Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:30:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of so-called "anonymous" coins (XMR, SDC, AEON and DASH)  (Read 8582 times)
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 02:00:15 PM

Yes I agree with OP.  But suckers/sheep will buy to high and baghold all from whales and their bots playing hte hype and facade of such anon coins.  Even I am fan Wink but tactics are bad.  As usual polo has insiders on this too.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 01:50:25 PM

So what happened about a month later?

1. Monero dump started somewhere at the time I created this thread (September 3th). Later it has some ups and downs, but basically we can see a downtrend ever since:

2. ShadowCash is so far the only "winner". It had several pumps and dumps since the beginning of this month and its price reached a peak of over 316k satoshi (~$2). But there is a downtrend as well (no, it is not "price correction", zoom the graphs on exchanges and you'll see).

3. Aeon. Well, can't say anything specific about this one... the numbers are saying all.

glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:03:01 PM

Yes I agree with OP.  But suckers/sheep will buy to high and baghold all from whales and their bots playing hte hype and facade of such anon coins.  Even I am fan Wink but tactics are bad.  As usual polo has insiders on this too.

Be that as it may - there is no doubting the uptick in XMR transactions that are leading to these types of speculations and pumps.
Tanglemymind

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 03:05:48 PM

Look buddy, I have broker certificate "A" from Sofia Commodity exchange since 2003, so I know a thing or two about trading. But this is not the subject of the thread.

P.S. Anyway, you can make some research and you'll see that I'm right.

Haha, that was a waste of money. 13 years of trading experience yet you spend all day posting on lcb...a ok ! I see your trading experience didn't work well for you,haha.

Move on child, let the adults handle this wild west industry.

...13 years experience, thanks for the Friday laughs!
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 04:15:42 PM

Look buddy, I have broker certificate "A" from Sofia Commodity exchange since 2003, so I know a thing or two about trading. But this is not the subject of the thread.

Haha, that was a waste of money. 13 years of trading experience yet you spend all day posting on lcb...a ok ! I see your trading experience didn't work well for you,haha.

Oh, yet another smart ass with his sock puppet account. It would be a waste of time to answer you, but get this. If you are willing to put a 1 BTC bet, then I can show my certificate and prove that I am indeed a certified broker from the Sofia Commodity exchange. I've never said that I am the bitcointalk's Warren Buffet, did I? No more answers for you (unless you are ready to bet that 1 BTC).

Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:16:06 PM

You think that the downward trend will continue with Monero?
I was hoping for it to at least maintain current value due to the fact some of the darknet markets started accepting it...

Has anyone heard news about ShadowCash being accepted at any site?
Darknet vendors are obviously going to be attracted to a coin that can help them remain anonymous.
If Monero fails I suspect people will move to some other anonymous coin.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:31:27 PM

So what happened about a month later?

1. Monero dump started somewhere at the time I created this thread (September 3th). Later it has some ups and downs, but basically we can see a downtrend ever since:

2. ShadowCash is so far the only "winner". It had several pumps and dumps since the beginning of this month and its price reached a peak of over 316k satoshi (~$2). But there is a downtrend as well (no, it is not "price correction", zoom the graphs on exchanges and you'll see).

3. Aeon. Well, can't say anything specific about this one... the numbers are saying all.

are you not forgetting one coin ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 09:33:26 PM

You think that the downward trend will continue with Monero?

Not sure what to think. The growth was not natural so...

are you not forgetting one coin ?

If you mean Dash, then no. I started the thread mainly because of the unnatural growth of 3 coins (XMR, SDC and Aeon). I mentioned Dash, because it was in downtrend and showed the graph for reference.

bigfryguy

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:20:55 AM

didnt take a genius to see that XMR was in a speculation bubble..  people manipulating that rise and now fall are making a fortune......  Id expect at least one more small and short pump before they return to dropping the price and accumulating.   

anonymous coin lol....  Id bet almost every monero holder has a polo account with a record of every transaction they ever did held by the exchange..

Tanglemymind

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 01:52:01 PM

Oh, yet another smart ass with his sock puppet account. It would be a waste of time to answer you, but get this. If you are willing to put a 1 BTC bet, then I can show my certificate and prove that I am indeed a certified broker from the Sofia Commodity exchange. I've never said that I am the bitcointalk's Warren Buffet, did I? No more answers for you (unless you are ready to bet that 1 BTC).

Just 1 btc? How are you going to afford that?
Are you sure you not confusing your comic book certificate?

Get lost loser.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:40:25 PM

I don't think that it is manipulation, but it was sure that when things will get sold against Monero, it will see a dump for sure...
But you cannot decline the fact that XMR is more secure against Bitcoins, because it has that inbuilt mixer for which you need to pay in case you need complete anonymity for bitcoins and so it also possesses the potential to rise back again, even more than where it used to be...

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 09:33:46 PM

I don't think that it is manipulation, but it was sure that when things will get sold against Monero, it will see a dump for sure...
But you cannot decline the fact that XMR is more secure against Bitcoins, because it has that inbuilt mixer for which you need to pay in case you need complete anonymity for bitcoins and so it also possesses the potential to rise back again, even more than where it used to be...

Of course it is manipulation, that was already proved by the market (XMR is down by like 40% since the creation of the thread). This is one of the main problems, which cryptocurrencies have. Some of us (me included) are trying to prove that cryptocurrencies are money, but you can't explain that to the average Joe, when we have such volatile market. When he invest his 5$ into Monero (or Bitcoin if you wish) and one week later he sees that he has $2.5 in his account, then you already lost him as a potential user.

Yes, many people are making money in that way, but this is not doing any good for the masses. If some of you are fine by that, I'm not, but everyone is entitled to his opinion...

dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 03:46:13 AM

Of course it is manipulation, that was already proved by the market (XMR is down by like 40% since the creation of the thread). This is one of the main problems, which cryptocurrencies have. Some of us (me included) are trying to prove that cryptocurrencies are money, but you can't explain that to the average Joe, when we have such volatile market. When he invest his 5$ into Monero (or Bitcoin if you wish) and one week later he sees that he has $2.5 in his account, then you already lost him as a potential user.

Yes, many people are making money in that way, but this is not doing any good for the masses. If some of you are fine by that, I'm not, but everyone is entitled to his opinion...

I wouldn't call it necessarily "manipulation".   This is the behaviour of pure "greater fool" speculation: buying at price X with the hope of finding an imbecile who will buy at price 2X (because he thinks he'll find an ever greater imbecile that will buy at 4X who thinks he'll find ...).  When the belief in 2X stagnates, obviously demand plummets, and the price with it.

But, as you say, this is the big sadness I'm also having about crypto: instead of having a market cap mainly sustained by usage (by the demand to *use* the bloody thing), we have market caps that are mainly sustained by "greater fool" demand.  That is always extremely volatile.  In fact, that demand cannot exist with a stable price and a stable price expectation: there is no hope for a greater fool, and there is no fear (nor of uncertainty and doubt, nor of missing out).  While a stable price is needed for usage.

Of course, when usage increases, price would rise too, that follows from Fisher's formula.  But it would be a solid price increase, sustained by more demand for its *usage*, and hence essentially independent of the beliefs of future price variation (which would be more of an unavoidable nuisance of increased popularity than anything else).
vigZ

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 05:49:30 AM

No cryptocurrency is ready for the mainstream, not for years. No one is arguing that. This petty discussion about price and speculation is worthless. This is the 90s of the internet. Your grandmother is not going to use bitcoin nor is her children. Since this thread is about anonymous coins like Monero then let's start here. From a usability standpoint Monero is the only crypto that is actually private and fungible so that puts it fucking light-years ahead of most cryptocurrencies. The pitfall of Monero currently is no GUI, but I honestly don't really care about GUIs. Monero will have a GUI done soon and likely before the RingCT hardfork in January. Money is going to be made along the way, I don't hear anyone complaining about how Bitcoin literally went from $20 to $1200 and back down to nearly $100 all over the course of two years. I simply don't care about that. Shift your focus to the end goal of these cryptocurrencies and work toward that goal, everything else is worthless.
DarkStar1O9

Activity: 489
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 06:33:59 AM

People can trade in or invest in whatever they want you just have to responsible and also learn more if don't know how to balance capital. Look at how well 1cr did this month and that coin used to be under 30k sats over the summer. Many coins still have much further to go.

ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform ❘|❘ ICO ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 12:21:01 PM

As far as I know only Monero is really anonymous, therefore it price go up. So if you buy Monero now, probably after few months Monero price will be much higher.  Grin
dranster

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 12:23:42 PM

DUMP ever anon coin XMR SDC NAV(USELESS SHIT) AEON and others, or CRY later!!!

ZCASH is coming up soon and will replace everything
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 01:36:17 PM

Monero broke number of records (price, trade volume), but it looks like many people believe that SDC and AEON will follow its trend. One can argue if the XMR growth can be called "organic", but my personal opinion is that this is a pure speculation. Both ShadowCash and Aeon have never reached such prices and volume (you can check their history) and I think that investing in them at this point could be called dangerous.  

Dash on the other hand is in decline (imho, it could not be called "price correction", because these dumps followed the Monero news).

I'm not sure who is going to "win" the "war" between anonymous digital currencies, but you should think twice before deciding to invest in some of them.
P.S. Personally I don't really care about any of these coins (i.e. if they succeed or FAIL).

Cheers,
Spartak

Darksilk will be on the market in the weeks to come, but that seems like a coin that will require patience and long term support, I guess it's still too early to speculate. We should strive to keep this thread alive. People always flock to the latest trend, the problem lie's within identifying the pattern, organic v.s hype.

vigZ

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 07:21:45 PM

DUMP ever anon coin XMR SDC NAV(USELESS SHIT) AEON and others, or CRY later!!!

ZCASH is coming up soon and will replace everything

Why would anyone dump for a coin that is controlled by a corporation and is not even private by default?
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 05:20:52 AM

Monero broke number of records (price, trade volume), but it looks like many people believe that SDC and AEON will follow its trend. One can argue if the XMR growth can be called "organic", but my personal opinion is that this is a pure speculation. Both ShadowCash and Aeon have never reached such prices and volume (you can check their history) and I think that investing in them at this point could be called dangerous.  
That proved to be sound advice. I think that we have not seen the last of these coins though. Personally ona risk reward basis I like Aeon ATM...
But as you say it's mostly speculation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: