Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:55:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 [788] 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233954 times)
avandrim

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:08:50 AM

I like this project very much but I do not understand why there is only 12 witnesses. 7 people can very easily collude or get captured and then the network is basically dead. Why not more?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3148

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 12:33:52 AM

Now textcoins are enabled in server-side (headless) wallets and are available to developers.

Here is the doc about sending them: https://github.com/byteball/byteballcore/wiki/Sending-textcoins

Now, any service that has email addresses of its users (that is, almost any service) can easily mass-pay them using just email addresses.

Textcoins are also easy to integrate with chatbots.  For example, a telegram bot could reward its users for certain actions, e.g. for taking surveys or writing reviews.

-----

Lastly, our own cashback program now supports textcoins: merchants don't have to update their order forms to ask users about their Byteball address, instead they can give us the user's email address and we send a textcoin.  Updated API description: https://github.com/byteball/byteball/wiki/Cashback-API

Wow. what a great stuff.
Can you explain more about security and user experience. How is safe and easy to use? Now when cryptoworld expand there we have many of new crypto users which is not much familiar with cryptocurrencies

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ByteFan

Activity: 510
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:06:09 AM

Now textcoins are enabled in server-side (headless) wallets and are available to developers.

Here is the doc about sending them: https://github.com/byteball/byteballcore/wiki/Sending-textcoins

Now, any service that has email addresses of its users (that is, almost any service) can easily mass-pay them using just email addresses.

Textcoins are also easy to integrate with chatbots.  For example, a telegram bot could reward its users for certain actions, e.g. for taking surveys or writing reviews.

-----

Lastly, our own cashback program now supports textcoins: merchants don't have to update their order forms to ask users about their Byteball address, instead they can give us the user's email address and we send a textcoin.  Updated API description: https://github.com/byteball/byteball/wiki/Cashback-API

Wow. what a great stuff.
Can you explain more about security and user experience. How is safe and easy to use? Now when cryptoworld expand there we have many of new crypto users which is not much familiar with cryptocurrencies

Read https://medium.com/byteball/sending-cryptocurrency-to-email-5c9bce22b8a9
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:00:52 AM

My notebook is finally out of the warranty service, so I installed the new wallet version. Too bad that the last sync I made was around the beginning of october. It will be a while till it catches up. It could be a nightmare for those who just downloads the wallet and wants to do a sync from zero. On an HDD it's just chanceless.

Is it planned to enhance/optimize the load time?

Use the light wallet which is the default and recommended option now.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 08:58:16 AM

My notebook is finally out of the warranty service, so I installed the new wallet version. Too bad that the last sync I made was around the beginning of october. It will be a while till it catches up. It could be a nightmare for those who just downloads the wallet and wants to do a sync from zero. On an HDD it's just chanceless.

You mean to say that by default, a wallet installs in minutes and syncs within seconds?
So, during the install, just pick the DEFAULTs and you get an awesome user experience.

Just to re-interate.... Stop messing with the options and click the defaults?

Thanks.     (Ok, done trolling.)    Smiley

Defaults for the win!

----------------------
Here is your link to receive 0.001 GB: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?cinnamon-magic-habit-old-crop-own-divide-job-ten-win-divorce-nice

Freefactomizer

Activity: 346
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:04:01 AM

I like this project very much but I do not understand why there is only 12 witnesses. 7 people can very easily collude or get captured and then the network is basically dead. Why not more?

Cause otherwise nobody would have time to check and select seriously the witnesses, it's explained in whitepaper. Look at what is happening on Lisk or other DPoS coin, selection of delegates is a complete mess, nobody knows who is who anymore. Better have 12 reliable witnesses than hundred of randomly chosen ones.
And no, 7 people out of 12 can't easily collude and it's always possible for anybody running a full node to check if witnesses behave correctly.

🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈 -  Obyte Sport Betting Bot - 🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈
ChainSmoker

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:38:38 AM

I am disappointed with Byte-BTC exchange bot in byteball app.I sold some Bytes for btc and the bot sent me Bitcoin with 20sat/byte fee which is very low.Even the parent tx is unconfirmed.I am waiting from almost 16 hours for my tx to get confirmed.Please remove that bot from byteball app. :/

I'm forwarding this to the chief developer. In the meantime, could you please try this service: https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/
I've used it several times now and it worked well. It's very popular, so you'll probably need several attempts to get in the queue.
Even if I get lucky for including my tx in viabtc accelerator then also it won't accelerate my tx because 6 parent tx are unconfirmed too and viabtc doesn't accelerate tx if parent tx is unconfirmed.In this case I have to get lucky 7 times for viabtc to accelerate my tx which seems impossible.
Nice way to rip people Gbyte by selling btc and then sending it with very low fees.  Undecided

CPFP.   Basically, you're at the end of the chain of people not wanting to pay fees.   Pay a higher fee which would be enough to cover all 6 prior transactions.  If you don't want to wait and simply bitch about it, you can do that as well; however, it's pointless.   People know about the issue, but they continue the problem and still bitching about it.

I see the same thing for ebay.   People lower the price of an item, but raise the shipping cost.  The buyer knows this UP FRONT, but still decides to get the item.  Once delivered, they immediately bitch about the costs.

Basically.... a low fee is paid on tx so it takes longer.
If a higher tx fee was paid, then the person buying would complain about that too.
NO MATTER WHAT - A person will complain.  It's life.

Did you even read my previous posts before writing this BS? I am not complaining.I am disappointed by that bot and No,people prior to me didn't paid low fees.Even I did not paid the low fees.It's that dumb bot in byteball app that send Bitcoin to us with low fees and you are saying like we people had the option to choose fee when requesting withdraw from byteball app -_-
Get your facts straight before sharing your views and why would I do CPFP when the amount transacted will be less than the fee used to cover all fees? It's the bug in that bot that caused all this and if sharing this here to get the bot fixed is 'bitching about it' then great keep that bot running like that.I will use exchange from next time to dump Gbyte  Wink

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Kalo12

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:24:32 AM

One of the greatest coins, but with the shittiest prices ever!

What a shame!
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:25:02 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 02:52:06 PM by kaicrypzen

You mean to say that by default, a wallet installs in minutes and syncs within seconds?
So, during the install, just pick the DEFAULTs and you get an awesome user experience.

Defaults for the win!

Let me butt in here to say that in some cases users might not have a choice in running a light wallet.
I personally had an app installed in full mode which had bytes and blackbytes on it, I didn't run it for months. When I launched it to sync, it synced well up to some point but then it was just almost stuck (on an HDD). What I did was make a full backup, copy it to a computer with an SSD and restore from it. Needless to say that using a light wallet wouldn't have solved the problem ...

p2pGames

Activity: 159
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:38:43 PM

so nesxt airdrop for btc and byte holders will be in mart 2018, what about airdrop by new method?

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
mxshvdv

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:12:25 PM

Hi guys,

The total number of bytes is 1015, all bytes were issued in the genesis transaction. Since the fees paid are returned into the circulation, the money supply will remain the same.

Exchanges list the currency as gigabytes (GB, GBYTE), 1 gigabyte is 1 billion bytes.  The total money supply in gigabytes is 1,000,000.

I look at coinmarketcap and see:

Code:
Circulating Supply
645,222 GBYTE

Total Supply
1,000,000 GBYTE

What is that mean? Is BYTEBALL still supplying coins?
plr82

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:16:31 PM

The distribution rounds aren't fully over. However, the pace has been slowed down a bit. The next distribution round will take place at March 2nd. For updates check byteball.org under "distribution".

Hi guys,

The total number of bytes is 1015, all bytes were issued in the genesis transaction. Since the fees paid are returned into the circulation, the money supply will remain the same.

Exchanges list the currency as gigabytes (GB, GBYTE), 1 gigabyte is 1 billion bytes.  The total money supply in gigabytes is 1,000,000.

Code:
Circulating Supply
645,222 GBYTE

Total Supply
1,000,000 GBYTE

mxshvdv

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:23:06 PM

The distribution rounds aren't fully over. However, the pace has been slowed down a bit. The next distribution round will take place at March 2nd. For updates check byteball.org under "distribution".

Hi guys,

Exchanges list the currency as gigabytes (GB, GBYTE), 1 gigabyte is 1 billion bytes.  The total money supply in gigabytes is 1,000,000.

Code:
Circulating Supply
645,222 GBYTE

Total Supply
1,000,000 GBYTE

Ok, tnx. And who is control ~one thirth of all supply now?
bottacoin

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 03:35:45 PM

Tonych
bottacoin

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 03:58:33 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 04:41:06 PM by bottacoin

*** BinaryBalls trading report ***

Global trading stats since launch date of 2017-11-13 :

• Contracts made: 1395
  • MBytes traded: 31626
  • Winning contracts: 737
  • Global payout rate: 92%

And the top 3 best rush traders :

• Rank 1: 7RV7CY (265 MBytes 24h net profit with 12 contracts)
  • Rank 2: CRAIFY (238 MBytes 24h net profit with 5 contracts)
  • Rank 3: T3PLAE (220 MBytes 24h net profit with 6 contract)

Will you manage to be on the top list ?

https://byteball.fr/bandeau.png

BinaryBalls.com
1st Binary Options Trading Platform with Byteball Bytes

CryptoGir

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:56:21 PM

I love the name of the coin. I'm sure you get that a lot but still, the naming is superb.

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 06:05:41 PM

I am disappointed with Byte-BTC exchange bot in byteball app.I sold some Bytes for btc and the bot sent me Bitcoin with 20sat/byte fee which is very low.Even the parent tx is unconfirmed.I am waiting from almost 16 hours for my tx to get confirmed.Please remove that bot from byteball app. :/

I'm forwarding this to the chief developer. In the meantime, could you please try this service: https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/
I've used it several times now and it worked well. It's very popular, so you'll probably need several attempts to get in the queue.
Even if I get lucky for including my tx in viabtc accelerator then also it won't accelerate my tx because 6 parent tx are unconfirmed too and viabtc doesn't accelerate tx if parent tx is unconfirmed.In this case I have to get lucky 7 times for viabtc to accelerate my tx which seems impossible.
Nice way to rip people Gbyte by selling btc and then sending it with very low fees.  Undecided

CPFP.   Basically, you're at the end of the chain of people not wanting to pay fees.   Pay a higher fee which would be enough to cover all 6 prior transactions.  If you don't want to wait and simply bitch about it, you can do that as well; however, it's pointless.   People know about the issue, but they continue the problem and still bitching about it.

I see the same thing for ebay.   People lower the price of an item, but raise the shipping cost.  The buyer knows this UP FRONT, but still decides to get the item.  Once delivered, they immediately bitch about the costs.

Basically.... a low fee is paid on tx so it takes longer.
If a higher tx fee was paid, then the person buying would complain about that too.
NO MATTER WHAT - A person will complain.  It's life.

Did you even read my previous posts before writing this BS? I am not complaining.I am disappointed by that bot and No,people prior to me didn't paid low fees.Even I did not paid the low fees.It's that dumb bot in byteball app that send Bitcoin to us with low fees and you are saying like we people had the option to choose fee when requesting withdraw from byteball app -_-
Get your facts straight before sharing your views and why would I do CPFP when the amount transacted will be less than the fee used to cover all fees? It's the bug in that bot that caused all this and if sharing this here to get the bot fixed is 'bitching about it' then great keep that bot running like that.I will use exchange from next time to dump Gbyte  Wink

Since you're dumping, we don't have to see you complaining/bitching anymore?

"I am not complaining." -- That's exactly what you're doing.  Your entire post (and prior post) are complaints about the specific byteball bot and Bitcoin.
Facts are straight and you don't have to CPFP if you don't want to; however it was a possible resolution.  That fee method is not a bug in the bot.  It was simply to keep the fees down.  Had the bot charged a larger fee, you would be complaining that the fee is too high.  It goes back to the point that if there is something to complain about, a person will.

So, if you don't like bitcoin fees or speed, then maybe you should use something else; i.e. Byteball.

--------------------------
Here is your link to receive 0.001 GB: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?outer-rebel-chef-other-drama-basket-castle-income-jeans-act-industry-duck

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 06:08:04 PM

so nesxt airdrop for btc and byte holders will be in mart 2018, what about airdrop by new method?

What new method?  There is currently only one method and it's set for March of 2018.

Tonych

Just to clear that up.   Tonych is the creator of byteball.  He is in control of the address for distributions.
https://byteball.fr/Top100ByteballRichest.php

Defaults for the win!

Let me butt in here to say that in some cases users might not have a choice in running a light wallet.
I personally had an app installed in full mode which had bytes and blackbytes on it, I didn't run it for months. When I launched it to sync, it synced well up to some point but then it was just almost stuck (on an HDD). What I did was make a full backup, copy it to a computer with an SSD and restore from it. Needless to say that using a light wallet wouldn't have solved the problem ...

Welcome to butt in.  Everyone has a choice at running a light wallet or full node.
You chose to run a full node (not the default).
Needless to say.... running a light wallet WOULD have solved the problem.

A full backup of a light wallet does in fact keep your bytes and blackbytes with a full restore.  It takes about 15 seconds to sync.  No matter how far back in history.

Again, a light wallet is fast and stores (and restores) bytes/blackbytes via a full backup/full restore.

Resolution:
I do understand that since you have a full wallet and you will need to sync.  You can resolve the problem for the future by starting up another wallet and move your funds to it.  This way, you will not have the sync issue in the future.

--------------------------
Here is your link to receive 0.001 GB: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?outer-rebel-chef-other-drama-basket-castle-income-jeans-act-industry-duck

p2pGames

Activity: 159
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:56:22 PM

What new method?  There is currently only one method and it's set for March of 2018.

Over the next few months, we'll add more methods of free distribution.  One of them is already being developed, I expect it to be ready in the first half of December.  

The new methods are designed to grow our user base faster than the money supply.

While the new methods are still untested, it is early to drop the airdrops.  That's why the next round of distribution to Bytes and BTC holders is tentatively planned for the full moon of March 2, 2018.  The rules are the same as in the previous round:

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
Random-String-Symphony

Activity: 77
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:01:09 PM

Over the next few months, we'll add more methods of free distribution.  One of them is already being developed, I expect it to be ready in the first half of December.  

The new methods are designed to grow our user base faster than the money supply.

While the new methods are still untested, it is early to drop the airdrops.  That's why the next round of distribution to Bytes and BTC holders is tentatively planned for the full moon of March 2, 2018.  The rules are the same as in the previous round:

I consider textcoin the new method ... and people are using it already if you haven't noticed. Even Michail1 has to admit that he is distributing Bytes for free Smiley

⚪ Obyte     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Pages: « 1 ... 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 [788] 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: