Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:41:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UN Gun control.... GO!  (Read 3598 times)
wdmw

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 09:51:54 PM

Thus the importance of discerning how each contributes to the economy. Let's try this again. Consider a ban on cars, trucks, buses and knives. What happens?

I don't think anyone is looking at a gun ban based on its effect on the economy.  Gun Ban discussions are usually centered on 'Guns are necessary for safety and protection' vs. 'Banning guns would reduce the gun homicide rate'.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 09:59:16 PM

Thus the importance of discerning how each contributes to the economy. Let's try this again. Consider a ban on cars, trucks, buses and knives. What happens?

I don't think anyone is looking at a gun ban based on its effect on the economy.  Gun Ban discussions are usually centered on 'Guns are necessary for safety and protection' vs. 'Banning guns would reduce the gun homicide rate'.

Yes, but he knows he's lost that debate, so he tries to set up a straw-man argument which thinks he can win.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:25:00 AM

I think anyone who makes the absurd comment "Well then let's ban cars because cars can kill people!" needs to address the questions I asked. If you want to make such statements, then you do need to answer those questions. If not, others still do.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 03:42:48 AM

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:46:13 AM

People have lost the rational debate on this topic. So they try to use fallacies or non sequiturs or emotional arguments instead.

Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:32:13 AM

People have lost the rational debate on this topic. So they try to use fallacies or non sequiturs or emotional arguments instead.

I agree, but perhaps, things need to "come out from within" before they will be "solved from with out"
gapthemind

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:01:52 PM

I have seen those guys in combat and they run from gunfire.

I need to see a video of you actually watching them running from gun fire..... or it didn't happen LOL
haha. I don't have video of it. But tonight I will check to see if can find some of me running away. I did a lot of running away in the Balkans and elsewhere. But in all seriousness, the troops I met there were not eager to fight. Now the Guatemalans, they were batshit-crazy to mix it up. Real warriors (unlike me) run toward the sound of gunfire.    

Remind of something, but didnt US troops fleed Somalia, Lost Viethnam war, well any war that wasnt based on using cruise missile and war fought from few K miles? How many times US invaded Iraq, Afghanistan?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: