Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:32:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233943 times)
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 07:47:40 PM

About participation of exchanges in the distribution.

It is not the first time that people raise valid concerns about exchanges using their customers funds to get a large chunk of bytes, for themselves.  A few people offer to cap the amount on one bitcoin address but immediately admit that it is easily subverted by splitting the balance across multiple addresses, in other words, it doesn't work.

I see two solutions that work, both are something that I cannot do alone, and the community help is of utmost importance.

1.  Dilute the share of exchanges by bringing more people on board.  Fortunately, all individuals combined still hold much more bitcoins than the exchanges, hence this is achievable.

2.  Approach the biggest exchanges and ask them to give bytes straight to customers, as Jabbawa suggested above.  I'm going to do it but this will only work if there are enough customers who ask them about that.  If you are a customer, you can help.

(To avoid derailing this conversation into endless discussions about inequality, this post is about exchanges using funds that do not belong to them, not about whales using the BTC that they own)

After address linking phase is done, you could publish a list of participating addresses somewhere, and let community to investigate whale addresses. If somebody finds out that any of them belongs to exchange, or is suspicious, just ban it.

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jabbawa

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 10:55:59 PM

Done a coin request on polo and mentioned the distribution... and customer expectations being set by eth classic. We'll all have to move our btc temporarily off their exchange if they won't do it, no one wants that Wink.

Seems like this would be a great solution if it works... more distribution and exposure as well as addressing the exchange's big wallets. A lot of people will need to request this stuff though, polo and other big exchanges won't budge for a few requests, it'll take a lot imo. :/
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 05:55:27 AM

Done a coin request on polo and mentioned the distribution... and customer expectations being set by eth classic. We'll all have to move our btc temporarily off their exchange if they won't do it, no one wants that Wink.

Seems like this would be a great solution if it works... more distribution and exposure as well as addressing the exchange's big wallets. A lot of people will need to request this stuff though, polo and other big exchanges won't budge for a few requests, it'll take a lot imo. :/

Good idea, Jabbawa! Thumbs up for this.
I will file a request now as well!

BTW their coin request page is here: https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
xizmax

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 11:06:36 AM

Good idea, Jabbawa! Thumbs up for this.
I will file a request now as well!

BTW their coin request page is here: https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

CryptKeeper, mate, you got Ardor in your sig. Poloniex already agreed to distribute Ardor to all their users holding NXT exactly the way it will be distributed "in the wild". It shows their willingness to participate in such distribution schemes. ETC is another example as already mentioned.

Will they need a kick in the butt to do it for BYTEBALL, I believe so. After all, BYTEBALL is not NXT. Yet Smiley

Still, Poloniex is a business and if they assess that the effort required to do this for BYTEBALL will be offset by the gains they will get from trading it, they will assist.

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 11:21:34 AM

Fuders everywhere.

Let other projects and go back to your loved coin

tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 02:00:30 PM

You can now buy pizza for bytes (or rather testpizza for testbytes):

To try it yourself, visit https://byteball.org and click the link to buy pizza.

Unlike most other altcoins, which found their use only in trading, Byteball is designed for commerce.  Payment and communication are tightly integrated, and you can use the built-in encrypted chat to buy stuff by chatting with a chatbot.  Simple purchases, like the one in this demo, take literally a few clicks.

Chatbots are also easy to write.  If you plan to sell something after Byteball launches, get ready for the launch by setting up your own chatbot.  This is the source code of this demo to start with: https://github.com/byteball/byteball-merchant.

Please retweet: https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg/status/778957804610711552

Simplicity is beauty
ever_3x

Activity: 909
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:05:43 PM

good news Dev  Smiley
CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:12:25 PM

The merchant demo is so cool, I love it!  Grin

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:17:08 PM

I've found a bug in the merchant demo:

on the payment send dialog, the currencies drop-down list is still enabled, so you can switch to Blackbytes before payment.

tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 02:23:21 PM

on the payment send dialog, the currencies drop-down list is still enabled, so you can switch to Blackbytes before payment.

Correct.  If you pay in another currency, the payment won't be recognized.

Simplicity is beauty
CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:26:44 PM

Correct.  If you pay in another currency, the payment won't be recognized.

I see 7 text bubbles with the error "Received incorect amount from you: expected 11000 bytes, received 5000 bytes. The payment is ignored.", this could be improved.

gembira

Activity: 1610
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:30:25 PM

Unlike most other altcoins, which found their use only in trading, Byteball is designed for commerce.  Payment and communication are tightly integrated, and you can use the built-in encrypted chat to buy stuff by chatting with a chatbot.  Simple purchases, like the one in this demo, take literally a few clicks.

Chatbots are also easy to write.  If you plan to sell something after Byteball launches, get ready for the launch by setting up your own chatbot.  This is the source code of this demo to start with: https://github.com/byteball/byteball-merchant.

nice https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg/status/778957804610711552 retweeted  Cool
like merchant  Wink
penniless1

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:50:15 PM

Is there a Byteball slack?  When I completely bork my installation or do something really odd between my Android phone, Linus desktop and Windows laptop, I'd rather not clutter up the thread.
syahril

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Bountie- Do You Have Game?

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:58:51 PM

how i can buy pizza but i not recieve coin byteball

penniless1

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 03:02:03 PM

If you go to byteball.org there is a link to a faucet for the testcoins
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 03:11:05 PM

Is there a Byteball slack?  When I completely bork my installation or do something really odd between my Android phone, Linus desktop and Windows laptop, I'd rather not clutter up the thread.

We are focusing all communication around this thread at this time.
If you have problems with the wallet, PM or email me.

Simplicity is beauty
Krypt
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1088

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 06:26:08 PM

You can now buy pizza for bytes ...
Thank you! Translated here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1620276.msg16332378#msg16332378

One question: does your merchant bot allow purchases not only for bytes, but also for user-defined tokens, say byteUSD ?
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 06:48:51 PM

You can now buy pizza for bytes ...
Thank you! Translated here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1620276.msg16332378#msg16332378

One question: does your merchant bot allow purchases not only for bytes, but also for user-defined tokens, say byteUSD ?

Thank you Krypt, you are doing very good job supporting the Russian thread!

This demo accepts only bytes, but it is very easy to modify it to accept any user defined asset.  You need to add the asset ID parameter to the payment request at https://github.com/byteball/byteball-merchant/blob/master/merchant.js#L204:

byteball:ADDRESS?amount=10000&asset=AssetIDinBase64

Simplicity is beauty
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 07:20:40 PM

About participation of exchanges in the distribution.

It is not the first time that people raise valid concerns about exchanges using their customers funds to get a large chunk of bytes, for themselves.  A few people offer to cap the amount on one bitcoin address but immediately admit that it is easily subverted by splitting the balance across multiple addresses, in other words, it doesn't work.

I see two solutions that work, both are something that I cannot do alone, and the community help is of utmost importance.

1.  Dilute the share of exchanges by bringing more people on board.  Fortunately, all individuals combined still hold much more bitcoins than the exchanges, hence this is achievable.

2.  Approach the biggest exchanges and ask them to give bytes straight to customers, as Jabbawa suggested above.  I'm going to do it but this will only work if there are enough customers who ask them about that.  If you are a customer, you can help.

(To avoid derailing this conversation into endless discussions about inequality, this post is about exchanges using funds that do not belong to them, not about whales using the BTC that they own)

I think capping the BTC wallet to 50 would be a good idea. Exchanges won't bother breaking it down that small hopefully and neither will super whales.
90% + of this board has less that 50 BTC.

Immense pressure should be placed upon all big exchanges to give byteball to the rightful owners/holders of BTC on their sites.

Can I ask you directly why you did not just follow clams and use the largest 3 POW coins to distribute if you want even more people involved with the project?

amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 07:24:41 PM

Wow, nice screenshot and demo of pizza merchant. May be story of buying a pizza with 10,000 bytes will be like the story of buying pizza with lots of bitcoin in early days.  Grin
Good job going on, keep up.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: