Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:10:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 [707] 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233948 times)
Malek17

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:49:04 PM

may be airdrops should be at random dates with random percentage like this month airdrop 5% next month 8% following month 15%...etc that way nobody will ask when the airdrop is and nobody will dump their coins only normal selling and buying of the coin

Well, this idea is quite brilliant actually, but it can be improved. You could also split the airdrops in more little pieces so that sometimes all monthly airdrop comes in one day while other months it is slip up to X number of mini-airdrops. This way people wouldn't be able to play the speculation game even after having got the monthly airdrop Smiley

This idea wont work.

Tonych want distribute coins fairly between holders and btc holders.
That means % which distribution happens must match amount of btc in total.
So thats why random 8% or 5% would not work.

please go to byetaball.org and read how distribution is calculated.
Its not random % , all is done to match btc cap.
what you saying doesn't make sense dropping 5% this month and 15% next month it like dropping 10% this month and 10% next month at the end of the day you will get the same amount,random airdrops is just to keep people from buying before airdrop and dumping just after the airdrop,if the airdrop is at random dates the price will be much more stable and the coin grow in a healthy way rather than in an artificial way.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:23:46 PM

may be airdrops should be at random dates with random percentage like this month airdrop 5% next month 8% following month 15%...etc that way nobody will ask when the airdrop is and nobody will dump their coins only normal selling and buying of the coin

Well, this idea is quite brilliant actually, but it can be improved. You could also split the airdrops in more little pieces so that sometimes all monthly airdrop comes in one day while other months it is slip up to X number of mini-airdrops. This way people wouldn't be able to play the speculation game even after having got the monthly airdrop Smiley

This idea wont work.

what you saying doesn't make sense dropping 5% this month and 15% next month it like dropping 10% this month and 10% next month at the end of the day you will get the same amount,random airdrops is just to keep people from buying before airdrop and dumping just after the airdrop,if the airdrop is at random dates the price will be much more stable and the coin grow in a healthy way rather than in an artificial way.

Please research instead talking nonsense. I am telling you that amount of % for gbyte holders cannot be random because of airdrop and btc cap. ask in slack if you dont believe.
Malek17

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:28:35 PM

This idea wont work.

Please research instead talking nonsense. I am telling you that amount of % for gbyte holders cannot be random because of airdrop and btc cap. ask in slack if you dont believe.

not body said anything about airdroping randomly to GB Holders what we're talking here is about random dates instead of airdropping every full moon you can airdrop at different dates that not body knows except Tonych of course for example you can airdrop the coin now then after 3 weeks then after a month and half....etc
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:30:25 PM

This idea wont work.

not body said anything about airdroping randomly to GB Holders what we're talking here is about random dates instead of airdropping every full moon you can airdrop at different dates that not body knows except Tonych of course for example you can airdrop the coin now then after 3 weeks then after a month and half....etc

And whats that gonna help? dump will happen one way or another. Research explorer and look for yourself that big holders from top 100 didint dumped. so most likely noobs and weak hands dumping  like crazy.
dates and random airdrops not going to help.
Malek17

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:49:15 PM

This idea wont work.

And whats that gonna help? dump will happen one way or another. Research explorer and look for yourself that big holders from top 100 didint dumped. so most likely noobs and weak hands dumping  like crazy.
That will eliminate price Volatility before ad after the airdrop and stabilize the price of Byteball and let it grow in a healthy way than an artificial way say for example Tonych announce today that there is a 20% airdrop next week i guarantee the price of Byteball will double then fall again after the airdrop but if he doesn't announce the date and percentage of the airdrop at all the price will remain stable and if there any increase it will be a healthy increase not an artificial one.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 11:39:12 PM

This idea wont work.

Agree with last comment from silverbox.

No matter how you spin it, it is a lot of new coins entering the market (almost) every month, if demand (or user adoption say) doesn't also increase a corresponding amount then prices fall by normal free market dynamics. This is what we are seeing

However if you look at market cap, it hasn't dropped nearly as much as price, although it has dropped a bit, but I take that to be a positive signal that byteball as a whole is maintaining its value to an extent.

There are some nuances to how the coins are distributed in terms of supply and demand though, whether people are keen to cash in straight away or hodl. I suspect that many of the big bitcoin holders who benefited more from earlier airdrops were quick to sell their bytes, seeing it as free money to cash in, (although that wasn't the case for me). This means supply was high and demand for byteball was lower.

However the  distribution rules have now changed and bitcoin holders will get 10 times less in each airdrop than previously. So now the incentive is changing so that existing byteball holders may hodl their airdropped coins in order to benefit from compounding interest on their byteball holdings. Presumably people that hold byteball longer term are more likely to be believers in byteball. This means the supply rate will drop compared to previously and demand increase.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out with high interest gained by hodling versus selling quick before the supply increases. I think the scales might be tipping towards hodling being the better option.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 11:42:46 PM

That will eliminate price Volatility before ad after the airdrop and stabilize the price of Byteball and let it grow in a healthy way than an artificial way say for example Tonych announce today that there is a 20% airdrop next week i guarantee the price of Byteball will double then fall again after the airdrop but if he doesn't announce the date and percentage of the airdrop at all the price will remain stable and if there any increase it will be a healthy increase not an artificial one.

I hadn't heard that. Its interesting. Not on a full moon either! Last full moon felt a bit strange not to be expecting a payout.
cryptocortex

Activity: 73
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:45:17 AM

It's a bit too late for such a drastic change. However, I agree it's a good idea. It's something to be explored by future projects choosing to go through the airdrop way.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
phantailaptopbl

Activity: 147

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 06:12:24 AM

Gbyte need to work something to help it increase, i bought it 2 months ago, but now i lost 2/3 monney Sad, so sad. https://phantailaptop.vn hope Byteball will have a marketing campaign or big event in this month

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
harvw

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:50:21 AM

What is the latest version of the wallet? Is it v1.10.1?

The beginning of a new era.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16498

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 06:51:48 AM

dont know if thats a problem. hiring 10 developers would make more sense to make the price fly. gui developers are crusial i think.
Yesterday I received Stellar's Stellar.org October 2017 Newsletter in my email. Today Stellar Lumens went up 36% (in dollars)!
Byteball could do this too: use the airdrop to promote leaving your email address for a newsletter. Tony often posts updates in this thread, but the number of new posts make it harder to see the important announcements.

say for example Tonych announce today that there is a 20% airdrop next week i guarantee
I stopped reading at "i guarantee". You can't guarantee anything.

As far as I know, Tony never made any promises on the price. Tony wants as many people as possible to install the Byteball wallet. That's the goal, value comes from having many users, it's not the initial goal.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Seeder

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:13:34 AM

@Malek17
Of course you're right, but don't expect the dumpers to be enthusiastic about such a change in the rules.

Even more useful would be a small daily distribution to random addresses. This would increase the suspense at each holder of bytes and, since the byte capacity is only slowly increasing, guarantee that the bytes are not sold.

Gbyte need to work something to help it increase, i bought it 2 months ago, but now i lost 2/3 monney Sad, so sad. https://phantailaptop.vn hope Byteball will have a marketing campaign or big event in this month
Byteball needs only one thing: Options that make this currency usable. But obviously the developers in charge have no interest in it.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
███████    ████████    ████████   ██
███████      ██████      ██████    ███
██████        ████        ████    ████
█████    ██    ██    ██    ██    █████
████    ████        ████        ██████
██    ██████      ██████      ██████
██   ████████    ████████    ███████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████▄                 ▄███████████▄
█  ▄  ▄  █                 █  ▄  ▄  ▄  █
█  ▀  ▀  █                 █  ▀  ▀  ▀  █
▀████▄ ██▀                 ▀██ ▄███████▀
    ▀███                     ███▀
         █████████████████▄
         █▄▄▄             ▀█
          █▄               █
           ▀█              █
            █  ▄▀▀▄  ▄▀▀▄  █
      ▄██   █  ▀▄▄▀  ▀▄▄▀  █    ██▄
 ▄████▀ ██▄ █              █  ▄██ ▀████▄
 █  ▄  ▄  █ █              █  █  ▄  ▄  █
 █  ▀  ▀  █ ▀█       ▄▄▀  █▀  █  ▀  ▀  █
 ▀████████▀  ▀█▄        ▄█▀   ▀████████▀
               ▀████████▀
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀      ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█▀▀            ▀█▀▀█▀            ▀▀█▄
▄█                ▄▀▀▄                █▄
█                ▄▀  ▀▄                █

█                     
█                     
█████████  ██████████████ 
█       █  █            █ 
███████████████  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
█             █            █ 
█  █████████  █  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
██████████████        █            █ 
█            ███████  █  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █        █            █ 
█            ███████████████▐▌  █  █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █             █       █ 
█            █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █▐▌  █  █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █       █ 
█    ████    █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █       █ 
█    █  █    █             █       █ 
████████████████████████████████████████

[ Whitepaper ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Twitter ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ LinkedIn ]

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 07:25:39 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2017, 08:14:34 AM by Hyena

We should get Changelly to integrate Byteball. I'm building a really ambitious game that only accepts Byteball, so naturally buying bytes should be made really simple somehow.

edit:
never mind, they have already integrated GBYTE, that's awesome!

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Malek17

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:45:16 AM

dont know if thats a problem. hiring 10 developers would make more sense to make the price fly. gui developers are crusial i think.
Yesterday I received Stellar's Stellar.org October 2017 Newsletter in my email. Today Stellar Lumens went up 36% (in dollars)!
Byteball could do this too: use the airdrop to promote leaving your email address for a newsletter. Tony often posts updates in this thread, but the number of new posts make it harder to see the important announcements.

say for example Tonych announce today that there is a 20% airdrop next week i guarantee
I stopped reading at "i guarantee". You can't guarantee anything.

As far as I know, Tony never made any promises on the price. Tony wants as many people as possible to install the Byteball wallet. That's the goal, value comes from having many users, it's not the initial goal.
I guess that called prejudice you should finish what you reading before you make up your mind on something and comment on it or as they say understanding the question is half the answer not body was talking about tonych guaranting any price what it meant that the price will be very volatile.
Seeder

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:00:55 AM

We should get Changelly to integrate Byteball. I'm building a really ambitious game that only accepts Byteball, so naturally buying bytes should be made really simple somehow.
It should rather be developed an app that allows the direct exchange of €uro, USD... in Bytes and Blackbytes.
How to do this is only a matter of looking at BISQ.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████████
███████    ████████    ████████   ██
███████      ██████      ██████    ███
██████        ████        ████    ████
█████    ██    ██    ██    ██    █████
████    ████        ████        ██████
██    ██████      ██████      ██████
██   ████████    ████████    ███████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████▄                 ▄███████████▄
█  ▄  ▄  █                 █  ▄  ▄  ▄  █
█  ▀  ▀  █                 █  ▀  ▀  ▀  █
▀████▄ ██▀                 ▀██ ▄███████▀
    ▀███                     ███▀
         █████████████████▄
         █▄▄▄             ▀█
          █▄               █
           ▀█              █
            █  ▄▀▀▄  ▄▀▀▄  █
      ▄██   █  ▀▄▄▀  ▀▄▄▀  █    ██▄
 ▄████▀ ██▄ █              █  ▄██ ▀████▄
 █  ▄  ▄  █ █              █  █  ▄  ▄  █
 █  ▀  ▀  █ ▀█       ▄▄▀  █▀  █  ▀  ▀  █
 ▀████████▀  ▀█▄        ▄█▀   ▀████████▀
               ▀████████▀
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀      ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█▀▀            ▀█▀▀█▀            ▀▀█▄
▄█                ▄▀▀▄                █▄
█                ▄▀  ▀▄                █

█                     
█                     
█████████  ██████████████ 
█       █  █            █ 
███████████████  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
█             █            █ 
█  █████████  █  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
██████████████        █            █ 
█            ███████  █  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █        █            █ 
█            ███████████████▐▌  █  █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █             █       █ 
█    ████    █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █       █ 
█    █  █    █             █       █ 
████████████████████████████████████████

[ Whitepaper ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Twitter ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ LinkedIn ]

PavMiner82

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:20:29 AM

Hello! I'm trying to start using the Byteball wallet, downloaded it both on my Mac and Windows 10 PC, but it only starts syncing for around 1 minute and then shuts down (I chose full chain download). Please, help me with this issue. Thank you
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:35:26 AM

Hello! I'm trying to start using the Byteball wallet, downloaded it both on my Mac and Windows 10 PC, but it only starts syncing for around 1 minute and then shuts down (I chose full chain download). Please, help me with this issue. Thank you

Please try the light wallet option because in Byteball a full wallet hasn't any advantage for users, it's mostly for developers.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
PavMiner82

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:38:29 AM

ok, thanks!
starboyshuvo

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:22:44 PM

how can i sell blackbytes? and can anyone tell me whats the worth of 1979627546 black bytes?
Neon~

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:36:25 PM

how can i sell blackbytes? and can anyone tell me whats the worth of 1979627546 black bytes?
I think there are couple of chat bots in the wallet that works as BBYTES exchange. You can check out the bot store for more details.
Pages: « 1 ... 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 [707] 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: