Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:38:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][COS] COSMOS, internet of blockchains  (Read 59751 times)
Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 10:17:36 PM

Then they need to explain why they have stolen verbatim the work / words of the blocknet devs.

I believe they will soon  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
moroseneng

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 10:34:01 PM

Then they need to explain why they have stolen verbatim the work / words of the blocknet devs.

I believe they will soon  Wink
still waiting for more information, i just bookmark this thread
Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 05:30:36 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2016, 11:55:33 AM by Xaltotun

Is it true Donald Trump backs this coin?

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
Conic

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 07:37:00 AM

This project looks really nice. One question for you dev. How do you think about the future of Naut/Par?
tulipbubble

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 07:42:13 AM

PLAGIARISM IS USUALLY AN INDICATOR OF A PROJECT BEING A SCAM.

Not so quick. Devs are very legit. I don't beleive it's a SCAM

http://tendermint.com/about/
many presentations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfFVh1DIKds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYX7VIVz578
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9krAQzN6tbc
and much more ...

PS: I'm not involve in any way on this project.

We need their info to know more about the team, anonymity of this project is not good. I don't believe them
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 09:07:46 AM

PLAGIARISM IS USUALLY AN INDICATOR OF A PROJECT BEING A SCAM.

Not so quick. Devs are very legit. I don't beleive it's a SCAM

http://tendermint.com/about/
many presentations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfFVh1DIKds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYX7VIVz578
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9krAQzN6tbc
and much more ...

PS: I'm not involve in any way on this project.

We need their info to know more about the team, anonymity of this project is not good. I don't believe them

True. its much safer to see how real the devs are. there are more projects better than this so they might as well try to publish themselves to gain trust from investors, else they may never get much funds for the project. 

To whom did they allegedly copy this project?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
truxton

Activity: 771
Merit: 521

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 01:41:15 PM

The blocknet: http://blocknet.co/
digaran2

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:13:12 PM

Interesting project, keeping an eye on this
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 10:37:15 PM

Any new development here ?  It is kinda silent from a potential crypto game-changer.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
truxton

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 01:30:06 PM

I think their silence speaks volumes with regards to not answering why they ripped of other devs without credit.
jaekwon (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:01:40 AM

We didn't steal or copy, though the tagline is coincidentally the same.  We arrived at that tagline because that's literally what we're creating -- and I like to call things for what they are.

In Cosmos, blockchains are light-clients of each other, where the light-client-SPV datastructure is included in another blockchain as a transaction, thereby allowing two blockchains to establish a virtual communication channel between each other.  It's a network of sidechains.

http://cosmos.network/whitepaper#inter-blockchain-communication-ibc

Looking into it, the best thing that I could find on what makes BlockNet an "internet of blockchains" is their XBridge, which I don't see much activity on.  It seems that BlockNet's "internet of blockchains" is about an intelligent wallet crawling blockchain nodes to coordinate cross-chain transactions.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.msg16240226#msg16240226
https://github.com/atcsecure/xbridge-old/blob/master/p2p.scm

Is there anything more to the "internet"-ness of BlockNet than what is above?  Because from what I can see, the way Cosmos is an "internet of blockchains" is completely different than how BlockNet does it.  Cosmos is a network of sidechains.

We're happy to change the tagline if BlockNet asks us to, but it's unfair to say that we copied anyone else's work.  Our work is original.  Our specification is unique, and provides uniquely competitive properties.

Also, sorry, been busy with the prefunding plan.  We'll post another update soon.
jaekwon (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:08:21 AM

I heard about you. So cosmos is basically a DEX or decentralized shapeshift? Seems like a novel idea, but who is doing the front end/UX for your group? Also, is it DPoS and are you still part of BlockchainOS?

We're not "part" of BlockchainOS.  We advise them on blockchain architecture.
jaekwon (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:12:18 AM

Wow what a rip off of Blocknet. Even using the same tag line:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.0

"the internet of blockchains".  

They even quote one of the Blocknet devs directly: "An ideal solution is one that allows multiple parallel blockchains to interoperate while retaining their security properties"   Shameless.

Those are my words.  You'll have to post the Blocknet dev's words so we can compare the meaning behind them.  But if we're speaking of ideals, and these ideals are true, then it's not surprising that two different people describe the same thing.

By "retaining their security properties", I mean PoS allows you to do this.  Not so with a network of PoW chains, where the miners can be bribed on a whim.  Our proposed solution to that problem is BFT PoS, a constitution, and a governance system to amend the constitution.
jaekwon (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:13:33 AM

Guys, sorry, but its absolutely indecent of you to just copy another ones work and writings without referring to them. I will not invest in projects that are run by sneaky copycats. Furthermore, just to sum your whitepaper up for all the noobs here: Cosmos tech is essentially inferior to Blocknet. Everyone, please, do your research.

You'll have to justify that.  Yes, everyone, please do your research Smiley
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 07:40:30 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2016, 08:40:35 AM by synechist

Wow what a rip off of Blocknet. Even using the same tag line:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.0

They even quote one of the Blocknet devs directly: "An ideal solution is one that allows multiple parallel blockchains to interoperate while retaining their security properties"   Shameless.

Those are my words.  You'll have to post the Blocknet dev's words so we can compare the meaning behind them.  But if we're speaking of ideals, and these ideals are true, then it's not surprising that two different people describe the same thing.

By "retaining their security properties", I mean PoS allows you to do this.  Not so with a network of PoW chains, where the miners can be bribed on a whim.  Our proposed solution to that problem is BFT PoS, a constitution, and a governance system to amend the constitution.

Hey hey

Thanks for the response. I tweeted at you guys several times about this, to no avail. Glad to see you're around.

To be clear (to all reading), I'm not accusing you of plagiarism or of copying our code. I'm just engaging you in conversation.

Having read your whitepaper, there's no question of your copying the Blocknet's technical approach. You're using DPoS and sidechains/sharding; we're using an inter-chain network overlay, a blockchain router, p2p messaging and atomic protocols.

However, when it comes to how you represent/market yourselves, there's a striking similarity in both concept and wording.
Consider, for example, the third paragraph of your whitepaper: this echoes, almost verbatim, the following:
- a sentence in the second paragraph of our last blog post
- a sentence in our last radio interview
- many other instances, over the course of at least the past year, in which we've described our goal as preserving the security properties of blockchains in inter-chain scenarios.

The other, more obvious similarity (note I'm intentionally not using the accusatory word "copying"), is "internet of blockchains." That's effectively our slogan or descriptive title. It's been that for the past two years. If there are two "reserved terms" I'd like not to be used for other projects, they would be
- internet of blockchains
- blockchain router

I can't - and I'm not trying to - stop you from using "internet of blockchains" or phrases about "preserving security properties."
I'm not accusing you of plagiarism either.
But I request, as a matter of prior art, that you both (a) find equivalent but different ways of describing your project, and (b) that consider acknowledging - where relevant - that we precede you in pursuing the vision of inter-chain interoperability and were the first in carving out the concepts that you've arrived at.

Cheers

Arlyn

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
truxton

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 06:46:45 PM

Those are my words.  You'll have to post the Blocknet dev's words so we can compare the meaning behind them.  But if we're speaking of ideals, and these ideals are true, then it's not surprising that two different people describe the same thing.

By "retaining their security properties", I mean PoS allows you to do this.  Not so with a network of PoW chains, where the miners can be bribed on a whim.  Our proposed solution to that problem is BFT PoS, a constitution, and a governance system to amend the constitution.

Hey hey

Thanks for the response. I tweeted at you guys several times about this, to no avail. Glad to see you're around.

To be clear (to all reading), I'm not accusing you of plagiarism or of copying our code. I'm just engaging you in conversation.

Having read your whitepaper, there's no question of your copying the Blocknet's technical approach. You're using DPoS and sidechains/sharding; we're using an inter-chain network overlay, a blockchain router, p2p messaging and atomic protocols.

However, when it comes to how you represent/market yourselves, there's a striking similarity in both concept and wording.
Consider, for example, the third paragraph of your whitepaper: this echoes, almost verbatim, the following:
- many other instances, over the course of at least the past year, in which we've described our goal as preserving the security properties of blockchains in inter-chain scenarios.

The other, more obvious similarity (note I'm intentionally not using the accusatory word "copying"), is "internet of blockchains." That's effectively our slogan or descriptive title. It's been that for the past two years. If there are two "reserved terms" I'd like not to be used for other projects, they would be
- internet of blockchains
- blockchain router

I can't - and I'm not trying to - stop you from using "internet of blockchains" or phrases about "preserving security properties."
But I request, as a matter of prior art, that you both (a) find equivalent but different ways of describing your project, and (b) that consider acknowledging - where relevant - that we precede you in pursuing the vision of inter-chain interoperability and were the first in carving out the concepts that you've arrived at.

Cheers

Arlyn

I can see how the phrase "internet of blockchains" MIGHT, just MIGHT be a coincidence.  But the other examples of text from the white papers posted above are just stealing. There is zero chance that is coincidence. Its plagiarism.  Its what students do when they need to pad out an essay.
jaekwon (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 08:53:31 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2016, 09:59:37 PM by jaekwon

- many other instances, over the course of at least the past year, in which we've described our goal as preserving the security properties of
blockchains in inter-chain scenarios.

Can you please paste the sentence from the second paragraph of your last blog post that you find strikingly similar?  I just want to make sure we're talking about the same parts.

I have no qualms changing the phrase.  "Network of blockchains"?  We'll take that then Smiley
I didn't pursue any vision of blockchains until early 2014.  Well, even before then, if you count the fact that since 2013 I had developed exchange software for a crypto-crypto exchange to compete with Cryptsy.  I abandoned that (https://github.com/jaekwon/ftnox-backend) and started working on Tendermint because it is what enables secure PoS.  And we have to get away from PoW in order for the security of many chains to be independent of each other.

http://tendermint.com/blog/security-of-cryptocurrency-protocols/

Looking at BlockNet's vision, it seems like we're fully aligned.  We're not even competing, we're both developing toward a shared system from different angles.  To call us plagiarizing is a stretch... we've created and proposed solutions to longstanding problems in the crypto space.

Here, I've changed our tagline.  We'll update them on our website too.  I acknowledge that jl777 has had great ideas, inevitable ideas.  I'd like for us to take part in the journey.  The internet of blockchains will not be centralized, or hierarchical.  Like the WorldWideWeb that preceded it, it is connected in every possible way.
targetmlrd

Activity: 588
Merit: 530

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 06:51:02 PM

Russian translation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1638305.new#new
jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 09:31:35 PM

Network of blockchains tagline seems to be catchy and legit. Nice to see you around . No funfare here but a very huge potential for success. Still waiting for translation assignment. Already done the initial task.
jaekwon (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 10:05:57 PM

Network of blockchains tagline seems to be catchy and legit. Nice to see you around . No funfare here but a very huge potential for success. Still waiting for translation assignment. Already done the initial task.

Thanks.

Sorry about how long its taking about the translation.  We will follow through, but it will take some time to settle all the business.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: