Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:20:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rendering PoW Altcoin?  (Read 343 times)
FreshFund (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 08:07:41 AM

It would be awesome to create a coin that renders big movie, music or game projects.
There is definitely a need for core-Rendering power out there.
This would have real world industry and hobby level uses.

After some searching there seems to be a market for it with https://www.rendercore.com
Though their RenderCoin doesn't seem to a blockchain based currency, but a centralized e-currency like BitGold.

I'm probably going to start fiddling with a BOINC virtual box project and see if I can something going with Gridcoin, as I'm sure there's no need for a new Alt Coin.

BOINC might be a half-assed approach from a layperson, but it's probably all I'm capable of on my own - if that.

Anyways, food for thought I guess..

Note: If anyone does start rolling with this idea please involve me in some small way! Smiley
You may not want to use my code commits but I'm pretty damn good with graphics & logos, also I'd be the first to contribute cores to the project - and moniess

NEM:NDMFCC-HHUNIX-M3SHZY-YNM5VK-BYZ6ZU-FVQXHB-H6GB
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 06:44:36 AM

It would be awesome to create a coin that renders big movie, music or game projects.
There is definitely a need for core-Rendering power out there.
This would have real world industry and hobby level uses.

After some searching there seems to be a market for it with https://www.rendercore.com
Though their RenderCoin doesn't seem to a blockchain based currency, but a centralized e-currency like BitGold.

I'm probably going to start fiddling with a BOINC virtual box project and see if I can something going with Gridcoin, as I'm sure there's no need for a new Alt Coin.

BOINC might be a half-assed approach from a layperson, but it's probably all I'm capable of on my own - if that.

Anyways, food for thought I guess..

Note: If anyone does start rolling with this idea please involve me in some small way! Smiley
You may not want to use my code commits but I'm pretty damn good with graphics & logos, also I'd be the first to contribute cores to the project - and moniess

Good idea, but why restricting this to rendering? You could lease your all-purpose processing power and earn coins with it. I remember a project called Slicify which did that, but that also was a centralized service.

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: