Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:52:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233948 times)
Thul

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:24:45 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2018, 09:13:39 AM by Thul

Only 5 coins lost over 90% of value. TOP Scam
Grin

The developer doesn't care. For him it is anyway only a toy, and as long as the courtiers stroke his ego...  Roll Eyes

Maybe interesting for psychologists: How does the audience react to applications that might not become relevant for 10 years?  Tongue

Edit: It looks as if the "dirty tricks" of other projects manipulate the target group of speculators much better.  Wink

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
barborrico

Activity: 111
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:07:12 AM

Is it possible to send bytes using other chats? or only through the byte wallet? I think if you add a similar function to discard or Slark, it will be a huge success.  Shocked
You can use textcoins by DM too.
pineapple express

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:20:57 AM

Only 5 coins lost over 90% of value. TOP Scam
Grin

The developer doesn't care. For him it is anyway only a toy, and as long as the courtiers stroke his ego...  Roll Eyes

Maybe interesting for psychologists: How does the audience react to applications that might not become relevant for 10 years?  Tongue

Edit: It looks as if the "dirty tricks" of other projects manipulate the target group of speculators much better.  Wink

Tony want byterbal be successful. But "Advisors", people around Tony give the wrong advices. It's fine because everyone is wrong. Bad is that they don't want to admit their mistakes. They happy to think everything is just market. When you show them before and after, comparing it with other projects, they ask you go to doctor. This is some sort of mega pride of advisers multiplied by the dictatorship of toych.
Thul

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:31:48 AM

Is it possible to send bytes using other chats? or only through the byte wallet? I think if you add a similar function to discard or Slark, it will be a huge successShocked
Not really.
Most people are afraid of having to install a new app without any benefit from it.

Textcoins are brilliant, but completely worthless without use case. They are also again only the second step before the first.

In the end, the coins will be forgotten and lost in nirvana.
Thul

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:46:14 AM

Tony want byterbal be successful. [...]
I don't think so, otherwise he would learn from his wrong decisions and face constructive criticism, personally. Other developers can do that too.
When the advice is no good, one does not listen to it anymore. But his ego is more important to him than the project.

Aside from that, I can agree with you.
pineapple express

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:47:44 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2018, 10:16:06 AM by pineapple express

rip
https://decryptmedia.com/2018/09/25/hedera-hashgraph-blockchain-alternative/?utm_content=bufferc698d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
sad news, fork of byterbal going to replace this kingdom of dictatorship and madness
“We are putting together a council of 39 of the largest, most trusted, multinational corporations from around the world to govern the platform and the software that will run on millions of nodes globally,”  says Seah. “This governance structure is unique among the public ledgers that currently exist.”
A slew of companies have hitched their wagons to HH, including: gaming company alto.io; virtual trading platform, TrakInvest; CULedger, a consortium of North American credit unions; and Open VMS, the OS that powers critical infrastructure such as nuclear power plants and stock markets. So that’s reassuring

Random-String-Symphony

Activity: 77
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:36:57 AM

rip
https://decryptmedia.com/2018/09/25/hedera-hashgraph-blockchain-alternative/?utm_content=bufferc698d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
sad news, fork of byterbal going to replace this kingdom of dictatorship and madness
“We are putting together a council of 39 of the largest, most trusted, multinational corporations from around the world to govern the platform and the software that will run on millions of nodes globally,”  says Seah. “This governance structure is unique among the public ledgers that currently exist.”
A slew of companies have hitched their wagons to HH, including: gaming company alto.io; virtual trading platform, TrakInvest; CULedger, a consortium of North American credit unions; and Open VMS, the OS that powers critical infrastructure such as nuclear power plants and stock markets. So that’s reassuring

This is the exact opposite of what Byteball is trying to achieve. Hashgraph is licensed, patented, federated, has centralized power, etc. While they will probably achieve a lot because it is much closer to the models big corporates are used to it is by no means a better model (for end users) than Byteball.

⚪ Obyte     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Thul

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:53:46 AM

Almost all projects vie for the market of the fiat-focused flock of sheep. Bite ball is no exception.

The project, which recognizes the current signs of the times and concentrates on the exponentially growing unregulated markets, will however have an immediate and lasting success.
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:05:56 AM

i think someone need push byteball on exchange
PinchClock

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:23:26 AM

Writers wanted!

New Byteball contest: https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/9ud8j5/writers_wanted_new_byteball_contest/
tarmo888

Activity: 563

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 11:52:50 AM

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/out-of-context

You quoted me by cutting out everything that explained why the rankings are meaningless because you wanted to make me look stupid. Let me explain you again: if the prices of almost all cryptocurrencies dropped over 90%, but also a lot of new cryptocurrencies were created during the bull-run then did Byteball dropped in rankings because it lost a lot more in price or because a lot new cryptocurrencies were created. That's why rankings are meaningless, because rank 51 and 52 itself doesn't tell you anything besides the order of marketcap size.

Oh come on bro, editing reply posts to make them more readable is standard practice on forums, don't be a dick

Your logic is flawed, I can find numerous examples of coins that have stayed in the top50 for years now,  despite all the new coins, BUT, during this same period byteball dropped approx 150 ranking places, and you say that is meaningless ... XMR, NEM, LTC, Dash are all still top20,  most next tier coins down to rank 50 are relatively stable in rankings too. Yes, prices have tanked for everything, but CMC rankings are quite stable especially the top50, despite all the new coins.

CMC ranking is an important metric, especially over time.

Your logic is ridiculous if it doesn't recognize a ranking drop of  approx 150 places is very meaningful,  some new projects struggle for recognition which explains their low rankings, BUT byteball was a top50 coin (not exactly sure what the highest rank BB achieved was), it was highly visible with lots of support, and then BB LOST it, people who liked Tony as a dev, and the tech itself have stopped supporting. That is clearly shown by the ranking drop of 150 places on CMC, and it's meaningful, despite all the obvious flaws with young crypto markets.

Trimming quotes is fine, if you don't take them out of context.

Of course there are coins that stayed in TOP50 for years, these are TOP20 coins you are talking about. The ranking there is less to change because marketcap is in billions. The further down the ranking list, the more meaningless the ranking becomes. There is huge difference if the coin is on 7th place or 8th place, there is little difference, if the coin is on 157th or 207th. TOP10 is stable now, it used to be that TOP5 was stable, even so that many index funds won't touch anything out of TOP5. TOP50 is not stable, many new coins shot up in there during bull-run.
mtraveller

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:57:05 AM

Byteball is gonna eat all, whatever your call, you've proven wrong all day long.
Whats up hey what's up hoe coming here bitchin like we were foes.

Don't worry, don't hurry, it ain't gonna go any lowie.
So don't stress lower your tongue stretch people see a wretch.  Roll Eyes
TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:10:39 PM

Byteball is gonna eat all, whatever your call, you've proven wrong all day long.

Crypto is just game of believe if we have strong nervous system than it's easy for us to control over our emotions and stay calm down during panic situation. If we will keep strong believe than one day it will rock.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 
Thul

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:20:30 PM

Crypto is just game of believe if we have strong nervous system than it's easy for us to control over our emotions and stay calm down during panic situation. If we will keep strong believe than one day it will rock.
In the right market segment it is already doing so today.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:22:06 PM

I'm guessing English is not your first language. Which could in part be why there is a slight communication loss. Not that is a criticism at all.
What communication loss? Wasn't it you who said that we should freeze Max Kordek (ceo of lisk) wallet? And then changed your story to voluntary staking idea. I think you have problems with English.

meanwhile Max Kordek ceo of lisk own the biggest byterbal individual wallet, and paid $0. Are you crazy tarmo888?
Let's take a vote to freeze that wallet, and any other huge wallets we know ico managers are holding

I see now that  it is a language barrier.

These are separate ideas and not related at all except for the word freeze.

Like my previous example you can not just grab 2 words from 2 different paragraphs and conflate them to mean the same thing.

1. changing the rules in a way that is seen as negatively impacting investors without consultation...

is not the same as

2. changing the rules to benefit investors after full consultation.

You can't say because 1 destroyed trust that 2 would destroy trust also because there are the same words about changing rules in there.

There is no changing my story these are seperate ideas relating to seperate actions.

1. is the taking back an unfair amount of free coins given to someone on the basis of bitcoin that were not even theirs.

2. is relating to the distribution of the 22% remaining via a process that would resemble a tiered pos system with voluntary lockdown by real investors.

these are not mutually exclusive and not even really related.

Please do your best to understand and take time to think it over before replying.

After reading back through our discussion I can honestly say I believe you are confused and not deliberately trying to mislead people.

Can anyone else confirm this person really is a dev working for BB???

How do I know I am not being trolled here

tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 02:11:52 PM

I'm guessing English is not your first language. Which could in part be why there is a slight communication loss. Not that is a criticism at all.
What communication loss? Wasn't it you who said that we should freeze Max Kordek (ceo of lisk) wallet? And then changed your story to voluntary staking idea. I think you have problems with English.

meanwhile Max Kordek ceo of lisk own the biggest byterbal individual wallet, and paid $0. Are you crazy tarmo888?
Let's take a vote to freeze that wallet, and any other huge wallets we know ico managers are holding

1. is the taking back an unfair amount of free coins given to someone on the basis of bitcoin that were not even theirs.

Do you understand that this is the main reason why Bitcoin was created (2008 bailout anybody?), so nobody could not take away something that you already have? This is not a language barrier, it is crazy to even suggest something like that like freezing somebody's account retro-actively. You are being trolling by yourself.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:41:33 PM

Do you understand that this is the main reason why Bitcoin was created (2008 bailout anybody?), so nobody could not take away something that you already have? This is not a language barrier, it is crazy to even suggest something like that like freezing somebody's account retro-actively. You are being trolling by yourself.

You should really quote the entire post and put it all into context really.

Imagine if with bitcoin you could decide to turn off miners rewards  after they purchased machinery. 

Anyway fellow byteball fan. Let us not quibble over small matters like getting back huge proportions of the minting that were claimed for free under questionable means. However actually max seems okay and I think he could well decide to do something nice with the bytes so I wasn't actually singling him out. If I were these big ico managers with tons of free bytes I would have distributed them to my ico investors or actually just not claimed them in the first place.

Let's for now put that behind us if everyone thinks that is a bad idea.

Let's move forward and work together on things.

I'm actually one of the main promoters on the main board regarding byteball actually. You should be very pleased to have me onboard and not be instructing me to start my own fork off of byteball.

If I were community manager here I would have huge community behind byteball  by now. Obviously I would not have made some of the rash decisions that have been made without getting the community onboard first. But what is done is done we can still succeed if we all work together.

I'm ready.

tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 04:53:08 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2018, 05:06:41 PM by tarmo888

Imagine if with bitcoin you could decide to turn off miners rewards  after they purchased machinery.  
This is not Bitcoin! I repeat, NOT A Bitcoin, not even a fork. There is no miners - no economy of scale. By linking your Bitcoin address to Byteball one, you did not need to buy any machinery.
Nobody is entitled for Byteball bytes and nothing is taken away from anybody if they don't get it. Goal of Byteball distribution is to be fair and as wide as possible, doesn't matter which distribution method archives that goal. If anybody thinks that they know how to have even fairer and wider distribution then ideas are welcome and if you are developer then you can apply for grant too to build that distribution method. If you are wondering why some kind of distribution methods have not implemented yet then there is probably reasons for that, it's pretty easy: just ask yourself, would that be fair and wide distribution? And then next one, does it bring any other value to platform after the distribution is over or is it just for sake of distribution.

I'm actually one of the main promoters on the main board regarding byteball actually. You should be very pleased to have me onboard and not be instructing me to start my own fork off of byteball.
All forks are welcome, it is not a bad thing, everybody wins (from more developers on similar tech).

If I were community manager here I would have huge community behind byteball  by now. Obviously I would not have made some of the rash decisions that have been made without getting the community onboard first. But what is done is done we can still succeed if we all work together.
Maybe you could be a great community manager, I do not know that, but I am skeptical about it if you consider locking somebody's funds retro-actively as viable solution for a cryptocurrency. Also, would help if you understood the differences of Bitcoin and Byteball. No miners is pretty obvious thing, which should be super difficult to miss.
I am also not aware if there is a position like that available, I am not running for that position, I am just fighting against the FUD that this Byteball announcements topic is full of.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:00:58 PM

Imagine if with bitcoin you could decide to turn off miners rewards  after they purchased machinery. 
This is not Bitcoin! I repeat, NOT A Bitcoin, not even close. There is no miners - no economy of scale. By linking your Bitcoin address to Byteball one, you did not need to buy any machinery.
Nobody is entitled for Byteball bytes and nothing is taken away from anybody if they don't get it. Goal of Byteball distribution is to be fair and as wide as possible, doesn't matter which distribution method archives that goal. If anybody thinks that they know how to have even fairer and wider distribution then ideas are welcome and if you are developer then you can apply for grant too to build that distribution method. If you are wondering why some kind of distribution methods have not implemented then there is probably reasons for that, it's pretty easy: just ask yourself, would that be fair and wide distribution?

All forks are welcome, it is not a bad thing, everybody wins.

If I were community manager here I would have huge community behind byteball  by now. Obviously I would not have made some of the rash decisions that have been made without getting the community onboard first. But what is done is done we can still succeed if we all work together.
Maybe you could be a great community manager, I do not know that, but I am skeptical about it if you consider locking somebody's funds as viable solution for a cryptocurrency. Also, would help if you understood the differences of Bitcoin and Byteball. No miners is pretty obvious thing, which should be super difficult to miss.
I am also not aware if there is a position like that available, I am not running for that position, I am just fighting against the FUD that this Byteball announcements topic is full of.

If you are doing what you believe is best for BB then that is good enough.

All will have different opinions on what is best. My opinion is simply to keep as many people happy as possible so we can build a strong community. I acknowledge opinions on deeper technical matters are not anything the community should concern themselves with unless they have a deep understanding of this technology.

Let's move forward and a pull this back to a more sensible MC in the top 50 at least.

I suspect there has been a long period of accumulation here.

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:19:04 PM

how long does it usually take for the first confirmation?
10 minutes and still nothing.

Pages: « 1 ... 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: