Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:09:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233947 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:24:49 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2018, 04:37:27 PM by cryptohunter

Hello cryptohunter Grin

Let me quote you first :

[...]
You should really quote the entire post and put it all into context really.
[...]

But why should I put the full quote ?

[...] you can not just grab 2 words from 2 different paragraphs and conflate them to mean the same thing.
[...]

As you wish my dear snowflake  Grin

Hello dear snowflake complainers  Grin

I know you have reading and understanding troubles, so I will limit myself to very simple and very specific questions.

First set of questions :

Do you know what is/are the Byteball product(s) ?

Do you know what is/are the Byteball specific market sector(s) ?

Do you know what is/are the Byteball target group(s) ?

Do you know how to soak up deeply the mind of the Byteball target group(s) ?

Do you know what is/are need(s) of the Byteball target group(s) ?

Do you know what is/are the Byteball method(s) to reach its aim(s) ?

So, you pretend that the Byteball team should focus exclusively on early investors, holders and speculators.

Second set of questions :

Could you explain us why ?

Could you explain us what is the added value of this group for the Byteball platform ?

Could you explain us what have they do for the Byteball platform and what have you do ?

By the way, you pretend that the Byteball team should also focus on building Blackbytes bridges with BISQ and OpenBazaar.

Third set of questions :

Do you know what is Blackbytes ?

Do you know how works Blackbytes ?

Do you know how works BISQ ?

Could you explain us why the Byteball team should help criminals ?

Could you explain us what will be the consequences for the Byteball team and the Byteball platform if they help criminals ?

Don't make me wait too long, I have an article to write and your expertise will help me. By the way, don't hesitate to collaborate and don't hesitate to be more specific than yes or no answers Wink

See you soon

Is it better now Huh

So let's analyse your answer. By honesty, I will add that you were answering to the second set of questions.

been explained, please go and re-read my simple explanation.

then any specific points you don't understand or do not agree with then please come back and I will assist you.

So, basically, you don't really answer to any question. I read all your past answers dear cryptohunter even if I was silent all this time. You are exclusively focus on early adopters, investors and speculators. Worst, you ignore totally the Byteball Foundation aims and all other Byteball target groups. And you definetly don't care about the technology or its possibilities. All your previous posts reveal it without a doubt and by consequence your opinion is biased.

I will allow myself to quote you partly one more time to prove my point.

[...]
I think we are worrying about the wrong thing at the wrong time.

CC is all about speculation right now.

Who is using eos, ada, iota, right now?

Adoption will come later. For now speculators is who you need to worry about. Give them reason to buy and hold byteball. You want to be in the top 10 to top 15 on cmc. Although we know that can be faked and means little because many have such a narrow distribution.
[...]

To conclude

Could you explain us [...] what have you do ?

I think you are just a greedy and selfish speculator who wants more free money without effort. And all your past arguments demonstrate my assumption Grin

I'm waiting better answers from you cryptohunter.

If that is your conclusion it only demonstrates that you are unable to grasp what I have written and likely a lost cause.

The fact that you can't differentiate between quoting a set of unrelated questions that can be answered in in isolation since they are my focus and which I made clear I was addressing - - and a bunch of related material that one needs to read to understand the entire point that is your problem. I think that was clear to most people. You have only made yourself look foolish to conflate the 2 examples as demonstrating the same thing.

Ok just for you ...buttflake

I stick by what I said and it is observably true just by looking at the examples I have given previously.

The greatest advertisement you can have right now is a High MC. (without freak examples none of which bb looks likely to get given right now like front page news on the FT that bb is the answer to fiat replacement) that is simply observable fact. This is a market driven by speculation and investment so if you deny you need to appeal to speculators and investors  - - LOL

I don't know any other person on this forum including you who wants more money for doing nothing. This is a completely foreign concept to every person on this board. I am glad you are here to make sure bb does not appeal to any of those types. The fact you are denying that or hinting it is a terrible thing and that your yourself never consider such things just make you seem even more stupid and fake.

Go find your unicorns elsewhere and ride them hard into financial ruin and exasperation.

Also I have constantly advertised BB and given time and effort trying to stop tonych doing thigns like giving it all to other ico managers, appeal to noobs that consider bb more expensive that iota and other things of vital importance.

What have you done noob trash? waste peoples time explaining things to you that should be obvious.

Also I am very suspicious of several low post low merit accounts with the same type of just about English all arriving on this thread with more or less the same protectionist unreasonable illogical thought patterns. This is likely the same person.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thul

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:48:02 PM

Hehe, I can already see the first reputable witnesses leaving the bite ball ship as soon as the trade in drugs and weapons increases, the blackmail potential of crypto currencies first becomes known to a wider public, and the state's security organs are terrified. When, in the course of this, the media strike a big blow: "Strawberries, oranges, pears are prepared with needles. In the last two weeks alone, 23 deaths have occurred. Global blackmail gang demands 100 million USD to be paid in a crypto currency of a project called Byteball."

The publicly known witnesses then come into the focus of an enraged mob.
Threats...  maybe even lynchings...

Have fun in the bite ball echo chamber.  Cool

pineapple express

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:56:22 PM

balls sell off
tarmo888

Activity: 563

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 05:12:01 PM

balls sell off

Everything is on sale!
CryptoUnicornRider

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:16:35 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2018, 05:35:03 PM by CryptoUnicornRider

Hello cryptohunter Grin

Let me quote you first :

[...]
You should really quote the entire post and put it all into context really.
[...]

But why should I put the full quote ?

[...] you can not just grab 2 words from 2 different paragraphs and conflate them to mean the same thing.
[...]

As you wish my dear snowflake  Grin

Hello dear snowflake complainers  Grin

I know you have reading and understanding troubles, so I will limit myself to very simple and very specific questions.

First set of questions :

Do you know what is/are the Byteball product(s) ?

Do you know what is/are the Byteball specific market sector(s) ?

Do you know what is/are the Byteball target group(s) ?

Do you know how to soak up deeply the mind of the Byteball target group(s) ?

Do you know what is/are need(s) of the Byteball target group(s) ?

Do you know what is/are the Byteball method(s) to reach its aim(s) ?

So, you pretend that the Byteball team should focus exclusively on early investors, holders and speculators.

Second set of questions :

Could you explain us why ?

Could you explain us what is the added value of this group for the Byteball platform ?

Could you explain us what have they do for the Byteball platform and what have you do ?

By the way, you pretend that the Byteball team should also focus on building Blackbytes bridges with BISQ and OpenBazaar.

Third set of questions :

Do you know what is Blackbytes ?

Do you know how works Blackbytes ?

Do you know how works BISQ ?

Could you explain us why the Byteball team should help criminals ?

Could you explain us what will be the consequences for the Byteball team and the Byteball platform if they help criminals ?

Don't make me wait too long, I have an article to write and your expertise will help me. By the way, don't hesitate to collaborate and don't hesitate to be more specific than yes or no answers Wink

See you soon

Is it better now Huh

So let's analyse your answer. By honesty, I will add that you were answering to the second set of questions.

been explained, please go and re-read my simple explanation.

then any specific points you don't understand or do not agree with then please come back and I will assist you.

So, basically, you don't really answer to any question. I read all your past answers dear cryptohunter even if I was silent all this time. You are exclusively focus on early adopters, investors and speculators. Worst, you ignore totally the Byteball Foundation aims and all other Byteball target groups. And you definetly don't care about the technology or its possibilities. All your previous posts reveal it without a doubt and by consequence your opinion is biased.

I will allow myself to quote you partly one more time to prove my point.

[...]

Adoption will come later. For now speculators is who you need to worry about. Give them reason to buy and hold byteball. You want to be in the top 10 to top 15 on cmc. Although we know that can be faked and means little because many have such a narrow distribution.
[...]

To conclude

Could you explain us [...] what have you do ?

I think you are just a greedy and selfish speculator who wants more free money without effort. And all your past arguments demonstrate my assumption Grin

I'm waiting better answers from you cryptohunter.

If that is your conclusion it only demonstrates that you are unable to grasp what I have written and likely a lost cause.

Maybe, but could you explain us what we can conclude about you with this partial quote :

[...]

[...]

The fact that you can't differentiate between quoting a set of unrelated questions that can be answered in in isolation since they are my focus and which I made clear I was addressing - - and a bunch of related material that one needs to read to understand the entire point that is your problem. I think that was clear to most people. You have only made yourself look foolish to conflate the 2 examples as demonstrating the same thing.

Ok, maybe I'm foolish but you just confess that you're exclusively focus on speculators.

Ok just for you ...buttflake

A free insult, nice argument

I stick by what I said and it is observably true just by looking at the examples I have given previously.

I stick about what you said, have you a problem with your past words ?

The greatest advertisement you can have right now is a High MC. (without freak examples none of which bb looks likely to get given right now like front page news on the FT that bb is the answer to fiat replacement) that is simply observable fact. This is a market driven by speculation and investment so if you deny you need to appeal to speculators and investors  - - LOL

Indeed, CC markets are driven by speculation, but speculators are not the main target group of the Byteball platform. In fact, Byteball team used them to attract spotlights on the platform. What don't you understand with mass/wide adoption and real world adoption ? Is it too cryptic for your speculator mind ?

I don't know any other person on this forum including you who wants more money for doing nothing. This is a completely foreign concept to every person on this board. I am glad you are here to make sure bb does not appeal to any of those types. The fact you are denying that or hinting it is a terrible thing and that your yourself never consider such things just make you seem even more stupid and fake.

So, what want speculators ? Educate me please, because as you noticed I'm stupid and fake.

Go find your unicorns elsewhere and ride them hard into financial ruin and exasperation.

Everyone is free to spend is money as he wishes.

Also I have constantly advertised BB and given time and effort trying to stop tonych doing thigns like giving it all to other ico managers, appeal to noobs that consider bb more expensive that iota and other things of vital importance.

First honest assertion, indeed, you tried to warn him that Bytes would be concentrated in the wrong hands. But did he do it on purpose or naively?

What have you done noob trash? waste peoples time explaining things to you that should be obvious.

One more insult, you're so elegant. And what have you explain except your own neurosis ? Should I justify myself to a poorly educated person like you ?

Also I am very suspicious of several low post low merit accounts with the same type of just about English all arriving on this thread with more or less the same protectionist unreasonable illogical thought patterns. This is likely the same person.

So, newcomers are not welcomed in your world. Thank you for the honesty. It's one more proof about your selfishness and greediness. By the way, my apologies about my bad english, I'm a french speaker.
CryptoUnicornRider

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:21:27 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2018, 05:39:15 PM by CryptoUnicornRider

Hehe, I can already see the first reputable witnesses leaving the bite ball ship as soon as the trade in drugs and weapons increases, the blackmail potential of crypto currencies first becomes known to a wider public, and the state's security organs are terrified. When, in the course of this, the media strike a big blow: "Strawberries, oranges, pears are prepared with needles. In the last two weeks alone, 23 deaths have occurred. Global blackmail gang demands 100 million USD to be paid in a crypto currency of a project called Byteball."

Threats...  maybe even lynchings...

Have fun in the bite ball echo chamber.  Cool

drugs, weapons, blackmail, enraged mob, threats, lynchings, bite ball... your unsconscient neurosis seems heavy.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 05:26:51 PM

Threats...  maybe even lynchings...

Have fun in the bite ball echo chamber.  Cool

Go on, why stopped? What will happen next?
What can they force those witnesses to do?
Convince all of them to censor some specific transactions?
Even if they manage to convince 7 witnesses to do something that specific, all of those 7 witnesses will be replaced with hard-fork.
Or you expect some witness will give up their position because of the pressure? They will be replaced by Byteball users.
By that time there will be plenty of witnesses to choose, or you think no new witnesses will stand up for that position then?

Maybe here is your answer why nobody cares about Byteball + BISQ + OpenBazaar.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:40:32 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2018, 05:56:38 PM by cryptohunter

@unicorn

I can't quote all of that since it will take up too much space. People need to scroll up to view the previous post you made.

there is either too much being lost in translation or you simply do not understand what I am saying. Trying to deny what i have merely observed and pointed out is pointless.

Everything I have suggested in the past would have clearly benefitted the project. There is nothing more to be said about it.

No tonych was not naive we had discussed going ahead would land the largest proportions with those ico managers and exchanges.
I am not in favour of airdrops to bitcoin holders anyway just on the basis i would not give the already most wealthy the most.

I am as selfish and greedy as any other normal person here. However arguing against airdropping to btc holders was not in my financial favour since i could have linked a lot more than i did and also it suits me financially better than some of my other suggestions. Wide distributions with no immediate super whales is best.

No need to apologise for your english I can not speak french. I just believe you do not fully understand everything that I am trying to convey.

I have no problem with people saying i want more money for doing nothing. However actually I am not doing nothing and if all the effort I had put into this thread and project had had any effect the real bb holders and enthusiasts would be better off and so would tonych. Also as i have explained people who buy and hold your alt are not doing nothing. They are adding to investor confindence which is a form of free advertising and at this time the most powerful type of advertising. When everyone dumps your project and people see it sinking that is showing a lack of confidence which can self perpetuate strongly.

I would love more money for doing nothing for sure that is not something you should doubt is a primary dream of a great proportion of people in the world.

I really honestly do not see your point that you are trying to make?

Are you saying trying to get people to invest and make it look as attractive as possible to future investors and hodlers is less important than drumming up adoption with baker and piano stores. Well that is useful too but the fast route to the top 50 right now is appealing to speculators and investors. Once there you will give yourselves a lot more financial leverage to develop applications and usage and get the attention of those that already have huge opportunities waiting in terms of adoption.  You will need a lot of volume and value to bring in big adopters.

crypotounicornrider    Date Registered:   12-10-2018
tarm0888                  Date Registered:   12-10-2018

come on guys....

pineapple express

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:42:31 PM

20 years of jail

Even if they manage to convince 7 witnesses to do something that specific, all of those 7 witnesses will be replaced with hard-fork.
good luck finding people who want to spend the rest of their days in prison
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 06:00:42 PM

20 years of jail

With that Liberty Reserve example, you are missing the key point, they got busted because of money laundering, the same way how exchanges that doesn't require KYC will get busted with money laundering (or no bank will not accept them if they haven't done it). Byteball witnesses have nothing to do with fiat currencies and bots that accept credit cards also do KYC.
pineapple express

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:29:17 PM

20 years of jail

With that Liberty Reserve example, you are missing the key point, they got busted because of money laundering, the same way how exchanges that doesn't require KYC will get busted with money laundering (or no bank will not accept them if they haven't done it). Byteball witnesses have nothing to do with fiat currencies and bots that accept credit cards also do KYC.
You can be right, but cannot guarantee it.
Decentralized, trustless systems are good because they create a situation in which malicious behavior causes losses, while following the rules makes a profit. Thus, the system remains protected even if each of its participants ready to become malicious.
Your model say "Government won't do any harm because i believe they won't do any harm".
In a crypto community, it is customary to trust systems based on economic initiatives and not on hopes.

Imagine situation. Satoshi, Ross Ulbricht, Mark Karpeles, Roger Ver and 8 other well known people are witnesses of Bitcoin. FBI arrest Ross, shut down SilkRoad. Do you really belive rest of witnesses will not be arrested?

tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 07:07:03 PM

20 years of jail

Decentralized, trustless systems are good because they create a situation in which malicious behavior causes losses, while following the rules makes a profit. Thus, the system remains protected even if each of its participants ready to become malicious.
Your model say "Government won't do any harm because i believe they won't do any harm".
In a crypto community, it is customary to trust systems based on economic initiatives and not on hopes.

Imagine situation. Satoshi, Ross Ulbricht, Mark Karpeles, Roger Ver and 8 other well known people are witnesses of Bitcoin. FBI arrest Ross, shut down SilkRoad. Do you really belive rest of witnesses will not be arrested?

Ross Ulbricht was not arrested because of Bitcoin, not even through Bitcoin. He was charged with drug trafficing, Mark Karpeles was charged with embezzlement. Roger Ver has convicted because of explosives.
"Cannot guarantee it" is not how governments work, you need to be convicted because of some law. Goal of Byteball witnesses is to have them around the world, so even if one gets arrested for something Byteball unrelated crime, they could be replaced. But if they are already in trouble with law then obviously they are not a good candidate for witness either, hence why they need to be public.
thehulkk

Activity: 442
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:15:47 PM

At the time of release I did not own many BTC should not get many Byteball Bytes. Byteball Bytes is a very good coin, I paid attention to it as soon as it started to release. I continue to monitor its price and intend to buy large amounts of Byteball Bytes later this year. Hope somebody will give me good advice.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io [/b]║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
barborrico

Activity: 111
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:18:14 PM

A witness has to have reputation and be known. It is a matter of image. And government/s has an image too. It has balance.

If each witness node (no person) does their job, they receive aprox 1/12 of the half of fees I post. They need bytes to post each 10 minutes or so. So it will be sustainable because simply users use the system.
This means that even with the node operator in jail, system still working because witnesses operators will have put their node in a safe location, out from the hands of anyone and routed by TOR, like Rogier did.

If witnesses are arrested due to being byteball witnesses, I can guarantee you, world would have become something that you would desire to be in the world of the 1984 novel.
pineapple express

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:19:16 PM

20 years of jail

Ross Ulbricht was not arrested because of Bitcoin, not even through Bitcoin. He was charged with drug trafficing, Mark Karpeles was charged with embezzlement. Roger Ver has convicted because of explosives.
"Cannot guarantee it" is not how governments work, you need to be convicted because of some law. Goal of Byteball witnesses is to have them around the world, so even if one gets arrested for something Byteball unrelated crime, they could be replaced. But if they are already in trouble with law then obviously they are not a good candidate for witness either, hence why they need to be public.
you do not understand the essence of the written
pineapple express

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:22:54 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2018, 07:36:00 PM by pineapple express

If witnesses are arrested due to being byteball witnesses, I can guarantee you, world would have become something that you would desire to be in the world of the 1984 novel.
Many will agree that this will be the world in which we live now, where people ensuring the workability of payment processors used for illegal activities are imprisoned.
free, uncontrolled money is not what governments want to have. They will break any such system, provided they can.
Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own.

Satoshi
Thul

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:31:45 PM

Question: How does a sectarian react to fundamental arguments?
Answer: With ignorance. It cannot be what may not be.
pineapple express

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:45:24 PM

anyway where the witnesses guys? No users, no merchants, no speculators, no holders, no witnesses and no adoption. You can not continue to say that speculators donkeys, holders are harmful, merchants are not about cryptocurrency. And that adoption is the main. These are contradictory statements.
without holders you don't have community. Without community you will not have the network effects
without speculators you don't have liquidity. Without liquidity you will not have merchants
without merchants you don't have use cases. Without use cases you will not have users
Without users the coin is a shitcoin. Who will want to be a witness of shitcoin?
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 08:00:25 PM

anyway where the witnesses guys? No users, no merchants, no speculators, no holders, no witnesses and no adoption. You can not continue to say that speculators donkeys, holders are harmful, merchants are not about cryptocurrency. And that adoption is the main. These are contradictory statements.
without holders you don't have community. Without community you will not have the network effects
without speculators you don't have liquidity. Without liquidity you will not have merchants
without merchants you don't have use cases. Without use cases you will not have users
Without users the coin is a shitcoin. Who will want to be a witness of shitcoin?

You are contradicting yourself too, if there is no holders then who were those Bitcoin holders who got 65% of all bytes?
If those holders are selling, there should be either huge sell orders or lot of liquidity.

The problem is there is too many holders and not enough actual users. More speculators won't add any users because speculation happens on centralized exchanges and only exchanges benefit from speculators.

There are some use cases and there are some users (500-1000).
barborrico

Activity: 111
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 08:06:03 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2018, 11:46:35 PM by barborrico

Many will agree that this will be the world in which we live now, where people ensuring the workability of payment processors used for illegal activities are imprisoned.
free, uncontrolled money is not what government want to have. They will break any such system, provided they can.
Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own.

Satoshi
The fact is byteball does not rely on witnesses, it uses them for their "own" benefit, which is achieve deterministic transaction finality and nothing more after that.

Byteball is P2P trustless. Yes, it is a bit ugly the transition between witnesses, but it is not supossed to happen as I said in previous posts.

Anyway you replied to my personal opinion, could you reply to the argument, please? Thank you.

Question: How does a sectarian react to fundamental arguments?
Answer: With ignorance. It cannot be what may not be.
Thanks for your lack of answers to my arguments. Makes my work of spreading truth much easier.

Without users any coin is a shitcoin. You will not find good 12 witnesses for shitcoin
But we have a P2P network which achieves irreversible transaction confirmation in 5-15 min.

I would reward holders a bit, I have to tell, excluding big addresses.
Pages: « 1 ... 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: