Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:07:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233954 times)
kola-schaar

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 08:23:20 AM

anonymous, for shady transactions, like monero and zcash

ive heard an attacker is able to source your IP as its peer to peer.

its a little deceptive from reading the ann.

yeah im a little dissatisfied, im allowed to share my concerns, we cant all love in happy unicorn shill land.

Page 1
…. Users can also issue assets whose transfers are not published to
the database, and therefore not visible to third parties. Instead, the information about the
transfer is exchanged privately between users, and only a hash of the transaction and a
spend proof (to prevent double-spends) are published to the database.

Page 3 …
Privacy. … Transactions in bytes (the base currency) in Byteball are equally visible, but there is a second currency (blackbytes), which is significantly less traceable.

If you like to hide your IP you can run Byteball through TOR..(this has already been discussed)

I do not see any parallel to Monero / ZCash and that’s (in my opinion) a feature - such properties do not lead to worldwide acceptance of a basic technology.
It’s pure marketing - certain features are overburdened because they are just fashionable..
The marketing works just like for soft- and energy drink and their derivatives…

May be they are famous in cryptoland ( it’s more cryptovillage), but believe me they will never leave the village .. (But this is probably not their goal)
If you want to leave the village you need flexibility , compatibility and reliability.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
specturul

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 08:38:08 AM

I think this is good time to add Byteballs to good exchange such us bittrex. Similar situation was when poloniex added ETH, this gave huge breakthrough for this exchange.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀▀  ▄▄  ▀▀▄▄
 ▄▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄  ▀▀▄▄
█  ▄▄▀▀          ▀▀▄▄  █
█ █   ██▄▄     ▄██   █ █
█ █   ▄ ▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀██   █ █
█ █   ███▄ ▀▀██ ██   █ █
█ █   ██      ▀ ██   █ █
█ █   ██        ██   █ █
█  ▀▀▄▄          ▄▄▀▀  █
 ▀▀▄▄  ▀▀▄▄  ▄▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄  ▀▀  ▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▄▄▀▀
Modex              
SMART CONTRACT MARKETPLACE
██▄▄
████  ██▄▄
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

▀▀██  ████

▀▀██
TWITTER          LINKEDIN          SLACK
▬▬▬▬▬    FACEBOOK          TELEGRAM    ▬▬▬▬▬
DEVELOP  ●  DISTRIBUTE  ●  DEPLOY
██▄▄
████  ██▄▄
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

▀▀██  ████

▀▀██
██▄▄
████  ██▄▄
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

▀▀██  ████

▀▀██
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2017, 08:55:32 AM

I think this is good time to add Byteballs to good exchange such us bittrex. Similar situation was when poloniex added ETH, this gave huge breakthrough for this exchange.
cryptox.pl makes a good job!

Greetz
Steve
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 09:32:58 AM

so is it a myth that byteballs is anon?

Is this a new tune of dissatisfacted guy, after distribution concerns were not readily accepted? Grin

Could you be more specific or use full English words at least?
This expression - "byteballs is anon" doesn't sound too descriptive. Basically, yes "byteballs" != "anon". Even the number of letters is different  Grin
But what do you mean?

anonymous, for shady transactions, like monero and zcash

ive heard an attacker is able to source your IP as its peer to peer.

its a little deceptive from reading the ann.

yeah im a little dissatisfied, im allowed to share my concerns, we cant all love in happy unicorn shill land.
No for shady transactions find a dark alley in your neighbourhood. Thats still safer than zcash.

Because even with zcash and monero to be safe, you still have to do more than just run their wallet software, you still have to know what the fuck you are doing, and if you are doing it on windows 10, then you fail and feds are watching you before you even began your transaction.

Byteball does allow direct transactions between users, transactions which wont be stored on a global database like with bitcoin. If you use byteball over tor or over i2p, even today you can use it over tor with proxychains or tsocks, then you are anonymous, and can transfer blackbytes between you and your dealer safely. 
JariKriting

Activity: 994
Merit: 517

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Gamem

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2017, 09:39:12 AM

you are true
i think byteball coin is good coin, and much people response can get byteball coin use linked bitcoin addres
is good to added in poloniex or bittrex, minimum in c-cex

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
kola-schaar

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 09:42:21 AM

Especially according to this topic  (backup and safety):

pls, wht means : "to restor your wallets, you will need full backup of Bytesball setting. Just the wallet seed is not enough."

how i must save my wallet to restor it ?

You need to backup the entire wallet data folder, its location depends on your platform: https://github.com/byteball/byteball#byteball-backups-and-recovery.
But doing it is not practical, as you'll have to back up again every time you send or receive blackbytes (which are only saved in this folder).
A better option is to set up a multisig wallet with redundancy (such as 1-of-2 or 2-of-3) on multiple devices, which ensures that in case one of the devices fails you will still be able to use the wallet on the other device(s).  All devices will have a copy of the private payments (blackbytes).

yu say first 100k wallet loader will receive an part of 1% of all bytesball..yu talk of bytesball test or bytesball after beta..how you will distribute them ?

This is about livenet.
There is a long way ahead before we actually start to distribute this 1%, we will probably distribute only to mobile wallets after phone number verification.

hmm..i see..i can paired my current wallet or i must create new wallet to use multi-sig ?

Create a new multisig wallet: Menu -> Add wallet -> Multidevice wallet.
Pair two devices that you own, e.g. desktop and phone.

I have done a little Newbie-tutorial for the following topics:
1.-3. How to check my Bytes and Blackbytes / the Version of Byteball ?
3. – 6. How can I chat with the transition bot. In order to check my status (linked BTC address and linked amount)
7.-13. How to pair devices to send blackbytes or to create a multisig / multidevice wallet (for more security and redundant backup)  or only to make private chat Note: You must repeat the steps 7.-13. for each device and have to invite and accept in both directions
14.-16. How to create a multisig / multidevice wallet (for more security and redundant backup)
see:
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/3441/3T3lqE.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/5558/HN8ASd.png
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 01:13:00 PM

what a completely unfair distribution.. its going to be a dump fest from now till next distribution.. and then after a fresh batch of people get distrubted another 50%.. another dump fest.. best time to buy would be around march. but even then still another 9x the current amount to be distributed.
dump fest.

price is rising. aint nobody dumping their balls.

well lets do some simple math.

ICONOMI - one of the linked addresses to receive byteballs.

ICONOMI linked 70k btc - giving them 9.766% of the total supply by the time all distribution is over.

so they currently own 9766 byteballs = 245btc = $221,446 US dollars.

mid feb is the next round. they enter the 70k BTC once again, and in turn earn another 9766 Byteballs

assuming the price stays the same =

ICONOMI will own over 2.2million dollars USD or 10% of a currency.

one single entity owns 10% vs the other 7billion people on earth.

and that is just ICONOMI.. not to mention the other people that own large percentage.. LISK etc.

how is this fair, your giving a small portion of about 10 people 95% of the supply.

your project is already set up to fail, another project will take its place with a clone of byteballs with a fair distribution, excellent idea, failed distribution method, logic = lets give millionaires massive portions of the supply.
They dont earn another, next round each 1btc will give you 62.5megabytes only.

How is this fair? How is it in the real world, yet you are transacting with currencies? You think on your national economy that 1% or less of the population does not control the 90% of money supply? That 1 person can not crash your average western european countries economy? LOL. And extended to world economy, 150 people can move as much capital as the next 6billion combined.

If you are dealing with money, if you are buying and selling goods, you are contributing to inequality and unfair unjust world. Each transaction you make, and every one else makes with anything of value, is contributing to inequality. Rich get richer and poor get poorer, its not a dumb cliche its a realization of facts builtin any economical system. If you like to try alternatives go to Venezuela.

Can you point to any economy in the real world in any historical point in time where distribution is equal and is over time equalizing? LOL.

Money is the root of all evil, it is designed not to be equal and fair, any monetary system which goes against this basic truth fails and people dont consider it valuable to transact with.

Life is unfair, deal with it. I got my 1gb from 1btc, and bought more with the same 1btc, now I have +40GB. Now I am 1000001.23% richer than all the 99.9% of people of planet earth who didnt know how to buy a btc and sign a message with their wallet, those who still have 0gb. Unfair to them? Iconomi is looking down on my 40gb from their stash of their 9138312gb, so what?

What would you suggest would be a better distribution method? How would you do your byteball clone to be fair?
Ok your "deal with it" approach isn't making things sound any better

how would i make my clone different? max of 10btc linked. fair. now its averaged against everyone somewhat equally, not 1 entity has 100000x times more than every other person, ready waiting to dump the market with over $250,000 usd worth.

i think with such a new approach, why set up for failure, is this method the absolute fairest and best method the developer could think of? or am i missing something?

its the equivalent of having 1000 people stuck on an island and finding a load of 500 apples, and saying ok lets give 4 people 448 of those apples, and the remaining 996 people will have to share 2 apples. its actually cringe worthy how they think this was ever fair, its setup the market for failure, this will continue to be a topic of weakness throughout the coins life.

how would you know if i sent my 100btc into 10 addresseses of 10btc each and linked each one?

you cant not include addresses where funds are sent from. i might have sent 10btc to 10 people for services. those 10 people maybe interested in your project and linked. try again. you make out its simple when it is not. where humans are part of it there will be abuse. the bedt system tries to minimise this. those crying unfair are those within not much wanting lots. the world isnt fair there is no equal. if you want equal move to a communist nation. then complain that you do more but receive the same.

the end true result is you should shut up. tony made the project and he chose the distribution. if uou dislike it gotk it and run your coin. dont criticise anothers. you've fone nothing gor it. embrace the rules of it, constructively provide feedback or get off your high horse fork ot snd take your direction if you think uou are right its that simple.

ps you might think you have all the answers but you dont. if you were that smart youd have made a new coin and solved thr problem already.
crema

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 02:38:34 PM

Hello,

I am almost newbie on ByteBall, maybe the question has been already answered...

Do you know what to do with Blackballs? If there is a market for them? Do they have a actual market value?...

Thank you very much!
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 03:18:28 PM

Do you know what to do with Blackballs? If there is a market for them? Do they have a actual market value?...

You can exchange blackbytes (not blackballs Smiley) for bitcoins or bytes. Check the channels #trading and #trading_blackbyte on the Slack and/or this topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1728405.

yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2017, 03:19:57 PM

are there plans to put the platforms trustless exchange in-wallet?

Yes, they are. Check out exchange bot in testnet wallet https://byteball.org/testnet.html

vthfvuuj

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 03:29:39 PM

good, exchange bot is success.  Thank you
spark.bet

Activity: 155

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 03:33:29 PM

Do they have a actual market value?...

There are 2.1111 blackbytes for 1 byteball
spark.bet

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 04:12:16 PM

Flat bitcoin market
Flat byteball market
crema

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 05:24:38 PM

You can exchange blackbytes (not blackballs Smiley) for bitcoins or bytes. Check the channels #trading and #trading_blackbyte on the Slack and/or this topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1728405.

Thank you very much.
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2017, 06:01:57 PM

@tonych

Why don't you change the distribution such that it rewards actual users of byteball? You could code a smart contract such that every tenth transaction fee is redeemed from undistributed reserve. This way the amount of bytes in circulation would grow with the same pace as usage.

This proposal is not bad at all. But one big agreement must be:

The new coins only goes to new users. The problem: i could make 10k adresses to reach many byteballs. So this proposal needs more clarifications.

My idea is to reward frequent users. Right now, everybody can buy bytes at the market to pay tx fees. Let everybody pay first, than make a snapshot every so often, and redeem each address a fraction of fees which it payed (e.g 10%). This way it does not matter how many addresses one individual has, he still needs to pay first to be redeemed later. And this puts whales out of the loop unless they become frequent users.

For example, exchanges will be frequent users and get redeemed a lot, but this will benefit their users, since exchange can charge less fees.

Given that most transactions are 500-1000 bytes, only 10% is redeemed, and there are 8.8 * 1014 still undistributed bytes, if you do the math, you won't like this idea yourself.

Simplicity is beauty
spark.bet

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 06:10:48 PM

Is there a reason for the  specific number 2.1111 blackbyte for 1 byteball?
Why not just 2 for 1.
Tanglemymind

Activity: 143

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 04:24:51 AM

what do I do with my blueballs?
kola-schaar

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 06:45:48 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2017, 06:59:26 AM by kola-schaar

what do I do with my blueballs?

I think with this question you are wrong here. According to this:
http://www.medicaldaily.com/blue-balls-are-real-how-do-men-get-them-explainer-337500
You have to go to the doctor  Shocked

Otherwise, they are currently (at that stage ) primarily for the purpose of reproduction (I think you know what I mean: to get more little balls). Grin
Later the balls will learn to make great things .. Actually everything just as in the real life.. Wink
If you are a developer, you can teach them something -that would be great  Roll Eyes
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 07:21:00 AM

Is there a reason for the  specific number 2.1111 blackbyte for 1 byteball?
Why not just 2 for 1.

This reminds me when Satoshi got asked why the 21 Million limited coin supply was chosen. The good answer back then was: does it matter?
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 10:16:10 AM

Another scam attempt, please everybody made very careful about fake conversations in DM
If the scammer says sent BTC, always check my btc address, I have only One BTC address and it's that one :

https://blockchain.info/address/153tSmxbKfby652LUyYdYEZhoxY9RzHYrz

No problem acting as Escrow for your deal.

Seller = xxxxx
Buyer =  louisieth1
Goods : xxxxx @ 5.4BTC

No escrow fee but tips are welcome

• xxxxx please transfer xxxxGBB to my Escrow address: BUSOXIQ53PJYOXQPFDE76W7U2SRDXHEV

Never send to any other address!!

The Escrow address can be verified in my main Escrow thread : www.bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303281

• louisieth1 after confirmation please send payment directly to xxxxx
  • xxxxx after you have received payment please notify me to release the BTC to louisieth1.

Thanks,
Yassin

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: Keybase OpenPGP v2.0.20
Comment: https://keybase.io/crypto

wsBcBAABCgAGBQJVsjddAAoJEAc+fowFxS8MUmsIAIjLOqrHgIt5JPbMnGcK9yJh
WhcCQ+0hA8bXEMFTzWLqlzN8sbR5E+ZIO/HQOEDtYJ7RkFIxKHAAWFGNXhyljGOL
d3mFuIzLqpT0aP4JKs2BBQz1eGTroVXvimSyAzx8xNcSmcmqs1kqkforK6ANX0Xp
zFBcwDzEma51Lk3wy7fDfczmAopAbhDaqovcqSK/hK3fmRWhxq0P97zqspRG6Y/h
wW5c9fgXY91J1SzTdj3YJxasERottM9QlO1x4XhV1SD2M4jxXuhmmkMvkz8gazCI
/idGFkBfg7eSMTcHdIBMzRWwT2jHn0Q3VVVp3xZpilotxUU87C+TkDP/lfQK82w=
=lCcE
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: