Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:37:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 [739] 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233954 times)
BuyingFast

Activity: 230
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:49:40 AM

Distribution of Bytes is now finished.
61,299.720840161 GB distributed
645,222.052937914 GB is available supply after the distribution.

Distribution of blackbytes will start in a few hours and will take a few days, be patient.  I'll post here when it is complete.

I'll decide and announce the plans for future distribution around mid-November.  But it is already certain that we skip the December full moon.  The purpose of the free distribution is in acquiring new users, and we should use the remaining undistributed coins most efficiently.  That's why we are slowing down the distribution and gradually phasing out the method based on balances, which is not expected to produce much positive impact any more.  Cashback has already proved more efficient in terms of cost of user acquisition, albeit it is still slow.  Other product updates linked to the distribution are still in the making but not certain enough to speak about them now, I expect more certainty in the middle of November.

Tony, you need to make it clear what's going to happen, and at what time, with all the distributions that are left. You can't just decide whenever you feel like it. Trust goes down even more.

You also need to stick with whatever you're deciding.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:33:09 AM

Distribution of Bytes is now finished.
61,299.720840161 GB distributed
645,222.052937914 GB is available supply after the distribution.

Distribution of blackbytes will start in a few hours and will take a few days, be patient.  I'll post here when it is complete.

I'll decide and announce the plans for future distribution around mid-November.  But it is already certain that we skip the December full moon.  The purpose of the free distribution is in acquiring new users, and we should use the remaining undistributed coins most efficiently.  That's why we are slowing down the distribution and gradually phasing out the method based on balances, which is not expected to produce much positive impact any more.  Cashback has already proved more efficient in terms of cost of user acquisition, albeit it is still slow.  Other product updates linked to the distribution are still in the making but not certain enough to speak about them now, I expect more certainty in the middle of November.

Tony, you need to make it clear what's going to happen, and at what time, with all the distributions that are left. You can't just decide whenever you feel like it. Trust goes down even more.

You also need to stick with whatever you're deciding.

he always has. did you not read page 1 that says he reserves the right to change the distribution amounts, times and methods. its others including yourself that overlooked that text and decided thats how he’ll do it. read.... read... read before making such misinformed statements.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:04:58 PM

where I can find a good calculator to see how much I can earn with each airdrop from byte ball?
I never used this system Sad unfortunately I have lost a lot Sad without claiming

The transistion bot tells you what you receive in Bytes and Blackbytes based on the linked Bitcoins and your owned Bytes. It also tells you what you get for each owned GB and for each linked BTC. It is pretty easy to find out with simple math.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:10:00 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 12:29:16 PM by cryptohunter

People crying about distribution are so hypocrite, it's mind-blowing. They're all greedy like all others but don't bring anything to the table except noise and uninteresting discussions. Why do you guys even reply to them ?

There is no free lunch. If you're still poor after years in crypto there is no reason it'll ever change and that's not a distribution problem : you are the problem.

says the dumb ass who called out eth as a scam going nowhere before launch ( the others that will misinform you)

I see you involved in most scams here (not that byteball is a scam) i see now you have dumped your iota sack since that is not listed in your sig.

The clear negatives of a distributional model like this are all t0o apparent now.. it is irrelevant whether the person pointing out the obvious is a btc whale or not. The observable events can not be altered regardless. The market price for this will be in the hands of very few people who grabbed most of it for nothing and compounded what they got on the first distribution. That is never a good way to start a trustless decentralised project.

There is no doubt that instead of giving the huge bulk of bb to opposing projects, and exchanges was not a good idea since now we need to do a total 180 degree on what was stated and what more than likely people invested in bb on the basis of.

There is no reasonable defense of this distributional model so far.

Now having said that I think BB will succeed and go on to be a top 10 project but now it is going to take lot longer and take a lot more effort.

When I see things that make no sense from a person that is obviously very smart I also get very suspicious. The fact he was never open to discussion nor any kind of movement on this distributional model makes me believe he was very motivated to see it go like this. Of course I do suspect tonych is indeed a btc whale too but that is just speculation and I have no issues with devs being highly motivated for their own project anyway within reason.

CorePrime95

Activity: 190
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:49:34 PM

But why do you see the whales as potential enemies of BB? If I was a whale of BB, I would want the price to go up and not down
bitjoin

Activity: 1372
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:17:32 PM

How long do confirmations take for byteball, is there anywhere i can view the transactions confirming?

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:26:57 PM

But why do you see the whales as potential enemies of BB? If I was a whale of BB, I would want the price to go up and not down

What if every new alt was given mostly to whales for free with no need to risk any of their bitcoin stash?

Even in a fair ICO whales must risk their btc stash to get a whale share of the tokens.

Whales should get the same as everyone else not automatic whale shares in all future projects for free. The very notion of this is ludicrous.

It is probably the most unfair distributional model other than a full on scam

It is not as simple as you think either. If a coin is not distributed well and there are super whales these whales control and make the market. Even if there eventual game is for higher prices they can cause huge periods of crushingly low prices and then super peaks when ever they want it is impossible to trade against them really. It is not natural well distributed market forces it is simply the will of a handful of people. Their will is to extract as much wealth from everyone else including other holders of their same alt project by market making.

I don't see how we are even debating this is a good way to distribute i mean it is clearly not a good way at all.

Same for these BTC forks they are simply a way for the btc whales to get free whale shares in every new alt (these forks are alts until they become the
prime btc)

I don't see bb as a scam i just see it a great piece of work hampered by a crazy model for distribution that just keeps getting more and more insane. You will end up annoying those now that bought BB from the market place counting on an air drop on full moons that now get a 90% hair cut on their btc and no more airdrops. The reason for this air drop culling is because we need the coins for development. So we piss of genuined investors because we gave most of it to our competition and exchanges and the super rich that should have been forced to buy these huge chunks of bb but got it for free and dont need to buy in now.

This is full crazy from all angles. People will not want to invest on the basis of holding for airdrops so even less incentive to invest now.

I await a masterplan or ace up the sleeve where this entire distributional model all makes perfect sense. Since no doubt tony must have had a reason for this path.

Having said all of that - this is still a CLEAR buy at these prices and I am picking up more.

The ico process looks like a winner and if atomic exchanges are possible then this is totally undervalued even with the madness of the distribution.

Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 01:41:10 PM

where I can find a good calculator to see how much I can earn with each airdrop from byte ball?
I never used this system Sad unfortunately I have lost a lot Sad without claiming

There is no way a calculator can figure it out, since the numbers you would be feeding it would all be guess work.
If such a real calculator existed, then everyone and no one would make money.

You didn't lose anything since you didn't try or consider getting anything.  You simply missed out.  There is always someone later than you.

Exactly.   Holders never want the price to go down --- unless it temporary because they want to pick some more up

How long do confirmations take for byteball, is there anywhere i can view the transactions confirming?

It's not a set time.
So, sometimes it's minute apart, and sometimes 15.   Just guessing.
Would be nice to see a stats page.  Might already exist, and if so, I would like to see it.  (Link anyone?)

bitjoin

Activity: 1372
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:55:28 PM

Can anyone confirm that they've been able to deposit byteball into bittrex today? i sent mine couple hours ago and wallet says confirm but nothing on exchange.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:52:13 PM

Another distribution, another drop but proportionally smaller compared to the previous ones. As many others I don't understand why people keep complaining about the distribution model, lack of progresses etc. etc. etc.
This coin was a gift for all BTC holders: tonych did not ask anything to us.
Please go whining somewhere else
wiseye

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:14:14 PM

Another distribution, another drop but proportionally smaller compared to the previous ones. As many others I don't understand why people keep complaining about the distribution model, lack of progresses etc. etc. etc.
This coin was a gift for all BTC holders: tonych did not ask anything to us.
Please go whining somewhere else
You're right! Tony is entirely for the sake of dreams, for a great product!
Coiner_

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:39:23 PM

I thought I agreed with you but the more I read your posts the more I wonder what you're even arguing about and your motivation for it.

What if every new alt was given mostly to whales for free with no need to risk any of their bitcoin stash?

You say this like the non-whales were under different rules for this airdrop. And you're aware that if these whales actually decided to "risk" their BTC, the rise and drop (assuming they're actually responsible) would be far more spectacular, right?

Even in a fair ICO whales must risk their btc stash to get a whale share of the tokens.

As do non-whales. Your point?

Whales should get the same as everyone else not automatic whale shares in all future projects for free. The very notion of this is ludicrous.

Er, no they "shouldn't". The airdrop presented equal opportunity not forced equal outcomes. The former is reasonable and the latter is what is ludicrous.

Really? A surprisingly fair distribution model is unfair to you because "whales and stuff..."?

It is not as simple as you think either. If a coin is not distributed well and there are super whales these whales control and make the market. Even if there eventual game is for higher prices they can cause huge periods of crushingly low prices and then super peaks when ever they want it is impossible to trade against them really. It is not natural well distributed market forces it is simply the will of a handful of people. Their will is to extract as much wealth from everyone else including other holders of their same alt project by market making.

Didn't Michail1 and ECB above say something like the top holders haven't really changed since the distribution started? You forget the fact that it's very easy to get people to sell off their stuff simply by putting up a fake sell wall.

I don't see how we are even debating this is a good way to distribute i mean it is clearly not a good way at all.

And your alternative is what exactly? Ban everyone holding more than 1BTC/16GB from the airdrop?

Same for these BTC forks they are simply a way for the btc whales to get free whale shares in every new alt (these forks are alts until they become the
prime btc)

This applies to everyone holding BTC! The card-stacking is laughable. You keep trying to focus so much on what "the btc whales get" like every other person does not have a chance to get the same thing.
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:50:56 PM

Now we have the first real-world project that chose Byteball as a platform for their ICO.

It is TitanCoin: http://titan-coin.com/en/

That ICO did not trigger demand for Gbyte so far and the price is in further fall. All wanna bitcoin.  But lets keep a hope.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:35:21 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 05:46:14 PM by cryptohunter

I thought I agreed with you but the more I read your posts the more I wonder what you're even arguing about and your motivation for it.

You say this like the non-whales were under different rules for this airdrop. And you're aware that if these whales actually decided to "risk" their BTC, the rise and drop (assuming they're actually responsible) would be far more spectacular, right?

As do non-whales. Your point?

Er, no they "shouldn't". The airdrop presented equal opportunity not forced equal outcomes. The former is reasonable and the latter is what is ludicrous.

Really? A surprisingly fair distribution model is unfair to you because "whales and stuff..."?

Didn't Michail1 and ECB above say something like the top holders haven't really changed since the distribution started? You forget the fact that it's very easy to get people to sell off their stuff simply by putting up a fake sell wall.

And your alternative is what exactly? Ban everyone holding more than 1BTC/16GB from the airdrop?

prime btc)

This applies to everyone holding BTC! The card-stacking is laughable. You keep trying to focus so much on what "the btc whales get" like every other person does not have a chance to get the same thing.

Sorry but honestly and not to be rude your replies illustrate you have not understood my points at all and your rebuttals (if that is what they are meant to be) are unanswerable since they make little sense to start with. Please re-read what I have written think about it further and then have another try.

Motive is irrelevant. Try to understand that when you present observable events the motivation for presentation is of no matter.

Fact is if you had a whale stash of btc you were automatically given a whale share of bb for free with no risk to your btc. My motive for presentation is irrelevant.

The mere fact that you are (well i think you are) trying to say being a btc whale should automatically entitle you to be an alt whale in all future alts with no risk to your btc was enough for me to pretty much brush over the rest of it.

Coiner_

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:44:51 PM

[-- snip --]

Sorry but honestly and not to be rude your replies illustrate you have not understood my points at all and your rebuttals (if that is what they are meant to be) are unanswerable since they make little sense to start with.

I could say the same about yours. No, I do say the same about yours in the very first sentence. And you didn't need to quote my entire post if you weren't going to offer any substantive response.

Please re-read what I have written think about it further and then have another try.

You're going to have to rephrase your post because all I'm getting from it is someone who was hurt by whale manipulation early on or has an issue with people being rich and, as they usually do, getting richer.

Motive is irrelevant. Try to understand that when you present observable events the motivation for presentation is of no matter.

Perhaps but in this case it's, IMHO, clearly clouding your judgement.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:52:50 PM

[-- snip --]

Sorry but honestly and not to be rude your replies illustrate you have not understood my points at all and your rebuttals (if that is what they are meant to be) are unanswerable since they make little sense to start with.

I could say the same about yours. No, I do say the same about yours in the very first sentence. And you didn't need to quote my entire post if you weren't going to offer any substantive response.

Please re-read what I have written think about it further and then have another try.

You're going to have to rephrase your post because all I'm getting from it is someone who was hurt by whale manipulation early on or has an issue with people being rich and, as they usually do, getting richer.

Perhaps but in this case it's, IMHO, clearly clouding your judgement.

What you are getting from it is unimportant to me. If you can not understand the simple points I have made then that is not my issue.

Most people will be able to glean 2 simple things if not all of what i have said.

What you are getting is also provably incorrect since I have gained in large from this distributional model since I linked my BTC at the start and it was a reasonable amount. Although I would not class it as a whale sum.

I would not assume that always personal financial gain is the motive for all posting here.

Let me break it down to a few simple yes or no's for you then.

1. should being a btc whale automatically entitle you to a free whale share in future alt coin projects with no risk to your btc stash

yes or no?

2. Is it wise to knowingly allow competing projects to take huge whale shares of your token so that later in the project you must now tell those that bought byteball on the understanding of further full moon distributions they wont be getting those after all so that you can fund your own development?

yes or no was that wise?

let's start with those so I can see it is worth trying to assist you further.

Clouding my judgement of presenting observable events? how is this possible they are there for all to study for themselves.

Try a rebuttal without speculating on motive. It should not be needed if you have a strong argument that is credible to the majority.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:41:23 PM

How long can it take to write yes or no 2x?

I will check back later and hopefully see two straight answers yes or no.

I suspect I will see a lot of flowery explanations/excuses/philosophical poems and no straight answers.

Coiner_

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:54:05 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 07:16:12 PM by Coiner_

[-- snip --]

[-- snip --]

What you are getting from it is unimportant to me.

If you can not understand the simple points I have made then that is not my issue.

Most people will be able to glean 2 simple things if not all of what i have said.

That's totally on me, I was naive enough to assume you were interested in making a point. As for "most people" gleaning something from you, that "observably", as you like to say, is not evident.

What you are getting is also provably incorrect since I have gained in large from this distributional model since I linked my BTC at the start and it was a reasonable amount. Although I would not class it as a whale sum.

How does the anything in there "prove" I'm incorrect? Did you even read my post and comprehend it?

I would not assume that always personal financial gain is the motive for all posting here.

Huh

1. should being a btc whale automatically entitle you to a free whale share in future alt coin projects with no risk to your btc stash

You're not entitled to anything in an airdrop irrespective of how much BTC you hold.

2. Is it wise to knowingly allow competing projects to take huge whale shares of your token so that later in the project [-- snip --]?

If I had plans with said "competing" projects, yes. Otherwise, not really.

Clouding my judgement of presenting observable events? how is this possible they are there for all to study for themselves.

Dude, read my post not what you think is in my post.

Do I look like I sit on this thread waiting for you to string words together as a "response"?

I suspect I will see a lot of flowery explanations/excuses/philosophical poems and no straight answers.

Grin If that was an attempt at reverse psych, you'll need to put a whole lot more effort into it to get it to work on me. It's an adorable attempt though.
kola-schaar

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:40:15 PM

If you have cause for moaning, because the performance of Byteball or you sitting on a load of GBytes, check out the ICO offer (see white paper).

Disclaimer:
This is not an advertisement, just a friendly hint. Everyone is responsible for their own decisions Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:51:21 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 08:06:12 PM by cryptohunter

[-- snip --]

[-- snip --]

What you are getting from it is unimportant to me.

If you can not understand the simple points I have made then that is not my issue.

That's totally on me, I was naive enough to assume you were interested in making a point. As for "most people" gleaning something from you, that "observably", as you like to say, is not evident.

How does the anything in there "prove" I'm incorrect? Did you even read my post and comprehend it?

Huh

You're not entitled to anything in an airdrop irrespective of how much BTC you hold.

2. Is it wise to knowingly allow competing projects to take huge whale shares of your token so that later in the project [-- snip --]?

If I had plans with said "competing" projects, yes. Otherwise, not really.

Dude, read my post not what you think is in my post.

Do I look like I sit on this thread waiting for you to string words together as a "response"?

Grin If that was an attempt at reverse psych, you'll need to put a whole lot more effort into it to get it to work on me. It's an adorable attempt though.

Ah I thought as much no ...straight answers just some faux confusion at me not being precise enough.

Are you saying because you do not understand that nobody else can?

The answer to question 1 was not a simple yes or no.

The answer to question 2 was not simple yes or no.

As i predicted.

Some strange bumblings focusing on the word entitled.

You as a btc whale are able to claim whale shares in byteball for free with no risk to your own btc. Perhaps you are not clear on how the distribution went down.

Expand on your answer to question 1. I am interested in the explanation. Are you a trainee politician by any chance.

Answer 2 -  I will accept that as a 'no ' it was not wise unless you wish to go into greater detail and object to my interpretation of your answer. Unless you are saying byteball and tony was in collusion with lisk/komodo etc

The point about what you were "getting about me" - were you not suggesting i had some sour grapes motive for the initial distribution for financial reasons. Actually what i was saying is that if i chose I could prove that I got more the way it went down than if tony had gone for some of my other suggestions at the start. Please look them up if you wish but don't ask me to find them or type them out again.

I think you should sit here waiting for me to string words into educational works for your benefit. It is the least you could do for free enhancement. I see that you are not only confused but ungrateful too.

If you're saying simple tweaks could not have made the distribution wider and fairer then that is on you not me. If you think the bb distribution went well then and could not have been done better then that's you view. I don't seek to change your view if you don't wish to change it. I am voicing my opinion as I am entitled to do. If 90% of people here disagree that is of no consequence to me. If 100% disagree that is their right.

I am way better off financially because of the existence of BB and I am grateful. I hope bb makes it to a top 10 or top 5 spot. I still do not like the distributional method. I would hate to see future alts distributed in this way. I will never accept that being a btc whale should automatically enable you to become a whale in other alts with no risk to your btc and everyone else should share the crumbs or have to buy if from you.

Sorry when people try to tell me that black is white  or that unfair is fair...then I have to say no ..however convincing and determined they are. Not that you are very convincing.

Pages: « 1 ... 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 [739] 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: