Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:39:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Accidentally sent BTC to USDT address  (Read 4685 times)
hassan2901 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 05:33:41 AM

I have Accidentally deposited BTC from my wallet to my poloniex USDT wallet address there a way i can get back my coins? I have already opened the support ticket which has not been answered yet but the Mod on their troll box is saying that recovery is not possible

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 06:22:32 AM

Can anyone help on this matter?
Easy - just send it back.  If you have the private key of the USDT address, then it is a bitcoin address and it holds both bitcoin and USDT.  just do a bitcoin transaction to send bitcoin and sign it with the USDT private key.

If you don't know how to do that, then just import the USDT private key into your favorite wallet.  BAM~ you bitcoin will be there after it syncs.
TKeenan

Activity: 874

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 06:23:46 AM

I have Accidentally deposited BTC from my wallet to my poloniex USDT wallet address there a way i can get back my coins? I have already opened the support ticket which has not been answered yet but the Mod on their troll box is saying that recovery is not possible
Poloniex will definitely fix this.  Those bitcoin are not lost.  The troll box was probably just some asshole messing with you.   
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 06:34:10 AM

Poloniex will definitely fix this.  Those bitcoin are not lost.  The troll box was probably just some asshole messing with you.   

How can you tell that troll box is just messing with him, Poloniex is today a big exchange with responsible in crypto market, I dont think that they will just be making messing with any clients as this will hurt their reputation.
bitcointank

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 08:25:05 AM

Easy - just send it back.  If you have the private key of the USDT address, then it is a bitcoin address and it holds both bitcoin and USDT.  just do a bitcoin transaction to send bitcoin and sign it with the USDT private key.

If you don't know how to do that, then just import the USDT private key into your favorite wallet.  BAM~ you bitcoin will be there after it syncs.

Yes, so OP just send a support ticket to poloniex, polo will solve this question for OP. OP just be easy, don't worry.
hassan2901 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 08:58:28 AM

Yes, so OP just send a support ticket to poloniex, polo will solve this question for OP. OP just be easy, don't worry.

Yes i did that already haven't responded yet so waiting on them, do you know what their average response time?
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 03:30:07 PM

Yes i did that already haven't responded yet so waiting on them, do you know what their average response time?
Their support is preety active and max time to respond keep changing with number of open support tickets. Wait upto 48 hour before sending another support ticket.

I Haven't known that USDT address are just like bitcoin address and the private key of USDT address can be used to do normal bitcoin transaction however you can't get private key of your USDT deposit address in poloniex so you have to wait till support replies, hope you will get your bitcoin backs or get it deposited in your account.

maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 04:19:12 PM

maybe you still need to waiting in some few days or if until 3 days you've got no answer then you can send support ticket to poloniex. the support system is very late to respond the ticket but they are helping their member and give the best solutions for the member. just waiting for a while.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4435

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 05:38:14 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2016, 06:04:51 PM by franky1

USDT uses the same conversion and checksum of the publickey->address  as bitcoin .
so a keypair for USDT is the same as bitcoin

EG
Private 5abcde -> public 1zxywv for USDT
is also 5abcde -> 1zxywv for bitcoin

poloniex can simply copy USDT private key for public address 1zxywv.. put it into a bitcoin wallet to then see the bitcoin balance of 1zxywv
then poloniex can move the funds back to sender or an address OP desires.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
digitacorp

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 06:15:00 PM

Hello hassan2901, can you inform how the situation ended for you?
I made the same mistake...
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 06:23:44 PM

Troll box is an open chat Poloniex is hosting.  unless the account is official poloniex account it means as much as what we say here. (somewhat helpful but not definitive) 

How can you tell that troll box is just messing with him, Poloniex is today a big exchange with responsible in crypto market, I dont think that they will just be making messing with any clients as this will hurt their reputation.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
digitacorp

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 06:35:47 PM

Troll box is an open chat Poloniex is hosting.  unless the account is official poloniex account it means as much as what we say here. (somewhat helpful but not definitive) 

I understand that the OP response won't change much.
I am waiting for Poloniex's response to the ticket I opened yesterday but as I am in the same situation as the OP I was just curious to know.
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 09:00:11 PM

I understand that the OP response won't change much.
I am waiting for Poloniex's response to the ticket I opened yesterday but as I am in the same situation as the OP I was just curious to know.
Well yeah, the only thing you could do is wait for a response from Poloniex's support.
Be persistent(nag) them It usually helps.  Tongue

As for OP I don't think you'll get a reply, looks like a throwaway account. Two post total. Just for this thread. 
Though I don't really know why he even felt the need to make one. Well, maybe his alt/main acc will see.

Anyway, do keep us posted on what happens. Seeing as OP didn't bother to update.  Tongue Tongue

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
digitacorp

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 08:32:05 AM

UPDATE:
Poloniex response to my ticket:

Thank you for getting in touch.
Please do not ever send one type of crypto currency to the address of another type of crypto currency. Mistakes like this can lead to the complete and irretrievable loss of your funds and so always be vigilant.
However in this case I am happy to inform you that I have succeeded in recovering the funds for you.
They should be credited to your account shortly.
Please let me know if you feel that there is still an issue.

I confirm that the funda are in my account now.
I'm glad my money isn't lost :-)
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 08:34:36 AM

You should lock this thread if you consider the issue resolved, or at least edit the title so it doesn't waste the time of anybody that clicks on it.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
digitacorp

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 08:39:07 AM

You should lock this thread if you consider the issue resolved, or at least edit the title so it doesn't waste the time of anybody that clicks on it.

The thread isn't mine.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 08:59:49 AM

UPDATE:
Poloniex response to my ticket:

Thank you for getting in touch.
Please do not ever send one type of crypto currency to the address of another type of crypto currency. Mistakes like this can lead to the complete and irretrievable loss of your funds and so always be vigilant.
However in this case I am happy to inform you that I have succeeded in recovering the funds for you.
They should be credited to your account shortly.
Please let me know if you feel that there is still an issue.

I confirm that the funda are in my account now.
I'm glad my money isn't lost :-)

Glad to hear   that  poloniex got  resolved this  problem and  nextime  be sure  not to  commit the same  mistake again because  on the 2nd time you would   do this  they would not  abl e to recover it back as they stated. Be sure  to send  on a  correct address  next time.  This thread should be  locked.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
crypto-trade.net

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 08:35:39 PM

I know how to return the funds.
If you still have not answered, I can help, write to me.
devilburner

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:27:09 AM

After about a week delay they helped me too! An amazing exchange. Please do not remove it! It can help people to not hesitate to contact with Poloniex support.
Hi xxx,

Thank you for getting in touch and sorry for the delay.

You have actually sent your BTC to your USDT address. You can not send one type of crypto-currency to another type of crypto-currency's address -- these are not compatible and must first be exchanged. Only BTC can be sent to a BTC address and USDT to an USDT address. Not doing this can result in a permanent loss of your funds.

On this occasion however I have managed to recover your funds and these should appear as an incoming BTC transaction shortly. You can view this deposit below:

Xxx

Please ensure to always double check the deposit address before sending funds in the future. If I can be of any further assistance on this matter please do not hesitate to let me know by simply replying to this ticket.

Best regards,

Kevin
Poloniex Support
d0flaming0

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:27:20 AM

After about a week delay they helped me too! An amazing exchange. Please do not remove it! It can help people to not hesitate to contact with Poloniex support.
Hi xxx,

Thank you for getting in touch and sorry for the delay.

You have actually sent your BTC to your USDT address. You can not send one type of crypto-currency to another type of crypto-currency's address -- these are not compatible and must first be exchanged. Only BTC can be sent to a BTC address and USDT to an USDT address. Not doing this can result in a permanent loss of your funds.

On this occasion however I have managed to recover your funds and these should appear as an incoming BTC transaction shortly. You can view this deposit below:

Xxx

Please ensure to always double check the deposit address before sending funds in the future. If I can be of any further assistance on this matter please do not hesitate to let me know by simply replying to this ticket.

Best regards,

Kevin
Poloniex Support

They have amazing support and super reliable, I got the same mistake also when send my BTC to an invalid address,
 luckily because its an invalid one it wasn't confirmed after 24 hours of waiting and that's the time i canceled my transactions, an email come to my support email containing notice that i didn't confirmed my transaction because its invalid.
Even those little mistakes of mine and even if its just a little amount of BTC, they provide proper and good support to each customer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: