Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:53:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 [566] 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233948 times)
bcsuisse

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:28:32 PM

BTC  price has returned and even topped, but byteball Still at a very low level...

yes I am wondering the same, what the heck is going on with the byteball??

when I received my first BB the valuation was 200USD . so what are you guys talking about? low valuation at 500 usd???

Bitrated user: kentokyo.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptosecurity

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:38:49 PM

I enjoyed buying GBYTE at the recent lows. A lot of fun! I will be holding these for quite a long time.
I know nice things will happen with BYTEBALL. It's a new Bitcoin if you will. Smiley
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:59:02 AM

Ive read the whitepaper over.. couple things come to mind.

1. I cant help but get over the fact the "witness" nodes to me feel like "centralization", as-is mentioned ... trusted institutions, banks etc can becomes these nodes. Whats preventing a majority collection of "witness" nodes from rewriting history or manipulating stuff as they see fit? Seems like a huge shortcoming to a otherwise amazing cryptocoin =)

2. The analogy of "value/stability" in the upper portion of the whitepaper is completely incorrect. The document references bitcoin's volatility in fiat currency exchange and then turns right around and states something along the lines that "bytes" are required to pay for storage used in the DAG ... hence inherent value. Those are 2 completely different and unrelated value measurements.
If you are going to use the "fee of bytes" then you have to relate that to bitcoin's inherent tx cost in fees, btc is required to guarantee miners actually include your transaction in the blockchain. This has nothing to do w/ fiat exchange price.
When it comes to both crypto's(all cryptocoins for that matter) the fiat exchange price is derived from the same thing - If people see a use for it, they will buy it, causing rising prices... period end of story.

3. Does anyone find it ironic that obtaining the entire supply is FREE??? To me, that means theres no effort / competition in obtaining the supply, therefore its inherently not worth much. I realize it all comes down to if enough folks find it useful enough to justify the cost of purchasing more from an exchange ... but still. The advantages of this coin will have to blow away Bitcoin in nearly every aspect AND people will have to want to use it more.... for this coin to be successful, otherwise it will just end up being another 1 out of hundreds of alts that dont mean anything. Just my 2c

In the end, #1 is my most concerning question, if someone could answer it in a way that instills more confidence in the network, Ill stand behind this alt like none other. But if its easily compromised through the "witnesses" then there really is no point to this coin.
1. They cant rewrite history, other full nodes also maintain copies. Witnesses in majority-collusion can only stall the network, or stop their own replacement.

3. Effort and competition exists in receiving the supply, little effort to install the app, link btc, just like in first years of btc, install the software set it to mine. Anyone linking btc is competing with everyone else, more btc linked - less bytes for you. Which explains little why Byteball is not hyped, and the first rule of Byteball.

kilwar

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:12:52 AM

Hello, I'm trying to prove ownership of my Bitcoin address by signing my Byteball address but the transition bot doesn't respond after I enter my Bitcoin address.
Any suggestions?

not sure, i just added a new address, t.bot response was instant.

make sure u dont have a 'space' at the end of your address, maybe??

if we have more than 1 linked address do both get 'paid' or is it just the most recently verified address?

There's no space and it still doesn't respond.
johhnyUA
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1834

Crypto for the Crypto Throne!

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:43:39 AM

You mean actually using it for fast, near feeless transactions is not good enough ? I highly doubt that.

It's not enough because nobody needs it (for now). Be honest.
so i'm ask about better ways to keep price high and develop project

Once the distribution has been finished the dumping also ends, byteball will begin to take off and will never look back.

Do you really shink so? There too many people who keeps their byteballs only for next distribution. After distribution will be finished they will sell ALL their gbt. nuff said  Cry

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
cryptme

Activity: 166
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:19:06 AM

You mean actually using it for fast, near feeless transactions is not good enough ? I highly doubt that.

Once the distribution has been finished the dumping also ends, byteball will begin to take off and will never look back.

Do you really shink so? There too many people who keeps their byteballs only for next distribution. After distribution will be finished they will sell ALL their gbt. nuff said  Cry

we can't predict for sure the future value of byteball. Now we see almost predictable pricewaves as distribution goes on monthly.
BUT, after last round ends the coin will enter scarcity period, so no reason to dump it like crazy.
Then the development and features will give value to this coin. I have a good feeling about it, as development goes on in a very good pace and DAG might have a better usage than blockchains.

pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:28:20 AM

Do you really shink so? There too many people who keeps their byteballs only for next distribution. After distribution will be finished they will sell ALL their gbt. nuff said  Cry

Nobody needs it? Well I still see no crypto being used for daily small transactions, btc won't handle coffee payments and I don't see many coins that are this fast and cheap to send. This coin has huge potential and if it continues to grow / develop the same way it did for the past 6 months, I'm sure it won't dump as soon as it's distributed because there will be no other way of getting it beside buying, there's no staking, masternoding, mining it will be scarcer than any other coin I know. If you go by your logic, once BTC (or any other coin) stops the mining phase, it will be worthless ? No..

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:39:06 AM

My bitcoins have been in the coinbase vault for a couple of years. I don't think it is set to a real address. Is it possible for me to participate in the airdrop?

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16498

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 08:47:57 AM

My bitcoins have been in the coinbase vault for a couple of years. I don't think it is set to a real address. Is it possible for me to participate in the airdrop?
Withdraw your Bitcoins to an address you control, sign a message from there.
See [General] Bitcoin Wallets - Which, what, why? to choose a secure wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
stevebc

Activity: 209

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:17:47 AM

Withdraw your Bitcoins to an address you control, sign a message from there.
See [General] Bitcoin Wallets - Which, what, why? to choose a secure wallet.

Seconded, while the coinbase vault may by (at least in theory) more secure than having a regular balance, what happens if coinbase just disappears all together?  Get yourself a hardware wallet, it's a small price to pay for peace of mind.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:04:47 AM

electrum, coinimi &  blockchain.info all offer privkeys & signing/verifying
soros123

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 12:26:41 PM

@  Come-from-Beyond

the red ball showed  on the Byteball explorer  is your masterpiece

you want to attack and  destroy the Byteball network

but you failed

welcome more attacking

to help build a stronger Byteball network
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:39:27 PM

@  Come-from-Beyond

but you failed

welcome more attacking

If I wanted to destroy the network I wouldn't stop the "attack" to give time to fix the revealed issue. Thank you for welcoming more attacking, I'm going to repeat the previous testing scenario to see if the fix was 100% efficient. You are right, this will help to build a stronger Byteball network.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:30:36 PM

@  Come-from-Beyond

but you failed

welcome more attacking

If I wanted to destroy the network I wouldn't stop the "attack" to give time to fix the revealed issue. Thank you for welcoming more attacking, I'm going to repeat the previous testing scenario to see if the fix was 100% efficient. You are right, this will help to build a stronger Byteball network.

Your help to make Byteball's network stronger is highly appreciated!

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
ByteFan

Activity: 510
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:06:08 PM

@  Come-from-Beyond

but you failed

welcome more attacking

Your help to make Byteball's network stronger is highly appreciated!

Yeah, good work cfb!
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:11:37 PM

Do you really shink so? There too many people who keeps their byteballs only for next distribution. After distribution will be finished they will sell ALL their gbt. nuff said  Cry

we can't predict for sure the future value of byteball. Now we see almost predictable pricewaves as distribution goes on monthly.
BUT, after last round ends the coin will enter scarcity period, so no reason to dump it like crazy.
Then the development and features will give value to this coin. I have a good feeling about it, as development goes on in a very good pace and DAG might have a better usage than blockchains.

When the distribution ends the coin has to show that it has useful technology and constant, further development! Otherwise people will just dump it and never come back, no matter there is limited supply or not!
Alubert

Activity: 164

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:12:22 PM

When the distribution ends the coin has to show that it has useful technology and constant, further development! Otherwise people will just dump it and never come back, no matter there is limited supply or not!

So far, the development is quite active. I hope it will last.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:16:25 PM

@SatoNatomato

I need another node, this means another week of syncing, sorry for the delays, I'm not a very skilled Byteball user.

Try copying an existing full-synced full node's config folder and then importing a different seed phrase into it. That will change its device ID and save you a whole lot of time.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:22:23 PM

Try copying an existing full-synced full node's config folder and then importing a different seed phrase into it. That will change its device ID and save you a whole lot of time.

I tried, node refused to run saying something about only 1 wallet, probably, some data was stored in the DB.
HarryPorter

Activity: 609
Merit: 506

crypto = passion

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:47:05 PM

Nobody needs it? Well I still see no crypto being used for daily small transactions, btc won't handle coffee payments and I don't see many coins that are this fast and cheap to send. This coin has huge potential and if it continues to grow / develop the same way it did for the past 6 months, I'm sure it won't dump as soon as it's distributed because there will be no other way of getting it beside buying, there's no staking, masternoding, mining it will be scarcer than any other coin I know. If you go by your logic, once BTC (or any other coin) stops the mining phase, it will be worthless ? No..

let me know when ByteBall is able to make "coffee payments" and where, with love to going to use some coins to pay and drink coffee.

https://www.bitmex.com/app/register/XTo064 - enjoy a 10% fee discount for 6 months.
Pages: « 1 ... 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 [566] 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: