Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:39:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233953 times)
dulinxu

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 02:11:00 PM

ok, I am borrowing 1M dollars from my friends to get byteballs,LOL.  How stupid the contribution is.

TERRA - Bring profits to support community, starting from cross-border payment ❘|❘ ICO ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bahamapascal

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 02:14:44 PM

Definitely following byteball. And I like the distribution Idea very much actually, will be an interesting experiment.
Only thing that could go wrong is that if to few people join that some bad exchanges (like Yobit) use customer funds and become whales doing so.
manrus
Legendary

Activity: 1334
Merit: 1004

TTM

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 02:16:48 PM

ok, I am borrowing 1M dollars from my friends to get byteballs,LOL.  How stupid the contribution is.

Why your friends borrow you if they can direct invest in the byteball? Cheesy
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 02:25:58 PM

Definitely following byteball. And I like the distribution Idea very much actually, will be an interesting experiment.
Only thing that could go wrong is that if to few people join that some bad exchanges (like Yobit) use customer funds and become whales doing so.

Your concerns about exchanges becoming whales are valid but if a lot of people will participate in the distribution, the importance of such whales will be diluted.
So we must keep on informing about Byteball and it's initial distribution to avoid such problems!

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 02:30:01 PM

Surely they will. And other things will go wrong too. But, byteball token is not the main value of this project. I don't care about distribution too much as long as bytes stay cheap as dirt in the future, such that transactions are very cheap. Custom private tokens is what will bring users to this project.

CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 03:30:01 PM

French thread created here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1618787.msg16269358#msg16269358

If someone want to translate the english ANN into French i will edit the op.

Very good, Seccour!

Guys, we need more translations of the ANN!

• English
  • German
  • Russian
  • Portuguese
  • French
  • Italian
  • Spanish
  • Dutch
  • Chinese (mandarin)
  • Chinese (cantonese)
  • Japanese

Please tell me if I have forgotten an important language.

Are there any dutch mates here? IMO most of the dutch don't have problems reading english (or maybe german), so is a translation to dutch really needed?

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:38:26 PM

Then those that got in with the early bird advantage on bitcoin are now entitled to get the lions share of every new coin release?How can that possibly be fair?

Oh poor little crypto-anarchist. The world is unfair. What are you gonna do ?
Create a crypto government to tax the rich bitcoin holders and redistribute to the shitcoins holders ?

Well perhaps because they are the largest POW coins ?? that were fairly mined?

Fairly mined omg. Please stop, I'm gonna die laughing.
At least we're having a good laugh.

Just get some bitcoins guys, you will get bitcoins and byteballs. After the distribution you'll be free to spend your bitcoins on any crap you want.

yeah, the only issue i have with the distribution method is actually privacy. if you dont care about your privacy the dev will afterwards have the exact BTC-numbes of every participant.
durerus

Activity: 321
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:41:37 PM

yeah, the only issue i have with the distribution method is actually privacy. if you dont care about your privacy the dev will afterwards have the exact BTC-numbes of every participant.
Well, Bitcoin addresses are pseudonymous. And: Some participants will register only some of their bitcoins, for example if they are too lazy or too frightened to kill offline wallets.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:47:08 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2016, 05:58:38 PM by cryptohunter

Then those that got in with the early bird advantage on bitcoin are now entitled to get the lions share of every new coin release?How can that possibly be fair?

Create a crypto government to tax the rich bitcoin holders and redistribute to the shitcoins holders ?

Just get some bitcoins guys, you will get bitcoins and byteballs. After the distribution you'll be free to spend your bitcoins on any crap you want.

Your laughter is unfounded and means little to the facts that I have presented. Why focus on the FAIRLY MINED part of doge and LTC are you saying BTC was more FAIRLY mined than those?

This simply is not a fair way to initially distribute new tokens. It is simply a case of giving the already rich more than everyone else.

There has to be a fairer solution.

If the byteball team go ahead as planned they will find their coin will come under a lot of criticism once people see it for what it really is. I am simply trying to help them see this. I have enough BTC that I will benefit fine from their current plan but it is simply not fair and will be critically reviewed by real ALT fans that keep the majority of their crypto wealth in ALTS.

I suspect many ALT coin fans will not approve of BTC whale further enrichment. There is a reason clams chose the 3 largest POW coins because many many more people were given clams than if just BTC owners got some. I would estimate 70% of this board don't even have 5 BTC whilst other here (small small minority ) have 1000's if not 10's of thosands of BTC.

If you conduct a poll on the main ALT board I am certain you will find many will share this view.

This is an ALT coin. How about giving those in the ALT coin community a fair(er) chance to get involved.

The top 5-10 wallets of each coin can be ignored since they are exchanges and super whales that need no further enrichment. Else exchanges are required to distribute to the coin holders.

dannyman

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:53:03 PM

There will be a terrible dumping on the first day of trading GUARANTEED.....then who knows.

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:09:09 PM

Sounds a bit like Cryptkeeper wants to keep all the crypto for himself.

You can't possibly be serious with that but on the other hand I see no smiley after the sentence!
How can it be that I want to hide Byteball from the world if I tweet nearly daily about it to my 3000 followers on twitter. And what am I doing here in this thread, talking to myself?

In my book you've qualified as a troll.  Roll Eyes
The first troll in Byteball, we must be honoured because every decent crypto project has some trolls.
 Cheesy  Cheesy Cheesy

Like all good scams its got a dedicated cheerleader. Plus its got a developer who couldn't possibly move the dates a month or two.ie bullshit cause he knows too many people will apply. I will laugh if people who link their bitcoin accounts some how get hacked. THATS WOULD BE BEAUTIFUL. Personally I'm out byeeeeeeee.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:30:11 PM

Sounds a bit like Cryptkeeper wants to keep all the crypto for himself.

You can't possibly be serious with that but on the other hand I see no smiley after the sentence!
How can it be that I want to hide Byteball from the world if I tweet nearly daily about it to my 3000 followers on twitter. And what am I doing here in this thread, talking to myself?

In my book you've qualified as a troll.  Roll Eyes
The first troll in Byteball, we must be honoured because every decent crypto project has some trolls.
 Cheesy  Cheesy Cheesy

Like all good scams its got a dedicated cheerleader. Plus its got a developer who couldn't possibly move the dates a month or two.ie bullshit cause he knows too many people will apply. I will laugh if people who link their bitcoin accounts some how get hacked. THATS WOULD BE BEAUTIFUL. Personally I'm out byeeeeeeee.

No, don't go! We need our troll! Wink

dulinxu

Activity: 358

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:29:37 AM

Why your friends borrow you if they can direct invest in the byteball? Cheesy

some friends who haven't believed crypto

TERRA - Bring profits to support community, starting from cross-border payment ❘|❘ ICO ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:53:19 AM

Your laughter is unfounded and means little to the facts that I have presented. Why focus on the FAIRLY MINED part of doge and LTC are you saying BTC was more FAIRLY mined than those?

This simply is not a fair way to initially distribute new tokens. It is simply a case of giving the already rich more than everyone else.

If the byteball team go ahead as planned they will find their coin will come under a lot of criticism once people see it for what it really is. I am simply trying to help them see this. I have enough BTC that I will benefit fine from their current plan but it is simply not fair and will be critically reviewed by real ALT fans that keep the majority of their crypto wealth in ALTS.

I suspect many ALT coin fans will not approve of BTC whale further enrichment. There is a reason clams chose the 3 largest POW coins because many many more people were given clams than if just BTC owners got some. I would estimate 70% of this board don't even have 5 BTC whilst other here (small small minority ) have 1000's if not 10's of thosands of BTC.

If you conduct a poll on the main ALT board I am certain you will find many will share this view.

This is an ALT coin. How about giving those in the ALT coin community a fair(er) chance to get involved.

The top 5-10 wallets of each coin can be ignored since they are exchanges and super whales that need no further enrichment. Else exchanges are required to distribute to the coin holders.

Your criticism is that this leaves out a lot of other cryptos leading to less distribution.
You also base this on leaving the project open to "unfairness".

However, this holds no water: like it or not, at this moment, BTC is still the de facto coin of choice for payments and exchanges, and it's easy for anyone to move there from any platform.

Arbitrarily choosing (which it would be, however you want to slice it) several other platforms to be included by default most definitely would lead to cries of unfairness, if not a barrage of "Add coin X" messages in the issuers Inbox Smiley. He'd furthermore would have to deal with oodles of fanboys of any of the platforms that were left out of the default scenario. As we all know, that amount of FUD would also damage the project from the get go.

BTC is available to all who wish to participate and can be considered "neutral" on the Fairometer(TM). It may not be perfect, but at least it's widely available and open to anyone to acquire.

On a side-note, I've always found the obsession with fairness in crypto rather weird. Surely it's security that should be paramount? What is fair about people acquiring a coin (even if the distribution is "fair") and then to be conned into dumping them via a coordinated FUD machine? It happens a lot, you know, even to projects that tried their utmost to do the distribution right.

Fairness is extremely subjective in any case, and frequently can be paraphrased with  "I didn't take the chance where I had it and now I want to bully you into changing the rules in my favour!"

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
galaxiekyl
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1113

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 02:33:41 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2016, 02:54:10 AM by galaxiekyl

wtf ! your problems !? how many coins ipo that flying fish are investing without warranty of value..i must enumérate them..wave..rise..dao..and other fucking hyip than stupid coiner thinks become rich with these scam, they are same named it "surf on hyip"  Cheesy damn !! madof is in jail for all life for that..i can understand bagholder alts..but dont come spit on some thing free and potentially profitable..maybe you can be poor and refugee in alts but doesn't be stupid pls !
lovely89

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 02:57:20 AM

Go home to your mummy. You're not ready for the real world.

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 06:14:43 AM

Translations of the Byteball [ANN]:

German: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1618037.0
Russian: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1620276.0
Portuguese: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1621206.0

@tonych: you may add this to the footer of the OP.

tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 07:56:48 AM

Translations of the Byteball [ANN]:

German: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1618037.0
Russian: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1620276.0
Portuguese: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1621206.0

@tonych: you may add this to the footer of the OP.

Good idea.  Added.

Simplicity is beauty
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 10:30:55 AM

Are there any dutch mates here? IMO most of the dutch don't have problems reading english (or maybe german), so is a translation to dutch really needed?

I have to find the time to do the dutch translation, but yeah dutchies read English quite well.
Also I was thinking: @ Tonych, maybe you should keep let's say 5% to 10% of the total amount, it will give you a big incentive to keep working on the project, fund development, attract new devs etc.
Imo, it is good that founders/ developers have a big stake in their company.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 10:45:40 AM

You don't get it.
BYTEBALL is not about reducing the gap between the rich and the poor.
Those tokens are virtual, this is not money.
This is not about helping people.
Fairness should not even been discussed.

You cannot expect and guarantee that those tokens will have any value at all. So using all your time and energy into imagining a fair distribution utopia will always result in a huge failure.

BYTEBALL is only an experiment between grown up responsible adult passionate about tech. No one is forced to participate. No money is even asked.
We have no guarantee that it will work, no guarantee that it will be used, no guarantee that it will be worth anything.

For all those reasons, a token distribution that doesn't ask for any money, that is clear and simple to understand is a great distribution.

People that promise fairness in this world are all scammers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: