Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:35:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How long does Dwolla usd ----> Mt. Gox usd take after you are verified  (Read 1100 times)
AeroJohn (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 12:51:07 PM

Also what is the fastest/reasonable way to get your mt.gox funded with a spending less than 500 dollars.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 01:10:18 PM

If you have the money in your dwolla account already, it's fast -- an hour or two if mtgox is open.

However, funding your Dwolla account is a different story. That takes about a week in my experience.
AeroJohn (OP)

Activity: 67

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 01:19:18 PM

If you have the money in your dwolla account already, it's fast -- an hour or two if mtgox is open.

However, funding your Dwolla account is a different story. That takes about a week in my experience.

so something like cash deposit would be the fastest way; but with a fee? like using bitinstant?
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 01:23:11 PM

For cash deposit I'd normally recommend Bitinstant, but they are apparently overwhelmed at the moment so you might have better luck with Bitfloor since they accept cash deposits at BoA.
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 01:27:53 PM

I just had one go through and it was only 5 days. Pretty simple and cheap too. For larger orders the fee is much better than Coinbase.

justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 01:30:38 PM

I just had one go through and it was only 5 days. Pretty simple and cheap too. For larger orders the fee is much better than Coinbase.
How many five day intervals have occurred this year in which the price increase was less than 1%?
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 01:44:03 PM

How many five day intervals have occurred this year in which the price increase was less than 1%?

That's a good point. I also try and plan ahead so I always have a reserve of fiat at MtGox so waiting five days is not a problem.

bitcoins5411

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 01:57:07 PM

I've found that cashing in/out of Mt Gox via Dwolla to be the best (and fastest) way to move funds. The problem is going from your bank to Dwolla. That will take 5 days usually.
gadsdengraphics

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 04:13:46 PM

I just initiated a Bitinstant ZipZap > MtGox transfer, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I'll be depositing the cash at a local WalMart in about an hour.
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 09:09:13 PM

I've found that going from Dwolla -> Gox usually takes only a few minutes.  There were a couple instances where I got the MtGox deposit notification e-mail before I got the withdrawal confirmation e-mail from Dwolla.

Going the other way (Gox -> Dwolla) has been pretty fast for me lately (a couple few hours, maybe a day).  Although back a few months ago it was taking over a week.
gadsdengraphics

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 03:29:09 AM

I just initiated a Bitinstant ZipZap > MtGox transfer, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

So..

It took an hour and a half to get money deposited - first, ZipZap, Bitinstant's payment processor for MoneyGram, didn't send me an email with my information. I drove to WalMart, then had to drive back to my office, print the PDF I'd luckily saved, then drive back. In addition, the CAPTCHA  Bitinstant is using doesn't work on Chrome for Android, and ZipZap's site doesn't work when tethered on my MBP to my tablet. Neither company has a phone number available.

Once I got the information, it took 3 minutes to fill out the paperwork and pay, and another 4 minutes before Bitinstant deposited the cash in my account.

Total fees, with processing fees from both Bitinstant and ZipZap, was 8.1%
christop

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 03:47:35 AM

So..

It took an hour and a half to get money deposited - first, ZipZap, Bitinstant's payment processor for MoneyGram, didn't send me an email with my information. I drove to WalMart, then had to drive back to my office, print the PDF I'd luckily saved, then drive back. In addition, the CAPTCHA  Bitinstant is using doesn't work on Chrome for Android, and ZipZap's site doesn't work when tethered on my MBP to my tablet. Neither company has a phone number available.

Once I got the information, it took 3 minutes to fill out the paperwork and pay, and another 4 minutes before Bitinstant deposited the cash in my account.

Total fees, with processing fees from both Bitinstant and ZipZap, was 8.1%
Yikes, 8.1%? I tried using ZigGap (which also uses ZipZap) last week, but I had an unpleasant experience with trying to send cash through MoneyGram (too many middle men there). I think the fee would have been about 8 or 9% to deposit $100 to purchase about $91 worth of Bitcoins. This week I tried Bitfloor which uses LocalTill to convert your cash to money in your Bitfloor account, and the total fee was only about 2.4% the two times I used it. I highly recommend Bitfloor for buying Bitcoins with cash (just remember to actually purchase Bitcoins once the money is in your Bitfloor account).

Tips are always welcome: 17Z63hLi2ox4fCMhDqVJrLTJiXVcBMJpMo
Alpaca socks donations: 1sockzDWcF8mrC59CgiN7HAJm6xL7TiRW
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 01:24:13 PM

This week I tried Bitfloor which uses LocalTill to convert your cash to money in your Bitfloor account, and the total fee was only about 2.4% the two times I used it. I highly recommend Bitfloor for buying Bitcoins with cash (just remember to actually purchase Bitcoins once the money is in your Bitfloor account).
The only downside is that prices in Bitfloor are a few percent higher than other exchanges, but at the moment it appears to be the most reliable way of buying Bitcoins with dollars.
christop

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:56:52 PM

This week I tried Bitfloor which uses LocalTill to convert your cash to money in your Bitfloor account, and the total fee was only about 2.4% the two times I used it. I highly recommend Bitfloor for buying Bitcoins with cash (just remember to actually purchase Bitcoins once the money is in your Bitfloor account).
The only downside is that prices in Bitfloor are a few percent higher than other exchanges, but at the moment it appears to be the most reliable way of buying Bitcoins with dollars.
That's true, but it's only about 3.3% higher than Mt.Gox at the moment (it's usually less than 2% higher). With the 2.4% LocalTill fee the total "fee" would come out to 5.7%, which is still lower than using BitInstant with ZipZap. Plus I don't have to fill out my personal information to send money through BofA as I do with MoneyGram, which is another bonus for me.

Tips are always welcome: 17Z63hLi2ox4fCMhDqVJrLTJiXVcBMJpMo
Alpaca socks donations: 1sockzDWcF8mrC59CgiN7HAJm6xL7TiRW
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 03:16:02 PM

That's true, but it's only about 3.3% higher than Mt.Gox at the moment (it's usually less than 2% higher). With the 2.4% LocalTill fee the total "fee" would come out to 5.7%, which is still lower than using BitInstant with ZipZap. Plus I don't have to fill out my personal information to send money through BofA as I do with MoneyGram, which is another bonus for me.
Sometimes the LocalTill fee is even lower. I just got quoted a 1.6% fee for a deposit I plan to make shortly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: