Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:53:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233948 times)
meterse
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 8

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 10:10:06 AM

I found the name repulsive from the beginning. The only reason why I was involved with the project at that time was the "Blackbytes". But they probably don't play a role anymore. The various inquiries in this direction are ignored obtrusively.

Bytes and Blackbyte are the only balances that show after fresh wallet installs now, not sure why you said Blackbytes dont play a role?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meterse
Copper Member

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 10:12:39 AM

It's just impossible to download a full node, same problem as Ethereum.

On chain scaling has been proved to be impossible. ^

This shows why we need small blocks and a second layer for scaling.

unlike ethereum byteball has no blocks

Sure, but it still has a chain of transactions which has become so massive that a full node can't be downloaded on a desktop computer.

it depends on your connection speed, I think most full nodes use remote servers

Actually, it mainly depends on your drive. Even with a fiber optic internet connection, if you don't have an SSD, then syncing just gets insanely slow at some point. If you want a full node, you must use an SSD.
so basically byterbak get rid of blocks and get relativity fast, cheap transactions and finality in exchange for decentralization and ddos resistance? Is this worth it?

Requiring an SSD isn't really sacrificing decentralization; having one dude run all twelve validating nodes is though. And having one dude hand pick a replacement for four of them isn't solving the issue.

This is certainly a major issue.

which? if you mean witness selection please see my previous comment, first time round team is working on it, but network will decide in the future who witnesses will be
whenearth

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 10:39:20 AM

Got 5 minutes? Here's a worthwhile quick read:

https://steemit.com/byteball/@byteball.org/steem-use-a-thon-by-byteball-winners-announcement

Nice..  Cool
Thul

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 10:40:33 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2018, 10:51:50 AM by Thul

[...] We need a real community, not the steem bots and twitter shitposters!
A serious commuity doesn't exist anymore after all.

Suggestions to place the thing on a solid foundation are arrogantly ignored. Instead one Gambling Bullshit comes after the other.

Improvement? Absolutely not in sight.

Marketing means a demand-oriented corporate policy, something that Tony's team doesn't understand at all.
Thul

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 10:49:54 AM

I found the name repulsive from the beginning. The only reason why I was involved with the project at that time was the "Blackbytes". But they probably don't play a role anymore. The various inquiries in this direction are ignored obtrusively.

Bytes and Blackbyte are the only balances that show after fresh wallet installs now, not sure why you said Blackbytes dont play a role?
The various inquiries, as it looks with the further parallel distribution of the Blackbytes remain unanswered also after months.

A Blackbyte-Byte exchange has closed in the meantime.

There is still no decentralized possibility to exchange Blackbytes directly for Fiat. Also one does not know whether anything at all can be expected in this direction.

Acceptance points for Blackbytes?
There would be certainly. The team should orient itself only in the right direction.
meterse
Copper Member

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:26:50 AM

The various inquiries, as it looks with the further parallel distribution of the Blackbytes remain unanswered also after months.

A Blackbyte-Byte exchange has closed in the meantime.

There is still no decentralized possibility to exchange Blackbytes directly for Fiat. Also one does not know whether anything at all can be expected in this direction.

Acceptance points for Blackbytes?
There would be certainly. The team should orient itself only in the right direction.

The Blackbyte exchange you are referring to was run by a community member, who closed it due to lack of volume

http://freebe.byte-ball.com/ is run by another community member

Exchange Blackbytes for fiat? You seem to be missing the point of privacy coins
Thul

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:45:04 AM

The Blackbyte exchange you are referring to was run by a community member, who closed it due to lack of volume
Which doesn't change the fact that there's only one now. - You say it yourself: Lack of demand.
Increasing demand would now be the task of marketing, but that would rather be limited to saying that there is no demand. - Very imaginative.  Roll Eyes

In the context of a wallet-internal solution (see the decentralized Exchange BISQ), this would be quite feasible (if it were wanted).
This has already been proposed several times here. Feedback: 0

The question of how Blackbyte distribution will continue is still unanswered...
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 12:53:47 PM

It's just impossible to download a full node, same problem as Ethereum.

On chain scaling has been proved to be impossible. ^

This shows why we need small blocks and a second layer for scaling.

unlike ethereum byteball has no blocks

Sure, but it still has a chain of transactions which has become so massive that a full node can't be downloaded on a desktop computer.

it depends on your connection speed, I think most full nodes use remote servers

Actually, it mainly depends on your drive. Even with a fiber optic internet connection, if you don't have an SSD, then syncing just gets insanely slow at some point. If you want a full node, you must use an SSD.
so basically byterbak get rid of blocks and get relativity fast, cheap transactions and finality in exchange for decentralization and ddos resistance? Is this worth it?

Requiring an SSD isn't really sacrificing decentralization; having one dude run all twelve validating nodes is though. And having one dude hand pick a replacement for four of them isn't solving the issue.

This is certainly a major issue.

which? if you mean witness selection please see my previous comment, first time round team is working on it, but network will decide in the future who witnesses will be

well that is promising news anyway.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:01:48 PM

Byteball is clearly undervalued compared to many other projects out there.

However this was always going to happen due to the initial distribution of giving HUGE amounts of the minting free to other ico managers.

This was compounded by the messing with the distribution plans over and over.

I agree stopping byteballs based on bitcoin linked but people who bought byteball on the understanding of getting a kind of bb pos payout on full moons should have got them.

All of this folding and steam and other social media is doing nothing. Nobody gets enough to have any real stake in the project and just dumps their dust alsoI  believe most of it is just gamed away since we can seem to muster no votes to get on any exchanges even though we have apparently given some to 1000's of people.

I mean may be better just to give 10% to binance or kucoin directly or some other large exchange.

Best plan = tony keeps 5% and burns the rest

or

tony gets some team together of developers that can push this design to full potential and give them some stake in the project.  I think a total of 15% is more than enough to secure long term development for that.

burn the rest or airdrop it all to currenty holders who more than deserve it for clinging on this long

this project does not deserve to be knocked out of the top 50 and to see it kicked from the top 200 is insane.

I am still accumulating for long term but tonych needs to get involved with the community a lot more.

I would advice taking a more David zimbeck approach. This dev is very active in coding but also answers and listens to his community on many things and takes times to explain his actions so that the community has a lot of faith even when price tanks with all the other alts.

Byteball needs a team not just 1 or 2 people in almost complete isolation.

Guffy

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

I mean may be better just to give 10% to binance or kucoin directly or some other large exchange.
Best plan = tony keeps 5% and burns the rest
tony gets some team together of developers that can push this design to full potential and give them some stake in the project.  I think a total of 15% is more than enough to secure long term development for that.
burn the rest or airdrop it all to currenty holders who more than deserve it for clinging on this lon

Reserving ~110,433 GB for the Foundation still leaves about 22% of the total supply on the table. To make sure that we won’t sit back and enjoy our monthly dose of GBYTE turned into USD or EUR we also want to reserve 50% of the total 36 month payroll budget for a long term Motivation Plan for team members and advisors. https://medium.com/byteball/the-future-of-byteball-the-byteball-foundation-cca9d495bf46
altcoinb

Activity: 349
Merit: 132

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 02:02:35 PM

We need more exchanges! Today a friend ask me "now byteball is very cheap, where i can buy bytes?".
My answer was since 6 months the same, bittrex! But bittrex is for my friend a nogo, because they need ID verification.
The current bad solution is now, he give me money and i buy bytes for him Roll Eyes

It's not just traders on exchanges, there are maybe future users for the byteball plattform.
I love the cheap price at the moment Grin but we need massadoption and a better marketing strategy.
consort

Activity: 31
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 02:13:21 PM

byterbal is a language of value between users. Without users byterbal will fail. Without liquidity there's no users. Without the potential to store value inside of it, byterbal will not have liquidity. Byterbal needs to return bitcoin airdrops and try to start over. If you love byterbal, sell your bytes and show Tony that you against politics of his mediocre marketing team. We need a real community, not the steem bots and twitter shitposters!

"...try to start over".
Following this thread, having found the byteball project about three weeks ago, I realize Tony stopped the bitcoin airdrops because some beneficiaries dumped their GBytes as quickly as possible, causing consistent loss of value. It is the same challenge they are currently facing, where a few accounts sell over 38 BTC worth of Gbyte in 24 hours, set up a huge sell wall everyday, and hold the entire project to ransom, some using free Gbytes they got from airdrops. I don't envy Tony; he is at crossroads - damned if you do; damned if you don't. Things may not be perfect, but the ability to take decisions, stick to them, or correct them if need be (like the great step of stopping bitcoin airdrops), will guide this project to the expected endpoint.
keeek

Activity: 44
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 02:14:47 PM

As a BYTEBALL user and investor of the first hour I would like to thank you for the very good work of the team and especially Tony. I continue to stick to this project and see great potential in it.

The mobile wallet is great and intuitive, the same goes for the desktop wallet. I would recommend anyone to try the wallets and chatbots.
However, I would like to attach a few constructive criticisms and suggestions for improvement:

a) Bot Store: The amount of new chatbots makes this area more and more confusing. Best Case would be a UI like the Apple App Store with overviews, recommendations, different categories and with detailed descriptions. The chatbots urgently need a better detail page.

b) The Unit Byte: I know, this is a much discussed topic and actually the unit is good. In reality, the representation of bytes and the jump between bytes, MB and GB is often confusing. For example, it took me two tries to transfer the correct amount from my desktop wallet (unit there: GB) to my mobile wallet (unit there: MB), although I'm actually very familiar with bytes, megabytes, and so on. So I used a wrong value in GB and sent me 0.1 MB, although I wanted to send 100 MB. I was just too lazy to switch my desktop wallet to MB.
Furthermore, the block explorer with bytes as a unit is not usable by the human eye. There are just too big numbers to capture them at a glance. Generally I would recommend to relaunch the block explorer. The Explorer is very confusing.
My recommendation would be to install a simple switch anywhere in the UI or to take MB as the default, at least for the block explorer.

c) Website / Communication: Honestly, the website seems to me "too cheap". Sorry for the harsh words. The website / communication (+ YT, Twitter, etc.) is not worthy of a multi-million dollar project. The website looks like a $ 25 WordPress theme. This always strikes me when the buttons "Subscribe to Newsletter" and "Download Wallet" appear. This looks like a "purchased standard theme"! A simple website was good at the beginning and underlined the "it just works" principle. But this has to evolve. The website and the whole communication concept should promote real professionals, not just a single graphic designer or individual consultant. Take a real communication leader and put everything to the test. I mean, for example an agency like the one that has created the new corporate logo and developed the new livery of the aircraft at Lufthansa. An agency from this league. Byteball also plays in this league. This costs a lot of money, yes, but it is well spent money.

Thanks LoyceV and kaicrypzen for the merit. But I would also like to discuss these topics with the Byteball team or Tony. Is there a community manager, who does not copies Twitter posts here only, but also shares an opinion?

Of course, I also know that the website has been relaunched before. But seriously, that was a rebrush (different colors, more mobile friendly, text centered and a few cheap button animations).

Money is an emotional issue and this must also be communicated through the Byteball website. Currently there is no "mass adaption" with this website because it was made by a technician for technicians. The website is similar to an API documentation or a technology wiki! I have been working in the Internet industry for 20 years and I know it when programmers try to design and do marketing ...

Of course, I do not want any stock images to be posted on the website, it needs a good agency that develops a good communication concept for the emotional topic of "new money Byteball". A good concept conveys innovation, security and a "do not miss"-feeling.

Do not get me wrong, but the current communication strategy of the brand "Byteball" must be changed.

It was now admitted that the end of the last outstanding Airdrop was a mistake. Yes, it was a mistake that needs to be corrected urgently. For example, I had an art gallery in Switzerland as a customer who wanted to test bytes for payment. Since the last Airdrop was canceled, although it was announced for months, the customer has lost the confidence and interest in Byteball.
Here was an announcement broken and therefore I advise the Byteball team to bite the bullet and redeem this announcement and make up for the last Airdrop. Otherwise this breach of trust will always accompany Byteball. Someone will always put their finger in the wound.

Another point is the lack of liquidity. Sometimes, when I bought a few bytes, it felt like I had doubled the global trading volume. It is in the nature of things that a means of payment must be liquid. My two cents: Finding new exchanges should be at the top of the priority list for the Byteball team. Better knock on the doors of other exchanges and realize 1-2 new features less or later.

In general, Byteball needs to build up momentum again. Currently, all good news goes down because of the bitcoin down trend. Again, I would like to suggest the following:
Dear Byteball Team, dear Tony, please use the time of the bear market to work out a great communication concept with a good agency. This takes time, including the relaunch of the strategy Web, Twitter, FB ... maybe 6 months. Announce the commissioning of the communication agency. This announcement could already slow down the current down trend. But save some good news until the wind has turned again at Bitcoin. As an indicator you can take, for example, when the Bitcoin price is traded above the 200-day MA.

My hopes for new momentum at Byteball:

a) The new communication strategy will be rolled out
b) the then announced last Airdrop will be made up and thus all old announcements are now really implemented and the confidence restored
c) A new listing on a major exchange frame the first two points

>> Byteball is sure to be back on everyone's lips, a top topic and the Top50 only a first stopover.
meterse
Copper Member

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:15:20 PM

Which doesn't change the fact that there's only one now. - You say it yourself: Lack of demand.
Increasing demand would now be the task of marketing, but that would rather be limited to saying that there is no demand. - Very imaginative.  Roll Eyes

In the context of a wallet-internal solution (see the decentralized Exchange BISQ), this would be quite feasible (if it were wanted).

please elaborate re 'context of a wallet-internal solution'

where was it proposed? please post a url

dealing with government fiat requiries regulation and identifity verification, so how is this private?
consort

Activity: 31
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:16:41 PM

Hey Tonych, thanks for distributing these coins to new users. ----? Will you plan other distro models along with cashbacks, verification giveaways and textcoins?

34.5% left.
Yes other methods will be added.

Hi Tonych, are you accepting new users for the cashback program? I see the possibility of getting hundreds/thousands of customers to purchase everyday items using bytes. That way, we could ignite interest in a group of previous "non-users". I filled some google form in a medium article for this purpose three weeks ago, but it seems that channel is not being monitored.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:48:19 PM

dealing with government fiat requiries regulation and identifity verification, so how is this private?

Bisq is a p2p trading platform that doesn't require KYC. It supports bitcoin/fiat trades as well as btc versus alts.
https://bisq.network/faq/
Thul

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:48:51 PM

Take a look at BISQ (an exchange that is listed on Byteball homepage).

With BISQ you don't need "identifity verification". Anyone can exchange Fiat for BTC. The identity is known exclusively to the respective exchange partners. The bank does not know what exactly is traded.
Also otherwise there is no central contact point which could be queried.

On this basis, not only blackbytes but also bytes could be traded against Fiat. And then one would finally have an urgently needed interface for the direct exchange of Fiat <-> Byte/Blackbytes.

Tony knows very well. Ask him.
Unfortunately he prefers to get bogged down in gimmicks rather than real applications, which would pave the way for a mass adaptation to give appropriate space.

milugau

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:52:51 PM

Bisq is a p2p trading platform that doesn't require KYC. It supports bitcoin/fiat trades as well as btc versus alts.
I love fiat trading pairs and no KYC for withdrawals.
It is terrible if users can deposit easily but got troubles with KYC process when they try withdrawing their coins/ money.
meterse
Copper Member

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:25:37 PM

if thats the case it that answers the Blackbyte question from above
Real Miracle

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:30:11 PM

if thats the case it that answers the Blackbyte question from above
Good to see byteball is ramping up its marketing operation.  When and how it will be conducted?

Pages: « 1 ... 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: