Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:39:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW] [BETTING] BTCBet.us Now Open! Come Bet on Real-World Events!  (Read 770 times)
BTCBet Online Betting (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:47:03 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2016, 04:50:04 PM by BTCBet Online Betting

Transparent. Secure. Fun. Profitable.

We are finally announcing the release of the latest game to hit the bitcoin community - BTCBet.us.  With this game, we offer a number of bets on real-world events, like bitcoin prices, election results, and sporting events.  Each of them provides a future scenario (ex. Blue Jays Win World Series in 2016).  You choose to bet on either "Yes" or "No", and make a deposit (minimum 0.0025 BTC).  After the resolution date, you will receive a payout to the address of your choice if you win the bet.  Our simple rules allow for maximum fun!

We are going in direct competition with another popular betting site, which is very similar to our release.  However, there are a number of reasons we believe we are better!

• Lower minimum deposit of 0.0025 BTC
  • Lower fee percent (0.8%)
  • No complicated weighting (plans to add weighting in future for increased variety)
  • Straightforward Interface
  • No negative history (brand new company)
  • Complete and open nature, providing database dumps for all users to view and verify
  • Open support and free contribution to bet list
  • HTTPS provided

We look forward to servicing your betting needs for a long time to come! Come check us out at BTCBet.us!

Come check out bets involving specific coins:

We also have bets on the weather, the election, and many other hot topics! Go get started at BTCBet.us!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:18:40 AM

Looks good! Haven't seen any betting site like this. What I noticed:
-The font is a little bit off, maybe add more px?
-There is no support feature? or a way in the website where user can send ticket?

Moreover, I think it will be great if it have an account system and a logs of users bets.
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:22:58 AM

As soon as i clicked your site link it went to btcplus.club site and that site is hacking the account records, please check your link or you are doing some type of hacking .

Please be carefull to click the link in the OP thread. It is redirecting to the hacking site. He is a scammer.
maxhor

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:30:57 AM

As soon as i clicked your site link it went to btcplus.club site and that site is hacking the account records, please check your link or you are doing some type of hacking .

Please be carefull to click the link in the OP thread. It is redirecting to the hacking site. He is a scammer.

It's working fine for me link is not redirecting to me another link, just clicked on that link and can open that without any suspicious link or redirect,  but that is annoying to hear about this you got to another site which is hacking the account information.

Edit : Just noticed there is https://btcplus.club that link exist. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Transparent. Secure. Fun. Profitable.

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 04:32:00 PM

You are absolutely right.  That link (and style) was a copy over from a forum post I borrowed because I liked the style.  I assure you that I am not a scammer (nor is BTCPlus for that matter, despite it fitting in an alternate category of website).

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 04:39:10 PM

Looks good! Haven't seen any betting site like this. What I noticed:
-The font is a little bit off, maybe add more px?
-There is no support feature? or a way in the website where user can send ticket?

Moreover, I think it will be great if it have an account system and a logs of users bets.

You're absolutely right about the font, development was done on a larger screen.  I'm having my web developer take a look at it right away!

In terms of the support, we can be reached by forum post, Reddit, or email.  We felt that ensuring a host of public community support gateways would enable a more open environment.  If there are private matters, we handle direct email support at admin@btcbet.us.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 05:34:57 PM

I would really commend your effort so far with the cost and time that have been devoted to build it up to this level I say welldone. I will only want to add little try to listen to what others have suggested and try to always keep the thread active so it wont be pushed to the back and with this traffic will be met and the objective of this project will will eventually be achieved...

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:42:48 PM

I would really commend your effort so far with the cost and time that have been devoted to build it up to this level I say welldone. I will only want to add little try to listen to what others have suggested and try to always keep the thread active so it wont be pushed to the back and with this traffic will be met and the objective of this project will will eventually be achieved...

Thank you!  This is absolutely a goal for us!  We are very open to hearing people's thoughts on the website, and adding bets based on what users would like!  If some of our fans are avid soccer fans, then we'll make sure that soccer is a primary focus for our website!  If people want to bet on Litecoin, then so be it!  We actively encourage users to communicate with our team to ensure everyone can make the most out of the website!
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:08:44 PM

That is really a great idea to create a twist in gambling , I visited to your site and it is working much better , I hope you will be there for longer, In the past I also created a site like that but that was only for election betting but unfortunately I did not continued it for longer because of lack of funds for advertisement.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2016, 07:42:44 PM

• No complicated weighting
If you ask me, having "complicated" weighting is a good thing. It encourages others to join in earlier, instead of waiting for the last hour to make sure that the odds are decent for them. If not many people have made a bet on the selection your against, you might not want to make a bet one because the profit would seem very low.

• No negative history
No positive history or any history at all, so you can't really consider that a benefit. Why did you fail to mention that you don't have any history at all, but only pointed out that you don't have negative history?

taking a break - expect delayed responses

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 09:24:17 PM

That is really a great idea to create a twist in gambling , I visited to your site and it is working much better , I hope you will be there for longer, In the past I also created a site like that but that was only for election betting but unfortunately I did not continued it for longer because of lack of funds for advertisement.

That's neat!  We'd like to stay around for the long term and build up a history as a positive user of the bitcoin community.  We feel that this betting system is the way to do so.  While increasing popularity in bitcoin, and providing a great outing for users to play with their coins in a safe and secure manner, we hope to ensure all users are happy!

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 09:30:55 PM

If you ask me, having "complicated" weighting is a good thing. It encourages others to join in earlier, instead of waiting for the last hour to make sure that the odds are decent for them. If not many people have made a bet on the selection your against, you might not want to make a bet one because the profit would seem very low.

I completely agree.  Right now, we are using it as a selling feature.  This works best for bets where betting ends before the actual time in which the outcome could happen begins.  For example, on our website, you can bet on the future of bitcoin in 2017.  Those bets end January 1, 2017 (the resolution occurs at the end of 2017).  This means that all bets made in the betting time will be considered equal, because when you're betting on the course of a year, 2 months don't make that big of difference.

All this said, we are currently discussing among the admin team the possibility of adding time-based weighting so that earlier bets receive a slightly higher (or significantly higher) payout depending on the bet.  Stay tuned for updates on this feature.

No positive history or any history at all, so you can't really consider that a benefit. Why did you fail to mention that you don't have any history at all, but only pointed out that you don't have negative history?

I absolutely cannot argue with this.  We are a brand new company starting brand new from the ground up.  I changed the OP to reflect this (sorry for the slightly misleading post).  However, some of our direct competition, despite being around since 2013, has a series of extremely horrible events, hacks, and other issues with their website and management.  This was enough to turn many users away from these sites.  We are slowly gaining a history, and continually adding new features.  We hope that you'll come around and see how great our service can be as we build a reputation in the community!
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2016, 10:48:10 PM

I completely agree.  Right now, we are using it as a selling feature.  This works best for bets where betting ends before the actual time in which the outcome could happen begins.  For example, on our website, you can bet on the future of bitcoin in 2017.  Those bets end January 1, 2017 (the resolution occurs at the end of 2017).  This means that all bets made in the betting time will be considered equal, because when you're betting on the course of a year, 2 months don't make that big of difference.

All this said, we are currently discussing among the admin team the possibility of adding time-based weighting so that earlier bets receive a slightly higher (or significantly higher) payout depending on the bet.  Stay tuned for updates on this feature.
Sounds good. I think that some bets definitely need to have a significantly or decently higher payout (like the election one), since things can change pretty quickly in politics. You can try to make it less complicated by wording it differently, since one of your competitor's wording makes it confusing, or doing it differently. Consider trying a "share" system, where people get shares of the pot based on how much they wager, and when they wager.

I absolutely cannot argue with this.  We are a brand new company starting brand new from the ground up.  I changed the OP to reflect this (sorry for the slightly misleading post).  However, some of our direct competition, despite being around since 2013, has a series of extremely horrible events, hacks, and other issues with their website and management.  This was enough to turn many users away from these sites.  We are slowly gaining a history, and continually adding new features.  We hope that you'll come around and see how great our service can be as we build a reputation in the community!

Nice to see your communication is good. What are you doing differently to prevent hacks, and issues with the website/management?

taking a break - expect delayed responses

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 05:30:32 AM

Sounds good. I think that some bets definitely need to have a significantly or decently higher payout (like the election one), since things can change pretty quickly in politics. You can try to make it less complicated by wording it differently, since one of your competitor's wording makes it confusing, or doing it differently. Consider trying a "share" system, where people get shares of the pot based on how much they wager, and when they wager.

I like that system.  While we probably won't have it functional for this election, we will work on getting that ready for a lunch in 2017!

Nice to see your communication is good. What are you doing differently to prevent hacks, and issues with the website/management?

To prevent direct hacks, we are making sure that our databases are fully available to everyone online (see our Stats page for more information), including a full traceable history.  This ensures that in the case of an online hack, everyone can verify that everything recovers successfully.

We have HTTPS set up, and actively encourage everyone to use it, to prevent man in the middle attacks against the deposit addresses.

We use cold storage to ensure that no funds are kept online.  All deposits are made to an address of our cold storage wallet (which resides on a Trezor).  As the value of the wallet increases, we will continue to upgrade this security, moving to diversity among Trezors kept in separate places.  As our balance grows, we will introduce multisig.  All that is stored online is the xpub to generate deposit addresses from (which we will even release upon request so that users can view and ensure all transactions are kept truthfully without us taking money from the balance).

If there are any other security concerns, don't hesitate to inquire!  We will address any concern, and ensure that we are properly set up to prevent attacks (it is both in our best interest, as well as yours, to ensure that no hacking occurs).

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:39:51 PM

If anyone out there would be interested in helping with customer relations and advertising for this website, please do contact us!  Our biggest struggle right now is getting the name out there, and we are very open to suggestions!

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 04:49:00 PM

Our inventory of bets is slowly growing!  We now have 11 open bets!

Come check out bets involving specific coins:

We also have bets on the weather, the election, and many other hot topics!  Come check us out today!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: