Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:25:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233949 times)
tarmo888

Activity: 563
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 01:37:41 AM
Merited by rty (1)

tarmo888 do you get paid to post here? It's just kind of weird the frequency of your responses and the alignment of your opinion on all issues with that of the powers that be. Just noticed your account is only a month old or so, and I remember there was another guy that came out of the blue who would post here defending the party line, meterse, though he seems to have gone away around the time you showed up. Just curious if it's an official like "community manager" position or if you will say that you're not being compensated or what...

I do not get payed to post here, I am not community manager (I have already said that), I am developer who apparently understood what Byteball is about in less than year than most here in 2 years.
It doesn't matter if I confess whether I am also meterse or not (Thul could be my alter-ego too), you can't really be 100% sure either way, that's a wonderful thing about anonymous forums.

But the fact that you needed to ask that shows how less you know what is going on with Byteball. Makes me wonder, what are you guys doing here? Sitting in the dark, criticizing everything, kind of weird hobby.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:26:59 AM

tarmo888 do you get paid to post here? It's just kind of weird the frequency of your responses and the alignment of your opinion on all issues with that of the powers that be. Just noticed your account is only a month old or so, and I remember there was another guy that came out of the blue who would post here defending the party line, meterse, though he seems to have gone away around the time you showed up. Just curious if it's an official like "community manager" position or if you will say that you're not being compensated or what...

I do not get payed to post here, I am not community manager (I have already said that), I am developer who apparently understood what Byteball is about in less than year than most here in 2 years.
It doesn't matter if I confess whether I am also meterse or not (Thul could be my alter-ego too), you can't really be 100% sure either way, that's a wonderful thing about anonymous forums.

But the fact that you needed to ask that shows how less you know what is going on with Byteball. Makes me wonder, what are you guys doing here? Sitting in the dark, criticizing everything, kind of weird hobby.

Lol just trolling. I got my tonyballs for free and haven't parted with all of them yet, so for the time being I feel free license to come bust Tony's balls.

You've been repeatedly claiming recently that the airdrops were a terrible idea. Why would you support a project that has 65% or whatever of total supply distributed by a horrible technique?
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 02:39:00 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2018, 03:08:27 AM by tarmo888

Lol just trolling. I got my tonyballs for free and haven't parted with all of them yet, so for the time being I feel free license to come bust Tony's balls.

You've been repeatedly claiming recently that the airdrops were a terrible idea. Why would you support a project that has 65% or whatever of total supply distributed by a horrible technique?

Most cryptocurrency projects have whales, what is done is done, I care that future distributions are fair and I don't care how long they take because longer it takes more wider they will be. Bitcoin has also very long distribution that lasts over 100 years. I doubt that Byteball distribution would be even 10 years, but if it is by some miracle then it means that it will have wider distribution than it has now (except when the whales are smart enough to sell high and buy low).

Byteball airdrop to Bitcoin users is good history lesson that it should not be repeated. Bitcoin has most wide distribution because it has been on the market for longest, PoW helped a little bit too when it was not mined with ASICs, but if you don't have PoW then alternative is KYC to make sure that you don't create more whales to selected few who decided to participate. That's also a reason why witnesses need to be known, because you can't have anonymous witnesses on non-PoW coin https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybil_attack
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 08:56:40 AM
Merited by Kavallo (1)

I read it again, but I still don't understand what the hell are you suggesting to do.

The fact that I'm raising a problem I'm aware of doesn't automatically imply I have a clear OPERATIVE solution in mind - especially since I don't know if and how you can influence CMC's and exchanges' decisions on this aspect - but since now there is a new Byteball marketing team making a project of rebranding right now perhaps this would be the best time to see if there is a feasible solution also to this problem.

Byteball also starts with smallest (Byte) unit as default, not like Bitcoin wallets start with the biggest (BTC) unit as default.

...and this is excellent. Just a pity CMC and exchanges would not adhere to the same criteria. And you have to admit this incoherency could be confusing for a newcomer.

Not sure why would somebody associate gigabytes with Millions of Dollars, giga is billion, mega is million. Most people don't associate them billions or millions, but rather with storage space, what is the whole point of bytes in Byteball (1GBYTE is roughly 1GBYTE of data in DAG).

I was speaking of symbols but you, as a developer, can obviously see only the math. Smiley But on the second point I agree, people associate Byteball units with storage space, which in my opinion is again something quite confusing for most people, even though I personally quite like that.

In food store, you would buy a 1-3 bottles of beer (Bytes) or 6 pack (KBytes) or 12 pack (MByte). ...

Finally, your example with beers is quite funny, but inconsistent, since 100% of the population has already a very clear idea of what a beer is, while 99.99999999% of the population has not the slightstest idea of what the hell a Byteball-byte is.

altcoinb

Activity: 349
Merit: 132

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 10:54:54 AM

I was speaking of symbols but you, as a developer, can obviously see only the math. Smiley But on the second point I agree, people associate Byteball units with storage space, which in my opinion is again something quite confusing for most people, even though I personally quite like that.
Sometimes i have the same problem Roll Eyes

But the unit of cmc is a big problem.
I have many peoples attested and the different units make the people headache.
They just do not understand it or do it hard.

The "mass" are stupid (sorry) or do not want knowledge about computers or different byteball units.
As well nobody cares the available supply...

The beer example is good, but...
You would never go to wholesale shop and look at the 24 pack and think: "I will never afford beer". You would go to foods store and you would buy 12 beers (Byte) or two 6-pack (KByte) or one 12-pack (MByte) and you will be happy that you got beer, you will not be sad because you didn't get the biggest pack of beer (GByte).
... the "mass" think in 6-packs Cool (KByte in your example)
For the foods store is easier calc in gbyte, but not for the "mass".

"Mass" adoption is the target!
Thul

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 11:16:09 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2018, 12:52:21 PM by Thul

"Mass" adoption is the target!
Wrong goal.
The mass remains with Fiat, paypal and credit cards... or "bite balls" emitted by the state.  Roll Eyes
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 04:53:31 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2018, 05:09:09 PM by tarmo888

I read it again, but I still don't understand what the hell are you suggesting to do.
The fact that I'm raising a problem I'm aware of doesn't automatically imply I have a clear OPERATIVE solution in mind - especially since I don't know if and how you can influence CMC's and exchanges' decisions on this aspect - but since now there is a new Byteball marketing team making a project of rebranding right now perhaps this would be the best time to see if there is a feasible solution also to this problem.
It is best practice to have the biggest unit (the unit that the total supply is defined) listed on CMC and exchanges (wholesale). It is also a best practice to give user the option to display whatever unit they like to use in the wallet. Some Bitcoin wallets have only BTC, some have BTC and satoshi, some have BTC, mBTC (milli-bitcoin), bits and satoshis.

What is Nano doing now is showing their incompetence to use best practices. They didn't even figure out that XRB was ISO 4217 compatible, but NANO is not and now they want to fix it (that is bad example of rebranding). They still haven't figured out that XNO will not be ISO 4217 compatible because they think that adding a X in front of 2 letters makes it ISO 4217 compatible. I don't know if they have option to change display unit in wallet, probably not.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nanocurrency/comments/9zqr03/weekend_discussion_shifting_the_decimal_place/

I don't know if IOTA was listed as IOTA (smallest unit) in the beginning on CMC and some exchanges, but I would not be surprised if they did. Cryptocurrency that has had so many f|ckups should not be in TOP15.

It is not sustainable to change the unit on CMC and exchanges every time when somebody feels that they can't own 1 unit. Argument of changing from GBYTE to MBYTE is very much connected with the price speculation. Changing to smaller unit every time price hits $1 or $1000 just tricks people to feel that they got it cheap, it's scammy. Bitcoin doesn't do it, Byteball should not do it either.

Byteball also starts with smallest (Byte) unit as default, not like Bitcoin wallets start with the biggest (BTC) unit as default.
...and this is excellent. Just a pity CMC and exchanges would not adhere to the same criteria. And you have to admit this incoherency could be confusing for a newcomer.
Exchanges are wholesale, selling in bulk in larger quantities, it doesn't make sense for them to use the smallest unit. Same way food wholesale doesn't sell beer by individual beer bottle. It would be nice if they would enable users to switch between different units, but I am not aware any exchange that does that because that would be lot of work for them on each currency they add and some even don't have names for units like Byteball, Bitcoin and Ethereum does. There is no other standard for unit names, but micro, milli, kilo mega, giga are pretty standard for metric units. Bad example is American (imperial) system, which doesn't make sense for rest of the world. As a European, I don't know how much is penny, nickel, dime, quarter without looking them up on Internet, same way how I would not know how much is babbage, lovelace, shannon, szabo, finney, satoshi.

It doesn't matter what unit of display users pick in the wallet, if they buy something from a shop they should be able to pick whatever unit they are comfortable with. We think that exchanges are super important for mass adoption, but they are not. These centralized-exchanges are anti-cryptocurrency, they are opposite what the cryptocurrencies are for. These centralized-exchanges are same as banks (some even call them like that). The more cryptocurrencies Coinbase and Binance get the further we are from the goal of cryptocurrencies (it is not speculation) - money that is decentralized, without intermediates and which supply is not controlled by Fed. I think we have forgotten that with speculation-mania, everybody should go read what was written in Bitcoin genesis block or listen some of Andreas M. Antonopoulos talks - this guy gets it https://youtu.be/LgI0liAee4s

Not sure why would somebody associate gigabytes with Millions of Dollars, giga is billion, mega i million. Most people don't associate them billions or millions, but rather with storage space, what is the whole point of bytes in Byteball (1GBYTE is roughly 1GBYTE of data in DAG).
Sometimes i have the same problem Roll Eyes
It sounds like you are saying that I don't see the big picture, but I think it is not true. As a true developer, I would argue that Byte, Satoshi and Wei are the only units that people should use because that is the unit that these cryptocurrencies use in code. That's what a developer would say, I am not saying that, I think that people should be able to pick the unit that fits best for them and that's exactly what Byteball wallet does - if you request somebody 500MByte and they scan that QR and if their wallet is set to display GByte then instead of 500MByte, they see 0.5GByte because that is what they have selected for their display unit.

Thul

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 05:25:54 PM

Dakota Indian wisdom says, "If you discover you're riding a dead horse, get off!"

Who is also curious when the team will finally notice that they are riding a dead horse with their marketing and development strategy?
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 05:42:38 PM

Dakota Indian wisdom says, "If you discover you're riding a dead horse, get off!"

Who is also curious when the team will finally notice that they are riding a dead horse with their marketing and development strategy?

When do you realize that you are not helping, at all. You are that Hyena, who is biting the horse from the leg all the time.
pineapple express

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 06:07:43 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2018, 06:18:49 PM by pineapple express

Byterteam, so much time wasted. The best way to evaluate your work is to look at the results. A year has passed since you started piss against the wind, what results have you achieved? Balls accepted in Amazon, Overstock? Any payment processor even heard about the balls? Any good ICO? Any DAPP? New witnesses, exchanges, partnerships? Liquidity?
The only thing you care is a fuckin KYC and subsidizing the dead steem forum. When you finally realize that Byterbal community is not your enemy, it is your goal?

Wonderful quote.
Thul

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 06:25:57 PM

Byterteam, so much time wasted. The best way to evaluate your work is to look at the results. A year has passed since you started piss against the wind, what results have you achieved? Balls accepted in Amazon, Overstock? Any payment processor even heard about the balls? Any good ICO? Any DAPP? New witnesses, exchanges, partnerships? Liquidity?
The only thing you care is a fuckin KYC and subsidizing the dead steem forum. When you finally realize that Byterbal community is not your enemy, it is your goal?
This!
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 06:53:58 PM

This!

Bitcointalk is not Byteball community, this is just an announcement thread that has turned into sh!tshow. People who actually care about Byteball are on Slack, Twitter or Reddit. Some new developers were found from Steem community too. So, just because of that Steemit community is better than Bitcointalk.
barborrico

Activity: 111
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 07:23:13 PM

Long term is the goal, motherfucker.
Thul

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 08:59:34 PM

Also in the long-term, the market for refrigerators at the South Pole is rather bad.

Marketing is simply aimed at the wrong target group.
altcoinb

Activity: 349
Merit: 132

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:09:10 PM

When you finally realize that Byterbal community is not your enemy, it is your goal?

Wonderful quote.
If someone has a different opinion, no one thinks of an enemy!
Even if I see it differently, the argument of Tarmo888 sounds logical.

tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 09:11:07 PM

Also in the long-term, the market for refrigerators at the South Pole is rather bad.

Marketing is simply aimed at the wrong target group.

Did you discovered cryptocurrencies after January 2018? There are cycles, just like economy has cycles (bull-market and bear-market), sometimes it goes up and then it comes down. When Bitcoin goes up, everything else goes up even more, when Bitcoin goes down, everything else goes even more down. When price goes up, everybody hops on board, when price goes down, everybody panic sells.
Byteball is only 2 years old, Bitcoin is over 10. Nobody believed in Bitcoin in the beginning, When Bitcoin was out for 1 year, Satoshi Nakamoto was still the only developer who made changes to the protocol. https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoins-quirky-genesis-block-turns-eight-years-old-today/

1 year is not long-term, 2 years is not long-term either.
pineapple express

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:35:10 PM

This!

Bitcointalk is not Byteball community, this is just an announcement thread that has turned into sh!tshow. People who actually care about Byteball are on Slack, Twitter or Reddit. Some new developers were found from Steem community too. So, just because of that Steemit community is better than Bitcointalk.
standard answer to the wrong questions

Nobody believed in Bitcoin in the beginning, When Bitcoin was out for 1 year
Silk Road was created in 201, an estimated $15 million in transactions were made annually on Silk Road.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 10:47:07 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2018, 02:16:05 AM by tarmo888

Nobody believed in Bitcoin in the beginning, When Bitcoin was out for 1 year
Silk Road was created in 201, an estimated $15 million in transactions were made annually on Silk Road.

Standard BS, $15 million volume doesn't mean that people believed in it, this just shows that most people didn't even understand it because they were buying drugs using ledger that is public.

I don't know what is the average volume for Byteball, but it's seems like around 40k, that is also $15 million per year https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/byteball/historical-data/

Silk Road got popular mid-2011, Bitcoin got first time noticed in end of 2010 (almost 2 years after launch) when Wikileaks got banned by Paypal/Visa/Mastercard https://youtu.be/qBQtKvrCxCg?t=2148
nhathongkehoc

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 03:47:44 AM

Why Silk Road mentioned in the topic of Byteball?
I don't see relations between Silk Road and Byteball.

In other aspect, the GBYTE is very good to buy at the current period this year.
GBYTE fell hardly and cheap enough (in fact, cheaper than my expectation) to buy.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 05:35:22 AM

Why Silk Road mentioned in the topic of Byteball?
I don't see relations between Silk Road and Byteball.

In other aspect, the GBYTE is very good to buy at the current period this year.
GBYTE fell hardly and cheap enough (in fact, cheaper than my expectation) to buy.

Because some gentlemen here think that illegal stuff is main use case for cryptocurrencies, especially for privacy coins. And it seems that they think that was goal for cryptocurrencies too, but Bitcoin genesis block message says NO. Cryptocurrencies are for removing the middle-men and de-banking everybody from fiat currencies because once everything goes cashless, we will be f4cked without cryptocurrencies.
Pages: « 1 ... 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: