Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:44:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233953 times)
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2016, 10:15:35 PM

I found the bug and it will be fixed in the next release.
If you turned password protection on and created any new wallets _after_ that, these wallets are broken because of the bug.
You'll have to delete any such wallets on all devices.

It was a serious bug and you deserve a bounty for helping to discover it.  Please PM me you bitcoin address Smiley

ok but i will lost all my bytes test if i remove all wallet..so i can save my bytes or not ?

i pm yu  i no want reward i'm happy to help yu..just dont forget me for andro byte reward  Grin
Unfortunately you can't spend testbytes from these wallets.  Not a big reason to be upset because it is only testbytes.
I appreciate your help very much!  Nevertheless feel free to change your mind.

Simplicity is beauty

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
galaxiekyl
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1113

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 12:12:47 AM

If you turned password protection on and created any new wallets _after_ that, these wallets are broken because of the bug.

It was a serious bug and you deserve a bounty for helping to discover it.  Please PM me you bitcoin address Smiley

ok but i will lost all my bytes test if i remove all wallet..so i can save my bytes or not ?

i pm yu  i no want reward i'm happy to help yu..just dont forget me for andro byte reward  Grin
Unfortunately you can't spend testbytes from these wallets.  Not a big reason to be upset because it is only testbytes.
I appreciate your help very much!  Nevertheless feel free to change your mind.

ok..i wait corrected version..plan you to allow access to the private keys to official wallet ?

i like cats if yu have one..buy him a present for chrismace if it is wise Wink
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 12:33:23 AM

i pm yu  i no want reward i'm happy to help yu..just dont forget me for andro byte reward  Grin
Unfortunately you can't spend testbytes from these wallets.  Not a big reason to be upset because it is only testbytes.

ok..i wait corrected version..plan you to allow access to the private keys to official wallet ?

i like cats if yu have one..buy him a present for chrismace if it is wise Wink

To be clear, the upgrade won't fix the wallets that are already broken.
What do you mean by "allow access to the private keys to official wallet"?

Simplicity is beauty
galaxiekyl
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 08:42:26 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2016, 08:54:33 AM by galaxiekyl

i like cats if yu have one..buy him a present for chrismace if it is wise Wink

To be clear, the upgrade won't fix the wallets that are already broken.

It is impossible to export private key in testnet..we can just import key..if wallet crash how can us restor it ?..privat key is an security allowing export fonds..so plan yu to allow this fonctionality in official wallet.
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 09:33:59 AM

It is impossible to export private key in testnet..we can just import key..if wallet crash how can us restor it ?..privat key is an security allowing export fonds..so plan yu to allow this fonctionality in official wallet.

Unlike Bitcoin, private key in Byteball is not enough to restore access to funds.  Hence, to avoid giving false sense of security, I removed the export function.

Simplicity is beauty
lerecidiviste

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 10:41:10 AM

Unlike Bitcoin, private key in Byteball is not enough to restore access to funds.  Hence, to avoid giving false sense of security, I removed the export function.

happy friday to all frds

tonych can u explain what is the recovery easy system will be for final official wallet ..

need easy 1-2-3 steps to acces byteballs and send them ...

thanks n gd day
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 11:07:19 AM

happy friday to all frds

tonych can u explain what is the recovery easy system will be for final official wallet ..

Two options:
1. (crazy) back up the app's data folder (e.g. on windows C:\users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Byteball test).  You'll have to do that every time you send or receive blackbytes or any other private asset.
2. (practical) set up a multisig wallet with redundancy on two or more devices.  E.g. 1-of-2 on desktop+smartphone.  If one of the devices fails, you still can spend the funds from the other device.

Simplicity is beauty
lerecidiviste

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 03:35:49 PM

happy friday to all frds

Two options:
1. (crazy) back up the app's data folder (e.g. on windows C:\users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Byteball test).  You'll have to do that every time you send or receive blackbytes or any other private asset.

Grin
2. (practical) set up a multisig wallet with redundancy on two or more devices.  E.g. 1-of-2 on desktop+smartphone.  If one of the devices fails, you still can spend the funds from the other device.
 Grin

thanks testing this solution now

Cool
galaxiekyl
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 07:38:04 PM

happy friday to all frds

Two options:

Grin
 Grin

thanks testing this solution now

Cool

i suggest to you first soluce..my multisig wallet has crash and i cant recover my founds now  Wink
cryptor0th

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 08:17:59 PM

happy friday to all frds

Two options:

I know this is not secure - but how about a real time back-up solution like owncloud/dropbox for this?
mamichula

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 08:30:13 PM

I downloaded the wallet. How do I get test coins?
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 10:55:12 PM

happy friday to all frds

Two options:

I know this is not secure - but how about a real time back-up solution like owncloud/dropbox for this?

It's possible, if you feel comfortable about dropbox being able to see your private keys.

Simplicity is beauty
youmakemelaugh

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:29:25 AM

little lost, can someone explain, please?
so if on the first distribution i link a wallet with 10 btc and get equal 10btc in byteball
, and by the second distribution i've spent from the wallet say 5btc,
how much will i get on the second distribution? 5btc+10btc(byteball from the first one) multiplied by X ?
or i'm getting none if the bitcoin amount is less then on the first distribution?
connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 06:18:00 AM

happy friday to all frds

Two options:

It's possible, if you feel comfortable about dropbox being able to see your private keys.

The problem is it's not safe to store your private keys in the cloud, it was confirmed hackers were able to stole millions of user passwords on dropbox previously.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 06:58:10 AM

I downloaded the wallet. How do I get test coins?

After you've installed the wallet, you can go to https://byteball.org and click the link under the download icons. This will connect your wallet to the faucet bot. You can enter your address into the chat (there's a button below for this) and you will receive free Bytes!  Smiley

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 08:23:36 AM

little lost, can someone explain, please?
so if on the first distribution i link a wallet with 10 btc and get equal 10btc in byteball
, and by the second distribution i've spent from the wallet say 5btc,
how much will i get on the second distribution? 5btc+10btc(byteball from the first one) multiplied by X ?
or i'm getting none if the bitcoin amount is less then on the first distribution?

The bolded part is correct.

Simplicity is beauty
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 03:36:49 PM

@tonych, do you expect exchange listings of Byteball during the distribution phase?
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 07:43:18 PM

@tonych, do you expect exchange listings of Byteball during the distribution phase?

We are working to that end.

Simplicity is beauty
youmakemelaugh

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 09:08:36 PM

tonych
thx, and one more question.
if i link my bitcoin address for example on the 10th of December with 10 btc, and spend 3 btc untill 25th of December,
then i'm getting 7 btc of Byteballs ?
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 09:18:50 PM

tonych
thx, and one more question.
if i link my bitcoin address for example on the 10th of December with 10 btc, and spend 3 btc untill 25th of December,
then i'm getting 7 btc of Byteballs ?

Yes, but remember to move the 7 btc back to your linked address (most wallets throw the change onto a fresh newly generated address)

Simplicity is beauty
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: