Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:06:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 [536] 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233917 times)
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 05:58:14 PM

somehow I can't feel sorry for these people who instantly want to dump their coins, right after the snapshot, first in line to dump. /clap /clap Smiley)

EXACTLY.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:58:56 PM

looks like 6000+ GBytes have been dumped since snapshot was taken

Don't worry as usual it happening right after this distribution big wallet holders dumped immediately without any mercy once this distribution will done than we have chance to get a stable price and more steady growth till than have fun.

Any big dumpers left? I'm waiting for my bid to be filled and I suck as a trader since I'm not patient.  Grin

Edit: Just got filled this minute. Didn't set it low enough. Oh well.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:01:12 PM

I have a question on creating private assets. I did so via the website Byteball.market and chose the option of auto destruct. My idea was that auto destroy happens when I send private tokens to my first address again (in which they were originally received after payment of Byteball.market). No such thing; upon sending to 2nd address and returning the same to 1st address, all private assets remained intact. Also sending these private tokens to the original wallet address used for paying Byteball.market in return for making these private assets does not 'destroy' these private assets.

Does anyone know more about creating and destroying these private assets?

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 06:09:01 PM

So I moved a lot of my coins 10 mins after snapshot and I did not receive any Airdrop from the moved coins.  I wasnt aware I had to let them in the wallet until the script/bot arrives at my linked positions and Airdrops me couple hours later. Really angry now and this is definitely NOT the definition of a "Snapshot". Be careful on future airdrops guys.

No, you moved your coins 10 mins after the full moon, but prior to the snapshot.

The snapshot was 'scheduled' for the full moon of 4:07 UTC, but the bitcoin block was solved at 4:20:40.  (The prior block was 3:57)
If you don't understand how bitcoin works, then a block is 'estimated' every 10 mins.  It is not exact timing, and therefor you can only estimate or schedule for it.

Many GByte dumpers tried to play the system to dump their gbytes before anyone else and simply got stung losing the 20% bonus; however, they sold at a higher rate.  Those that waited for the bonus and then sold ended up with a lower rate.  Basically ended up with about the same amount.   Those that got stung are those complaining that they didn't work the system in their favor and greed makes them angry and post accordingly.  It's the same thing that happens at every distribution.

Oh, and those same dumpers are upset when the price goes up in the following weeks that they should have held instead as the price jumps over what they sold at.
So, right now is the time to buy instead of sell.   You should sell just prior to the distribution and buy back just after.  You would make far more than the 20% bonus you were hoping to profit from and you avoid the race, greed, and anger.

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 06:23:44 PM

I agree but in their defense, it was posted in these forums multiple times prior. Considering you're reading the thread, you should have seen it as well. I'm also brand new to Byteball, but I actually follow what's said, so that's how I knew about it.

Who has time to sift through over 500 pages of BCT posts? The information is not clear in this wiki either. https://byteroll.com/airdrop These resources should be updated to be more clear that it is the 1st block after the full moon, not right on the full moon.

So, instead of reading, people post the same questions over and over again to bloat the thread.

They [byteball] can't say the first block, cause what if there is an issue and it's 2 blocks.  Then all the dumpers would complain again.
So, instead, it clearly says.....
"In the 7th round, which is scheduled for the full moon of July (July 9, 2017 at 04:07 UTC)"

It is SCHEDULED.   Bitcoin did not solve a block at that instant.  It was solved 13 mins later at:  04:20:40.
I am 'scheduled' to be at work daily at 8AM, but I never get there at exactly 8AM.

If the site said that it was AT the full moon, then there is reason to complain, but so would all the people that transferred bitcoin seconds prior with 'unconfirmed' balances and hope to get paid on different addresses at the same time.

Ranlo - Only just found out about Byteball.  I figured you would know about all the various coins.  Smiley

Eric Cartman

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:29:05 PM

looks like 6000+ GBytes have been dumped since snapshot was taken

Don't worry as usual it happening right after this distribution big wallet holders dumped immediately without any mercy once this distribution will done than we have chance to get a stable price and more steady growth till than have fun.

Hold until just before the next distribution, I think some people buy to get the 20% bonus and the price pumps, like happened in the last few days.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:43:14 PM

So I moved a lot of my coins 10 mins after snapshot and I did not receive any Airdrop from the moved coins.  I wasnt aware I had to let them in the wallet until the script/bot arrives at my linked positions and Airdrops me couple hours later. Really angry now and this is definitely NOT the definition of a "Snapshot". Be careful on future airdrops guys.

No, you moved your coins 10 mins after the full moon, but prior to the snapshot.

The snapshot was 'scheduled' for the full moon of 4:07 UTC, but the bitcoin block was solved at 4:20:40.  (The prior block was 3:57)
If you don't understand how bitcoin works, then a block is 'estimated' every 10 mins.  It is not exact timing, and therefor you can only estimate or schedule for it.

Many GByte dumpers tried to play the system to dump their gbytes before anyone else and simply got stung losing the 20% bonus; however, they sold at a higher rate.  Those that waited for the bonus and then sold ended up with a lower rate.  Basically ended up with about the same amount.   Those that got stung are those complaining that they didn't work the system in their favor and greed makes them angry and post accordingly.  It's the same thing that happens at every distribution.

Oh, and those same dumpers are upset when the price goes up in the following weeks that they should have held instead as the price jumps over what they sold at.
So, right now is the time to buy instead of sell.   You should sell just prior to the distribution and buy back just after.  You would make far more than the 20% bonus you were hoping to profit from and you avoid the race, greed, and anger.

The fact that it should be made clearer on the countdown page remains. And believe me I made my cut. Even without getting in on the Airdrop. Selling at 32 and getting back in at 23. Pretty good deal. Until next time!
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 16327

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 06:50:36 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2017, 07:18:52 PM by LoyceV

The fact that it should be made clearer on the countdown page remains. And believe me I made my cut. Even without getting in on the Airdrop. Selling at 32 and getting back in at 23. Pretty good deal. Until next time!
The information is the same for everybody. I think it's totally fine not to give exact details just to make speculation easier.
I've seen GBYTE up to 0.355 BTC yesterday, the profit from speculation can be bigger than the 20% airdrop. But that's speculation, and can go both ways.
Speculation and holding seems nicely balanced, and in the end both profit.

Tony, you don't talk much here, but again: thanks Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Gatekeeper

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:02:14 PM

very impressed with the price stability

(1470) <KLYE> But I was far too drunk to fuck a midget
(1470) <KLYE> I will fuck a chicken for 250 btc
LivingDeath

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:03:24 PM

Hi, I´m new to this. My wallet tells me:    "no byteball prefix"   when I open it.
What to do in this case?
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:05:36 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2017, 07:21:46 PM by bones261

I agree but in their defense, it was posted in these forums multiple times prior. Considering you're reading the thread, you should have seen it as well. I'm also brand new to Byteball, but I actually follow what's said, so that's how I knew about it.

Who has time to sift through over 500 pages of BCT posts? The information is not clear in this wiki either. https://byteroll.com/airdrop These resources should be updated to be more clear that it is the 1st block after the full moon, not right on the full moon.

So, instead of reading, people post the same questions over and over again to bloat the thread.

They [byteball] can't say the first block, cause what if there is an issue and it's 2 blocks.  Then all the dumpers would complain again.
So, instead, it clearly says.....
"In the 7th round, which is scheduled for the full moon of July (July 9, 2017 at 04:07 UTC)"

It is SCHEDULED.   Bitcoin did not solve a block at that instant.  It was solved 13 mins later at:  04:20:40.
I am 'scheduled' to be at work daily at 8AM, but I never get there at exactly 8AM.

If the site said that it was AT the full moon, then there is reason to complain, but so would all the people that transferred bitcoin seconds prior with 'unconfirmed' balances and hope to get paid on different addresses at the same time.

Ranlo - Only just found out about Byteball.  I figured you would know about all the various coins.  Smiley

All they need to do is add a few words that make it clear that the snapshot is of the next block solved after the full moon. It's not redundant information and gets rid of any ambiguity. Also, if I want to read 500 pages, I'll read a good novel, not a BCT thread. Furthermore, people coming into this thread and posting questions, even if they are redundant, should be welcomed. It demonstrates that there is new interest in the coin. I think it bodes well when people are friendly and answer the questions rather than tell them "google it" or "read 500 pages of this thread to find your answer."
How would you feel if you called customer service and the rep on the other end told you to "google it" or "read the 500 page instruction manual" and then hung up?
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:13:14 PM

Another profitable  strategy would be to just hodl and let the power of compound interest do the work for you
you will earn additional 26.25% a month Compounded
20% from the Gbytes + 6.25% from btc linked
(this doesnt even take into account the blackbytes which have a future value that has yet to be determined )
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:14:24 PM

Ya man, history always repeats itself... until it doesn't.

Portfolio management 101 pretty much forces you to keep selling a winner like GBYTE...
Any sophisticated portfolio might have 30-40 alts and a max concentration cap of 5-10% for any single alt...
So you are always selling off part of your winners... and building new, interesting positions. 

CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:14:29 PM

Hi is the issue of the Windows 64 Bit version crashing on Celeron processors resolved in the latest version? Or do we still need to use the 32 Bit version?

Thanks,

It's never crashed since I downloaded it and I'm using the 64 Bit version on a Celeron processor.

Well, the latest Win 64 Version version still crashes on my NUC PC with a Celeron processor. Back to using the 32 Bit version. It would be nice if this problem would be addressed sometime...

Intel releases cpu microcode updates, either for linux or with bios firmware:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26798/Linux-Processor-Microcode-Data-File?product=47511

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
c789

Activity: 850

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:22:21 PM

I've been trying to set up a Witness by following https://gitlab.com/snippets/1548253#L64 but I'm stuck.

1. I'm not clear on these instructions (from the link above):

The difference between a hub and relay is the exports.bServeAsHub = true or false, both a hub and relay
need a port, and a hub only needs a myUrl - which is advertised when talking with other peers on the network so they can discover you.

So if I want a Witness, is this configuration correct?

conf.js
Code:
exports.port = 6611;
exports.myUrl = 'wss://myIPaddressHere/bb';
exports.bServeAsHub = true;
exports.bSaveJointJson = true;
exports.bLight = false;

2. If a Witness gets 1/12 of transaction fees, where do I enter my Byteball address which collects the fees?

3. Do any other files besides the root conf.js need to be edited if I want to run a Witness (not counting the nginx files)?

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:34:45 PM

If I want to transfer my full wallet from my PC to my Mac.  What's the best way to do this? Is the only option to create a new wallet on my Mac and transfer the GBs? I'm guessing backup and restore won't work.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:36:05 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2017, 09:30:34 PM by bustedsynx

does the airdrop happen every month?
do i have to relink btc address to get further airdrops?
should i hold or sell coins?
thanks

Yes
no
dump
You're welcome

Don't ever sell your byteball until the next two years. It may soon beat bitcoin.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 07:37:32 PM

I think with a current price drop it's a great opportunity for lots of ppl to buy byteball.
Indeed.
Surprising to see you on this thread.  You usually don't talk favourably about altcoins.
I can't talk favourably about things that are outright scams, which constitutes 99% of the altcoins. Byteball passed my personal and harsh test.

Personally, I sold during the hype phase a week or so ago when it was >0.35BTC/GBYTE, then bought back in after the distribution.  Much more than 20% gain in bytes, and I managed to link my BTC into the distribution so I got bytes from that too.  I'm rolling in it rn.
That's one way of exploiting the dumpers/panic.

does the airdrop happen every month?
Every full moon.

do i have to relink btc address to get further airdrops?
No.

should i hold or sell coins?
Selling would be a mistake.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 07:43:43 PM

So, you would want to see the word 'Scheduled' in bold cause you didn't see it in a normal font color?

You can't make everyone happy all the time.  Keep making changes to be able to explain everything to everyone and you end up with a 50k page manual and a group of people to read and understand it.  Seems like Obamacare then and still no one is happy with it.

All previous documentation/discussion I can find for these airdrops suggests what you say applies to the bitcoin snapshot, but that the byteball snapshot is instantaneous

Ummmm, linking Bitcoin to Byteball for a distribution is..... Yes, a Bitcoin snapshot to verify Bitcoin balances to be paid Byteball based on Bitcoin.
The snapshot is NOT paying Byteball based on Byteball balance.  It is paying Byteball based on a Bitcoin balance and giving a Byteball bonus.

Dread

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:47:48 PM

how many rounds will be- 9 or more?

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
Pages: « 1 ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 [536] 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: