Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:45:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233954 times)
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:38:33 AM

I need help. I have just reformat my cellphone and reinstalled byteball app. My byteball balance is now 0. Can i retrieve my original balance?

If you didn't do a backup of your wallet I am afraid you would need Harry Potter or some other magician to make your original byteball balance reappear. It is just as if you'd take your phisical wallet, full of dollars, throw it away with all the dollars inside and buy a new wallet and then ask people around how you could have the dollars you have thrown away with the old wallet appear back in the new wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moana

Activity: 298
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:30:37 AM

Aren't there at least two thousands proponents of byteball..? How is it possible that only 300 people have voted? That's why I asked if byteball was dead.

OK, I've got it. The problem is that you need to be a trader on Binance to be able to vote. Moreover, not every Byteball holder is following the thread on a constant basis.
Dr_Voidberg

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:36:58 AM

For those interested in DAG technology, Dero Project has launched a POW based DAG network which does not use witnesses or a central coordinator: https://medium.com/@joshbyatt/what-is-dero-coin-da90e3034e39
https://stats.atlantis.dero.live
meterse
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 8

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:16:16 PM

What are the results of the Venezuelan Use-a-Thon?

The winning project introduced a GBYTE/Fiat (Bolivares) gateway, making it more convenient for merchants to accept bytes as means of payment. They build their project incrementally starting off more or less manually handling all transactions and gradually introduce more and more automation and integration. So far, they have managed to successfully provide bank-transfers to/from 3 of that largest Venzuelan banks. Their volume is constantly increasing (stats not publicly available as government/regulation in Venezuela isn't exactly "safe") and it's the base foundation for more and more merchants wanting to shield their money from the insane inflation rates in the country. Even in bear markets and with depreciating price of basically any crypto, it's still far to prefer over their fiat currency that suffers inflation rates as high as 1000% per month. Consider that for a while, and then reconsider how everyone is whining in crypto these days ;-) (link: https://capybaraexchange.com)

Another project from the Use-a-Thon aims to replace the internal financial system of the Simon Bolivar University with Byteball. When a faculty applies for funding of a research project, the verification and acceptance process is rather bureaucratic and takes a long time. Once it is approved, the funds get transferred to the central financial department. This process costs extremely large fees to banks (and government) so already when the funds arrive, they have significantly decreased. From the central financial system, money are then distributed to each of the faculties/research projects again requiring large bank fees to be paid and yet another bureaucratic and lengthy process. When the money finally arrive to the research project, inflation and bank fees have rendered the granted funding to be insufficient and thus the projects cannot actually pay for the equipment or staff needed to complete the projects. For this use case, the far greatest hurdle to overcome has been to get through to the university management and get the legal consequences sorted. Thanks to one of our area representatives, who is a professor at the university, it allowed a better access to the right authorities at the university to move the project forward. The project is currently preparing to launch a beta test of the entire solution where they apply the Byteball platform to one particular set of courses, allowing external parties to pay for the courses using Bytes. Here, the Capybaraexchange comes in handy as well, as it allows the university to easily convert to/from Bolivares.

There is a third project that aims to support students financially for completing their trimester and passing their exams. Right now, the university experiences a whopping 60% of students not signing up for next trimester and thus never completing their education. The economic situation in Venezuela requires a lot of people to get a job to earn just a few dollars to be able to maintain a sustainable living. By providing a platform that allows external donors to directly "fund" a student with $3-5 a month provided they pass their exams and sign up for next trimester it is the hope that more students will be able to focus on their education and on the larger scale, be the possible change that the country so badly needs. The solution involves a student to verify their identity first before signining up to the program through an in-wallet bot. An Oracle taps into the central student system to read and post score and enrollment to the DAG for each student. If the student passes all exams, the donation stored on a smart contract will be released to the student. If not - it will be returned to the donor. No intermediaries or potentially corrupt middle man to interfere with the system. The project is currently just on the idea stage and the actual platform development still needs to be done. Again, legal issues are the main problem and getting university authorities to accept an oracle to tap into the central student system is the main hurdle. But again, the area representative will prove highly valuable to help out with that.

I don't visit bitcointalk a lot, but reading people's comments here - particularly those complaining about lack of activities, missing use cases and stuff like that - it's obvious that we generally need better forms of communicating what is actually going on. Don't you guys read the weekly newsletters? Aren't you reading the announcements on the Byteball Slack? Announcements are even relayed to our Telegram (https://t.me/byteball) so I'm actually rather surprised to learn how little "investors" apparently seem to care for their "investment" or how little effort they put into actively seeking information. It's not like any of the above have been kept secret or anything :-)

the whiners main concern is not lack of activities but the USD price of bytes

ironically many of them got their bytes for free
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:09:04 PM

What are the results of the Venezuelan Use-a-Thon?

The winning project introduced a GBYTE/Fiat (Bolivares) gateway, making it more convenient for merchants to accept bytes as means of payment. They build their project incrementally starting off more or less manually handling all transactions and gradually introduce more and more automation and integration. So far, they have managed to successfully provide bank-transfers to/from 3 of that largest Venzuelan banks. Their volume is constantly increasing (stats not publicly available as government/regulation in Venezuela isn't exactly "safe") and it's the base foundation for more and more merchants wanting to shield their money from the insane inflation rates in the country. Even in bear markets and with depreciating price of basically any crypto, it's still far to prefer over their fiat currency that suffers inflation rates as high as 1000% per month. Consider that for a while, and then reconsider how everyone is whining in crypto these days ;-) (link: https://capybaraexchange.com)

Another project from the Use-a-Thon aims to replace the internal financial system of the Simon Bolivar University with Byteball. When a faculty applies for funding of a research project, the verification and acceptance process is rather bureaucratic and takes a long time. Once it is approved, the funds get transferred to the central financial department. This process costs extremely large fees to banks (and government) so already when the funds arrive, they have significantly decreased. From the central financial system, money are then distributed to each of the faculties/research projects again requiring large bank fees to be paid and yet another bureaucratic and lengthy process. When the money finally arrive to the research project, inflation and bank fees have rendered the granted funding to be insufficient and thus the projects cannot actually pay for the equipment or staff needed to complete the projects. For this use case, the far greatest hurdle to overcome has been to get through to the university management and get the legal consequences sorted. Thanks to one of our area representatives, who is a professor at the university, it allowed a better access to the right authorities at the university to move the project forward. The project is currently preparing to launch a beta test of the entire solution where they apply the Byteball platform to one particular set of courses, allowing external parties to pay for the courses using Bytes. Here, the Capybaraexchange comes in handy as well, as it allows the university to easily convert to/from Bolivares.

There is a third project that aims to support students financially for completing their trimester and passing their exams. Right now, the university experiences a whopping 60% of students not signing up for next trimester and thus never completing their education. The economic situation in Venezuela requires a lot of people to get a job to earn just a few dollars to be able to maintain a sustainable living. By providing a platform that allows external donors to directly "fund" a student with $3-5 a month provided they pass their exams and sign up for next trimester it is the hope that more students will be able to focus on their education and on the larger scale, be the possible change that the country so badly needs. The solution involves a student to verify their identity first before signining up to the program through an in-wallet bot. An Oracle taps into the central student system to read and post score and enrollment to the DAG for each student. If the student passes all exams, the donation stored on a smart contract will be released to the student. If not - it will be returned to the donor. No intermediaries or potentially corrupt middle man to interfere with the system. The project is currently just on the idea stage and the actual platform development still needs to be done. Again, legal issues are the main problem and getting university authorities to accept an oracle to tap into the central student system is the main hurdle. But again, the area representative will prove highly valuable to help out with that.

I don't visit bitcointalk a lot, but reading people's comments here - particularly those complaining about lack of activities, missing use cases and stuff like that - it's obvious that we generally need better forms of communicating what is actually going on. Don't you guys read the weekly newsletters? Aren't you reading the announcements on the Byteball Slack? Announcements are even relayed to our Telegram (https://t.me/byteball) so I'm actually rather surprised to learn how little "investors" apparently seem to care for their "investment" or how little effort they put into actively seeking information. It's not like any of the above have been kept secret or anything :-)

the whiners main concern is not lack of activities but the USD price of bytes

ironically many of them got their bytes for free

this type of degenerate behaviour is not isolated to byteball either

I have seen many investors whiners being concerned at 95% real terms USD drops on their investments bags

pineapple express

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:15:23 PM

this type of degenerate behaviour is not isolated to byteball either

I have seen many investors whiners being concerned at 95% real terms USD drops on their investments bags

Fall is the only qualitative project analytics. If the price falls by more than 90% you know that this project a scam and not worth for long term investments.
barborrico

Activity: 111
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:57:14 PM

Yes yes, we know, we dont deserve the coins. Fortunately for us, if the foundation tries to do some kind of redistribution, then all bytes will worth exactly 0.
But if they could do it without consecuences, I am quite sure they would.
Punqtured

Activity: 29
Merit: 37

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:20:01 PM

Fresh material on Byteball's ICO-offers just released.
slavino

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:26:27 AM

any changes with byteball bot wcg? 2 days without rewards  Wink thanks for explain
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:36:23 AM

Does anyone know the captain of WCG's Byteball team named Papabyte?

There starts the WCG's Thor Callenge on the end of September. We are currently the 13th best team of all teams in terms of daily run time. So we have really good chances to get into the top ranks.

To participate on the callenge, the team leaders need to accept the invitation which they receive via email. I figured out that our team leader has not opt-in receiving emails on the WCG team page, so s(he) is probably not aware of the callenge.

https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread?thread=41044
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16550

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 11:45:01 AM

2. byteball has 3 fruit and veg stores in italy using it and a piano shop- those can only afford to use mission critical working products..
It would be really good if Byteball can use the cash back program on a Chinese webshop (DealExtreme, Lightinthebox, Banggood, Miniinthebox and/or others). That will give a much larger wordwide audience. Local shops won't give exponential growth in adoption.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:11:42 PM
Merited by cryptohunter (2)

I think Tony should burn the remaining undistributed bytes.

This would:

1. Serve as a token of gratitude to everyone who has believed in the project so far.

2. End the current uncertainty about the remaining bytes. It was once crystal clear who was getting what and when. This is no longer the case.
Tony distributed bytes to BTC users in hopes it would give BB the best possible chance to succeed. Most agreed this was a sound system for multiple reasons.
After x months Tony believed continuing this process was no longer the most optimal route to gain new users. I can understand this reasoning as well.
Sidenote: I personally think he should have done this whole distribution in just 1-3 steps. Sure, repeating the percentage bonus over and over created hype. However it also further increased the gap between holders. Personally I'm not sure if the former made up for the latter.

But here we are and the distributions to BTC holders has ended. Great. I think Tony has done a fantastic job with this project so far. Now just burn the rest. Let us move forward from here knowing the distribution process has been completed. This would help making the current core of the community as happy as it can be before continuing the expansion outwards. You want us to be as motivated as possible to help you out with this expansion. You already have a great product and it's only going to get better..but you also need to preserve and encourage the community you've built so far.

I'd also support Tony taking 5% for himself instead of just 1. He could also ask for donations if he needs more bytes.
I bet a lot of people would be more than happy to send him some extra bytes if he'd just burn the rest.

// Mac
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:38:21 PM

This would:

1. Serve as a token of gratitude to everyone who has believed in the project so far.

2. End the current uncertainty about the remaining bytes. It was once crystal clear who was getting what and when. This is no longer the case.
Tony distributed bytes to BTC users in hopes it would give BB the best possible chance to succeed. Most agreed this was a sound system for multiple reasons.
After x months Tony believed continuing this process was no longer the most optimal route to gain new users. I can understand this reasoning as well.
Sidenote: I personally think he should have done this whole distribution in just 1-3 steps. Sure, repeating the percentage bonus over and over created hype. However it also further increased the gap between holders. Personally I'm not sure if the former made up for the latter.

But here we are and the distributions to BTC holders has ended. Great. I think Tony has done a fantastic job with this project so far. Now just burn the rest. Let us move forward from here knowing the distribution process has been completed. This would help making the current core of the community as happy as it can be before continuing the expansion outwards. You want us to be as motivated as possible to help you out with this expansion. You already have a great product and it's only going to get better..but you also need to preserve and encourage the community you've built so far.

I'd also support Tony taking 5% for himself instead of just 1. He could also ask for donations if he needs more bytes.
I bet a lot of people would be more than happy to send him some extra bytes if he'd just burn the rest.

// Mac

for sure ...let's all start putting pressure to go in this direction.

else like someone else suggested start pushing the cash back to some sensible online places that have some traffic and adoption.

I prefer the burn it and let tony keep 5% Idea.

TobiWan

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:44:00 PM

Meanwhile byteball has dropped to 65;) I hope it will drop to 50.
Real14Hero

Activity: 952
Merit: 576

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:45:59 PM

I dont know when will this stablize or if it will stablize or not.

Its really really sad to see decline of such a nice project and this now makes it look like a scam. Good for people who sold it when the price was 10x.
barborrico

Activity: 111
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:49:39 PM

You can't treat every byte as if it were gold, while ignoring reality. I know the awesome tech behind them, but, well, that does not guarantee mass adoption, see VHS vs beta...

But don't worry guys, when bytes would be being distributed faster than now (due to lower price), then magically all distributions will be capped.

The only thing I like of this kind of "distribution": tied to $ value.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:50:37 PM

any changes with byteball bot wcg? 2 days without rewards  Wink thanks for explain

Yes, there were no payouts for 2 days but 8 hours ago a payment came into my wallet from the wcg bot.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:25:13 PM

I dont know when will this stablize or if it will stablize or not.

Its really really sad to see decline of such a nice project and this now makes it look like a scam. Good for people who sold it when the price was 10x.

Actually, from the supply that has been made, it seems that the price will go where, but what happens is beyond expectations. Byteball should be more than $ 100 and survive, but instead follow the current market turmoil.
slavino

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:33:59 PM

how can i to send GBYTE to bitrrex when doesnt working QR scanning wallets address on bittrex? any help? just manually write? blah
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16550

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 05:41:21 PM

I don't agree. Look at Stellar Lumens for example, another coin I received through airdrops. I got them around the same time as the Byteball airdrops, and both coins had about the same market cap.
Stellar went up, Byteball went down. Stellar's market cap is now almost 100 times larger than Byteball's market cap, while less than 20% of all XLM has been distributed.

All Byteball needs to do is "catch on", and it can easily go 100x or more. But since I've been hoping for that, only the opposite has happened.
Undistributed funds that can be used for promotions are still an edge.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: