Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:04:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st Global Monero Summit  (Read 1612 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 10:01:39 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2016, 10:45:08 AM by rpietila

The summit is cancelled. See link for details.

Information is updated with recent developments.

1. The target size of the event has been increased to 40 due to encouraging reception, and the willingness to have a comprehensive event, and because we want to integrate both early adopters, recent investors, developers, infrastructure providers, the media etc.

2. Only the pre-summit will be organised in Malla Castle (pictured), the main event will be hosted in Rakvere Aqva Spa Hotel, the best spa in Estonia (itself the country with the most spas per capita in the world), from where the summit office is pictured.

3. The dates are open to fit the schedule of the main speakers (in the range of Oct-15...Dec-15 tentatively). I have asked fluffypony and Roger Ver (in addition to myself) to speak in the event.

4. The designation "speaker" does not mean that the feeling of a graceful summit is at risk. The spa section of the hotel is gorgeous, the rooms very nice, we will have private suites and a conference room with the "official" programme. Everyone will have a chance to grab the mic and everyone who wishes, will get it recorded. Outside the podium, we have a no-recording policy.

5. The 2 restaurants in the hotel and several elsewhere in Rakvere offer a choice of international and Estonian cuisine and have been tried and accepted.

6. Grand Dinner can still be hosted in my castle, but that will be an experience since despite all the heating available, the castle will be cold. The grand dinner will last typically about 8 hours with about 10 courses of food.

7. Rakvere is located about 1 hour from the Tallinn airport. A flight to Helsinki can also be considered if travel time is not a priority, since Helsinki is only a scheduled ferry ride from Tallinn.

8. Cost is still open, it will consist of event fee and accommodation package. A limited number of room upgrades available. A two-day stay in a single room, food and most drinks included, event fee, airport transfer = total about $1,000. Nobody is sponsoring the event but we are not fleecing either, the cost is what it is. The hotel is classy.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lucky80

Activity: 1652
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 10:09:19 PM

TBA

TBA Soon ... Will be Watching Soon... Congratulation....
SONICGEAR

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 10:19:35 PM

wonderful pic Smiley
ricku

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 10:53:44 PM

I knew Monero have something at stake when the price increased 100% within a short period, i know estonia is in Europe but which popular country is closer to it ?

koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 02:58:43 PM

I see a free flagpole for a monero flag  Wink I wish everybody a great time on this event.
mambamanagement

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 12:24:09 AM

date works great risto. look forward to shaking your hand and saying thank you!
let it be known when the date is official so as i can book a plane ticket
its gonna be a hell of a party
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 07:36:40 PM

I needed to scale it up a little. New info in OP. Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
szachta

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 07:46:59 PM

Nice foto.
bobabouey2

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 08:21:02 PM

Grand dinner is part of the pre-summit?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 08:26:14 PM

Grand dinner is part of the pre-summit?

If the main event is Sat-Sun, then the grand dinner would be Friday night.

Another possibility would be after the event, Sunday night in Malla, with the following overnighting in Malla. Perhaps this way even better.

We can only accommodate 20 people in Malla in hotel-like conditions. And about similar is the max dinner.

But organising the summit for so few feels like a waste as there are so many groups who like to get represented.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 10:07:02 PM

There is some support for the dates after the London BTC conference, about 9-12 November. And also around 15th.

The speaker feelers are also still out. However,

this is not a speaker-audience thing. Everyone may speak, but even that is not the main reason to come.

Coming together of the Monero people, that is.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 11:00:43 AM

Roger confirmed by "I would be interested in attending the event though."

("though" was supposedly to downplay his importance in Monero.) I am still waiting response from fluffypony, whom I consider rather important in Monero regardless of any attempt of downplaying it  Grin

The task to coordinate the event time, remains.

americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 02:01:19 AM

I'd be possibly interested in attending.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
needmoney90

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:47:01 AM

Possibly interested. Sounds like a blast. Can we pay the cost in Monero?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:30:29 AM

Can we pay the cost in Monero?

Yes, you will be able to. We are still too early to even find out the cost, and also there will the challenge if we denominate in XMR (which we would like to), then the changes in rate affect people's willingness to come. Just this year, a bitcoin conference got cancelled partly because BTC shot up.

Fluffypony is confirmed to attend, though, so it is going to be the important meeting as it was intended to be.

cryptonic21

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 03:54:14 PM

Very interested to come. Not sure yet, but sounds great.

Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:10:47 PM

"Uprising" is that even legal?

“The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.”

― Ayn Rand

I envy you.. Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████