Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:04:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Live Bitcoin Charts in MetaTrader 4 for any market @ bitcoincharts.com  (Read 32085 times)
delulo

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:46:07 PM

Thanks for your feedback! I trust you Smiley but I am very focused on security. Is there another 100% secure way to get Bitcoin auto updated charts into MT? I just use MT to analyze not to trade...
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kvm (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:17:48 PM

Thanks for your feedback! I trust you Smiley but I am very focused on security. Is there another 100% secure way to get Bitcoin auto updated charts into MT? I just use MT to analyze not to trade...

For MtGox exchange, as far as I know there is no other way!

I recommend you to take a look at this exchange: btc-e.com. They have their own MT server and no third party software is required!
delulo

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:35:41 PM

I recommend you to take a look at this exchange: btc-e.com. They have their own MT server and no third party software is required!

I trade on Bitstamp. But I could just open an account on btc-e to use ther MT4 service?
kvm (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:40:51 PM

I trade on Bitstamp. But I could just open an account on btc-e to use ther MT4 service?

Yes, then just go to Profile | Meta Trader and open a demo MT account!
delulo

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:17:11 PM

Yes, then just go to Profile | Meta Trader and open a demo MT account!

Thanks kvm. Certainly gives you credibility Wink
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:13:19 PM

Why go through all that work when you could just use BTC-E's MT4 platform?
kvm (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:22:29 PM

Why go through all that work when you could just use BTC-E's MT4 platform?

Actually I'm running the script inside Btc-e terminal to watch closely and other exchanges - Mtgox and Bitstamp in my case!

I've also just released the Nextcoin version of the script: https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,3050.0.html
bit-fxtrader

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:55:32 PM

Has anyone adapted this for BTC China?

Also curious if there's a way to plugin cryptsy's feed? They have tons of alt coins, looking for a way to get MT4 charts on these.
kvm (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:17:26 PM

Also curious if there's a way to plugin cryptsy's feed? They have tons of alt coins, looking for a way to get MT4 charts on these.

I've examined the BTC China's API and at first glance I think it can be done! Cryptsy in other hand doesn't provide API to download history data!
bit-fxtrader

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:13:49 AM

I've examined the BTC China's API and at first glance I think it can be done! Cryptsy in other hand doesn't provide API to download history data!

So basically I need a live feed for gox, btc china, bitstamp and btc-e in one mt4 with a lag <5 secs.

If the script you create for BTC China doesn't lag behind BTC China for more then 3-5 secs I will send you a 5$ tip in btc. Not much I know but maybe others interested can pool in too and get this done.
kvm (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:18:54 PM

So basically I need a live feed for gox, btc china, bitstamp and btc-e in one mt4 with a lag <5 secs.

If the script you create for BTC China doesn't lag behind BTC China for more then 3-5 secs I will send you a 5$ tip in btc. Not much I know but maybe others interested can pool in too and get this done.

I'm sorry to say this but with this approach that kind of lag can't be achieved! The main reason is because the script can't be connected all the time using tcp socket to receive realtime tick data!

I'm planning to rewrite it in Java as standalone app, but don't know when I have time to do it!
bit-fxtrader

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:31:49 PM

I'm sorry to say this but with this approach that kind of lag can't be achieved! The main reason is because the script can't be connected all the time using tcp socket to receive realtime tick data!

I'm planning to rewrite it in Java as standalone app, but don't know when I have time to do it!

ah i see. do you know of any trading software that can display btc china charts/feed?
kvm (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:42:24 PM

ah i see. do you know of any trading software that can display btc china charts/feed?

Have no idea!
mcb-kcb

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:08:16 PM

Gox has fallen out of circulation - are new versions for example btc-e?
kvm (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:16:04 PM

Gox has fallen out of circulation - are new versions for example btc-e?

No need for new version! Just change the default value ('mtgoxUSD') of the SymbolName parameter to whatever you choose from this list:

http://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/csv/
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:38:41 AM

With the depth and breadth of liquidity sources available, high-powered algorithmic execution, smart order routing, and free tick-by-tick data.

OCG

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:23:23 PM

Anyone running MT4 with Btc-e on a daily basis?
Sonicafund.com

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 04:33:51 AM

Is there a way to keep all ticks we have in the csv files in MT4 ? This tool and others seem to filter out only M1 data at best means they throw away most of the available tick data. For precise backtesting this is pretty useless for some strategies.
kvm (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:22:35 PM

The import script is now available on the MetaTrader market for free: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/3704
kvm (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:25:36 PM

NEW ticker application is now available on the MetaTrader market for free:

for MetaTrader 4:  https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/11659

for MetaTrader 5:  https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/11660
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: