Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:31:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233954 times)
Thul

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 08:05:41 AM

Whoa, so can someone walk me through how this new name was chosen?

I am glad "ball" was taken out of the name. rofl. But what does the "O" stand for now?
Zero-Bytes

When you think it can't get any worse...  Roll Eyes
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dr_Voidberg

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 09:57:24 AM
Merited by tyz (2)

So it only took Byteball two years to listen to its earliest users about a name change. Now they have gone from a ridiculously bad name to a neutral bad name. I agree Obyte sounds and looks kinda empty and void (0byte), something an overpriced marketing agency would suggest, oh maybe they did. I get no positive vibe from it, but at least no negative anymore.

My prediction for 2019 is this:
Now 0byte can spend its time trying to get back its userbase from early 2017, which was kicked so often into their 0s by this project that everyone left long ago. Tony will continue to make features that noone asked for, although he seems to have slowed down, which is a pity because blockchain tech has evolved and 0byte is lagging behind.
See you in a year!

See below my old 2018 prediction, I would not have thought that a drop out of the top100 is possible, I remember the days when it approached the top20, but so is crypto.

Byteball was the most disappointing crypto of 2017, it failed due to bad management. Its sad to see that this will continue in 2018. I exited my position when I finally realized that this is not a community driven coin at all, but by one person.

The idea behind Byteball was to bootstrap a large community by means of clever distribution. But no community formed because of the way it was/is handled. Tony doesnt realize this at all, that is the worrying part. The community is just a number count for him.

Users cry for a rebrand/unit change? Users propose a new website for free? Users want to help in developing new features? Users ask for new features? Users have critique? Ignore them all, that is Byteball.

Meanwhile he will continue to develop new features that noone asked for, throw them at us and then disappear again to build new features. There will be no dialogue, no information, no roadmap. No money will be spend on rebrands or advertising or anything like that. In a year Byteball will have a zillion features but noone will know about it or care.

There might be new awkward distribution methods, maybe a surprise partnership with a totally unknown small russian business. That might be enough to stay in Top100, but forget about ever reaching IOTA or Raiblocks levels, that is a totally different management league.
rty

Activity: 558
Merit: 57

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 10:16:41 AM

Check out my clone-code on Repl.it for latest snapshot 6:  https://repl.it/repls/GreedySuperficialData
This can even be used without having the file tree visible
tarmo888

Activity: 563
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2019, 10:32:02 AM

So it only took Byteball two years to listen to its earliest users about a name change. Now they have gone from a ridiculously bad name to a neutral bad name. I agree Obyte sounds and looks kinda empty and void (0byte), something an overpriced marketing agency would suggest, oh maybe they did. I get no positive vibe from it, but at least no negative anymore.

Now 0byte can spend its time trying to get back its userbase from early 2017, which was kicked so often into their 0s by this project that everyone left long ago. Tony will continue to make features that noone asked for, although he seems to have slowed down, which is a pity because blockchain tech has evolved and 0byte is lagging behind.
See you in a year!

See below my old 2018 prediction, I would not have thought that a drop out of the top100 is possible, I remember the days when it approached the top20, but so is crypto.

Byteball was the most disappointing crypto of 2017, it failed due to bad management. Its sad to see that this will continue in 2018. I exited my position when I finally realized that this is not a community driven coin at all, but by one person.

The idea behind Byteball was to bootstrap a large community by means of clever distribution. But no community formed because of the way it was/is handled. Tony doesnt realize this at all, that is the worrying part. The community is just a number count for him.

Users cry for a rebrand/unit change? Users propose a new website for free? Users want to help in developing new features? Users ask for new features? Users have critique? Ignore them all, that is Byteball.

Meanwhile he will continue to develop new features that noone asked for, throw them at us and then disappear again to build new features. There will be no dialogue, no information, no roadmap. No money will be spend on rebrands or advertising or anything like that. In a year Byteball will have a zillion features but noone will know about it or care.

There might be new awkward distribution methods, maybe a surprise partnership with a totally unknown small russian business. That might be enough to stay in Top100, but forget about ever reaching IOTA or Raiblocks levels, that is a totally different management league.

Maybe the problem is you, maybe don't shit-talk a coin and actually use the name like it is indented, it's not 0byte, it's Obyte or Obyte.
I have contributed to Obyte code now almost for a year and I don't see the problems that you describe. So, the problem must be in you.
If you have lost all hope in this coin and sold you coins, why are you still here? Nobody needs you pessimistic predictions, you are not helping.
Thul

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 12:29:10 PM

No matter what you babble. The first impression counts. And it reads: Zero-Byte
diyhockey

Activity: 79
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 12:47:42 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2019, 12:59:26 PM by diyhockey

See you in a year!

This coin has lost its early traction, impressive start and classic altcoin finish. No matter how good things they do, it no longer makes sense for space. Even if Tony invents a "time machine" accept bytes, no one will pay any attention to this project. Most likely "time machine" will be forked by another project and people will use it there.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2019, 01:26:10 PM

No matter what you babble. The first impression counts. And it reads: Zero-Byte

No matter what Obyte does, you will not like it. Haters gonna hate.
Thul

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 02:15:28 PM

The demands were clear and well-founded: Byteball, Bytes and Blackbytes must disappear as terms.
Now we have Zero-Bytes and still "Bytes" as currency term. Completely imbecile.

Not the critics of this project are the problem, but submissive opportunists.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2019, 04:25:44 PM
Merited by julian071 (1)

The demands were clear and well-founded: Byteball, Bytes and Blackbytes must disappear as terms.

Whose demands? Your demands? Nobody cares about your demands. You have zero credibility.

People in crypto are weird bunch, they criticise a coin and demand stuff and then sh!t-talk even more because people ignore them.

I think IOTA is shitty coin, but I don't go harass them about it. I focus on good projects.
diyhockey

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 06:57:21 PM

I did some math for obyte lottery, please correct me if i wrong
Alisa bought 100 GB for $3.5k
lottery total fish points 2829. Alisa points: 10 for KYC, 9 for 90 GB
lottery total whale points 79454. Alisa points: 100 for 100 GB
52 draws per year. Winner gets 100 GB ($3.5k) and 211.11 GBB ($200)
Chances of winning over time:
1 year - 34,03% (1 of 52 draws)
2 year - 56,47% (1 of 104)
5 year - 87,50% (1 of 154)
So expected 1 year ROI is 36%. "(3.5 + 0.2) * 34,03% / 3.5". (given that the future is unknown and the price can both go up and fall, it is logical to take into account the current price)
*Given the past behavior of the team, there is good reason to believe that the rules will change or the lottery will be canceled.
*Only 12% of available supply participate in the lottery
*Strategy can be optimized by KYCing your poor friends. It also means that if you do not have poor friends, then your chances will decrease if other participants have such friends.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2019, 10:58:45 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2019, 05:27:21 PM by tarmo888

I did some math for obyte lottery, please correct me if i wrong
Alisa bought 100 GB for $3.5k
lottery total fish points 2829. Alisa points: 10 for KYC, 9 for 90 GB
lottery total whale points 79454. Alisa points: 100 for 100 GB
52 draws per year. Winner gets 100 GB ($3.5k) and 211.11 GBB ($200)
Chances of winning over time:
1 year - 34,03% (1 of 52 draws)
2 year - 56,47% (1 of 104)
5 year - 87,50% (1 of 154)
So expected 1 year ROI is 36%. "(3.5 + 0.2) * 34,03% / 3.5". (given that the future is unknown and the price can both go up and fall, it is logical to take into account the current price)
*Given the past behavior of the team, there is good reason to believe that the rules will change or the lottery will be canceled.
*Only 12% of available supply participate in the lottery
*Strategy can be optimized by KYCing your poor friends. It also means that if you do not have poor friends, then your chances will decrease if other participants have such friends.

Yes, rules can change if needed, but not because past behaviour, but also because it was said so in announcement post.
Price will change during one year and amount of people participating changes also during that time.
But it is still lottery with random winner (with an exception that you don't lose your stake), so points and balance doesn't guarantee a win.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 06:36:42 PM

Nice rebranding, even though I find that the words byte and bit are too inflated in the cryptospace - too many coins have those words in their names - so a more radical change of name could have been more effective to better stand out from the crypto-crowd.

Anyway I guess now you should adjust the Obyte signatures for Bitcointalk for those supporters like me who like to wear it even though there is no signature campaign as a motivation.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 09:31:05 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2019, 10:15:43 PM by tarmo888
Merited by hopenotlate (1)

Hopefully, this clears up what the logo is about
Thul

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:00:32 PM

"Monero and OpenBazaar seem like a good fit. Given Monero's different codebase, however, more work is required to properly integrate it. Furthermore, there seems to be some confusion about what Monero currently offers API wise. To clear the confusion, I think it would be a good idea to have a discussion thread on the Monero subreddit where the OpenBazaar team discusses, together with the Monero community and developers, a potential Monero integration.

Would the OpenBazaar team be open for this idea?

P.S. I am one of the moderators on r/monero."

https://old.reddit.com/r/OpenBazaar/comments/ahokfs/openbazaar_monero_integration/
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 04:41:36 PM

"Monero and OpenBazaar seem like a good fit. Given Monero's different codebase, however, more work is required to properly integrate it. Furthermore, there seems to be some confusion about what Monero currently offers API wise. To clear the confusion, I think it would be a good idea to have a discussion thread on the Monero subreddit where the OpenBazaar team discusses, together with the Monero community and developers, a potential Monero integration.

https://old.reddit.com/r/OpenBazaar/comments/ahokfs/openbazaar_monero_integration/

You posted to wrong topic, this is not Monero nor OpenBazaar topic, this is for Obyte announcements.
Thul

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 04:52:13 PM

You posted to wrong topic, this is not Monero nor OpenBazaar topic, this is for Obyte announcements.
I knew you wouldn't understand the hint.

Note: The competition is not sleeping.
fuk

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 05:19:35 PM

0byte is out of competition
Thul

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 05:51:58 PM

0byte is out of competition
Yeah, and just as useful as pears with ears.
barborrico

Activity: 111

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 12:39:17 AM

Now they have gone from a ridiculously bad name to a neutral bad name.
A neutral name cannot be bad, by definition. Idiot.

I agree Obyte sounds and looks kinda empty and void (0byte), something an overpriced marketing agency would suggest, oh maybe they did.
Maybe that is because you are empty and void. Obyte is a neutral name, so probably you are projecting your inner emptiness. Or your stupidity. Or both.

I get no positive vibe from it, but at least no negative anymore.
We get no name suggestions from you, maybe because the aforementioned reasons.

Byteball only. It is done.

Nobody cares about your critics without arguments. But hey! You can still help us by raising the thread! Keep it up, champion!
Thul

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:31:57 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2019, 07:47:49 AM by Thul

Nobody cares about your critics without arguments.
Arguments? Ha. There were lots of arguments. Not only from me. My contributions in this thread consist almost exclusively of arguments, but this arrogant dictatorship, including its boot-licking minions, proves to be resistant to knowledge.

Neutral name... Yes, the name is so neutral that it drowns in the swamp of bits and bytes. A unique selling point looks different. And it's not just bad, it's a disaster.

Every beginner asks himself unconsciously what this "O" stands for... Zero? OMG? Possibly even a WC over "00" pushes itself into the subconscious.

The first impression, the admission ticket for further interest, you have completely screwed up.

"Byteball" had at least a funny laughable note, and was therefore unique, but now... OMG-Byte.  Roll Eyes

In short: You are totally crazy.
Pages: « 1 ... 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: