Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:20:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 [746] 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233944 times)
verb

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:57:35 AM

I like what's going on in byteball, even though i liked the idea of having more 10% airdrops. be that as it may, the price is currently recovering, and we could see a breakout soon

▄▄███▄▄
    ▄▄███████████▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
    ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
        ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
            ▄█████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            █████████████▀
            █████████▀▀
            █████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
            ▄▄█▀▀  ██
        ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
    ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
▀▀██▄███▀        ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
    █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
    █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀ 
████▄         █████████████▀ 
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████ 
█████████████████████ 
    ▀█████████████████▀
    ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raoulsergia

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:30:55 AM

I like what's going on in byteball, even though i liked the idea of having more 10% airdrops. be that as it may, the price is currently recovering, and we could see a breakout soon

ISnt the airdrop done? I still have some as a result of holding BTC - both blackbytes and GBYTE
Yes the price seems to be picking up, its a good development indeed
pxrunes

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

https://lucky.byte-ball.com

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 12:11:24 PM

Major New Feature at Freebe Blackbyte Exchange

We can now very easy sell and buy blackbytes at the marketprice at #freebe

just use for example: sell 5g [your address] to sell 5 GBB at marketprice

or buy 20000m [your address] to buy 20000 MBB at marketprice

it is now possible to partially fill trade orders!

http://freebe.byte-ball.com

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 12:40:30 PM

Any ideas on the fix?

Uncaught exception: Error: Error: SQLITE_CORRUPT: database disk image is malformed SELECT MAX(lb_units.main_chain_index) AS min_retrievable_mci FROM units JOIN units AS lb_units ON units.last_ball_unit=lb_units.unit WHERE units.is_on_main_chain=1 AND units.is_stable=1

Upgrade to the latest wallet.
Misinformation.  This bug has not been fixed yet. 

Just to make sure that you did not know what you are talking about I upgraded to the latest version:

https://github.com/byteball/byteball/releases/tag/v1.11.2

re-downloaded it and re-installed it and sure enough, I still have the issue.

A fix is in the works.  I expect tonych will announce a new version with the fix when it is ready and available.  He knows all about this issue, see his post here:

Distribution of blackbytes is now finished.

I know about the "removing stable witnessed unit" error, working on it.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
kola-schaar

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:10:33 PM

In terms of byteball airdrops and effect on price I would expect that skipping the airdrop for a particular month, equating to less supply that month, should tend to boost the price, just by normal supply versus demand dynamic, although that didn't seem noticeable in the last skipped air drop month.

I can imagine that 'slow' dripping of byteball into the market by these airdrops though, is prolonging  uncertainty and aggravated by the fact that Tony has ultimate control over when to airdrop and when not to and to change the rules at his whim. This airdropping is the equivalent of central banks tinkering with money supply and no different here really.

Part of me, in a very gung ho way, would like to just dump all the byteball onto the market in one huge load to byteball holders according to the amount of bytes they hold (not bitcoin holders), without pre-announcing it. This unexpected windfall would cause huge waves. But at the same time, in one quick shot remove all the prolonged uncertainties about distribution. Like ripping a plaster off quick is better than peeling off slowly.

Thats what I'd like, then we can get on with using byteball.

I had already put forward similar proposals (distribution in the direction of Ethereum for better spread effect and / or faster drop the remaining bytes to take the uncertainty).
The whole thread is full of alternative suggestions – it’s ok.
In fact, there are very strong concerns about fundamentally changing the rules(distribution exclusively to BTC & Byteball, distribution to 98%).
In fact, the negative, the positive effects could surpass or in other words:
If you are not sure if a solution is better, you better stick to the old one or “never change a running system”

So Tony adjusts the rules only gradually (according to the given framework) to the market situation or the requirements.
He changes the interest rate and possibly also the number of distributions per year.
In effect, he only controls  the speed of distribution (and the amount of inflation in the Byteball ecosystem).
Monetarily it does not matter to owners whether Tony performs a distribution of 20% per annum or monthly distributions of 1.53% (or every 2 months with 3.05%) because of the compounding effect.

He must be careful with the liquidity. The effect is like carbon dioxide (CO2) in nature:
*too little CO2 -> no growth in plants in the ecosystem .. no animals etc.
*too much CO2 -> Toxic effect occurs  -> mass extinction
Liquidity (CO2) is pumped into the ecosystem through the distributions and must first be stored by the holders until it can be meaningfully utilized by business.
The system must find it's balance. The more plants (business) there are in the ecosystem, the more CO2 (liquidity) the system can handle.
The function of the holders is therefore to tie up capital at an early stage so that the liquidity does not become toxic.
The real harvest season has come when the system demands more than Tony provides.

Yes, Tony is currently God and central bank in the Byteball ecosystem.
That's not nice. However, one can assume that this is not fun for him:
*He originally wanted to dump all 98% in four rounds onto the market.(..which was not possible because the participation was too low. )
*The central bank role violates his motto "simplicy is beauty"
*The distribution takes time, which he does not have and one usually reaps criticism
So I'm assuming that he will end this state as soon as possible.
Long story short: Things are currently complicated, but will become easier. There is no patent solution

I think Tony had thought of his role quite differently (more passive in background like SN).
But things are as they are … and they are not bad.
When the distribution started Christmas, I never imagined we having an ICO on Byteball in November. Smiley
BabelC

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:57:39 PM

I also think it would be fine to airdrop ETH holders
hush

Activity: 1288
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:06:24 PM

I also will try to exchange my GBB with GB. I want to keep GB continuously even I don't want to make any transaction at the moment. I also am looking for the update on next distribution whether it be carried out or postponed for next month. Lot of things are being built which will bring value in future for sure with the increase of demand.
ByteFan

Activity: 510
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:25:03 PM

I also will try to exchange my GBB with GB. I want to keep GB continuously even I don't want to make any transaction at the moment. I also am looking for the update on next distribution whether it be carried out or postponed for next month. Lot of things are being built which will bring value in future for sure with the increase of demand.

You can sell your GBB on http://www.beeb-bot.com
CryptoTickets

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:55:04 PM

Does Smb knows, whether this team has experience?
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:57:43 PM

Does Smb knows, whether this team has experience?

experience in what? in developing this coin / tool / project? yes, a lot of things have been done since the beginning of byteball.
Yefet

Activity: 643
Merit: 501

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:07:28 PM

Hi,

Could anyone help/advise about the byteball wallets -

I installed the mobile wallet and decided to import the seed from the desktop, but saw a warning not to clone the wallet and if proceed stop using the wallet with the same seed  Huh

So the question is if it is possible to access the same wallet/address from the different devices (at least not simultaneously, but in turn), ie use the mobile client on the go and then switch to the desktop one when get back home.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 16479

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 05:48:12 PM

So the question is if it is possible to access the same wallet/address from the different devices (at least not simultaneously, but in turn), ie use the mobile client on the go and then switch to the desktop one when get back home.
You're gonna corrupt your blackbytes if you do this.

What you need, is a multisig wallet: 2 devices, 1 needed to sign. You can set it up from your existing wallet by adding a new 1-2 wallet, then pair with the other device, transfer a small amount to test, and once it works: transfer everything.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:24:57 PM

You're gonna corrupt your blackbytes if you do this.

What you need, is a multisig wallet: 2 devices, 1 needed to sign. You can set it up from your existing wallet by adding a new 1-2 wallet, then pair with the other device, transfer a small amount to test, and once it works: transfer everything.

last time i have tried to recover from seed and i don't see my blackbytes . Do I have lost them or what ?
I got some strange messages.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 16479

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 07:35:59 PM

Interview with Anton Churyumov and how blockchain enables trust
One could rephrase the famous quote about statistics and say “There are three kinds of scams: scams, downright scams, and ICOs”.

With this quote in mind, may I remind all the people who are complaining about the airdrop that Tony never made any promises, never asked for money, and only gives away a great product and money for free?

last time i have tried to recover from seed and i don't see my blackbytes . Do I have lost them or what ?
Blackbytes are anonymous, the seed doesn't restore them, use the backup-feature in the wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
forensick

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:15:41 PM

One could rephrase the famous quote about statistics and say “There are three kinds of scams: scams, downright scams, and ICOs”.

With this quote in mind, may I remind all the people who are complaining about the airdrop that Tony never made any promises, never asked for money, and only gives away a great product and money for free?

Blackbytes are anonymous, the seed doesn't restore them, use the backup-feature in the wallet.

Does this mean that every time I receive Blackbytes I have to do a full backup? If I will recover from seed, will I have 0 blackbytes?
amacar1

Activity: 707
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:23:24 PM

Unfortunately yes, you need to backup after every blackbytes transaction.
ujang1

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:36:05 PM

This resource can be trusted? First time I see that somewhere it is possible to sell blackbytes, except in wallet with the help of bot.

.SPECTRE.                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
      ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
Freefactomizer

Activity: 346
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:16:17 PM

Does this mean that every time I receive Blackbytes I have to do a full backup? If I will recover from seed, will I have 0 blackbytes?

Yes.
Best way to be safe is to use a multi-device wallet, then each time you receive blackbytes the private data are replicated among all your devices.

🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈 -  Obyte Sport Betting Bot - 🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈
Freefactomizer

Activity: 346
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:17:25 PM

This resource can be trusted? First time I see that somewhere it is possible to sell blackbytes, except in wallet with the help of bot.

This one uses a bot too, it was the first blackbyte exchange launched.

🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈 -  Obyte Sport Betting Bot - 🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:48:28 PM

Distribution of Bytes is now finished.
61,299.720840161 GB distributed
645,222.052937914 GB is available supply after the distribution.

Distribution of blackbytes will start in a few hours and will take a few days, be patient.  I'll post here when it is complete.

I'll decide and announce the plans for future distribution around mid-November.  But it is already certain that we skip the December full moon.  The purpose of the free distribution is in acquiring new users, and we should use the remaining undistributed coins most efficiently.  That's why we are slowing down the distribution and gradually phasing out the method based on balances, which is not expected to produce much positive impact any more.  Cashback has already proved more efficient in terms of cost of user acquisition, albeit it is still slow.  Other product updates linked to the distribution are still in the making but not certain enough to speak about them now, I expect more certainty in the middle of November.

I can understand that you want to remove the airdrop because it does not acquire new users anymore. However I think you should be careful not to lose existing users because of this. I think the majority of Byteball users are "people who have the wallet installed but are not using it often", as the Byteball economy is still in infant stage.

BUT these users are coming back on a regular basis because of the airdrops. They read this thread, the slack, the website, update their clients and such. The airdrops have been a big event that brings the Byteball community together at regular intervalls. Thats why the TitanCoin preICO was started at the airdrop date, because most people would notice it. It would be a waste to lose the conditioning of the Byteball userbase and the full moon meme that was so costly acquired.

So I urge you not to skip december airdrop or atleast have a replacement event. We already saw interest fainting when the last airdrop was skipped. There are lots of bling bling coins and christmas time coming up. For the average user its super easy to totally forget about your Byteball installation during two months if nothing is happening.

Well, sooner or later the airdrop will HAVE to stop anyway, when all coins will be distributed, and THEN if we continue with the old distribution method we would have a catastrophic landing. That landing we have already had, partially, in the past 2 months, as the people interested only in the airdrop has dumped. Now much better to use the remaining coins to be distributed to enlarge the adoption base, which is the only thing which can give more value to the coin long term.

Pages: « 1 ... 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 [746] 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: