Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2019, 04:24:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 ... 1091 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1165084 times)
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 11:28:53 AM

OK I'm going to announce it in this thread too.

Today I released the v1.0.0 RELEASE of the Byteball-to-TCP Proxy.

It is really easy to setup and get running. It listens on the Byteball network for new devices that pair with the proxy and for each guest device it spawns a raw TCP connection to the predefined host/port.
You can use this proxy whenever you have a service that accepts raw TCP connections and you want to expose it to Byteball wallets. By default the proxy serves the current time as given by the india.colorado.edu:13 telnet server.

GET 25 FREE SPINS AT REGISTRATION
GET 100% BONUS ON FIRST DEPOSIT
PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Freefactomizer

Activity: 345
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:38:18 AM

Do you think the GBB will be listed on the exchange someday in the future?

Now, with the same situation, the GBB price will be falling.

GBB are to be exchanged P2P so only you and your peer know about your trade (only the transaction hash is stored in DAG). If you centralize the GBB market in an exchange then your GBB are not really privates anymore.

🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈 -  Byteball Sport Betting Bot - 🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈
BTCspace

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:05:17 PM

how long will it take for people to realize byteball is better than a lot of top10 coin?

running farm worldwide
bitserve

Activity: 854
Merit: 732

HODL.

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:20:50 PM

how long will it take for people to realize byteball is better than a lot of top10 coin?

It will take some time. The project lacks some marketing that other completely disfunctional coins do have.

Anyways, it is doing well atm. Let's see when some bigger exchanges (polo?) do add it, but it's better they don't do it yet. October would be a good month for that.

One of the strong points of Byteball is that the technology behind is so much different to other top 10 coins that it can act as a good hedge vs software/crypto bugs of the main ones (if such thing would happen). Ie: Litecoin is not a good hedge for Bitcoin in case of technical failure as they share almost the same codebase, same as ETC isn't vs Ethereum.

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM
Ted_Nugent

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:55:09 PM

Greetings,

Can someone clear something up for me regarding the price of crypto’s in relation to it's market cap. Recently I made mention of the “high” cost of  Byteballs currency of some $700 and a member on this forum replied with -

“Don't look at the price for one GB, take a look at the market cap of Byteball, than you will see that byteball is not so expensive!

-Can we finally please realize the change to MB, I am really sick of this discussions!.”

I see market cap as being described as it’s true value. Beyond this I don’t understand this members comment?

There are seemingly two components here i.e. 1) Price of Byteball in relation to its market cap and 2) The change to MB, both of which I do not fully grasp.  Can anyone shed some light? Thanks.
Freefactomizer

Activity: 345
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:10:52 PM

It is really easy to setup and get running. It listens on the Byteball network for new devices that pair with the proxy and for each guest device it spawns a raw TCP connection to the predefined host/port.
You can use this proxy whenever you have a service that accepts raw TCP connections and you want to expose it to Byteball wallets. By default the proxy serves the current time as given by the india.colorado.edu:13 telnet server.

How did you generate the QR code invitation for your bot device ?

🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈 -  Byteball Sport Betting Bot - 🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1367

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 05:30:51 PM

Greetings,

Can someone clear something up for me regarding the price of crypto’s in relation to it's market cap. Recently I made mention of the “high” cost of  Byteballs currency of some $700 and a member on this forum replied with -

“Don't look at the price for one GB, take a look at the market cap of Byteball, than you will see that byteball is not so expensive!

-Can we finally please realize the change to MB, I am really sick of this discussions!.”

I see market cap as being described as it’s true value. Beyond this I don’t understand this members comment?

There are seemingly two components here i.e. 1) Price of Byteball in relation to its market cap and 2) The change to MB, both of which I do not fully grasp.  Can anyone shed some light? Thanks.

The market cap is the (theoretical) value of all the coins. That is number of coins * price of every coin.
At the moment there are 255,492,000,000,000 bytes in circulation. You can also call that amount 255,492 GB or 255,492,000 MB.

Each GB is worth about $725 at the moment; that means each MB is worth about $0.725. So the total market cap of Byteball is about $185 million, which is very low compared with the top coins by market cap which exceed several billion dollars.

1 GB is worth $725 but every GB equals to 1,000 MB or 1 billion bytes. There are only 255k GBs.
It probably makes more sense to use MB as the base unit instead of GB. In that case every coin is worth less than 1 dollar and there are 255 million of them.
Or you can use the byte as the base unit and every coin is worth only $0.000000725! (so cheap!). So as you can see the value of 1 arbitrary unit is not that important because you can just change the unit.

Now, please read at least the first post before posting any other question.
You should also read the basis about bitcoin and crypto-currencies in general.

Ted_Nugent

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:42:38 PM

Greetings,

Can someone clear something up for me regarding the price of crypto’s in relation to it's market cap. Recently I made mention of the “high” cost of  Byteballs currency of some $700 and a member on this forum replied with -

There are seemingly two components here i.e. 1) Price of Byteball in relation to its market cap and 2) The change to MB, both of which I do not fully grasp.  Can anyone shed some light? Thanks.

The market cap is the (theoretical) value of all the coins. That is number of coins * price of every coin.
At the moment there are 255,492,000,000,000 bytes in circulation. You can also call that amount 255,492 GB or 255,492,000 MB.

Each GB is worth about $725 at the moment; that means each MB is worth about $0.725. So the total market cap of Byteball is about $185 million, which is very low compared with the top coins by market cap which exceed several billion dollars.

1 GB is worth $725 but every GB equals to 1,000 MB or 1 billion bytes. There are only 255k GBs.
It probably makes more sense to use MB as the base unit instead of GB. In that case every coin is worth less than 1 dollar and there are 255 million of them.
Or you can use the byte as the base unit and every coin is worth only $0.000000725! (so cheap!). So as you can see the value of 1 arbitrary unit is not that important because you can just change the unit.

Now, please read at least the first post before posting any other question.
You should also read the basis about bitcoin and crypto-currencies in general.

Thanks for your reply, I'll have a look at the links you posted also. I'd like to say however, that at this time, without going over the forum, that it appears that this division of GB and MB seems to more over of value in light of the Byteball offer i.e. 62.5 X and 0.2 etc. One bitcoin is $2800 and you can divide this in fractions also, but you are still paying $2800 for one; this verses what you paid a few years ago. One byteball is still $700+ and this is mainly important to what you could have paid in the past. For those who wish they could get the 0.2 X offer, the cost of the Byteball currency is expensive, as compared to most other crypto's. The value of the byteball crypto, I'm still to research, in light of a member saying it's better than most of the top 10 crypto's? Thanks again.
Trollollo

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 07:03:53 PM

Damn...Looks like I forgot password for my byteball wallet...I sent my GB`s to bittrex,but still have some Blackbytes in wallet.Can I restore it with my full wallet backup what I made,or I need password anyway?

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 07:17:24 PM

Need a little guidance here...

Something is wrong and my windows 7 won't startup, so I am looking at a possible clean install.
I am afraid it will wipe out my byteball wallet - how do I save the backup that is on my desktop?
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1367

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 07:45:50 PM

I'll have a look at the links you posted also
Great, post any question only afterwards.

...you are still paying $2800 for one; this verses what you paid a few years ago...
Yes, you can't time travel. You can only buy at the current price if you believe it will increase more in the future. The same applies with every currency.

Damn...Looks like I forgot password for my byteball wallet...I sent my GB`s to bittrex,but still have some Blackbytes in wallet.Can I restore it with my full wallet backup what I made,or I need password anyway?

Does the full backup end in ".encrypted". If so -of course- it's encrypted and you'll need the password. Otherwise it should work.
Do you have the seed? If so you should be able to recover the wallet without the password using that.

Need a little guidance here...

Something is wrong and my windows 7 won't startup, so I am looking at a possible clean install.
I am afraid it will wipe out my byteball wallet - how do I save the backup that is on my desktop?

Open this folder on the Explorer and back it up:
Code:
%localappdata%/byteball

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1139

born once atheist

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:19:17 AM

finally figured out the signing message chat bot thing with my ledger wallet bitcoin addys and got all of them linked
for next full moon.  Took me like 8 tries. Hallelujah!
The chat bot was thinking like "dude, you obviously don't know how to sign a message,
just send me some bitcoin and I'll get the addy registered you dumb shit! "
 ok... actually no, it didn't say that... but it should have! lol

Anyway joking aside...love this project...thank you Byteball devs/team!

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
hopenotlate
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 05:48:24 AM

Need help by more experienced people than me please.

I'm currently running v. 1.9.0 of full wallet, with GB, GBB and CK1 tokens in it , and I would like to switch to light version of it but am not sure how to do it correctly; I'm planning to take following steps :
 - make a full backup
 - unistall full wallet
 - install light wallet
 - restore from full backup

Here are the questions:

1) Are above steps correct and doable? I mean can you restore a light wallet from a full wallet backup?

In case of a positive answer to Q. 1) then:

2) Will I recover either GB GBB and CK1?
3) Will I have same receveing address and therefore won't have to link again BTC I already linked to my current address or what?

4) Would I better follow another route like: installing lite wallet into a temporary PC => send everything from main PC to temporary one => unistalling full wallet an installing lite wallet on main PC => sanding back everything from temporary pc to main PC?

Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 3862

Self-made Legendary outside Meta!

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 05:56:19 AM

I mean can you restore a light wallet from a full wallet backup?
No, you can't. The full wallet backup is a very large file.

In case of a positive answer to Q. 1) then:

4) Would I better follow another route like: installing light wallet into a temporary PC => send everything from main PC to temporary one => unistalling full wallet an installing light wallet on main PC => sanding back everything from temporary pc to main PC?
This is the way to switch from full to light wallet. I would change it a bit though:
1. install light wallet on temporary PC
2. create backup of light wallet on temporary PC
3. pair wallets to be able to send blackbytes
4. send blackbytes (this requires bytes as fee) to temporary pc
5. send bytes to temporary pc
At this point I'm not sure if your backup from before receiving them will actually restore blackbytes, hence:
6. create a new backup of light wallet
7. restore light wallet backup on main PC
8. move your Bitcoins to a new address
9. link your new Bitcoin address to your new Byteball address.

Note: I haven't actually tested this.

naska21

Activity: 1050
Merit: 516

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:28:33 AM

I'm currently running v. 1.9.0 of full wallet, with GB, GBB and CK1 tokens in it ,

What is CK1? Never heard of it.

Password is needed anyway

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1013

bitcoin and altcoin enthusiast

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 06:37:49 AM

I'm currently running v. 1.9.0 of full wallet, with GB, GBB and CK1 tokens in it ,

Look here: https://wiki.byteball.org/asset

PM me your byte address and I'll send you some.

Follow me on twitter for the latest news on bitcoin and altcoins and I'll follow you back the same day!
Obyte - An open cryptocurrency platform ready for real world adoption
naska21

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:54:18 AM

Look here: https://wiki.byteball.org/asset

PM me your byte address and I'll send you some.

Live and learn. Thank you for info, just PM'd you. Are they tradable? If yes,  in wich way?

███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 07:08:12 AM

How did you generate the QR code invitation for your bot device ?

Using this service: http://goqr.me/api/

naska21

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:30:58 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 07:59:24 AM by naska21

@CryptKeeper, thank you,  just receved  100 of 3kc7H8A2oiWr9mv7AcWJeLCA0Cp8c3BLK04kYQ+5pfU=  - which is exactly how this asset is displayed in the wallet, i.e. there is no name (Like CK1) for it. Is this as it should be? I think it would be more convinient for user to read the explicit name of the asset in his/her wallet as it is done with bytes and blackbites. I am affraid that in a while I will forget what those 100 units stands for  in my wallet

███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Zogrd

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:54:14 AM

Can someone explain how to get the distribution?

I have some GBYTE on Bittrex. What do I have to do and how much will I receive?
Pages: « 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 ... 1091 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.