Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:43:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233948 times)
journeym@n

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 05:15:41 PM

I hope someone puts up a countdown meter please for mining phase. Thx

There you go: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=211&iso=20161224T235959&year=2016&month=12&day=24&hour=23&min=59&sec=59&msg=Countdown%20to%20ByteBall%20phase%201&csz=1

Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2016, 05:24:20 PM

You can check http://icocountdown.com for the countdown to release Smiley

wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 05:35:39 PM

great work hermesesus

what about a tutorial for Ledger Wallet (HW.1, Nano), anyone?

Unfortunately, it is not possible yet to sign a message with a Ledger Wallet and its Chrome app
The "sign a message" feature is in development (roadmap: https://trello.com/c/xMK8hj9r)

It's possible since you can use your Ledger Nano - (or Nano S) with Electrum.

I've made a tutorial for Ledger Nano S with Electrum
Please send me your feedback

Tutorial: linking Ledger wallet Nano S to Byteball account via signing a message with Electrum
BTC: 1PCFYMwCb4F2M2zezY1gAooKHTTtrvX1e2
Thank you hermesesus
great work
will try it later

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
viziano

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 06:20:28 PM

The idea is there and its pretty well executed.
Look good.

Will be downloading the TN right now and play a little bit.

...........  FREE DISTRIBUTION TO BTC HOLDERS                                 NEW CONSENSUS ALGORITHM
● Byteball ●.   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
..........  REGULATORY COMPLIANT ASSETS                                       UNTRACEABLE PAYMENTS
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 06:33:37 PM

I insist.  The whole thing is meant to replace a crowdfund.  tonych NOT taking your BTC was/is supposed to be a good thing (for Christ's sake).  The overall required valuation of the project to make the dev happy with this decision is peanuts and easily achievable.  Thus, highly likely to be deemed a success.  No one said that Byteball will be launching on the Moon.  Whether Cryptoland will take it there (or not) remains to be seen.  Whales can't do shit to prevent such outcome long-term (if anything, they usually provide the last push), although space shuttle solid rocket boosters are no joke.

I think you underestimate the whales power and determination not to mention greed. I've seen them wait years to make moves happen while outwaiting everyone except the very few who held through it all. You cant base your investment on what you hope whales will do anyway because doing that will lead to only one place. Your pocket. And that's where it hurts the most.

Yes, it's not about "fairness" when 7 accounts control 60% as of Dec 11th...
It's the fact that the EE whales we are talking about got rich by stripping and ditching dozens of previous projects.

So Tony is just a front for these guys, OK...
Not saying one cannot make money here, even lots of it. Back up the truck, man.
valley365

Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 07:05:27 PM

I am generally with you on fairness issue. One measure of civilization is how fair and reasonable it is.
But your sentiment here is propelled by the same greed that drives all of us including whales.
If you recognize that, you will cease hiding behind elaborate "reasoning" supposedly for universal fairness.

Better world is possible but a knot to untie that world is way bellow sky planes of currency.

Interesting but incorrect in this particular case.

I have worked out that I would probably capture less BB if it went fair launch POW than I would by linking my BTC addresses.

I also do not find my reasoning to be elaborate in this instance. It is there is black and white for anyone to examine.

Sometimes common sense is enough. In this case rewarding the wealthiest with the most and giving the poorest the least is enough. It is just the start in this case there are many levels upon which this fails compared to POW and even ICO.

"fair launch POW" will not be fair at all, it favors people with more hash power thus those with more BTCs (they can buy hash power at places like nicehash). ICOs even worse, it put priority to those who have more BTCs and satisfy first the greedy of the dev, instead of encouraging dev to do a better work. And many garbage coins and promises on the papaer are created this way.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 07:53:18 PM

I am generally with you on fairness issue. One measure of civilization is how fair and reasonable it is.
But your sentiment here is propelled by the same greed that drives all of us including whales.
If you recognize that, you will cease hiding behind elaborate "reasoning" supposedly for universal fairness.

Better world is possible but a knot to untie that world is way bellow sky planes of currency.

Interesting but incorrect in this particular case.

I have worked out that I would probably capture less BB if it went fair launch POW than I would by linking my BTC addresses.

I also do not find my reasoning to be elaborate in this instance. It is there is black and white for anyone to examine.

Sometimes common sense is enough. In this case rewarding the wealthiest with the most and giving the poorest the least is enough. It is just the start in this case there are many levels upon which this fails compared to POW and even ICO.

"fair launch POW" will not be fair at all, it favors people with more hash power thus those with more BTCs (they can buy hash power at places like nicehash). ICOs even worse, it put priority to those who have more BTCs and satisfy first the greedy of the dev, instead of encouraging dev to do a better work. And many garbage coins and promises on the papaer are created this way.

Fair launch POW favours nobody at all. You all have to contribute the same effort to mine. The only real variable is cost of electricity and over a short mining period that does not mean much.  

Of course if you have more money you can rent more hash? but you are actually being charged the same as anyone else. You are actually spending money you are not getting coins for free however rich you are. This method is giving you a LOT more FREE coins just because you are rich and have more BTC you do not have to spend your BTC to get it. So you are getting hugely unfair advantage at no cost or risk at all.

POW also will encourage the dev to work much harder because he can have 20% of the coin imagine that. However it must only be released to him for milestones over years and continued support.

There are NO downsides of POW against this Whales become Whales forever at no extra cost method.

This method suggested here was suggested in 2013 and was shouted down and crushed as it should be because BTC whales just end up owning everything forever in the crypto sphere.

POW with fair launch protocol and the measures I have mentioned in place is perhaps a fairness level 9 compared to a fairness level 2 for this method. The only thing more unfair is tonych just giving it to the very richest BTC owner and none for anyone else.

If this one slips through with this distributional method you can be sure there will be others to follow.

Please review all of my posts and think about it all. Then again form a solid argument of why you believe we should give BTC whales whale shares for free in new alt coins whilst giving the poorest crypto peasants the least.

There is essential no way to scam a POW launch with fair launch protocols in place. It is impossible. The devs share will be what is agreed and everyone else will battle on a fair playing field.

I have a new plan that could perhaps work.

How about we distribute 25% by linking BTC wallets. Then POW the remaining 75%. Then whales will still have some interest but not total monopoly to manipulate and pump and dump the markets.

POW will save this from so many ill fates it is setting itself up for.

Let's hope some people will see how this is not going to work out well and try to persuade tony to change or even modify this distributional model.

freezal

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 09:20:47 PM

Hi tonych,
After this 25th snapshot, byteball and blackbytes will be distributed as per the rules you announced.
Byteball will be send to linked byteball addresses that reside on "byteball public DAG", I can understand this is completely asynchronous process..
What I cannot understand is about blackbytes distribution:
1) Is it an automatic or interactive process (need human intervention)?
2) Will byteball client with the linked keys on peoples computers need to be left running to receive these coins?
Thanks again.
strasboug

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 09:28:11 PM

Fair launch POW favours nobody at all. You all have to contribute the same effort to mine. The only real variable is cost of electricity and over a short mining period that does not mean much.  

Of course if you have more money you can rent more hash? but you are actually being charged the same as anyone else. You are actually spending money you are not getting coins for free however rich you are. This method is giving you a LOT more FREE coins just because you are rich and have more BTC you do not have to spend your BTC to get it. So you are getting hugely unfair advantage at no cost or risk at all.

Of course PoW favors big guys with hash power. Just look at other coins for PoW, who got the most of the coins? Go to a pool and look, big guys got it all. For a small guy like me, I'd prefer what Tony defined for distribution. The distribution is not once for all, but several distribution and also count the BBs you have. So it is fair.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 09:40:30 PM

Of course PoW favors big guys with hash power. Just look at other coins for PoW, who got the most of the coins? Go to a pool and look, big guys got it all. For a small guy like me, I'd prefer what Tony defined for distribution. The distribution is not once for all, but several distribution and also count the BBs you have. So it is fair.

Come on ....of course the more hash power you have the more coins you will mine. That's not at all what I am saying is it?

Rich guy wants to rent hash he has to pay the same as you to rent hash.

Rich guy wants BB he gets magnitude more than you will for putting the same effort in of linking his BTC whale account.

Can you see here that BB is less fair than POW?

I can't reverse time and circumstances that made him rich and you poor can I? Life maybe was not fair but in crypto you can make things a little more fair for the poor (non BTC whales)

I am saying to you that this method will ensure that he (rich guy) will put the same effort and cost as you into BB and get magnitudes more coins. Where as if it was POW to get 2x more coins than you he will have to spend 2x more? If he spends the same as you he will get the same.

Yes there will be argument he owns his farm and you are renting hash - so what he had to buy the hardware. FYI I have a tiny amount of rigs in my house and will get far less mining than I will by linking my BTC accounts.

Also lots of hash whales tend to rent hash now on launches. Most GPU huge farms stick to high volume coins to unload and pay electricity and hardware loans anyway.

strasboug

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 10:08:02 PM

Come on ....of course the more hash power you have the more coins you will mine. That's not at all what I am saying is it?

Rich guy wants BB he gets magnitude more than you will for putting the same effort in of linking his BTC whale account.

I can't reverse time and circumstances that made him rich and you poor can I? Life maybe was not fair but in crypto you can make things a little more fair for the poor (non BTC whales)

I am saying to you that this method will ensure that he (rich guy) will put the same effort and cost as you into BB and get magnitudes more coins. Where as if it was POW to get 2x more coins than you he will have to spend 2x more? If he spends the same as you he will get the same.

Yes there will be argument he owns his farm and you are renting hash - so what he had to buy the hardware. FYI I have a tiny amount of rigs in my house and will get far less mining than I will by linking my BTC accounts.

Also lots of hash whales tend to rent hash now on launches. Most GPU huge farms stick to high volume coins to unload and pay electricity and hardware loans anyway.

Well you are right about the rich guy need to spend btc to buy hash power, but if it is a profitable operation (like for example when zcash was launched), isn't rich guys will get a lot more profits than the poor guys? so what's the diff between the distribution proposed here? It's the same as the example of bank interest someone gave before.
Seccour
Legendary

Activity: 1619
Merit: 1004

Bitcoiner, Crypto-anarchist and Cypherpunk.

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 10:12:07 PM

Please stop with your PoW. You want to move from a distribution model where anyone can gets byteball for free to one where you have to either mine yourself or rent hashpower. Who the hell do you think will rent hashpower ? People with a lot money because people with a tiny amount are not going to risk it.

The current distribution method is more fair than PoW because :
You don't risk your money : in PoW you have to either mine yourself - so you pay hardware and electricity or rent it, so both case you pay
Anyone can join easily : two methods to link your BTC address and there is lot of tutorials - not the case for PoW, it's not that easy to mine even with tutorials for a guy lambda
Easy to put handle for the creator : creating a PoW coin just to make an initial distribution, then make a snapshot, then distribute the real coins is to much work for nothing.

galaxiekyl
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1113

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 10:26:02 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2016, 10:51:17 PM by galaxiekyl

the problem isn't that icounter..exchange..take an part of bb..same if it is conséquent. they be guided by avarice this disturbs me already more..i think for ICO or EXCHANGE..bb dev must control than the investors in ICO or EXCHANGE will profit of bbs (more users like @tonych was hoping) because this may prejudice the project from a moral point of view.. i think so if komodo dev or exchange want big part of bbs they must do with their own funds to legit their claiming.

because this is the model of bankster actually..wich use client account for play on markets..i dont understand why some peoples here take so much to defend them  if they are not of one those..i think than all peoples here want the best for bb project so do the best for bbs not for flatter the ego of some.
dfox101

Activity: 551

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 11:56:09 PM

Please stop with your PoW. You want to move from a distribution model where anyone can gets byteball for free to one where you have to either mine yourself or rent hashpower. Who the hell do you think will rent hashpower ? People with a lot money because people with a tiny amount are not going to risk it.

The current distribution method is more fair than PoW because :
You don't risk your money : in PoW you have to either mine yourself - so you pay hardware and electricity or rent it, so both case you pay
Anyone can join easily : two methods to link your BTC address and there is lot of tutorials - not the case for PoW, it's not that easy to mine even with tutorials for a guy lambda
Easy to put handle for the creator : creating a PoW coin just to make an initial distribution, then make a snapshot, then distribute the real coins is to much work for nothing.

Agree. I feel the current distribution is very fair, and I am gratitude that dev did not do an ICO or CFC and distribute coins for free. This increases the credibility of the dev team and is certainly recommended.
zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 12:19:34 AM

The distribution model has become such a distraction it dominates the community conversation, should be speaking more about the merits of the technology and platform.
dfox101

Activity: 551

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 01:09:18 AM

The distribution model has become such a distraction it dominates the community conversation, should be speaking more about the merits of the technology and platform.

Yes all people are greedy and wish to get more, in a more "fair" deal to himself.

Talking about tech stuff, I have a question: since there's no fixed block time, the tx happens as it comes, isn't that should be instant confirmation if there are enough activity going on? What is the delay of the confirmation? it heavily depend on the network activity?
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 01:11:00 AM

Hi tonych,
After this 25th snapshot, byteball and blackbytes will be distributed as per the rules you announced.
Byteball will be send to linked byteball addresses that reside on "byteball public DAG", I can understand this is completely asynchronous process..
What I cannot understand is about blackbytes distribution:
1) Is it an automatic or interactive process (need human intervention)?
2) Will byteball client with the linked keys on peoples computers need to be left running to receive these coins?
Thanks again.

1) It is automatic.
2) Not necessary, you'll see both bytes and blackbytes as soon as you start the wallet after the coins are sent out.

Simplicity is beauty
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 01:14:36 AM

Yes all people are greedy and wish to get more, in a more "fair" deal to himself.

Talking about tech stuff, I have a question: since there's no fixed block time, the tx happens as it comes, isn't that should be instant confirmation if there are enough activity going on? What is the delay of the confirmation? it heavily depend on the network activity?

It is not instant, it takes a few minutes and depends on the overall activity in the network: the more activity, the faster.

Simplicity is beauty
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 01:40:31 AM

It is not instant, it takes a few minutes and depends on the overall activity in the network: the more activity, the faster.

Tonych, is the model sort of proof of service? Those that relay the activity and transactions get rewarded some bytes? I read the whitepaper but still am looking for some sort of understanding of this.

cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 02:02:53 AM

Total byteball supply is 1 Quadrillion? wtf??

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: