Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:13:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 [604] 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233954 times)
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:32:41 PM

am I will get airdrop too if I put my byteball on bittrex?

no you will not. they exclude exchanges from the airdrop. put it in your own wallet.

this change in distribution is the right decision. it's pointless giving it out to the same old people until they have all of it.

while so much is still in the developer's hands he should be doing everything he can to foster its use. and he is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Trollollo

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:37:45 PM

After August 7 we'll reach more than 50% distributed coins and will start a new phase of our distribution.

It was stated from day one that the purpose of this distribution is to get this coin into the hands of as many people as possible.  Both coins (bytes and blackbytes) are meant to be used as currencies, and this is only possible when there are many users and apps to interact with.  We already have a sizable community, a number of unique apps, and we are the only crypto project to have an app distribution platform (the Bot Store), but there is still a lot of room to grow in terms of user count, number of apps, and willingness of users to use these apps.

Up until now, we were distributing only to holders of BTC and Bytes, i.e. we were rewarding holding.  Now we are adding actual users into the mix, i.e. we are going to reward transactions.

To get you an idea of how we are going to do it, we are going to partner with several categories of companies:
- merchants
- payment processors
- "Bitcoin debit card" companies
and offer 10% cashback, paid in Bytes, for all qualifying purchases (no matter how the purchases are paid).  The cashback will be funded from the undistributed pool.  For example, a customer who bought for $100 receives $10 cashback in Bytes, paid to his Byteball address, at the current exchange rate.  For merchants, this is something that would drive sales and they would put effort into promoting the offer.  In competitive industries, a 10% cashback is a very powerful tool to lure customers.  For customers, this is a 10% discount (which matters a lot in some industries).  For Byteball, it is new users who will have to get involved into the system in order to receive the cashback.

A few companies have already expressed interest (not disclosing the names while it is a work in progress).

A few extensions of this offer:
- 20% cashback if the purchase is paid in bytes or blackbytes.  This would incentivize merchants to start accepting bytes and blackbytes, and the infrastructure will stay after the distribution ends.
- merchants can offer additional cashback to their customers.  Merchants fund it themselves by buying bytes from the market, and for every 1% funded by the merchant we add 1% more from the undistributed pool.

If you see similarity with existing loyalty points schemes, it is similar indeed.

At a minimum, we receive many new users who learn about Byteball from their merchants, plus working payment integrations.  And the users are not just crypto fans, it may be their first crypto coin for many users.  With the most user friendly wallet in the industry, we are in the best position to expand beyond the crypto village.

We can continue adding 10-20% to existing byte balances to incentivize keeping the received bytes before more infrastructure is built, rather than cashing out immediately.  

Two negative sides:
- the scheme is less transparent than plain adding on top of existing balances, and some share of fraud is inevitable.  Merchants might try to deceive us to receive coins for themselves by reporting nonexistent sales or selling to themselves.  This is mitigated by good choice of trustworthy merchants and our ability to disconnect any merchant at any time on suspicion of fraud.  Their customers can also try to find ways to abuse the system, again we'll require the merchants to prevent that by excluding some types of purchases, monitoring customers, enforcing caps, etc.  Additionally, if the merchant funds part of the cashback himself, he has skin in the game to counter the customer fraud.
- these new users are not holders for the most part, they are more likely to sell.  Not a big problem, the point is they already know about Byteball and it's easy for them to get back.  The new users are new to crypto, many of them won't use exchanges, and somebody will have to create new easier-to-use channels to fiat, which is positive for liquidity.  Also, 10%-20% monthly distributions discourage fast selling while the distribution is ongoing.  And lastly, the merchants who fund 50% of the cashback would partially balance the markets by buying coins.

On balance, I'm sure that these negatives are tolerable when we are going to achieve a vast expansion of our user base and acceptance at merchants.

For the current distribution round, nothing changes.

For the next distribution on September 6, we are changing the ratios in favor of Byte holders and slowing down the distribution to have more time to build out the cashback program:

BTC to Bytes: every 160 BTC gives you 1 GB from the distribution (or 0.00625 GB per BTC).
Bytes to Bytes: every 10 GB of existing balance gives you additional 1 GB from the distribution (in other words, +10% to existing balances).

Similar ratios for blackbytes.

For those who receive their first bytes from cashbacks, Sep 6 will be the first distribution when they receive +10%.

I'll make announcements as we add merchants in the cashback program.

To be honest this is the worst decision and it sucks.Price of byteball will fall now.I am out and dumping my gbytes now Cheesy

It is best decision of tonych. Just couple days ago I thought,that it was worst idea,to increase rewards up to 20%.
Tonych is really smart guy,and he made this platform for real world use,not only speculation.
I put my hat down tonych. You got my respect!

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:51:10 PM

Hi guys, this has probably been asked a dozen times.

I just got my trezor hardware today, can I claim airdrops with my BTCs stored in the trezor hardware?

There's a tutorial online that says it works, but is that a trezor dongle or web-based trezor, since the tutorial shows a web interface, or are they essentially the same thing. If they are how does byteball confirm my BTCs when my BTCs are stored offline.

Thanks in advance!

all you have to do is sign a message.

https://medium.com/byteball-help/tutorial-on-linking-trezor-wallet-to-byteball-account-via-signing-a-message-b4e390d7e1a8

Keep in mind that Trezor generates new addresses whenever you send and receive funds. You might have to identify these addresses that hold a balance and sign each one of them.
Cryptian

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:52:54 PM

am I will get airdrop too if I put my byteball on bittrex?

No you need to withdraw to your private wallet

Cryptian

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:00:10 PM

Also heads up Bittrex has basicly eliminated withdrawls for unverified accounts created after November 2016 (only 0.025 BTC per day).
You need to update to basic account to withdraw up to 3BTC

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:02:06 PM

I think the new distribution is a good idea for Byteball.
Dropping 0.065 Gbyte per Bitcoin just means that people who have nothing to do with Byteball and have no interest in it are getting $35 per linked Bitcoin.

They don't really care, it is just money being given to them for nothing, so that they can dump it for extra Bitcoin.  $3.50 is a fairer amount, $35 is lots of money, it means that whales are getting a monthly bonus of thousands of dollars.

The differential between the Bitcoin drop and the Byteball drop isn't/wasn't big enough, the price falls after the drop by enough that it isn't worth holding, on a short term basis.  I think the difference between 10% and 0.65% could be enough to make people feel like holding as the resulting drop will be only 10% the size it will be currently.

I think it could get ugly later after thge drop, the price is already down and hundreds of thousands of Gbyte are coming online to by dumped. Let's see what happens.
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:06:33 PM

Great update tonych,  you could even lower it to 5% for the last or last 2 distributions.
I mean, dump dump dump guys  Roll Eyes

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:09:38 PM

After August 7 we'll reach more than 50% distributed coins and will start a new phase of our distribution.

It was stated from day one that the purpose of this distribution is to get this coin into the hands of as many people as possible.  Both coins (bytes and blackbytes) are meant to be used as currencies, and this is only possible when there are many users and apps to interact with.  We already have a sizable community, a number of unique apps, and we are the only crypto project to have an app distribution platform (the Bot Store), but there is still a lot of room to grow in terms of user count, number of apps, and willingness of users to use these apps.

Up until now, we were distributing only to holders of BTC and Bytes, i.e. we were rewarding holding.  Now we are adding actual users into the mix, i.e. we are going to reward transactions.

To get you an idea of how we are going to do it, we are going to partner with several categories of companies:
- merchants
- payment processors
and offer 10% cashback, paid in Bytes, for all qualifying purchases (no matter how the purchases are paid).  The cashback will be funded from the undistributed pool.  For example, a customer who bought for $100 receives $10 cashback in Bytes, paid to his Byteball address, at the current exchange rate.  For merchants, this is something that would drive sales and they would put effort into promoting the offer.  In competitive industries, a 10% cashback is a very powerful tool to lure customers.  For customers, this is a 10% discount (which matters a lot in some industries).  For Byteball, it is new users who will have to get involved into the system in order to receive the cashback.

A few companies have already expressed interest (not disclosing the names while it is a work in progress).

- 20% cashback if the purchase is paid in bytes or blackbytes.  This would incentivize merchants to start accepting bytes and blackbytes, and the infrastructure will stay after the distribution ends.
- merchants can offer additional cashback to their customers.  Merchants fund it themselves by buying bytes from the market, and for every 1% funded by the merchant we add 1% more from the undistributed pool.

If you see similarity with existing loyalty points schemes, it is similar indeed.

At a minimum, we receive many new users who learn about Byteball from their merchants, plus working payment integrations.  And the users are not just crypto fans, it may be their first crypto coin for many users.  With the most user friendly wallet in the industry, we are in the best position to expand beyond the crypto village.

We can continue adding 10-20% to existing byte balances to incentivize keeping the received bytes before more infrastructure is built, rather than cashing out immediately.  

Two negative sides:
- the scheme is less transparent than plain adding on top of existing balances, and some share of fraud is inevitable.  Merchants might try to deceive us to receive coins for themselves by reporting nonexistent sales or selling to themselves.  This is mitigated by good choice of trustworthy merchants and our ability to disconnect any merchant at any time on suspicion of fraud.  Their customers can also try to find ways to abuse the system, again we'll require the merchants to prevent that by excluding some types of purchases, monitoring customers, enforcing caps, etc.  Additionally, if the merchant funds part of the cashback himself, he has skin in the game to counter the customer fraud.
- these new users are not holders for the most part, they are more likely to sell.  Not a big problem, the point is they already know about Byteball and it's easy for them to get back.  The new users are new to crypto, many of them won't use exchanges, and somebody will have to create new easier-to-use channels to fiat, which is positive for liquidity.  Also, 10%-20% monthly distributions discourage fast selling while the distribution is ongoing.  And lastly, the merchants who fund 50% of the cashback would partially balance the markets by buying coins.

On balance, I'm sure that these negatives are tolerable when we are going to achieve a vast expansion of our user base and acceptance at merchants.

For the next distribution on September 6, we are changing the ratios in favor of Byte holders and slowing down the distribution to have more time to build out the cashback program:

BTC to Bytes: every 160 BTC gives you 1 GB from the distribution (or 0.00625 GB per BTC).
Bytes to Bytes: every 10 GB of existing balance gives you additional 1 GB from the distribution (in other words, +10% to existing balances).

For those who receive their first bytes from cashbacks, Sep 6 will be the first distribution when they receive +10%.

I don't think these are bad ideas. However it isn't ever cool to change the rules half way through. People that have been accumulating bytes on the basis of the old rules may not be entirely happy about it.  

abonarea
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:10:04 PM

This is going to bring huge benefits to byteballs holders and it should be like this. People with lot of Bitcoin were hurting byteball's market. This change will have significant impact on the price from next distribution. We need to encourage people to buy or hold byteballs and this is serious attempt in right perspective. I like and second this new formula fully.
Cryptian

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:16:45 PM

Great news for Byteball holders Cheesy

It will be interesting to see what happens after this distribution round

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16545

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 02:20:03 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2017, 04:18:59 PM by LoyceV

I don't think these are bad ideas. However it isn't ever cool to change the rules half way through. People that have been accumulating bytes on the basis of the old rules may not be entirely happy about it.  
The distribution rules have changed before, and Tony never made it a secret he was going to change in favour of holding GBYTE.

- merchants
- payment processors
and offer 10% cashback, paid in Bytes, for all qualifying purchases (no matter how the purchases are paid).
Example: Say I'm new to this, and I buy a new phone from a merchant in the program. I pay $200 for the phone, and my merchant asks me to install a Byteball wallet? Is that how it will work?
This would fit perfectly in the idea of using Tokens as a loyalty scheme, but as a new user I wouldn't want to install software to receive anything after a purchase. And if I don't install the wallet, will the merchant get to keep the $20? Or will it never be paid out?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
evanuz

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:22:26 PM

- merchants
- payment processors

Two negative sides:

But imho it is the best for byteball future in order to spread its usage.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:24:26 PM

- merchants
- payment processors

Two negative sides:

I guess this is the reason why see dumping happen right now. For byteball holders this decrease in distribution is massiv and that's why they probably think it's not worth it anymore for the future rounds and just dump it into the market. After the airdrop that dump may increase. Maybe the price will go down to a level of 0.01/BTC.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16545

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 02:27:47 PM

Follow-up question:
I'm doing a $500 giveaway this month (on behalf of Rollin.io online casino). As far as I know none of the people who joined use Byteball yet. Would this qualify for the 10% cashback? I'd be happy to ask winners for their Byteball address and give them 10% extra in bytes. Other giveaway threads could do the same.
Could this qualify? It's not a purchase.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
newsfx24

Activity: 121

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:28:33 PM

i am join this bounty.FB & Twitter

C
Finally C is!!!
Hong Kong

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 02:31:32 PM

guys is it true that there is a DARKNET MARKET working solely with the support of Blackbytes?

if this is true I can see this competing with Bitcoin soon

Smiley !

Ridin the wave
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:56:59 PM

I guess this is the reason why see dumping happen right now. For byteball holders this decrease in distribution is massiv and that's why they probably think it's not worth it anymore for the future rounds and just dump it into the market. After the airdrop that dump may increase. Maybe the price will go down to a level of 0.01/BTC.

good. they're of absolutely no use to byteball's future success. doing everything now to increase real use is what will pay off in the end.
luvbeening

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:58:39 PM

well those unhappy bitcoin holders should think about to buy back Gbyte they sold now lol
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:01:00 PM

guys is it true that there is a DARKNET MARKET working solely with the support of Blackbytes?

if this is true I can see this competing with Bitcoin soon

Smiley !

Never have heard that before. Where you got that rumors from?
Any link or source you could share? Or is it some guy got told from another guy who now told you?! Cheesy
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:01:29 PM

Who has been accumulating bytes is now getting more of them because less coins goes to bitcoin holders.

It will only takes longer.
Pages: « 1 ... 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 [604] 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: