Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:01:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 [704] 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233954 times)
jackfruit

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:34:41 AM

Lost pretty much everything with 7x price drop. This was one of the worst choice for investors in the last 6 months. This airdrop system was simply stupid and it prepared coins end slowly. Even if there was a price pull-up, I don’t think it would make a significant difference.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mining_spaceship

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:58:53 AM

Lost pretty much everything with 7x price drop. This was one of the worst choice for investors in the last 6 months. This airdrop system was simply stupid and it prepared coins end slowly. Even if there was a price pull-up, I don’t think it would make a significant difference.
I hope you have not invested what you can't afford to lose, because if you have to close your position, it's a terrible loss. But in the long term, fundamentals are what counts, right?

Just make sure you're not investing in fairy tales, and everything will be fine.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 05:35:07 AM

Will there be an October distribution round?

Read the first post on the first page.
Read the website (byteball.org)
Search the thread on the same question.

Short answer - No.

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 05:47:23 AM

Sorry to jump in but haven’t been following this thread for awhile. I’ve bought some coins in order to join airdrops couple of months ago. Price has been plummet since then. What happened? Did I miss something here? Something possibly big?

That sucks.  You could always make it worse by selling now and the price then jumps.  A lot of people did that with (insert your favorite alt coin here).

The price has tanked a bit too much now, not clear what's going on. Will blackbytes follow in the downtrend?

Blackbytes is stable, but likely cause it's traded mostly against byteball.
As for the price tank, it's what scares people, but may be the good time to buy.
- Just think about Bitcoin... was at $5k, then dropped $1k.  people thinking they should buy, but then continued to fall to $3k.  Definately people purchased but most feared it was going to continue to fall so didn't buy even then.  Now those people are mad they didn't buy as it's gone up $1300 of that.   Basically, no one knows.  I haven't sold any, but then again, I haven't bought either.  Just like everyone else, I have no clue.  Smiley

Ouch.  The key thing here is that you made a choice.  It could have easily turned out the other way and sky rocketed in value and you would have thought it was the best thing to have made.  Just think of all the people that simply do nothing.  I still have friends waiting to buy bitcoin ---- If only bitcoin would drop back down to $33 (they bought silver instead when bitcoin hit parity).   Wait, what has silver done in the last 5 years?   :p

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 05:58:14 AM

I keep getting an error message. I download the latest version, but after a week or two same problem keeps recurring.

I have seen this issue many times.  Mainly two causes (that I know of).

One is that you could be using the wallet on two different devices.  Did you move from one computer/device to another?

Two did you restore a backup that was prior to having received blackbytes or transactions where as the restored copy doesn't know of a transaction you made after the backup was made?

Sounds strange, but you can keep reopening the wallet and the error may go away / bypass.   Once synced, you may have an issue with private payments syncing.

In worse case, you can do a restore from seed and recover the normal bytes.  As for blackbytes, you can't do those with the seed method.  Also, since you are running a full node, it makes it a little more difficult because it must be allowed to sync up.

It appears that you have 10GBB, so you may only care for the estimated 5GB that you may have.  Can't tell because of the popup.  Your time may best be suited simply recovering the regular bytes and losing the blackbytes, but again, I can't see cause of the popup.

You're welcome to send me the wallet and I will recover most, if not all, of your funds.  Also, I would recommend you (or me) convert to a lite wallet unless you have a specific reason for running a full node.

jhannlenris

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:07:26 AM

Byteball is moving away from dropping based on Coin (bitcoin or altcoin) holdings.  It's moved to benefit people that actually have Byteball. And that is really a great step! I am holding Byteball since many months, good that this will be more rewarded than holding another coin.
It would be great if they change the distribution model to benefit the Long-Term Holder, maybe 10% for Coins holding longer than a month, that will decrease the dump every time.

If I am right, the percentage for gbyte holder is 10%. I hold 8 gbyte yesterday and right now I have 0.8 gbyte. Not a big amount but I will still holding. I believe in this cryptocurrency. Hope that after the airdrop, you guys will have more time to develop and the coin will have more space to grow stronger
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 06:14:37 AM

Hey Michail1,

Saw on the slack that you are going to take a break from Byteball slack due to the continued price collapse and want to invest your time differently.

Just want to let u know I have enjoyed many of your postings here and on slack, and believe you are right in your analyses that Byteball is a great coin and has good chance to go up a lot in the future.

Hope you succeed in hodling and see u back soon.

Take care and thanks so much for all your great posts!!!  Smiley

Smiley  Thanks for the post.

Yeah, figured I need a break and spend my time, if only a little, more wisely.  Not getting my own things done, so I need to take a break.  Of course, here I am still answering others - heh  (Mostly via direct messages though).   My fav messages are from those people that are mad at me about the price drop, and I get to respond that I am not a part of byteball (dev or member or employee) and freely get to tell them to screw off as if I control the price.

Also, yes, I am a Hodler.  I have never sold any bytes or blackbytes -- yet (although I have given many away) .

It would be great if they change the distribution model to benefit the Long-Term Holder, maybe 10% for Coins holding longer than a month, that will decrease the dump every time.

If I am right, the percentage for gbyte holder is 10%. I hold 8 gbyte yesterday and right now I have 0.8 gbyte. Not a big amount but I will still holding. I believe in this cryptocurrency. Hope that after the airdrop, you guys will have more time to develop and the coin will have more space to grow stronger

Good idea.  More difficult to change now that distributions are pretty set.  I think it's more stable to keep a single method than to change month to month though.

Yes, it is 10%.   No bank pays 10% (nearly) monthly.  No one really wants money in the bank anyway (even if banks were paying 10% monthly) - Just ask the people in Cyprus (and other countries) about the money they had in the bank.  Smiley

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:32:33 AM

I will share also my thought about BB.

Let's start from TA for GB. There is no such thing like technical a. Simple reason is "to many free money" in hands of big ones and greedy ones.
Until GB holds value and it still above 200$ there will be someone to dump.

There is no such thing like "oversold" for GB. Reason above.

Now for future:
Once airdrops will be back i think we need about 2 to 3 months to get back people and theirs money.
Next airdrop will not bring any significant price rise as people found hard way there is no airdrop this month so "why should i care"....
Once airdrops will be back, we will see first month slow move and volume up. But there will be still people waiting for any pump to dump their coins so be prepared.
It will be like at the beggining of BB. It took 4-5 month to get to ATH because of people and that they pay attention.

Once we will have second month people will wait for next one and next one and then we should see price rise and possibly new ATH.

If in mean timei there will be some good news this should help even more to move the price up.

Bitcoin was dying so many times.....
Good post but I'd respectfully disagree about not being able to do TA. Absolutely you can do TA on byteball. Or at least I can, I'm quite happy with placement of trend lines on my chart.  Cool

Byteball is still in a clear bear market I'd say, and remained so even during the all time high. No doubt this is due to the extreme high inflation with monthly distribution (dumping) of coins into the market which was, especially in the first months, deposited largely to weak hands. However I am not criticizing the distribution method. It is what it is and you have to start somewhere and get the coins distributed. I view this method as much much better than via an ICO which was one of the things that drew me to this project in the first place.

Anyway, I think dynamics will change now in interesting and potentially more bullish ways. For a start byteball is becoming more scarce. Because its gone down in value there is less incentive to cash in free money, coupled with that the amount given to linked bitcoin holders is drastically reduced, so that means the incentive to sell and the amount that can be sold (by the weaker hand bitcoin holders) are all reduced. On top of all that there is no distribution this month causing scarcity of supply for this month which adds to what I already described.

While there are still a lot of byteball to be distributed, I think that now they will mainly go to invested byteball holders with much smaller portion to the bitcoin holders. ie more of these holders will probably be stronger hands. So yes there will be continued downward pressure while distributions are still inflating the supply on the market but for reasons I stated I think this will be less than before.

Aside from those observations on a technical level byteball looks oversold even within its bearish trend.

These are all reasons why I've been buying, not to mention that I think the technology is amongst the most interesting I've seen.

Excellent recap guys. This is what it is now. Weaker hands are selling their free coins. If bagholders would have dumped their coins this coin could be already dead. But it's far from dead. Tonych slowly releases new features and other devs keep adding bots to the store. As I've already said I've jumped in at the beginning and will try to be here as long as possible.
Volume will come, BTC bullish trend gets all the attention right now
wry

Activity: 288
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:33:00 AM

Yeah, figured I need a break and spend my time, if only a little, more wisely.  Not getting my own things done, so I need to take a break.  Of course, here I am still answering others - heh  (Mostly via direct messages though).   My fav messages are from those people that are mad at me about the price drop, and I get to respond that I am not a part of byteball (dev or member or employee) and freely get to tell them to screw off as if I control the price.

I want to say thank you as well for all your work and help in this thread.  You were a consistent voice of reason and assistance.  I hope you can return soon.  Good luck with the other RL projects!

Bitvest.io - Plinko Dice & More Gambling Site - Play/Invest - Amazing chat rewards!  Click now, thank me later!
Bitvest is a no?  Give Stake! a go! Good Luck!
Seeder

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:02:04 AM

Sorry to jump in but haven’t been following this thread for awhile. I’ve bought some coins in order to join airdrops couple of months ago. Price has been plummet since then. What happened? Did I miss something here? Something possibly big?
The developers prefer to deal with gimmicks instead of generating real demand for this coin.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
███████    ████████    ████████   ██
███████      ██████      ██████    ███
██████        ████        ████    ████
█████    ██    ██    ██    ██    █████
████    ████        ████        ██████
██    ██████      ██████      ██████
██   ████████    ████████    ███████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████▄                 ▄███████████▄
█  ▄  ▄  █                 █  ▄  ▄  ▄  █
█  ▀  ▀  █                 █  ▀  ▀  ▀  █
▀████▄ ██▀                 ▀██ ▄███████▀
    ▀███                     ███▀
         █████████████████▄
         █▄▄▄             ▀█
          █▄               █
           ▀█              █
            █  ▄▀▀▄  ▄▀▀▄  █
      ▄██   █  ▀▄▄▀  ▀▄▄▀  █    ██▄
 ▄████▀ ██▄ █              █  ▄██ ▀████▄
 █  ▄  ▄  █ █              █  █  ▄  ▄  █
 █  ▀  ▀  █ ▀█       ▄▄▀  █▀  █  ▀  ▀  █
 ▀████████▀  ▀█▄        ▄█▀   ▀████████▀
               ▀████████▀
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀      ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█▀▀            ▀█▀▀█▀            ▀▀█▄
▄█                ▄▀▀▄                █▄
█                ▄▀  ▀▄                █

█                     
█                     
█████████  ██████████████ 
█       █  █            █ 
███████████████  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
█             █            █ 
█  █████████  █  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
██████████████        █            █ 
█            ███████  █  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █        █            █ 
█            ███████████████▐▌  █  █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █             █       █ 
█            █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █▐▌  █  █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █       █ 
█    ████    █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █       █ 
█    █  █    █             █       █ 
████████████████████████████████████████

[ Whitepaper ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Twitter ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ LinkedIn ]

avirdoz
Legendary

Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:14:33 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2017, 08:32:44 AM by avirdoz

Syncing is stuck at 9/17/17. Version 1.10.1 Windows 7 x64. Maybe someone has easy solution?
Upd. It's not stuck it's very slow. I wait 10 minutes and it synced from 9/17/17 8:37 PM to PM 9/17/17 8:45 PM
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:30:34 AM

No you missed nothing. The technology is fine. No bugs.Also inside the community no scandals or drama.
It's still the distribution phase and probably some big whales keeping the price low and accumulate for another crazy pump far in the future (several months from now I would guess).
So it's all about having strong hands and patience. The price will very likely move up and pump in the future. But it' won't be tomorrow or next week.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16548

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 08:32:15 AM

That sucks.  You could always make it worse by selling now and the price then jumps.  A lot of people did that with (insert your favorite alt coin here).
It still hurts seeing the price drop, but I see no reason to sell now. It already lost most of it's value, I took most of the pain, and the remaining possible value it can loss is much less than what it can potentially gain. So I'm holding my bytes.
Most altcoins have dropped very hard in price during their existence, and most of them went up much more than they dropped again. Lately, almost all altcoins dropped a lot, and Byteball is no exception.
It was to be expected anyway, after many altcoins went up thousands of percents in just months. Byteball did the same.

The same happened to my other airdropped altcoin, Stellar Lumens. I'm still holding those too. I could end up a bag holder on both, as some altcoins literally disappear, but I trust both Lumens and Bytes enough to believe in the projects.

I always consider price drops part of the game where whoever drops the price wants to get my coins cheaper. Since I realized that, I stopped panic selling. I only sell small amounts when it's up high enough. That allows me to take some profit, without risking ending up feeling like the people who sold all their Bitcoins when it hit $0.50.

Not so long people here in chat were predicting 1 GBYTE to be worth 16 Bitcoin at some point. What happened to that confidence?

I hold 8 gbyte yesterday and right now I have 0.8 gbyte. Not a big amount but I will still holding. I believe in this cryptocurrency. Hope that after the airdrop, you guys will have more time to develop and the coin will have more space to grow stronger
So you sold 90%? That's not what "holding" means.

The developers prefer to deal with gimmicks instead of generating real demand for this coin.
Tony trusts a good product sells itself. To read all updates, just check Tonych's post history.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pxrunes

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

https://lucky.byte-ball.com

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 08:52:52 AM

I keep getting an error message. I download the latest version, but after a week or two same problem keeps recurring.

easy to get it fixed:

right click on the message
click "inspect"
choose the html element
right click and click "delete element"
after that everything works fine. you can restart without any problem now.

Seeder

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:15:24 AM

Tony trusts a good product sells itself.
A good product would be if I could exchange Bytes and Blackbytes(!) directly with €uro, USD... within the Byteball app.

A good product would be it if I and numerous other merchants on Open Bazaar could exchange my goods for Blackbytes.

It would simply be a good product if you could really use this product beyond gambling.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

█████████████████▄
         █▄▄▄             ▀█
          █▄               █
           ▀█              █
            █  ▄▀▀▄  ▄▀▀▄  █
               ▀████████▀

█                     
█                     

o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:30:44 AM

How complex can byteball contracts be?

Im wanting to do something like
- have 4 people pay x to address y
- 2 people win so release from address y z amounts of funds each.

Can byteball contracts do this from 1 address or would i need to do multiple addresses in pairs of 2 to release?

Im thinking more team sports where team a plays b. Each pays but release to winning team individually from contract address. so its all on chain not site controlled to prevent thefts etc.

nice plagerism to bump your signature campaign count. ive reported it to moderators. im sure you have lots more.
for others see

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.msg21456751;topicseen#msg21456751

this was my exact word for word question with the final comment can tonych comment please.

i wish sig campaigns were banned people like you just generate spam without any real contribution.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16548

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 09:31:38 AM

A good product would be if I could exchange Bytes and Blackbytes(!) directly with €uro, USD... within the Byteball app.
If those are your wishes, Blackbytes are not for you. Fiat-conversions undo any privacy you have with Blackbytes.
You can't seriously expect the Byteball wallet to have an exchange ready with all banks on earth.

A good product would be it if I and numerous other merchants on Open Bazaar could exchange my goods for Blackbytes.
Have you contacted Open Bazaar for this? They're the ones who can implement this.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:05:33 AM

Can byteball contracts do this from 1 address or would i need to do multiple addresses in pairs of 2 to release?

Im thinking more team sports where team a plays b. Each pays but release to winning team individually from contract address. so its all on chain not site controlled to prevent thefts etc.

nice plagerism to bump your signature campaign count. ive reported it to moderators. im sure you have lots more.
for others see

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.msg21456751;topicseen#msg21456751

this was my exact word for word question with the final comment can tonych comment please.

i wish sig campaigns were banned people like you just generate spam without any real contribution.

Nice catch, he'll lose the bounty for the sig campaign, fuck these people. Hope you reported him to the sig campaign of the ICO or coin he's advertising for and not to the forum mods.

o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:25:25 AM

for others see

Nice catch, he'll lose the bounty for the sig campaign, fuck these people. Hope you reported him to the sig campaign of the ICO or coin he's advertising for and not to the forum mods.

so he should as he is stealing others content for being paid. its lazy, shameful and dishonest. you know where i can find this spectre campaign manager? i searched but only found old one. ive screenshotted it so they arent getting away with it.
Seeder

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:31:26 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2017, 12:58:43 PM by Seeder

If those are your wishes, Blackbytes are not for you. Fiat-conversions undo any privacy you have with Blackbytes.
You can't seriously expect the Byteball wallet to have an exchange ready with all banks on earth.

Have you contacted Open Bazaar for this? They're the ones who can implement this.
1. Take a look at BISQ.
What this program can do could also be Byteball. Compared to BISQ, the Byteball App would only need to concentrate on Bytes and Blackbytes.

2. The Open Bazaar developers seek to work with the developers of other coins to integrate their currency.
Monero, ZCash and DASH are already cooperating. They see the potential of a cooperation.
Where's Byteball with his Bytes and Blackbytes? The integration of the latter in particular is likely to be very exciting. It's not impossible.

"The open mind finds a solution to every problem, the closed mind finds a problem for every solution."
Albert Einstein

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

█████████████████▄
         █▄▄▄             ▀█
          █▄               █
           ▀█              █
            █  ▄▀▀▄  ▄▀▀▄  █
               ▀████████▀

█                     
█                     

Pages: « 1 ... 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 [704] 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: