Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:50:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233947 times)
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 03:22:40 PM

We've just crossed 100K linked bitcoins!

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

transition.byteball.org

I'm going to be left out again like the first time . I tried to link my Bitcoin address to Byteball on my mobile phone and It didn't work even as I have the Byteball android app. I don't know why  but The app only keeps opening when I click to chat with the transition bot.

Do you have the latest byteball wallet 1.2.0 installed?
If clicking on the link doesn't work, try using chrome browser.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wesiematic

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 03:32:50 PM

Oh thank you, completely overlooked it, i just saw "hurry up" Smiley .

there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...
Loco Motive

Activity: 251

🌟

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 04:03:25 PM

I moved my byteball to another wallet after initial distribution, should i relink it somehow or i will nontheless recive the +10%?
I found only the btc linking stuff

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  Pre-Sale is now Live,
         with a 39% bonus!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 04:07:41 PM

I moved my byteball to another wallet after initial distribution, should i relink it somehow or i will nontheless recive the +10%?
I found only the btc linking stuff

Yes, your BTC stay linked, so you will get your new bytes from btc to the old wallet, talk to the transition bot.
For the new wallet make sure to link your byte address to get the full amount of new blackbytes.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 04:13:32 PM

Last chance to get free tokens
8 hours to go before the distribution snapshot takes place https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/42410/byteball-distribution-snapshot-countdown

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 04:45:29 PM

Big dump after the distribution?

will be interesting to see how price reacts after the 2nd distribution.  m sure there will be some who dump their 'free' coins
but then people will begin to look for the next distribution and will want to hold again ... either way should get some volatility Smiley

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
talktopab

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:04:35 PM

We'll have our 2nd distribution round under the Full Moon, on 11th of February at 0:33 UTC.
Bytes to blackbytes: 1 byte on linked Byteball address gives you 0.21111 blackbytes
Blackbytes that remain undistributed because some people didn't move their bytes to the linked address, will be transferred to a development fund which will be used to pay for future promotion and development.

Only 78% of bytes are on linked addresses now.  Please make sure your bytes are on the linked BB addresses, otherwise you don't receive blackbytes for them!
Should put a warning/EMPHASIS...

Once you linked your bytes address.

If you ever make a payment, they are moved away! You have to move them back!

It happened to me several times already.

You cant just link once and then go pay other things - the wallet moves your bytes away.

"If you ever make a payment, they are moved away! You have to move them back!" You mean a btc payment or a byteball payment?

"You cant just link once and then go pay other things - the wallet moves your bytes away." Can you please explain ... Thanks!

kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:19:56 PM

"If you ever make a payment, they are moved away! You have to move them back!" You mean a btc payment or a byteball payment?

Well both Smiley.

"You cant just link once and then go pay other things - the wallet moves your bytes away." Can you please explain ... Thanks!

The idea is that if you link and use the balances from your linked addresses to do transactions, then your balance with constantly change from one address to the other, meaning you either have to link new addresses or send your funds back to your initially linked addresses and stop doing (outgoing) transactions.

ParmaBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 05:31:21 PM

We'll have our 2nd distribution round under the Full Moon, on 11th of February at 0:33 UTC.
Bytes to blackbytes: 1 byte on linked Byteball address gives you 0.21111 blackbytes
Blackbytes that remain undistributed because some people didn't move their bytes to the linked address, will be transferred to a development fund which will be used to pay for future promotion and development.

Only 78% of bytes are on linked addresses now.  Please make sure your bytes are on the linked BB addresses, otherwise you don't receive blackbytes for them!

Hey Tony does it means cryptox.pl's customers Byteballs are linked too?

If it is true,  free Blackbytes  are for Cryptox.pl customers or for owner pocket?

did you discussed with exchange owner?
let us know
thanks

CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:36:14 PM

Only 78% of bytes are on linked addresses now.  Please make sure your bytes are on the linked BB addresses, otherwise you don't receive blackbytes for them!

Hey Tony does it means cryptox.pl's customers Byteballs are linked too?

If it is true,  free Blackbytes  are for Cryptox.pl customers or for owner pocket?

did you discussed with exchange owner?
let us know
thanks

FYI:

Dear Cryptox users. We recommend to take out of exchange your BTC and GBYTE balances in order to participate in 2nd round of Byteball distribution.
Those who forget, will be credited according to their 95% balance BTC and 95% GBYTE at the time of transition.
Blackbytes will wait for you to contact admin@cryptox.pl

talktopab

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:46:52 PM

Well both Smiley.

The idea is that if you link and use the balances from your linked addresses to do transactions, then your balance with constantly change from one address to the other, meaning you either have to link new addresses or send your funds back to your initially linked addresses and stop doing (outgoing) transactions.

"The idea is that if you link and use the balances from your linked addresses to do transactions" You mean btc addresses, no byteball addresses I assume, is this right?

"you either have to link new addresses or send your funds back to your initially linked addresses and stop doing (outgoing) transactions." You mean before the snapshop, after the snapshot I can move/spend btc and this will not influence the byteball balance, is this right? 
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:12:54 PM

"The idea is that if you link and use the balances from your linked addresses to do transactions" You mean btc addresses, no byteball addresses I assume, is this right?

I mean both Smiley. The Byteball app also have change addresses, it behaves the same way as a standard Bitcoin client. Let's assume, you have n bytes on bb_addr1, you send m bytes to bb_addr2, here's what happens:

bb_addr1 => bb_addr2: m
bb_addr1 => bb_addr3: n - m

The result is:

bb_addr1 is empty.
bb_addr2 received m.
bb_addr3 holds your new balance (bb_addr3 is also one of your addresses).

I'm having a déjà-vu impression ^^.

"you either have to link new addresses or send your funds back to your initially linked addresses and stop doing (outgoing) transactions." You mean before the snapshop, after the snapshot I can move/spend btc and this will not influence the byteball balance, is this right? 

Yes before the snapshot. Theoretically, after the snapshot you can move both your bytes and BTC and it shouldn't affect the distribution (you'll receive the expected amount). Having said that, last time, Tony gave the go to move the BTC ...

zuqka

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:49:48 PM

i think you know the current size of the entire Byteball database, do you? because i still was not able to install a full wallet i don't know. thank you.
It is about 650MB right now.

Witnesses get the transaction fees, my full node wallet hasnt received any meaningful amount of fees.

thank you. i hope that i will be able so set up a full wallet on my raspberry as soon as i am back home an have access to it. but i have to admit, that i am a GUI-user and have to learn a lot.

to set up a full wallet. do i need to follow these steps?
https://github.com/byteball/byteball
i tried it with my macbook. but i was not able to launch the wallet.
i struggled here:
Then run Byteball desktop client:

/path/to/your/nwjs/nwjs

Or is this all only for building the light wallet?

i feel a bit ashamed to ask these questions....

No need to feel ashamed this is new to many here me too.

Ive seen someone mention writing a guide on running these components, relay hub witness and headless wallet, get in touch with them they are on slack, even just getting input from you what happens when you follow the guide would be very helpful.

Yes, the byteball/byteball is for building the full and light wallets and can build android app.

You can use on raspberry pi byteball/byteball-relay or -hub of you want to help the network. Headless-byteball if you want to send payments programmatically and also help network.

The mentioned technical guide on running a byteball-hub is being written here https://www.gitlab.com/snippets/1548253

Have a look, follow it, and ask questions in the slack, the vision is the guide should be good enough to have a hub running on Linux in a short amount of time with high security.

You can join the byteball group on gitlab https://www.gitlab.com/byteball and contribute directly.

followed the guide but I get this:
servesbytesnet@raspberrypi:~/byteball-hub $ node start.js
-su: node: command not found
servesbytesnet@raspberrypi:~/byteball-hub $

tried:
servesbytesnet@raspberrypi:~/byteball-hub $ sudo node start.js
[sudo] password for servesbytesnet:
servesbytesnet is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.

nxt: NXT-2V7G-C8BY-KTYY-CAHNU * btc: 19UcQHepGvXb2fDcAMBJo1a3iduqBNXaGw * byte: XJBP46RQ7OZ6KKY4IXKL73VQBDKRIYJ4
realm

Activity: 351

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:52:58 PM

Is the supply doubled after the 2nd distribution or is the increasement rate different?
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:53:35 PM

Need help here !
Trying to connect my bitcoin address from blockchain.info.
I made the micro payment, but now my blockchain.info address has changed .... so the bot says my balance is 0 !?!?
What can I do ?!?

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:57:14 PM

Need help here !
I made the micro payment, but now my blockchain.info address has changed .... so the bot says my balance is 0 !?!?
What can I do ?!?

Most bitcoin wallets move unused change to a change address. Look on blockchain.info if this is really one of your addresses and send your complete balance there.

portabella

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:58:09 PM

i think you know the current size of the entire Byteball database, do you? because i still was not able to install a full wallet i don't know. thank you.
It is about 650MB right now.

Witnesses get the transaction fees, my full node wallet hasnt received any meaningful amount of fees.

thank you. i hope that i will be able so set up a full wallet on my raspberry as soon as i am back home an have access to it. but i have to admit, that i am a GUI-user and have to learn a lot.

to set up a full wallet. do i need to follow these steps?
https://github.com/byteball/byteball
i tried it with my macbook. but i was not able to launch the wallet.
i struggled here:
Then run Byteball desktop client:

/path/to/your/nwjs/nwjs

Or is this all only for building the light wallet?

i feel a bit ashamed to ask these questions....

No need to feel ashamed this is new to many here me too.

Ive seen someone mention writing a guide on running these components, relay hub witness and headless wallet, get in touch with them they are on slack, even just getting input from you what happens when you follow the guide would be very helpful.

Yes, the byteball/byteball is for building the full and light wallets and can build android app.

You can use on raspberry pi byteball/byteball-relay or -hub of you want to help the network. Headless-byteball if you want to send payments programmatically and also help network.

The mentioned technical guide on running a byteball-hub is being written here https://www.gitlab.com/snippets/1548253

Have a look, follow it, and ask questions in the slack, the vision is the guide should be good enough to have a hub running on Linux in a short amount of time with high security.

You can join the byteball group on gitlab https://www.gitlab.com/byteball and contribute directly.

followed the guide but I get this:
servesbytesnet@raspberrypi:~/byteball-hub $ node start.js
-su: node: command not found

I see, will add text on how to verify a node package is installed.

Try to run "apt-get update" as root, and then again "apt-get install nodejs npm git logrotate", what is the output of those commands, success or some errors?

Usually a "command not found" means a package was not installed successfully.
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:58:36 PM

Need help here !
What can I do ?!?

Most bitcoin wallets move unused change to a change address. Look on blockchain.info if this is really one of your addresses and send your complete balance there.

and pay another fee ?!?

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

wonderland2

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 07:03:18 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2017, 07:45:37 PM by wonderland2

hi there Dev, you should create some incentives for blackbyte holder even the small amount for each round dont you think it right, what i see right now is no one want to buy or hold blackbyte, seem everyone want to get ripped  black like an unwanted child and no buyer, then when black available for exchange it could get only small market cap. take a look at the bids and asks above, the gap seem to get wider. right now you only created demand byteball, unbalanced distribution. just my thought.

https://byteball.slack.com/messages/trading_blackbyte/
zuqka

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 07:07:27 PM

root@raspberrypi:/home/pi# apt-get install nodejs npm git logrotate
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
git is already the newest version.
logrotate is already the newest version.
nodejs is already the newest version.
npm is already the newest version.
The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
libopts25
npm ERR! sqlite3@3.1.8 install: `node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build`
npm ERR! Exit status 127
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the sqlite3@3.1.8 install script.
npm ERR! This is most likely a problem with the sqlite3 package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR!     node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build
npm ERR! You can get their info via:
npm ERR!     npm owner ls sqlite3
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! System Linux 4.4.38-v7+
npm ERR! command "/usr/bin/nodejs" "/usr/bin/npm" "install"
npm ERR! cwd /home/servesbytesnet/byteball-hub
npm ERR! node -v v0.10.29
npm ERR! npm -v 1.4.21
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Additional logging details can be found in:
npm ERR!     /home/servesbytesnet/byteball-hub/npm-debug.log
npm ERR! not ok code 0

nxt: NXT-2V7G-C8BY-KTYY-CAHNU * btc: 19UcQHepGvXb2fDcAMBJo1a3iduqBNXaGw * byte: XJBP46RQ7OZ6KKY4IXKL73VQBDKRIYJ4
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: