Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:12:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233944 times)
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:57:26 PM

In fact there was documentation to check linked BTC balances, actually there was even a website specifically for that (http://transition.byteball.org/). That's why the community was immediately able to spot Waves and Lisk's linked BTC addresses.

Thanks for stepping in and post some useful facts after all these fud posts.

But please don't give these fud posts importance by quoting them!  Sad

There is a handy function in bitcointalk which is called 'ignore', please use it to keep updated with the facts and not the fud.  Cheesy

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yaremi
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 11:46:27 PM

do not worry Smiley

BYTEBALL will be great. Wink

Зaлeтaй в нaш чaт http://allcrypto.chat/
valley365

Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 11:58:45 PM

The dreams:
I contacted Sasha Ivanov, founder of Waves, about the linked address 1NGfrU4YNp8dox1gLeUDyjD5Vpfck9no5j that has 4800 BTC from Waves ICO.  His response was that if the project is successful, he is going to distribute our coin as dividend to Waves holders.

and the reality:
Quote from: Sasha link=https://wavesplatform.slack.com/archives/general/p1482999414008654
We managed to make 35 BTC with byteballs, will be distributed as BTC token to WCT holders, it'll happen after the holidays

Thanks for sharing this! I do not know this "Sasha" personally, but everything shows he is a cheater in all aspects. Tony was warned multiple times about those cheaters (by many people, including me), but chose to stick to original rules... No comments, maybe he is right, maybe not. Time will show.

They managed to make 35 BTC ?  Grin It funny how they did end up with such small amount Smiley
With their linked 6.9k BTC, they should have got at least 100-150 BTC! So this means one of two things: either they are going to dump more soon, or Sasha tricked his own investors, and kept 60-70% of coins for himself  Grin
Waithing for Lisk now Smiley

The wave team managed to make 35 BTC with byteballs? I was wondering what happened to the byteball price at the exchange, now I know the answer. What is the point to distribute byteballs to these ICO fund, that the only consequence is to dump it? I strong ask the dev to ban all ICO fund in the future distribution.

Distributing to ICO fund doesn't make sense, they don't care about byteballs, they care only their BTCs.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 12:09:04 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2016, 12:22:55 AM by cryptohunter

The dreams:
I contacted Sasha Ivanov, founder of Waves, about the linked address 1NGfrU4YNp8dox1gLeUDyjD5Vpfck9no5j that has 4800 BTC from Waves ICO.  His response was that if the project is successful, he is going to distribute our coin as dividend to Waves holders.

and the reality:
Quote from: Sasha link=https://wavesplatform.slack.com/archives/general/p1482999414008654
We managed to make 35 BTC with byteballs, will be distributed as BTC token to WCT holders, it'll happen after the holidays

Thanks for sharing this! I do not know this "Sasha" personally, but everything shows he is a cheater in all aspects. Tony was warned multiple times about those cheaters (by many people, including me), but chose to stick to original rules... No comments, maybe he is right, maybe not. Time will show.

They managed to make 35 BTC ?  Grin It funny how they did end up with such small amount Smiley
With their linked 6.9k BTC, they should have got at least 100-150 BTC! So this means one of two things: either they are going to dump more soon, or Sasha tricked his own investors, and kept 60-70% of coins for himself  Grin
Waithing for Lisk now Smiley

The wave team managed to make 35 BTC with byteballs? I was wondering what happened to the byteball price at the exchange, now I know the answer. What is the point to distribute byteballs to these ICO fund, that the only consequence is to dump it? I strong ask the dev to ban all ICO fund in the future distribution.

Distributing to ICO fund doesn't make sense, they don't care about byteballs, they care only their BTCs.

look who has had a change of heart..... lol

hopefully lisk and all the other whales will dump on your ass to so your BB is worthless for eons.

This distributional model is worthless as you will soon find out. No investors are coming here for this ever.

Clone this tech and distribute in a less ridiculous manner.

clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 12:10:10 AM

Well, this thread is jumping the shark rather quickly!

I enjoyed the intelligent, technical comments from yesterday much much more. The distro model will never please everyone; why argue now?  Tony created byteball and he can and will fall on the distribution sword if it comes to that, but remember, it is his baby and he makes the rules.  I just can't complain when this cost me nothing.

peace! Smiley

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 12:11:47 AM

What other distribution model would be better?

Even a lottery would be better.

And what is needed to enter this lottery? A Bitcointalk-account? A email? What? On what basis do you want to give tickets away for this Lottery?

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 12:13:25 AM

Well, this thread is jumping the shark rather quickly!

I enjoyed the intelligent, technical comments from yesterday much much more. The distro model will never please everyone; why argue now?  Tony created byteball and he can and will fall on the distribution sword if it comes to that, but remember, it is his baby and he makes the rules.  I just can't complain when this cost me nothing.

peace! Smiley

Not true if you hold other alts. It was not and will not be free. Its a dilution coin.

drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 01:38:03 AM

Participation in Byteball distribution

If you missed the 1st round of distribution, you can still participate in the further rounds.  If you were in the 1st round, you can multiply your holdings.  In the second round, which is expected in mid-February, you receive:
- 62.5 MB for every 1 BTC of proven balance
- 0.1 new bytes for every 1 byte
(received in the 1st round)

There was 100 000 GB distributed in the first round.
This means that there will be 10 000 GB distributed to byteball holders in the second round (0.1 new bytes for every 1 byte received in the 1st round).

Let us assume that in the second round there will be 100 000 BTC linked.
This would mean there will be 6250 GB distributed according to BTC balances.

So most likely the dev will distribute much less bytes in the second round (than in the first round).

People tend to be suspicious about cryptos where the majority of coins is held by the dev for a long time.

This is not like Bitcoin where you know everything about the distribution from the beginning. Here we have the dev who reserves the right for himself to distribute most coins arbitrarily in the future. A free airdrop distribution is risky but possible. But here there is one person who controls 90 percent of the total amount of coins and this one person can ARBITRARILY decide about their future distribution. For months, maybe year(s) to come.

This must make byteball feel like a joke for any serious investor.

Well, I can consider all other critics to be a FUD, and the concerns about the ICOs included in distribution can be also somehow discarded (I believe that will not do that much harm at the end of the day), but this concern quoted above sounds really important to me!! And it is a somewhat worrying.

tonych and/or CryptKeeper, could you please address this comment? Its not a simple FUD or grunt of people who are unhappy by distribution. I believe its valid concern.

If the majority of coins remains at your disposal for so long time, how do you think it will affect the adoption by exchanges or other businesses? You may be the most honest person in the world, and will keep all your promises (and I personally believe you will), but how you can prove that to others, so they believe you will not just dump your undistributed coins?

... this space is not for rent ...
22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 02:10:33 AM

If you missed the 1st round of distribution, you can still participate in the further rounds.  If you were in the 1st round, you can multiply your holdings.  In the second round, which is expected in mid-February, you receive:

This means that there will be 10 000 GB distributed to byteball holders in the second round (0.1 new bytes for every 1 byte received in the 1st round).

So most likely the dev will distribute much less bytes in the second round (than in the first round).

People tend to be suspicious about cryptos where the majority of coins is held by the dev for a long time.

This is not like Bitcoin where you know everything about the distribution from the beginning. Here we have the dev who reserves the right for himself to distribute most coins arbitrarily in the future. A free airdrop distribution is risky but possible. But here there is one person who controls 90 percent of the total amount of coins and this one person can ARBITRARILY decide about their future distribution. For months, maybe year(s) to come.

Well, I can consider all other critics to be a FUD, and the concerns about the ICOs included in distribution can be also somehow discarded (I believe that will not do that much harm at the end of the day), but this concern quoted above sounds really important to me!! And it is a somewhat worrying.

tonych and/or CryptKeeper, could you please address this comment? Its not a simple FUD or grunt of people who are unhappy by distribution. I believe its valid concern.

If the majority of coins remains at your disposal for so long time, how do you think it will affect the adoption by exchanges or other businesses? You may be the most honest person in the world, and will keep all your promises (and I personally believe you will), but how you can prove that to others, so they believe you will not just dump your undistributed coins?
why so much problems about ICOs who get in BB. i think is a good thing  , but why ?! ICONOMI *maybe*will add BB for their index , KOMODO will keep BB as a long term investment and will use the byteballs for working capital. Waves shares with investitor . etc... you need to be happy about this + more happy you got them for free .
GL BB team and happy days in 2017:).
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 05:24:42 AM

What other distribution model would be better?

Even a lottery would be better.

And what is needed to enter this lottery? A Bitcointalk-account? A email? What? On what basis do you want to give tickets away for this Lottery?

Sell them for bitcoins, pay the prize in bytes.

CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 06:02:48 AM

This is a valid concern, lets hope tony has a deadline of 3-6 months for the distro to be completed by. Before then I'd be surprised if the price did anything exciting, too many large holders, but I don't agree with all the negativity by some over the ico whales getting such a big stake, I think long-term their dumping now will be seen in a positive light, it keeps downward pressure on the price so regular Jo & Jane can buy a nice stake at a reasonable price. A period of low prices is essential for a coin without an ico or mining to spread the tokens around, if the price is too high too early then the subsequent crash burns all the early adopters who bought too high, then you have lots of pissed off people calling 'scam' forever more. Look at other coins like NXT that had to distribute 100% of the coins at the start, problems with jealousy and frustration at the ico whales that took years to unwind, I think having the BB ico whale dumping ballast here with BB will keep prices low, let people accumulate,  and prevent a lot of anger later on. The NXT whale 'problem' has been avoided here, as the price willbe in the toilet for a while to come, nobody made 2000 bitcoin profit with BB.

Any birthing process looks horrible, who's seen a human born ... looks aweful, but it's effective. BB birth is pretty good, but also has some blood and guts about too.

Pro tip, accumulate BB slowly and expect the price to be very low for 12 months or more
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 07:23:17 AM

This is a valid concern, lets hope tony has a deadline of 3-6 months for the distro to be completed by. Before then I'd be surprised if the price did anything exciting, too many large holders, but I don't agree with all the negativity by some over the ico whales getting such a big stake, I think long-term their dumping now will be seen in a positive light, it keeps downward pressure on the price so regular Jo & Jane can buy a nice stake at a reasonable price. A period of low prices is essential for a coin without an ico or mining to spread the tokens around, if the price is too high too early then the subsequent crash burns all the early adopters who bought too high, then you have lots of pissed off people calling 'scam' forever more. Look at other coins like NXT that had to distribute 100% of the coins at the start, problems with jealousy and frustration at the ico whales that took years to unwind, I think having the BB ico whale dumping ballast here with BB will keep prices low, let people accumulate,  and prevent a lot of anger later on. The NXT whale 'problem' has been avoided here, as the price willbe in the toilet for a while to come, nobody made 2000 bitcoin profit with BB.

Any birthing process looks horrible, who's seen a human born ... looks aweful, but it's effective. BB birth is pretty good, but also has some blood and guts about too.

Pro tip, accumulate BB slowly and expect the price to be very low for 12 months or more

Good post, CS! It really resonated with me Smiley

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 10:49:48 AM

Byteball's now on coinmarletcap. Being on the first page is good publicity.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/byteball/#markets
JohnBidwell

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 10:50:52 AM

do not worry Smiley

Why will it be great?
ETCethereum

Activity: 451
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 10:55:44 AM

when is plan byteball coin to added exchanger
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 10:56:22 AM

when is plan byteball coin to added exchanger

already done
cryptox.pl

metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 10:56:53 AM

do not worry Smiley

Why will it be great?

read the whitepaper...

its pure dynamit!

Greetz
Steve
JohnBidwell

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 10:57:59 AM

do not worry Smiley

Why will it be great?

read the whitepaper...

its pure dynamit!

Greetz
Steve

I have it is doesn't look that great to me.
cryptonikus

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 11:11:00 AM

Where can I buy BB?

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 11:21:26 AM

Where can I buy BB?
Here https://cryptox.pl/

In any case, if byteball fails due to distribution problems (which I do not think will happen see below), I will personally make it better next round and distribute jingleballs differently. Because the tech is awesome, its just better than anything else so far (except for maybe Iota but thats for different purpose).

Also, if you theoretically make a totally equal and fair distribution of something, gold, bitcoins, byteballs, fiat currency, it looses its value. Anything of value, especially currency, has to be unequal in distribution, people wanting it and desiring it, to be the bitcoin or byteball whale, is what gives the thing value, jealousy is a hell of a drug. Consider if suddenly everyone in your country received +100 000 fiat currency in their bank account - nothing would change at all!

Consider then if everyones balance would be reset to be equal to everyone else, the banks can do it easily, say once per year, the rich to become poor and poor to become rich. Would you work and invest in such a currency? Would you try to save the currency or just waste it like German Reichmarks from 1929?

Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: