Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:35:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 [711] 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233954 times)
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:45:56 PM

Lol. Peeps  need to calm the fuk down. Btfd and wait 6 months for distro to be done. You'll see. Quote me  Cheesy

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:48:43 PM

Why is IOTA market cap so much higher than Byteball?  I realize that Byteball inflation rate is high since most of the distribution is occurring this year, but still..  Undecided

Perhaps airdrops on coins other than bitcoin should be considered? (Ethereum, Monero, Waves)  Even small airdrops will raise awareness.. anything to get people to try Byteball.

Lol. Peeps  need to calm the fuk down. Btfd and wait 6 months for distro to be done. You'll see. Quote me  Cheesy

Completely agree.  I have accepted that price will be suppressed during the distribution phase.  I have no problem with this because I will be hodling long time, and we should want the people dumping their airdrops to get low price.
JK47XdeCrypT

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:01:19 PM

The more people will use the wallet and understand the advantages of byteball the better. Hence the merchants are indeed a good idea.

What is missing though is more Marketing and adoption. So that people actually talk about it. This coins is likely ONE OF THE BIGGEST successes in 2017 - yet it is hardly talked about. More us tech guys know about it.

I believe in Tony and that longterm the price will be up again, for sure in coming weeks as we get closer to the full moon.
byteball3r

Activity: 89
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:03:17 PM

How many GB have been paid out in the cash back program so far?
valr

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:24:37 PM

How many GB have been paid out in the cash back program so far?

Here is the quote from Tony on the cashback address -

Cashbacks will come from this address https://explorer.byteball.org/#TU3Q44S6H2WXTGQO6BZAGWFKKJCF7Q3W

You can keep tabs on the # of cashback transactions and the amounts.
saruyama

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:21:33 AM

The more people will use the wallet and understand the advantages of byteball the better. Hence the merchants are indeed a good idea.

What is missing though is more Marketing and adoption. So that people actually talk about it. This coins is likely ONE OF THE BIGGEST successes in 2017 - yet it is hardly talked about. More us tech guys know about it.

I believe in Tony and that longterm the price will be up again, for sure in coming weeks as we get closer to the full moon.

I was a big believer of this project. But when I used other wallets of Ark, PIVX and Decred, I stopped believing in Byteball wallet's superiority. Yes, the chatbot function is nice. But that cannot be enough to think Byteball should be in top 30 or 50 crypto.

Blackbytes may have some advantage in privacy, but PIVX's zPIV looks better in terms of ease of use, as far as I can tell.

Maybe it's just I don't fully appreciate technical attractiveness of Byteball, but for the time being, I am comfortable with investing in other nice projects. When price uptrend is back, I may come back to buy some bytes , though.
carlosmg

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:53:31 AM

I was a big believer of this project. But when I used other wallets of Ark, PIVX and Decred, I stopped believing in Byteball wallet's superiority. Yes, the chatbot function is nice. But that cannot be enough to think Byteball should be in top 30 or 50 crypto.

Blackbytes may have some advantage in privacy, but PIVX's zPIV looks better in terms of ease of use, as far as I can tell.

Maybe it's just I don't fully appreciate technical attractiveness of Byteball, but for the time being, I am comfortable with investing in other nice projects. When price uptrend is back, I may come back to buy some bytes , though.
I'm sorry to tell you that the superiority of a cryptocurrency depends on the protocol, not on the wallet.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:10:05 AM

Who'da eva thunk that a coin that raced to one third of Bitcoin's price would have gone down like this? /s

It was about as obvious that those prices wouldn't be maintained as it was with ZCash's.
Janeath33

Activity: 65

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:17:21 AM

What do you mean by "allow access to the private keys to official wallet"?

It is impossible to export private key in testnet..we can just import key..if wallet crash how can us restor it ?..privat key is an security allowing export fonds..so plan yu to allow this fonctionality in official wallet.

Unlike Bitcoin, private key in Byteball is not enough to restore access to funds.  Hence, to avoid giving false sense of security, I removed the export function.

happy friday to all frds

tonych can u explain what is the recovery easy system will be for final official wallet ..

need easy 1-2-3 steps to acces byteballs and send them ...

Two options:
1. (crazy) back up the app's data folder (e.g. on windows C:\users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Byteball test).  You'll have to do that every time you send or receive blackbytes or any other private asset.
2. (practical) set up a multisig wallet with redundancy on two or more devices.  E.g. 1-of-2 on desktop+smartphone.  If one of the devices fails, you still can spend the funds from the other device.

I know this is not secure - but how about a real time back-up solution like owncloud/dropbox for this?
Use https://mega.nz/ - end-to-end encryption with auto sync (set app's data folder) and free 50GB cloud storage Cheesy
Thanks so much !!!!
Neon~

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:15:12 AM

Anyone here tried moving from a full client to a lite client in their machine? Is there an option in lite client to restore the wallet from a full backup made in a full client?
Yes, there are several ways to accomplish that.
No, you can't directly restore from a full node (full backup) to a light wallet; however, you can restore from seed to a lite wallet.   This will convert to a light wallet, but only the bytes.  In order to move the blackbytes, you will have to move them from the full node wallet first to a temporary wallet along with some bytes to pay for the transaction to move them again to your newly restored light wallet.

Thanks for the reply. Will keep running the full node for now, till I face any storage space issues.
saruyama

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:34:34 AM

I'm sorry to tell you that the superiority of a cryptocurrency depends on the protocol, not on the wallet.

I am well aware of that, but still the wallet is what people interact with when cryptocurrency is used. And I am saying that Byteball wallet alone cannot be a great selling point when there are other wonderful wallets available.
Coiner_

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:33:56 AM

So, are you going to sell me your bytes.  Seems like you don't want them.  Smiley
Why should I do that? There is a good chance that something will come of it.
However, I will not change a single €uro to Bytes. As much as I'd like to.
So you're only complaining because your free Bytes went down in value?
No, I'm complaining that the community is so uncritical.
I complain that the necessary steps will not be taken to really use this coin.
I complain about the fact that there is no roadmap out of which one can see in which direction this project should go, and therefore I may be wasting my time waiting in vain for this currency to finally be usable.

In fact, in my opinion there is nothing better than Byteball. That's why my fundamental and constructive criticism is based on this, and I would like to point out what is necessary to bring this project forward.

I would also like to see what the competition has partly understood here.
Unfortunately, there is no approach where this can be seen.

You complain because you can. I've been popping in and out of this thread and I see the same, almost entirely vapid complaints from you over and over again. If not for the fact that you were not in a sig campaign, I'd be 100% certain you were posting just for that.
pxrunes

Activity: 80

https://lucky.byte-ball.com

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 08:38:06 AM

Short Report from the Weekly Jackpot at LuckyBytes :

Ends in: 5 Days
Jackpot now at:
1585 MB
Tickets sold: 65
Price of 1 Ticket: 11 MB

I'm surprised that there were only 65 Tickets sold yet. Only 65 Tickets for such a huge prize! Hopefully in the future we can have such high initial values again, but be aware that this 1 GB inital bonus might be a one-time, opening celebration thing  Smiley

Join LuckyBytes from your Botstore (last item in the list), or check out the website: https://lucky.byte-ball.com

ByteFan

Activity: 510
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:20:01 AM

[reminder]

Announcing BEEB - Blackbytes Escrow Exchange Bot - web front end.

Instant-buy and sell batches of Blackbytes 24h/24h, 7 days a week.
(you don't need to find a peer anymore: the bot is the peer!)
Trading blackbytes on BEEB is anonymous.

Includes:
Blackbytes price and volume graphical history,
24h volume,
current best ask,
detailed help menu,
API interface to Blackbytes prices and market history.

Support: https://byteball.slack.com/ #beeb channel
jukKas

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:24:21 AM

Short Report from the Weekly Jackpot at LuckyBytes :

Ends in: 5 Days
Jackpot now at:
1585 MB
Tickets sold: 65
Price of 1 Ticket: 11 MB

I'm surprised that there were only 65 Tickets sold yet. Only 65 Tickets for such a huge prize! Hopefully in the future we can have such high initial values again, but be aware that this 1 GB inital bonus might be a one-time, opening celebration thing  Smiley

Join LuckyBytes from your Botstore (last item in the list), or check out the website: https://lucky.byte-ball.com

Hi! Can I ask what's the point of LuckyBytes? Is it just like trustless lottery or something?

Thanks

Bitcoin
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:26:24 AM

I feel like this project is kinda underappreciated. I've tried out byteball myself and everything is extremely intuitive and it is a much better concept than at least 90% of the coins out there above byteball in terms of market cap.

I'm sure once people realize the potential of conditional payments, they'll jump on ship too.

Benezim

Activity: 420
Merit: 142

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 09:44:47 AM

A lot of things have already been achieved in Byteball, but a few things need to be addressed from my perspective

+ It’s on one of the big exchanges
+ Wallet GUI (accessible for non-tech savvy) and flawless chat bots
+ Wallet available on multiple platforms (Windows, Mac, linux, iOS, android)
+ Conditional payments
+ Wide distribution from the start of the project (BTC link)

Then, there are a few items that might need to be addressed moving forward
- Marketing of the coin and the entire (non-technical) communication part, e.g. what is unique in BB, use cases. Many of these topics are addressed in the whitepaper or explained somewhere in this thread, but fancy graphics reach a wider audience that whitepapers.
- Further development of the coin & roadmap: Why not actively involve the community in conceptualizing the development of this coin? Award bounties for new use cases. Stimulate interest in this coin with a sound vision.
- Loyalty of community: We saw a lot of dumping after the initial airdrops, Other products reward holders / exclude dumpers for upcoming airdrops. It’s been mentioned before, why not speeding up the distribution to avoid further price dumps (which scare off investors)

Just a few thoughts from my end.
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:58:14 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 03:48:57 PM by naska21

Imo, no further energy should be put into this cashback program. Who cares about some restaurant somewhere in the middle of nowhere... Unless you can have some BIG partners (unlikely) not worth it imo.
Take a couple extra % of the GBYTE distribution, hire some extra people and do something BIG (roadmap).

You find the complete merchant list in our wiki here: https://wiki.byteball.org/cashback#merchants

The choice for byteball is either to attract the myriads of mickey-mouse businesses (even bitcoin did not manage it so far) or a few big names like MacDonald's, Plaza Hotel, Uber, Alibaba etc.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:27:04 PM

A lot of things have already been achieved in Byteball, but a few things need to be addressed from my perspective

+ Conditional payments

- Marketing of the coin and the entire (non-technical) communication part, e.g. what is unique in BB, use cases. Many of these topics are addressed in the whitepaper or explained somewhere in this thread, but fancy graphics reach a wider audience that whitepapers.
- Further development of the coin & roadmap: Why not actively involve the community in conceptualizing the development of this coin? Award bounties for new use cases. Stimulate interest in this coin with a sound vision.
- Loyalty of community: We saw a lot of dumping after the initial airdrops, Other products reward holders / exclude dumpers for upcoming airdrops. It’s been mentioned before, why not speeding up the distribution to avoid further price dumps (which scare off investors)

Good recap, thanks. Rome was not built in a day. I will wait until the distribution ends to start worrying about my bytes and blackbytes. I see many applications being developed by new people here and slowly a growing adoption in terms of bytes payments. It’s about time and I am confident tonych has done us a great gift
btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:37:26 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 06:00:31 PM by btcdee

+ Conditional payments

This is an excellent summary. I like your idea for excluding heavy dumpers in future airdrops though it might be impossible to enforce. In-wallet trading/bot payments are very much encouraged and may not be distinguishable.
Pages: « 1 ... 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 [711] 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: