Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:05:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 [698] 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233954 times)
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:15:39 PM

Hi, I realise that the next distribution is not planned until November but I have recently moved my BTC to a Nano S and was looking to relink my ByteBall wallet to this new address.
When I chatted to the transition bot and told it my new address I got an error:

"Only P2PKH addresses are supported".

I am new to this, and am not technically gifted. I did a quick google search but didnt really understand what it all meant.
Can anyone explain what I need to do and if it is possible to still link my wallets to participate in the next airdrop.

Thanks again for your help.

You cannot use segwit addresses as at this time it is not possible to sign messages with segwit addresses. Legacy btc addresses only.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Seeder

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:19:25 PM

Today Is Crypto Is Currency Day!
September 29, 2017cryptoiscurrency

Today Is Crypto Is Currency Day

Today is the day!

If you believe that the future of cryptocurrencies is people around the world being able to use them AS currencies, then join us today in putting your belief into action.

Check out OpenBazaar and buy something awesome with your favorite cryptocurrency! Version 2.0 is a major update of the marketplace and we think you’ll love the new experience of shopping with your favorite cryptocurrencies via the integrated wallet and Shapeshift. Check out this short video for how you can use multiple coins with OpenBazaar.

Next, make sure to follow and support our great partners around the web! See 8 Ways You Can Participate In Crypto Is Currency Day and get all of their information on their linked partner pages below:

Airbitz
BitMaker
Blockchain
Coin Center
Dash
Monero
Shapeshift
Unocoin
Xapo
Yours
Zcash

https://cryptoiscurrency.com/2017/09/29/today-crypto-currency-day/

Where's Byteball?

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
███████    ████████    ████████   ██
███████      ██████      ██████    ███
██████        ████        ████    ████
█████    ██    ██    ██    ██    █████
████    ████        ████        ██████
██    ██████      ██████      ██████
██   ████████    ████████    ███████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████▄                 ▄███████████▄
█  ▄  ▄  █                 █  ▄  ▄  ▄  █
█  ▀  ▀  █                 █  ▀  ▀  ▀  █
▀████▄ ██▀                 ▀██ ▄███████▀
    ▀███                     ███▀
         █████████████████▄
         █▄▄▄             ▀█
          █▄               █
           ▀█              █
            █  ▄▀▀▄  ▄▀▀▄  █
      ▄██   █  ▀▄▄▀  ▀▄▄▀  █    ██▄
 ▄████▀ ██▄ █              █  ▄██ ▀████▄
 █  ▄  ▄  █ █              █  █  ▄  ▄  █
 █  ▀  ▀  █ ▀█       ▄▄▀  █▀  █  ▀  ▀  █
 ▀████████▀  ▀█▄        ▄█▀   ▀████████▀
               ▀████████▀
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀      ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█▀▀            ▀█▀▀█▀            ▀▀█▄
▄█                ▄▀▀▄                █▄
█                ▄▀  ▀▄                █

█                     
█                     
█████████  ██████████████ 
█       █  █            █ 
███████████████  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
█             █            █ 
█  █████████  █  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
██████████████        █            █ 
█            ███████  █  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █        █            █ 
█            ███████████████▐▌  █  █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █             █       █ 
█            █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █▐▌  █  █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █       █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █       █ 
█    ████    █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █       █ 
█    █  █    █             █       █ 
████████████████████████████████████████

[ Whitepaper ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Twitter ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ LinkedIn ]

romec1701

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:21:21 PM

OK, so a Segwit address is what a Nano is? And I would need to put my BTC back on my computer to participate in the airdrop. That is a great shame, as I really dont want to do that (or incur the high fees moving it there and back just for some free currency.)

I guess GBYTE has lost a supporter with this move and I will be selling my GBYTE holdings (not that I personally will make one jot of difference to the project overall) but I think it's pretty shortsighted of the developer of this coin to not support this other form of BTC address in the links. I was advised to move my holdings to a Nano because it was safer...

Hi, I realise that the next distribution is not planned until November but I have recently moved my BTC to a Nano S and was looking to relink my ByteBall wallet to this new address.

I am new to this, and am not technically gifted. I did a quick google search but didnt really understand what it all meant.
Can anyone explain what I need to do and if it is possible to still link my wallets to participate in the next airdrop.

You cannot use segwit addresses as at this time it is not possible to sign messages with segwit addresses. Legacy btc addresses only.

jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:28:59 PM

OK, so a Segwit address is what a Nano is? And I would need to put my BTC back on my computer to participate in the airdrop. That is a great shame, as I really dont want to do that (or incur the high fees moving it there and back just for some free currency.)

I guess GBYTE has lost a supporter with this move and I will be selling my GBYTE holdings (not that I personally will make one jot of difference to the project overall) but I think it's pretty shortsighted of the developer of this coin to not support this other form of BTC address in the links. I was advised to move my holdings to a Nano because it was safer...

It is not the developer of Byteball. The new segwit btc addresses are not compatible with signing messages at this time. It has nothing to do with Byteball. It has to do with btc segwit protocol.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
romec1701

Activity: 157

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:30:25 PM

It is not the developer of Byteball. The new segwit btc addresses are not compatible with signing messages at this time. It has nothing to do with Byteball. It has to do with btc segwit protocol.

Oh, I see. My apologies for jumping to conclusions and thank you for your advice and putting me straight. Do you advise I move my funds then, or is this likely to be sorted out at some point soon?

jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:45:37 PM

Oh, I see. My apologies for jumping to conclusions and thank you for your advice and putting me straight. Do you advise I move my funds then, or is this likely to be sorted out at some point soon?

No because the byteball btc airdrop amounts are so low now as to be virtually worthless. I had 3 btc linked. The airdrop before last I got over $60 worth of byteballs. The airdrop value was reduced to 10% of the last one so the last airdrop I got less than $6. With the drop in byteball value I would get around $4 now. Not worth my trouble to keep my btc in a legacy account. Only if you have hundreds or thousands of linked btc would the airdrop be worthwhile to you in the future.

bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:15:26 PM

Surest sign that Byteball bottomed out already. Imagine it is more costly to link your btc addresses to your byteball address than to straight up buy from an exchange.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 04:16:43 PM

Surest sign that Byteball bottomed out already. Imagine it is more costly to link your btc addresses to your byteball address than to straight up buy from an exchange.

I don't think it reached bottom yet, you can quote me after the 4th, my guess is that's when the bottom will hit.

bitcoinnewsindo

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:23:51 PM

I don't think it reached bottom yet, you can quote me after the 4th, my guess is that's when the bottom will hit.
before the 4th it will be at the lowest possible breakout price
so be prepared for a byteball bagholder below as much

vatusasid

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:51:04 PM

before the 4th it will be at the lowest possible breakout price
so be prepared for a byteball bagholder below as much

I think the price is consolidating at the moment. After some good news, the price will rise again.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:21:17 PM

What is the official statement regarding airdrops?

We should be told now how many coins are going to be airdropped versus reserved for other forms of distribution.

Still will be roughly 38% left after this next airdrop.

If they kept up the airdrops regularly we could plan when the supply will start to dry up.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 06:57:40 PM

Betting bot added to the Bot Store

The bot is trustless for backers (works via smart contracts) and trustful for layers who want to make the markets.

Developer: Freefactomizer

Now 8 out of 17 bots in the store are by independent developers.  Who will make it to 50%?

Simplicity is beauty
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:27:54 PM

Nice work

another bot to collection
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:39:27 PM

The bot is trustless for backers (works via smart contracts) and trustful for layers who want to make the markets.

Now 8 out of 17 bots in the store are by independent developers.  Who will make it to 50%?

Nice, the more independent devs the better for the system. GJ

HCP
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4316

<insert witty quote here>

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:48:03 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2023, 08:37:37 AM by HCP

OK, so a Segwit address is what a Nano is? And I would need to put my BTC back on my computer to participate in the airdrop.
A Nano only uses SegWit addresses if you set it up that way... And generally only of you're using the Ledger Chrome wallet... You can fairly easily set it up to use the "Legacy" addresses... But you will need to transfer your coins to those addresses of you want to use the Nano and participate in the drop...

You probably see something like this:

When you start it up, it should ask if you want to use "BTC" or "BCH" and then ask if you want "Legacy" or "SegWit".

If it didn't, click on the "Settings" at the top...

Then select Blockchains:

Select BTC:

Select Legacy:

And then you should be in the "Legacy" wallet with "Legacy" Bitcoin addresses:

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:18:41 PM

Now that someone has mentioned the word Nano, do you think that Byteball can/will ever be supported also on Ledger Nano or Trezor?
s1lverbox
Legendary

Merit: 1039

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:20:24 PM

Now that someone has mentioned the word Nano, do you think that Byteball can/will ever be supported also on Ledger Nano or Trezor?

Trezor said NO! Already asked. Dont know about Nano
peschi

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:21:25 PM

It would be great to have a Ledger Nano Support! But I think it will take some time to bring Byteball to a hardware wallet, because of its DAG chain.

BTCWagering

Activity: 292
Merit: 256

BTCWagering.com

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 01:22:10 AM

Now 8 out of 17 bots in the store are by independent developers.  Who will make it to 50%?

This is massive news!

I've been anticipating exactly this as a catalyst for the price and project.

Anyone on the sidelines waiting to buy I would say now is the time. No other crypto project has sports betting as easy as this.
Karartma1
Legendary

Merit: 1422

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:06:54 AM

No way!  Grin Now I know how to lose all of my byteballs eventually.
Joking aside, I think the betting bot is a truly great add. I mean this coin has so much than meets the eye. It's only a matter of time before many more people will realize its potential.
Glad to started getting byteballs since the very first airdrop. Keep up the good work all of you
Pages: « 1 ... 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 [698] 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: