Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:55:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of so-called "anonymous" coins (XMR, SDC, AEON and DASH)  (Read 8582 times)
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 07:39:00 AM

Monero broke number of records (price, trade volume), but it looks like many people believe that SDC and AEON will follow its trend. One can argue if the XMR growth can be called "organic", but my personal opinion is that this is a pure speculation. Both ShadowCash and Aeon have never reached such prices and volume (you can check their history) and I think that investing in them at this point could be called dangerous.  

Dash on the other hand is in decline (imho, it could not be called "price correction", because these dumps followed the Monero news).

I'm not sure who is going to "win" the "war" between anonymous digital currencies, but you should think twice before deciding to invest in some of them.
P.S. Personally I don't really care about any of these coins (i.e. if they succeed or FAIL).

Cheers,
Spartak

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 08:50:44 AM

It is Monero so it is not speculation that drives it , but Manipulation.  Wink

Cool
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 08:56:09 AM

Monero broke number of records (price, trade volume), but it looks like many people believe that SDC and AEON will follow its trend. One can argue if the XMR growth can be called "organic", but my personal opinion is that this is a pure speculation. Both ShadowCash and Aeon have never reached such prices and volume (you can check their history) and I think that investing in them at this point could be called dangerous.  

Dash on the other hand is in decline (imho, it could not be called "price correction", because these dumps followed the Monero news).

I'm not sure who is going to "win" the "war" between anonymous digital currencies, but you should think twice before deciding to invest in some of them.
P.S. Personally I don't really care about any of these coins (i.e. if they succeed or FAIL).

Cheers,
Spartak
Thanks for YOUR concern, For OUR money..that's sweet Kiss
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 09:06:55 AM

snip
Thanks for YOUR concern, For OUR money..that's sweet Kiss

And about what should I thank YOU for? For creating 5 threads about SDC in under an hour? Looks like it is making YOU smarter than me.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 09:09:18 AM

I'm lost as to what the point of this thread is. Anyone who buys in has either a) done their due diligence and already knows what they're getting into; or b) shouldn't be buying into it anyways and if it's not one of these coins that they lose with, it'll just be another. As long as people continue being stupid and throwing their money at random stuff in the hopes they will magically get rich, manipulation, scams, and failed projects will continue to grow in number.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 09:23:39 AM

As long as people continue being stupid and throwing their money at random stuff in the hopes they will magically get rich, manipulation, scams, and failed projects will continue to grow in number.

That's the point of the thread. We can't prevent them, but we can reduce them. Yes, you can say that there are a lot of "stupid" (I'd like to call them naive) people who would most likely "buy the news", but I don't think that's the main problem. Imho the main problem is people being greedy.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 09:28:59 AM

As long as people continue being stupid and throwing their money at random stuff in the hopes they will magically get rich, manipulation, scams, and failed projects will continue to grow in number.

That's the point of the thread. We can't prevent them, but we can reduce them. Yes, you can say that there are a lot of "stupid" (I'd like to call them naive) people who would most likely "buy the news", but I don't think that's the main problem. Imho the main problem is people being greedy.

The main problem is people acting on ignorance--and that includes not buying too. Throwing a general fear blanket on all anonymous coins misses that some of them are based on good crypto--namely XMR and AEON, and that Evan's coin uses a terrible trust scheme and the SDC was broken by a Monero cryptographer. If the OP has something against privacy as a whole, he should admit it, so others can perform due diligence on his opinion. I do remember that you had some interesting opinions on privacy and a desire to remove it from the cc world IIRC.

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 09:41:32 AM

The main problem is people acting on ignorance--and that includes not buying too.

Agreed. Can't argue with that. But you should also agree that we are currently on the "anonymous trains" wave and some people definitely will get burned.

If the OP has something against privacy as a whole, he should admit it, so others can perform due diligence on his opinion. I do remember that you had some interesting opinions on privacy and a desire to remove it from the cc world IIRC.

I've never said that I am against the privacy, but I do think it will not survive "the race". Monero currently has some success, but I'm still not sure if it is because the darknet markets, or it is just a speculation. Maybe it will find its usage (i.e. better adoption, which can justify the current price) in future, but imho it would not be that big as many people are expecting.

People should perform due diligence on these coins, not on me, because I am 101% sure that some of them will FAIL.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 09:49:36 AM

The main problem is people acting on ignorance--and that includes not buying too.

Agreed. Can't argue with that. But you should also agree that we are currently on the "anonymous trains" wave and some people definitely will get burned.

If the OP has something against privacy as a whole, he should admit it, so others can perform due diligence on his opinion. I do remember that you had some interesting opinions on privacy and a desire to remove it from the cc world IIRC.

I've never said that I am against the privacy, but I do think it will not survive "the race". Monero currently has some success, but I'm still not sure if it is because the darknet markets, or it is just a speculation. Maybe it will find its usage (i.e. better adoption, which can justify the current price) in future, but imho it would not be that big as many people are expecting.

People should perform due diligence on these coins, not on me, because I am 101% sure that some of them will FAIL.

So you never said anything pertaining to people needing oversight to protect them from their bad behavior? I have the day off tomorrow, so if I have to look it up, I'll look it up....

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 09:54:53 AM

So you never said anything pertaining to people needing oversight to protect them from their bad behavior? I have the day off tomorrow, so if I have to look it up, I'll look it up....

No need to dig around. I did said something like "people (at some point) needs to/must be controlled" and I stand fully behind my statement. That doesn't mean I am against privacy, it means that I am trying to be realistic here.

EDIT: P.S. My statement doesn't mean I am against "anonymous coins". I just want to warn people not to fall in the current hype.

DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 09:55:55 AM

I wouldnt it call the anon race... we had that back in the days when Dash was Darkcoin. It is more some band-waggoning of the Monero Hype.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 09:59:42 AM

No need to dig around. I did said something like "people (at some point) needs to/must be controlled" and I stand fully behind my statement. That doesn't mean I am against privacy, it means that I am trying to be realistic here.

EDIT: P.S. My statement doesn't mean I am against "anonymous coins". I just want to warn people not to fall in the current hype.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1521860.msg15319998#msg15319998 This was the statement I was talking about--you dodge around your statements, so the reader can attempt to figure out exactly where you stand for themselves.

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 09:59:51 AM

can you please explain why you are writing "so-called "anonymous" coins"?

why aren't they anonymous?

concerning monero: yes i missed the train. because i just could not believe that this will be possible. the price is higher than ETH and Dash.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 10:01:51 AM

@spartak. I am interested in your speculation of when and at what price XMR will start to drop. I am holding some XMR now that I bought at 800k satoshis and this fast movement of price is making me a little scared to be honest. I happy that it has gone up real quick making my investment profitable but I do not know if I should sell now or sell later.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 10:06:03 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1521860.msg15319998#msg15319998 This was the statement I was talking about--you dodge around your statements, so the reader can attempt to figure out exactly where you stand for themselves.

I dodge around nothing! People are free to see the discussion beyond that single comment.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1521860.msg15320286#msg15320286

Tell me something else, but I demand for a simple answer. Do you think that humanity (at this point) is being controlled?

EDIT:

@spartak. I am interested in your speculation of when and at what price XMR will start to drop. I am holding some XMR now that I bought at 800k satoshis and this fast movement of price is making me a little scared to be honest. I happy that it has gone up real quick making my investment profitable but I do not know if I should sell now or sell later.

I have no speculation since I don't consider this as an organic growth, which means that Monero may drop to $1 or it can rise to $50.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 10:08:55 AM

I dodge around nothing! People are free to see the discussion beyond that single comment.

Tell me something else, but I demand for a simple answer. Do you think that humanity (at this point) is being controlled?

I think people have always been manipulated and that they always will, so we need to develop tools to help them not be manacled too.

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 10:10:29 AM

I think people have always been manipulated and that they always will, so we need to develop tools to help them not be manacled too.

Then you are dodging around reality and Monero, and this (realistic) comment makes you a communist. I rest my case.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 10:15:26 AM

Then you are dodging around reality and Monero, and this (realistic) comment makes you a communist. I rest my case.

What? Was "I'm rubber, you're glue..." too obvious for you to use.

How does endorsing a tool to help you escape the watchful eye of the state, make anyone a communist? You seem confused. Commies want so much control that they can tell you where to work, and financial controls help them get (and maintain) that type of control.

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 10:28:38 AM

People in general are sheeps and we must always comply with this. Cryptocurrencies are seeking for a better adoption, and in reality, this will not happen without some censorship. Here we can all have our own opinions, but that's what just they are - separate opinions. We do not represent entire countries or certain governments. See what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEhSk71gUCQ

Being realistic does not mean that you support censorship, manipulation or whatever... I once told you:

P.S. Believe me, I'm not arguing or attacking you. I can join you and we can both scream "POWER TO THE PEOPLE" on the streets, but the effect would be 0.

How many people you think we can gather? 100k? A million? 100 million? What happens with the rest 7+ billion? When we are talking about trillion/s of $ potential market you can forget about your privacy. It's that simple.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 10:38:24 AM

People in general are sheeps and we must always comply with this. Cryptocurrencies are seeking for a better adoption, and in reality, this will not happen without some censorship. Here we can all have our own opinions, but that's what just they are - separate opinions. We do not represent entire countries or certain governments. See what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEhSk71gUCQ

Being realistic does not mean that you support censorship, manipulation or whatever... I once told you:

P.S. Believe me, I'm not arguing or attacking you. I can join you and we can both scream "POWER TO THE PEOPLE" on the streets, but the effect would be 0.

How many people you think we can gather? 100k? A million? 100 million? What happens with the rest 7+ billion? When we are talking about trillion/s of $ potential market you can forget about your privacy. It's that simple.

Dude, the adoption problem is a strawman, "We can't get a majority of the people, therefore privacy is useless ." It's not that simple, as I told you before, there is an estimated trillion dollars+ in untaxed income, so yeah, Monero can help maintain that--unless you think it's a good idea for those who are smart enough to dumb themselves down and hand their money to the state for inspection--

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: