Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:51:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233953 times)
Thul

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 02:53:06 PM

https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg/status/1070731856646164480
 Roll Eyes
We need a marketplace where you can buy goods and services for black bites and exchange the black bites for Fiat.
You're repeating yourself.
A drug must be administered until a cure occurs.
After two years, the drug "finally-change-the-name" has also led to recovery.

--------
Note: The Byteball sect and its guru have retreated into their own echo chamber and filter bubble: https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/9yfbvt/i_am_tony_byteball_founder_and_lead_developer_ask/
Constructive criticism undesirable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barborrico

Activity: 111
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 10:22:50 AM

via Imgflip Meme Generator
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 03:19:29 PM
Merited by tyz (1), LoyceV (1)

Weekly draw is a new distribution method that rewards Byte holders

https://medium.com/byteball/weekly-draw-for-the-byteball-community-f464ae731c88

For our latest distribution, Byte holders can receive rewards just for holding Bytes. Distributing funds again to existing Byte holders has been a popular request in the community for a while, and we are pleased to bring it back. This time with an improved format!

How the weekly airdrop draw works

Every week, we will airdrop a prize of 200 Gigabytes (GB) and 422.22 Gigablackbytes (GBB — the private currency) to a single winner. It is like a lottery, but you don’t need to buy a ticket, just prove your existing balance.

More Bytes, more chances to win

Your chances to win depend on the balance of the addresses you link. The larger the balance, the more points you get. The winner of the draw will be selected randomly on a specified date/time in a provably fair way (for the techies, see the algorithm we use to select the winner, it is based on randomness derived from the latest Bitcoin block). Your chance to be selected depends on the points you have on that date/time. The more points you have, the higher is your chance to win.

Smaller participants favored

We have designed the rules to favor of participants with smaller balances, so larger balances don’t result in lots of additional points. This is in keeping with our aim since day 1 to get Bytes and Blackbytes into the hands of as many different people as possible.

To get the most points, you’ll need to pass real name attestation and prove your real name (it is a paid service and to pass the attestation after the first attempt, make sure you have good lighting conditions, good focus, and no glare when you scan your document). The draw bot doesn’t see your personal details, it needs just the fact that you are attested.

Full rules:

* Real-name attested addresses get 1 point per GB of balance up to 10 GB and additionally 0.1 point for each GB above that.
* Unattested addresses get 0.1 point per GB of balance.
* 0.1 point is awarded for each GB of balance increase since the previous draw.
* 0.2 point is deducted for each GB of balance decrease since the previous draw.

Refer users to increase your chances of winning

Increase your chances of winning by referring new users. When you refer new users to the draw and one of them wins, you also win 100 GB and 211.11 GBB!

You get your referral code and instructions after you link your own address.

How long will this distribution last?

We plan to run these draws weekly. There is no specified end date but we hope to run the draws for at least 6 months. Needless to say, the weekly draws cannot last forever (only 1 million GB of Bytes and 2.1111 million GBB of Blackbytes will ever exist).

This is a new distribution format that to our knowledge has never been tried before and we can’t be sure that we made no mistakes in designing these rules. Based on experience from previous weeks, we’ll adjust the rules of the draw, the amounts paid, points per GB, etc.

Ready to play?

The first draw is on Friday Dec 14 at 12:00 UTC.  Have your addresses linked in advance: add the Draw Airdrop bot from the Bot Store inside your Byteball wallet and follow the instructions. Good luck!

See the currently linked addresses (including yours) here http://draw.byteball.org.

Simplicity is beauty
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 03:49:51 PM

How is this improved if the goal is to distribute to as many people as possible? One person a week is as many as possible?
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 03:56:46 PM

How is this improved if the goal is to distribute to as many people as possible? One person a week is as many as possible?

Add those who participate.  Even if they don't win, they learn about byteball.

Simplicity is beauty
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:03:28 PM

Why would anyone who doesn't already know about Byteball participate? Especially when you really only have a chance to win if you pay $10 to give/validate your identity to some relatively unknown Russian-based cryptocurrency (or buy a shitload of byteballs - a relatively unknown Russian-based cryptocurrency that is currently down 99% vs USD or something from ath). If people want to pay $10 to play the lotto there's many easier ways with likely much higher odds of winning than that. Sorry, I mean, I love gambling and lotteries, but this doesn't seem to be aligned with the stated goal of wide distribution.

Further, this is essentially heavily tilted towards whales, particularly whales that have been KYC'd, but whales in general. How does having a lottery that is extremely skewed towards people already rich in Byteball further distribution to more people?
Thul

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 05:04:46 PM

Why would anyone who doesn't already know about Byteball participate? Especially when you really only have a chance to win if you pay $10 to give/validate your identity to some relatively unknown Russian-based cryptocurrency (or buy a shitload of byteballs - a relatively unknown Russian-based cryptocurrency that is currently down 99% vs USD or something from ath). If people want to pay $10 to play the lotto there's many easier ways with likely much higher odds of winning than that. Sorry, I mean, I love gambling and lotteries, but this doesn't seem to be aligned with the stated goal of wide distribution.

Further, this is essentially heavily tilted towards whales, particularly whales that have been KYC'd, but whales in general. How does having a lottery that is extremely skewed towards people already rich in Byteball further distribution to more people?
This happens when one ignores the critical voices of the community and relies on one's own mind far from reality.

"Insanity is to always do the same but expect different results."
A. Einstein

With a real benefit and advantage over the existing, the project would spread by itself.

Too bad that time is wasted with so much nonsense...
pineapple express

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 05:30:54 PM

Weekly draw is a new distribution method that rewards Byte holders

Not bad Kiss
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 06:32:43 PM

To get the facts straight, the weight of whales is discounted by 90% if you read the rules, and there is of course no $10 charge for validating your identity.

Simplicity is beauty
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 06:32:51 PM

I know it is difficult to meet all the wishes community members have. However - although I still own a bunch of GB - I do not welcome distribution for holding Bytes. I would like to see more campaigns and attempts to sign cooperations in order to use Bytes in daily life. I try to use crypto currencies wherever I have to chance to do. It is already possible  to pay for a certain type of digital products that I consume with BTC and some other coins. The same should be possible for bytes, and the remaining bytes should be used for those efforts.
denam

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 06:33:27 PM

Development has been much more advanced since I last time visited here approximately near 4-5 months ago. It is time to re-purchase good coins once again that is main purpose of my coming back to add few of this again to my basket. Advancement on technical and strategical side has been while listing on more exchanges didn't happen or was given priority in all these months. I hope that is on the agenda as well, I have no idea as need to read last few updates.
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 06:40:32 PM

I know it is difficult to meet all the wishes community members have. However - although I still own a bunch of GB - I do not welcome distribution for holding Bytes. I would like to see more campaigns and attempts to sign cooperations in order to use Bytes in daily life. I try to use crypto currencies wherever I have to chance to do. It is already possible  to pay for a certain type of digital products that I consume with BTC and some other coins. The same should be possible for bytes, and the remaining bytes should be used for those efforts.

That's of course the end goal but the path to it might not be as direct as we like.

Simplicity is beauty
lifeofxtian

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 06:48:47 PM

Don't see why ppl still post here, Byteball founder no longer posts on Bitcointalk, only Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/9yfbvt/i_am_tony_byteball_founder_and_lead_developer_ask/
Thul

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 07:13:55 PM

That's of course the end goal but the path to it might not be as direct as we like.
Exactly, the shortest connection between two points is not a straight line but a winding curve full of obstacles.  Roll Eyes
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 07:21:30 PM

Don't see why ppl still post here, Byteball founder no longer posts on Bitcointalk, only Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/9yfbvt/i_am_tony_byteball_founder_and_lead_developer_ask/

Don't see why people spam the same comment on bitcointalk repeatedly.

Seriously though, the new lottery system is skewed very heavily towards people that already have tons of gbyte. Seems...not wise.
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 08:49:13 PM

Exactly, the shortest connection between two points is not a straight line but a winding curve full of obstacles.  Roll Eyes

The shortest connection between Spain and New Zealand is a straight line going though the center of planet Earth.  Go ahead take that route.

Simplicity is beauty
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 08:57:59 PM

To get the facts straight, the weight of whales is discounted by 90% if you read the rules, and there is of course no $10 charge for validating your identity.

Right, so take address #10 on the richlist for instance:
https://byteball.fr/Top100ByteballRichest.php

He owns 10k GBYTE, meaning he would get 1000x entries into the lottery compared to someone holding 1 GBYTE.

Also, I thought Jumio or whatever verification cost $10 or so. Is this not correct?
barborrico

Activity: 111
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 09:06:02 PM

I would do two draws: one with existing rules and one between people (address with revealed identity, 1 person = 1 point).
The people one -> GB, the existing one -> GBB.
Thul

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 09:10:44 PM

The shortest connection between Spain and New Zealand is a straight line going though the center of planet Earth.  Go ahead take that route.
I'm sure teleportation is just a matter of time.
The shortest distance for Byteball, however, is already accessible, you just have to walk it.
tonych (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 09:20:40 PM

Right, so take address #10 on the richlist for instance:
https://byteball.fr/Top100ByteballRichest.php

He owns 10k GBYTE, meaning he would get 1000x entries into the lottery compared to someone holding 1 GBYTE.
This is my 1%.  This money does not participate and is immovable until the distribution ends.

Also, I thought Jumio or whatever verification cost $10 or so. Is this not correct?

It is $8, which is refunded after successful verification (effectively $0 if you don't screw up), plus $12 is airdropped to a smart contract.  If you use a voucher, you don't pay anything (referrer pays).

Simplicity is beauty
Pages: « 1 ... 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: