Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:02:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233915 times)
coloseum

Activity: 219
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:25:17 AM

I think that now many burning butt due to too low prices at the coin. But many do not want to notice the fact that the scales have become larger.
Byteball community have expanded considerably this year.
In my opinion, burning will help to decrease total supply, which might have good impacts on GBYTE's price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thul

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 06:20:33 AM

Nobody is doing the project a favour if deficits are always beautified.

That's why it took almost two years to finally use other names instead of byteball, bytes and blackbytes.

Critics are the most important capital for a project. Where this leads if you ignore them penetratingly can be seen here.

Bite ball offers solutions that nobody currently needs (if at all). But where are those you need?

There won't be mass adoption if you don't focus on the current benefit.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 06:39:47 PM

That's why it took almost two years to finally use other names instead of byteball, bytes and blackbytes.

Critics are the most important capital for a project. Where this leads if you ignore them penetratingly can be seen here.

Bite ball offers solutions that nobody currently needs (if at all). But where are those you need?

It's true that critics with reason is so much more important than brainless hype for the long term success of a project. However a continuos daily (or even hourly) whining on the levels of "OH MY GOSH I DIDN'T LAMBO YET SO THIS COIN IS A SHIT" is frankly boring and scarcely useful. It must be said that this level of losers posts is quite common these days across the ANN threads of this forum, as most of the coins out there have lost between 80% and 99% of their ATH price and soo many people are soo sorry they didn't dump at ATH and then lambo.
Byteball's developement is moving forwards at a nice pace - that's the only important issue here.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Thul

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 07:01:24 PM

It's true that critics with reason is so much more important than brainless hype for the long term success of a project. However a continuos daily (or even hourly) whining on the levels of "OH MY GOSH I DIDN'T LAMBO YET SO THIS COIN IS A SHIT" is frankly boring and scarcely useful. It must be said that this level of losers posts is quite common these days across the ANN threads of this forum, as most of the coins out there have lost between 80% and 99% of their ATH price and soo many people are soo sorry they didn't dump at ATH and then lambo.
Byteball's developement is moving forwards at a nice pace - that's the only important issue here.
Unfortunately, in the wrong direction. And it is a shame that one has to point this out again and again. However, nothing changes.

Probably the "whining" is just not loud and intense enough yet...
gefander

Activity: 490
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:22:31 AM

I think that now many burning butt due to too low prices at the coin. But many do not want to notice the fact that the scales have become larger.
Byteball community have expanded considerably this year.
In my opinion, burning will help to decrease total supply, which might have good impacts on GBYTE's price.
I fully support the idea of burning it can really have a good effect on the price of GB. Question only and there is that burn? the cap is quite small in comparison for example with the dash.
CryptoUnicornRider

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:19:21 PM

Hello dear snowflake complainers  Grin

I know you have reading and understanding troubles, so I will limit myself to very simple and very specific questions.

First set of questions :

Do you know what is/are the Byteball product(s) ?

Do you know what is/are the Byteball specific market sector(s) ?

Do you know what is/are the Byteball target group(s) ?

Do you know how to soak up deeply the mind of the Byteball target group(s) ?

Do you know what is/are need(s) of the Byteball target group(s) ?

Do you know what is/are the Byteball method(s) to reach its aim(s) ?

So, you pretend that the Byteball team should focus exclusively on early investors, holders and speculators.

Second set of questions :

Could you explain us why ?

Could you explain us what is the added value of this group for the Byteball platform ?

Could you explain us what have they do for the Byteball platform and what have you do ?

By the way, you pretend that the Byteball team should also focus on building Blackbytes bridges with BISQ and OpenBazaar.

Third set of questions :

Do you know what is Blackbytes ?

Do you know how works Blackbytes ?

Do you know how works BISQ ?

Could you explain us why the Byteball team should help criminals ?

Could you explain us what will be the consequences for the Byteball team and the Byteball platform if they help criminals ?

Don't make me wait too long, I have an article to write and your expertise will help me. By the way, don't hesitate to collaborate and don't hesitate to be more specific than yes or no answers Wink

See you soon
joe1823

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:25:55 PM

Nothing wrong with a lesser decentralized project fro some use cases. (look at EOS)
But this is just taking too long.....................
- Funds should have been distributed years ago.
- 12 DIFFERENT witnesses should have been in place already.
There's just too much uncertainty.
CryptoUnicornRider

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 11:39:01 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2018, 12:53:30 AM by CryptoUnicornRider

Nothing wrong with a lesser decentralized project fro some use cases. (look at EOS)
But this is just taking too long.....................
- Funds should have been distributed years ago.
- 12 DIFFERENT witnesses should have been in place already.
There's just too much uncertainty.

Hi joe1823,

How could Byteball platform reach mass/wide adoption if all funds are concentrate in hands of few ?
Have any previous cryptocurrency reached mass adoption with concentration ? Could you mention an example ?
Has the first cryptocurrency reached mass adoption in ten years with whales ?

12 witnesses are already in place even if they are controlled by Anton Churyumov. Being an autonomous witness has technical constraints. You need to be known and trusted, have appropriate hardwares, Internet landlines and technical knowledge. So, it takes time and money. By the way, with more users, the Byteball network will attract new autonomous witnesses. Finally, the first autonomous witness has been revealed one month ago.

And Byteball has not yet two years. So, patience is required.

Hope I answered appropriately to your post.
PinchClock

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:43:57 AM

In other news, https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-46150107

A Chinese headmaster was fired for using his school's electricity supply to mine Ethereum. A better idea would have been using Byteball: no miners, no blocks, just transactions.  Cool
keeek

Activity: 44
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:00:01 AM

I observe this thread from the beginning and I'm a bit disappointed that there is no community management at all. I once had a few ideas for the bot store, the distribution and posted other things here, for example the observation, that the Byteball Explorer is unreadable for human users at the moment, etc. Maybe the ideas were crap, but you can also discuss that. No reaction from the Byteball team, although this thread has 1055 pages. I am an investor from the depths of the top 50 addresses (richlist from Byteball.fr - the site is also offline since a few days?! ....anotherone who turns away?) and disappointed that there is no reaction at all.

I will sell my byteball funds now and sell all the bytes I have kept for more than a year.

If anyone is interested, she/he can contact me.
Random-String-Symphony

Activity: 77
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:48:02 AM

I observe this thread from the beginning and I'm a bit disappointed that there is no community management at all. I once had a few ideas for the bot store, the distribution and posted other things here, for example the observation, that the Byteball Explorer is unreadable for human users at the moment, etc. Maybe the ideas were crap, but you can also discuss that. No reaction from the Byteball team, although this thread has 1055 pages. I am an investor from the depths of the top 50 addresses (richlist from Byteball.fr - the site is also offline since a few days?! ....anotherone who turns away?) and disappointed that there is no reaction at all.

I will sell my byteball funds now and sell all the bytes I have kept for more than a year.

Bitcointalk is not really the best place to discuss ideas. For the longest time there was no team and Tony basically had to do everything by himself. He didn't have time for community management, he was working 18 hours a day on the platform. Anyone could and still can become a contributor through github. Only a few people did. Byteball didn't have ICO funds to work with to hire a team so it had to completely depend on volunteers. Of which I was one myself. I recently joined the team though, since we do have some funds now. We discuss most things on our Slack (https://slack.byteball.org/), which is also free for anyone to join.

The biggest problem is that people just sit and wait for their coins to magically increase in value and let other people do all the work. It doesn't work like that. No community management? Volunteer to do community management, et voila, now it's there.

⚪ Obyte     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Thul

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 10:24:26 AM

Had Bytefan not provided the first witness for bite ball and was otherwise very engaged?

That he is now being arrogantly ignored and that instead some buffoon is being presented as the first official witness is likely to explain his reaction.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 10:34:56 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2018, 10:51:57 AM by cryptohunter

Hello dear snowflake complainers  Grin

I know you have reading and understanding troubles, so I will limit myself to very simple and very specific questions.

So, you pretend that the Byteball team should focus exclusively on early investors, holders and speculators.

Second set of questions :

Could you explain us why ?

Could you explain us what is the added value of this group for the Byteball platform ?

Could you explain us what have they do for the Byteball platform and what have you do ?

By the way, you pretend that the Byteball team should also focus on building Blackbytes bridges with BISQ and OpenBazaar.

Don't make me wait too long, I have an article to write and your expertise will help me. By the way, don't hesitate to collaborate and don't hesitate to be more specific than yes or no answers Wink

See you soon

been explained, please go and re-read my simple explanation.

then any specific points you don't understand or do not agree with then please come back and I will assist you.

Thul

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 10:35:29 AM

Bitcointalk is not really the best place to discuss ideas. For the longest time there was no team and Tony basically had to do everything by himself. He didn't have time for community management, he was working 18 hours a day on the platform. Anyone could and still can become a contributor through github. Only a few people did. Byteball didn't have ICO funds to work with to hire a team so it had to completely depend on volunteers. Of which I was one myself. I recently joined the team though, since we do have some funds now. We discuss most things on our Slack (https://slack.byteball.org/), which is also free for anyone to join.

The biggest problem is that people just sit and wait for their coins to magically increase in value and let other people do all the work. It doesn't work like that. No community management? Volunteer to do community management, et voila, now it's there.
Oh, no, they're critical too. Criticism that is constantly ignored. With the result that the development develops some (currently) useless nonsense and the critics subsequently flee.
What's left are the Slack-sectarians who silence uncomfortable voices.
Random-String-Symphony

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 10:43:33 AM

Had Bytefan not provided the first witness for bite ball and was otherwise very engaged?

That he is now being arrogantly ignored and that instead some buffoon is being presented as the first official witness is likely to explain his reaction.

He was anonymous, the network can't be secured by anonymous witnesses. Plus he tried to persuade people with cashback, that's also not the idea behind being a witness. People should trust them because of their reputation not because they promise to give you a tiny amount of tx fees back (basically bribe). I'm sure Bytefan was just trying to help but he did it in the wrong way. Now he wants to sell the source code for Byteball.fr for 100GB. It was an extremely useful resource so we are debating whether we should rebuild it ourselves or buy it from him. We can't help it that he didn't quite understand the idea behind the consensus mechanism. I'm sad that he left because we could definitely have used his skills.

Rogier is not some kind of buffoon, he's a Byteball volunteer since the early days as well. He introduced many people to Byteball and is also a mod in the Byteball Telegram. He actively works on BTC acceptance in the real world and when he has the time will also integrate Bytes in his crypto payment processor software that is used by hundreds of merchants and web shops throughout Europe. I assume you didn't read the article or watched the interview. He's an excellent candidate.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 10:58:18 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2018, 11:14:50 AM by cryptohunter

I understand your pov.

However I would certainly not think of dumping your entire stash of bb right now. That could end up being a catastrophic mistake financially especially if like myself you accumulated a lot of them at a much higher rate.

Even though we don't get listened to that much I agree. I still think the development tonych has put into this and the expertise he has demonstrated deserves a MC in the top 50 already. I can not really say I have seen many more talented devs than him. Anonymint was highly interested in this design and he was never interested in 1000's of other projects.

That is just my opinion but of course it is up to you and I may not be correct. I can not see 50 projects better than this.

With a few improvements and a bit of a push this will have a huge upswing i think.

If the community could just unite a bit that would help.

The issue is some of the bb team take suggestions that are meant well and to help bb as criticism and that makes no sense. The main points I see mentioned are not even technical things they are simple things regarding distribution and changing exchange units. these are not even huge issues at this point. Merely suggestions.

Bitcointalk is underrated it is the jumping point for new cc enthusiasts and active thread here is free advertising. of course best if looks like a cohesive community.

I also strongly suggest the team start seeing hodlers as vital and constructive even if they are not doing anything else. These are your core investors that will help the MC rise and that alone is the largest and most powerful form of advertisement in an arena dominated by speculators and investors.  The time of adoption is not here and they are not ready as yet. Even btc is not widely adopted as for the other high cap super snake oil it is not adopted and will likely not get adopted. It is though widely advertised and sucks up more investment.

Hodlers are good at this stage.

Other suggestions that are made by other members should not just be ignored. If the development team thinks it is not a good idea it would be best to explain the logic behind their decision not to run with that at this time. 1/ the person suggesting may not have thought of or 2/ they will at least think you have considered it.

To be clear I am a bb fan and always advertise it on my suggestion threads in the top 5. This is apparent if you just check. I would like to be a community manager here but I really think it is not possible since a community manager needs to understand a lot of the design and technical matters because they need to be answer such queries.  From all of the posters on this thread there must be one person who could do this who has a diplomatic way of posting and has technical understanding of the project.

Thul

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:31:01 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2018, 11:43:20 AM by Thul

He was anonymous, the network can't be secured by anonymous witnesses.
I advise everyone not to use a centralized system of twelve openly working witnesses = easy target for state attacks.

I'm sure Bytefan was just trying to help but he did it in the wrong way.
There speaks once again the accustomed arrogance.
Who decides what is right or wrong?

Rogier is not some kind of buffoon, he's a Byteball volunteer since the early days as well.
Nobody cares about that later anyway. People take what is preset. Nobody is involved in the preliminary selection of any witnesses of whom he doesn't know anybody anyway.

Come to your senses at last
- the number of witnesses should not be limited. Anyone who wants to be a witness should be able to do so.
- routes the witnesses over TOR
- client-side, random access to the witnesses

pineapple express

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:54:30 AM

- the number of witnesses should not be limited. Anyone who wants to be a witness should be able to do so.
it will be vulnerable to sybil attack, 51% of witnesses will belong to one person. And slow the network, users will not have main chain until witnesses in China will not confirm transactions confirmed by witnesses in Europe. When witnesses in China confirmed transactions, which still not reached the witnesses in Europe. At the same time malicious 51% of witnesses will build their own chain without transactions from Europe and China.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:59:17 AM

Byteball gets a shout out by US army:
http://madsciblog.tradoc.army.mil/tag/byteball/

Not really in a positive way, but interesting that they found it it even noteworthy. The article they cite is in Russian, but from the title suggests byteball is under Russian government control.

If you think about it, take the assumption that byteball was funded by Russian intelligence, it was probably a worthwhile venture that collected valuable information and has probably paid for itself many times over.

When Putin for next "decentralized" witness?  Cheesy
Random-String-Symphony

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 12:04:11 PM

He was anonymous, the network can't be secured by anonymous witnesses.
I advise everyone not to use a centralized system of twelve openly working witnesses = easy target for state attacks.

I'm sure Bytefan was just trying to help but he did it in the wrong way.
There speaks once again the accustomed arrogance.
Who decides what is right or wrong?

Rogier is not some kind of buffoon, he's a Byteball volunteer since the early days as well.
Nobody cares about that later anyway. People take what is preset. Nobody is involved in the preliminary selection of any witnesses of whom he doesn't know anybody anyway.

Come to your senses at last
- routes the witnesses over TOR
- client-side, random access to the witnesses

The protocol design decides what is right or wrong, it states that witnesses must be public figures or organizations with a real word reputation at stake. Otherwise the consensus mechanism is not secure. It's not a matter of right or wrong, it's a matter of design. If you don't like this principle I suggest you find another project because it is not going to change, it's fundamental to the design. Nothing to do with arrogance.

Numerous times people in this thread, including me, have tried to explain to you that a state attack on a witness doesn't mean the network stops working. I can't help it that you don't want to understand how witnesses work and what they can and can not do.

Not all people / users have to care, it would be preferable but if they don't: at least hub operators and other witnesses should care. If they do the system will work almost just as well. If nobody cares then the design will fail.

The number of witnesses is not limited, anybody can become one.
They already operate over TOR, it is a requirement to not reveal their IP to the world.
Random selection of (and access to) witnesses defeats the purpose, you still don't understand why they can't be anonymous and what they actually do to secure the network.

Pages: « 1 ... 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: