Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:09:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 [898] 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233948 times)
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:48:13 AM
Merited by kaicrypzen (1)

Today, we are launching a Telegram bot that allows to pass a small quiz and get a $5.00 worth reward in Bytes.  It is paid from the undistributed funds.

Full story: https://medium.com/byteball/money-for-knowledge-distribution-via-telegram-quiz-bot-2dd400e22997

Telegram bot: @ByteballQuizBot

I have passed the quiz. It's eye-opening  and funny.It might take out most of us at the same time. The only disapointment was from the bot final message . "There was an error while trying to send your textcoin. We'll automatically retry until the textcoin is sent."

Got it! I would  like to know if we have any statistics on distribution via telegram bot showing that this method  is more effective than the earlier one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:28:34 AM

Noticed a lot of established members wearing byteball sig in the last week. Is Byteball a new NEM ?? I remember two years ago when i heard that every wallet will receive some free bytes but i probably lost that wallet.
welhzh

Activity: 178
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:08:02 AM

i want to take part in the campaign, but i am jr member. so sad
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:31:43 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 01:09:39 PM by kaicrypzen

About 500 users have passed the quiz since launch (despite frequent offs due to bugs, running out of money, running out of daily quota, etc) but I observe some share of fraud too.  It is not very large but concerning.  To reduce the incentive for fraud, the reward will now be reduced to $2.50.

Curious about how you detect frauds. Is it based on the number of times the same IP address has passed a payable quiz or is there more to it? Thank you.

p2pGames

Activity: 159
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:49:45 AM

About 500 users have passed the quiz since launch (despite frequent offs due to bugs, running out of money, running out of daily quota, etc) but I observe some share of fraud too.  It is not very large but concerning.  To reduce the incentive for fraud, the reward will now be reduced to $2.50.

Curious about how you detect frauds. Is it based on the number of times the same IP address has passed a payable quiz or is there more to it ? Thank you.

500 users is good, but to distribute other funds 334000/0,013= 25 600 000 claim around. it's 2much
and for new users it is a dubious incentive to install a wallet and to be interested in the project. At least my friends, even for $ 5, did not want to bother with answers to questions that you need to delve into. And they just gave me their telegrams

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
kaicrypzen

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:15:39 AM

I had the BTC - Byteball exchange bot "ignore" my deposit because it was "too small".  Admittedly, it wasn't a lot, but it was in the ballpark of 20USD at the time of the deposit.  The message was just "Received your payment of 0.059 GB it is too small to be exchanged, will be ignored.".

In my opinion, this is broken behavior.  If the amount is too small to exchange, send it back after some time, don't just confiscate the money..

Is there anyone I can talk to to get my money back?

Does anyone know who the dev is.  I'd like to talk to them.

If I remember correctly, it's tonych.

Oh, I lost my chance to get money from Byteball quizzes.
I was a little bit busy (heavy loads of works in my office), so I don't have spare time to join your quizze.

You can take the quiz anytime. It has 5 questions that take less than 1 minute each to answer if you already know what Byteball is about.

kola-schaar

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:10:17 AM

Error handling works, TextCoin received:

From yesterday to today already made 2.2% profit Wink. Now I can afford an Easter egg more.  Tongue
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 11:43:56 AM

Today, we are launching a Telegram bot that allows to pass a small quiz and get a $5.00 worth reward in Bytes.  It is paid from the undistributed funds.

Full story: https://medium.com/byteball/money-for-knowledge-distribution-via-telegram-quiz-bot-2dd400e22997

I have passed the quiz. It's eye-opening  and funny.It might take out most of us at the same time. The only disapointment was from the bot final message . "There was an error while trying to send your textcoin. We'll automatically retry until the textcoin is sent."

Got it! I would  like to know if we have any statistics on distribution via telegram bot showing that this method  is more effective than the earlier one.

Track this address which distributes the rewards https://explorer.byteball.org/#XPOQYAPM5NDYTVRV763C2G557GMKRZXL

Simplicity is beauty
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:50:08 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 12:05:52 PM by cryptohunter

I see already the sig bounty is turning into a cluster fuck with legitimate and known BB supporters getting annoyed and seemingly random and unfair treatment by the bounty manager there.

There are many more examples that what I post here ... enough that there is no smoke without fire so i tested it out myself and I find this is not something they are making up. I have never been left out of a sig campaign ever that I applied for.

What's going on with the selection process here?
I'm seeing genuine Byteball fans with a posting history to back this up being left out in favour of bounty hunters who probably couldn't give two shits about Byteball and will dump their Bytes for a few satoshis.
this is a very good point. i also do not find myself on the spreadsheet. hell i even own the byteball web domain in my country and i have been left out with no reason. this is probably an issue that we should take directly with the team because there seems to not be a logical explanation for some of the people left out. hehehe..and i am the first one signing in for the campaign Smiley)))

Seems weird to me too, not that I care much but I have been left out too and I used byteball signature for almost a year (for no reward at all) and I'm invested in byteball since it started. Also the campaign manager's price for doing this is pretty insane - at least back in august it was - when I wanted to do a signature campaign for BB and thought outsourcing is the way to go.. but then I reached out to him and got shocked at the price. For that price he should be able to verify everyone's post, every day and instantly accept those who are BB advocates since its inception. The 25 post / week to me seems excessive but if you think spamming the forum is the best way to spread BB, well kudos then but I really doubt people will have meaningful posts with such absurd minimum requirements.

this is very concerning ... there needs to be legitimate reason to leave out known posters and supporters of byteball.

I notice some strange choices here that I am hoping is down more to taking on too many sig bounty campaigns and not investigating thoroughly enough rather than something more worrying.

I as a byteball holder would rather see these known and trusted people on the sig campaign over those that are not interested and will dump the byteball straight away.

I would like to see well considered reply to these queries here else this will need further investigation on a more wide spread level.

I have heard allegations of bounty managers only listing those who agree to kick backs and other such devious means.

If a person is over looked or left out when they are a known poster and supporter of a project there should be in depth and complete disclosure of why that was. The selection process can not be random nor can in demonstrate any obvious unfairness.

Bounties are a large part now of the minting in some cases so absolute transparency and fairness there is essential not to taint the entire project.

This is a serious matter.

I can only hope that this does not spread into futher tainting of the already shambles  like distribution process.

I hope Tony can investigate personally before this tumbles out on to the main board. I was told about this and tested it myself and was also left out.

Do you not find it curious that legitimate know legend posters are held out whilst shit post spamming obvious noob accounts are permitted.

This does not look like the signature campaign we want by pissing off current BB holders and giving it to noob trash to dump as soon as they get it.

What will be done about this.

At the least a full explanation of why these people were not allowed to take part. Else looks like a scam to me.

No way would a bounty manager hold out legends and known posters over noob trash posting shit over and over unless there was some connection between the bounty manger and these noob accounts.

It looks bad and it is only a matter of time before the main board sees a thread labelled more questionable distribution tactics attached to this project.

There is no room for opinion here there is simply observable events suggesting there is an unfair or yet unexplained strange selection for who can get rewarded for promoting byteball and who can not. This needs further investigation at this early stage before more damage is done here.

I would like to see all those that are know BB community members that have a good post history to be allowed into this campaign if they are not then there needs to be a good reason given. Not the explanation the bounty manger gave which was

To all the bums crying they didn't get in, or accusing me of dumb shit. You can stop anytime. Users were not accepted due to their accounts. If you want in campaigns you need to be an active poster, with fairly constructive posts, and not be a fucking alt account or bought account. Don't come in here crying cause you weren't accepted, fix the damn problem

this is not the professionalism of a serious projects bounty manager and I would expect to see this person either fired at once or start acting more like someone you  want officially associated with this project. These are for sure unfounded allegations and I would expect to see these explained and full apology especially to those who are known members of BB community long term.

JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:49:59 PM

I see already the sig bounty is turning into a cluster fuck with legitimate and known BB supporters getting annoyed and seemingly random and unfair treatment by the bounty manager there.

There are many more examples that what I post here ... enough that there is no smoke without fire so i tested it out myself and I find this is not something they are making up. I have never been left out of a sig campaign ever that I applied for.

I'm seeing genuine Byteball fans with a posting history to back this up being left out in favour of bounty hunters who probably couldn't give two shits about Byteball and will dump their Bytes for a few satoshis.
this is a very good point. i also do not find myself on the spreadsheet. hell i even own the byteball web domain in my country and i have been left out with no reason. this is probably an issue that we should take directly with the team because there seems to not be a logical explanation for some of the people left out. hehehe..and i am the first one signing in for the campaign Smiley)))

Seems weird to me too, not that I care much but I have been left out too and I used byteball signature for almost a year (for no reward at all) and I'm invested in byteball since it started. Also the campaign manager's price for doing this is pretty insane - at least back in august it was - when I wanted to do a signature campaign for BB and thought outsourcing is the way to go.. but then I reached out to him and got shocked at the price. For that price he should be able to verify everyone's post, every day and instantly accept those who are BB advocates since its inception. The 25 post / week to me seems excessive but if you think spamming the forum is the best way to spread BB, well kudos then but I really doubt people will have meaningful posts with such absurd minimum requirements.

this is very concerning ... there needs to be legitimate reason to leave out known posters and supporters of byteball.

I notice some strange choices here that I am hoping is down more to taking on too many sig bounty campaigns and not investigating thoroughly enough rather than something more worrying.

I as a byteball holder would rather see these known and trusted people on the sig campaign over those that are not interested and will dump the byteball straight away.

I would like to see well considered reply to these queries here else this will need further investigation on a more wide spread level.

I have heard allegations of bounty managers only listing those who agree to kick backs and other such devious means.

If a person is over looked or left out when they are a known poster and supporter of a project there should be in depth and complete disclosure of why that was. The selection process can not be random nor can in demonstrate any obvious unfairness.

Bounties are a large part now of the minting in some cases so absolute transparency and fairness there is essential not to taint the entire project.

I can only hope that this does not spread into futher tainting of the already shambles  like distribution process.

I hope Tony can investigate personally before this tumbles out on to the main board. I was told about this and tested it myself and was also left out.

Do you not find it curious that legitimate know legend posters are held out whilst shit post spamming obvious noob accounts are permitted.

This does not look like the signature campaign we want by pissing off current BB holders and giving it to noob trash to dump as soon as they get it.

At the least a full explanation of why these people were not allowed to take part. Else looks like a scam to me.

No way would a bounty manager hold out legends and known posters over noob trash posting shit over and over unless there was some connection between the bounty manger and these noob accounts.

It looks bad and it is only a matter of time before the main board sees a thread labelled more questionable distribution tactics attached to this project.

There is no room for opinion here there is simply observable events suggesting there is an unfair or yet unexplained strange selection for who can get rewarded for promoting byteball and who can not. This needs further investigation at this early stage before more damage is done here.

I would like to see all those that are know BB community members that have a good post history to be allowed into this campaign if they are not then there needs to be a good reason given. Not the explanation the bounty manger gave which was

To all the bums crying they didn't get in, or accusing me of dumb shit. You can stop anytime. Users were not accepted due to their accounts. If you want in campaigns you need to be an active poster, with fairly constructive posts, and not be a fucking alt account or bought account. Don't come in here crying cause you weren't accepted, fix the damn problem

this is not the professionalism of a serious projects bounty manager and I would expect to see this person either fired at once or start acting more like someone you  want officially associated with this project. These are for sure unfounded allegations and I would expect to see these explained and full apology especially to those who are known members of BB community long term.

I see some serious issues raised here, and I say this without being personally interested in joining the campaign since I am busy with another one. But I think it is not the most clever choice to piss off so many true and proved supporters of byteball. I thought we wanted to enlarge adoption, not to shrink it. Moreover, a 25 required posts per week is again a bad move, it will force people to spam the forum with byteball's signature. More weekly posts usually translates into  lower quality posts.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:19:01 PM

I see some serious issues raised here, and I say this without being personally interested in joining the campaign since I am busy with another one. But I think it is not the most clever choice to piss off so many true and proved supporters of byteball. I thought we wanted to enlarge adoption, not to shrink it. Moreover, a 25 required posts per week is again a bad move, it will force people to spam the forum with byteball's signature. More weekly posts usually translates into  lower quality posts.

Exactly and that is not the only issue.

Any unfairness with regard any part of the distribution that is unanswerable or without reasonable justification throws doubt on the entire project.

You can not hire people who are not professional it taints the project.

I wonder if TonyCH will answer this.

Hhugh

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:38:48 PM

cryptohunter, these are all reasonable arguments IMO. I've posted it to slack... will be interesting to see what the response is.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:12:56 PM

cryptohunter, these are all reasonable arguments IMO. I've posted it to slack... will be interesting to see what the response is.

Thanks.

Yes, I wonder where it was disclosed the amount that yahoo62278 got for running this campaign?

There really needs to be a full ledger for all BB spending including bounty managers fees.

The guy is either sloven and not capable of running these campaigns or is actually mismanaging these on BB on purpose.

It is possible he over looked proven posters and byteball fans for noobs with nothing other than instant dumping on their minds. But to then tell them to fuck off when they ask why is completely unacceptable.

I hope this can be resolved locally to this project/thread and further more serious actions are not needed.

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:24:35 PM

Any unfairness with regard any part of the distribution that is unanswerable or without reasonable justification throws doubt on the entire project.

am i risking to be kicked out because i write this?
i did not join a signature campaign for a while before this one. why? because i think that it is not worse to have a sig for a random shit-token-ico for some btc dust.
i joined the campaign because i like BB and i think it is justifiable to have this signature.

but i was already warned by the manager to "improve" my posts or i will be kicked out.
and i think this is not a problem only in this campaign. sig campaign developed to a spam-machine.

and my style of posting / participating in this forum does not suit signature campaigns...
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:59:53 PM

am i risking to be kicked out because i write this?
i did not join a signature campaign for a while before this one. why? because i think that it is not worse to have a sig for a random shit-token-ico for some btc dust.
i joined the campaign because i like BB and i think it is justifiable to have this signature.

but i was already warned by the manager to "improve" my posts or i will be kicked out.
and i think this is not a problem only in this campaign. sig campaign developed to a spam-machine.

and my style of posting / participating in this forum does not suit signature campaigns...

of course you can not be kicked out for writing an honest post on this board.

If you are kicked out because of that then it demonstrates that there is a huge issue here with the sig campaign.

I have NEVER seen so many complaints with a sig campaign this early on and most complaints from hero and legendary members.

You all need to realise in this situation someone who has awarded themselves a gold medal sig campaign manger has a lot more to lose by a co-ordinated campaign against his methods than any one of us. All one would have to do is warn new projects using this service the person has been linked to unfair and dubious methods of distribution and they wont touch him with a barge pole.

However I am hoping for his sake such actions will be avoidable and that he will simply reconsider the valid entry of well known bb supporters legends heros etc.

kaicrypzen

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:23:33 PM

I wonder where it was disclosed the amount that yahoo62278 got for running this campaign?

You can find it in the spreadsheet yahoo62278 uses to keep track of the participants and their payments.

PS: Please guys, keep the quoting to a relevant minimum, it just clutters up the thread, and I assume nobody actually reads what has been quoted several times. Thank you.

tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 05:18:32 PM

About 500 users have passed the quiz since launch (despite frequent offs due to bugs, running out of money, running out of daily quota, etc) but I observe some share of fraud too.  It is not very large but concerning.  To reduce the incentive for fraud, the reward will now be reduced to $2.50.

Unfortunately we are getting more cheaters.  Starting now, the reward is further reduced to $0.35.

Simplicity is beauty
vlom
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:23:57 PM

About 500 users have passed the quiz since launch (despite frequent offs due to bugs, running out of money, running out of daily quota, etc) but I observe some share of fraud too.  It is not very large but concerning.  To reduce the incentive for fraud, the reward will now be reduced to $2.50.

Unfortunately we are getting more cheaters.  Starting now, the reward is further reduced to $0.35.

could you please tell us how you find the cheaters. if i remember it right you wrote that because telegram needs a phonenumber you found a way to reduce cheating.
is there a way to use telegram with fake phonenumbers? or how did they cheat you?
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 05:30:37 PM

could you please tell us how you find the cheaters. if i remember it right you wrote that because telegram needs a phonenumber you found a way to reduce cheating.
is there a way to use telegram with fake phonenumbers? or how did they cheat you?

I see that multiple textcoins are claimed to the same address. 
They probably buy telegram accounts or virtual phone numbers.

Simplicity is beauty
vlom
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:36:14 PM

thank you.
holy shit! they make such an effort just to receive a 5$?
or i am completely uninformed and it is an easy task to get a lot of telegram accounts. this "cryptomoney-world" is really crazy. and it really looks that the only thing that matters is making money.
btw: thank you for the quiz. a learned two new things about bb.
Pages: « 1 ... 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 [898] 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: