Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:20:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 [1110] 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233915 times)
wudackprod

Activity: 1316
Merit: 121

View Profile
July 02, 2020, 08:14:33 AM

Wallet update:
Version 3.2.0 released.
This is a mandatory upgrade that fixes a bug in transaction size calculation that could allow sending data for free.

Both full and light nodes need to upgrade.
All headless nodes need to npm update to update to the latest core version and restart.
The updated version is scheduled to be activated at MCI 5530000 which is expected around July 18. This is the deadline for the upgrade.

Also in this release:
- improved translations
- added human readable display of some smart contract clauses used by PolloPollo

https://github.com/byteball/obyte-gui-wallet/releases

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Steve_Safronoff

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2020, 09:03:56 AM

Good morning gentlemen. I am Steve Safronoff, Partner and COO and Head of Business Development and Strategy/Plan Expert at Byteball. I have been on the team for 3 years, today I felt like it was finally time to see what is happening in the trenches. Byteball is running out of money but this to me means bigger opportunity. That is all for now, gentlemen. Onwards
ifinta

Activity: 729
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 05:07:58 PM

Good morning gentlemen. I am Steve Safronoff, Partner and COO and Head of Business Development and Strategy/Plan Expert at Byteball. I have been on the team for 3 years, today I felt like it was finally time to see what is happening in the trenches. Byteball is running out of money but this to me means bigger opportunity. That is all for now, gentlemen. Onwards

We sent some THANKs, to support with our 'No' Money your work. Many THANKs for your concept, your well done development, and for your support also!

https://www.facebook.com/vortexledger/photos/a.606340069783514/995379484212902/?type=3&theater

tarmo888

Activity: 563
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2020, 04:00:32 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2020, 04:17:10 PM by tarmo888

Wallet update:
Version 3.2.0 released.
This is a mandatory upgrade that fixes a bug in transaction size calculation that could allow sending data for free.

Both full and light nodes need to upgrade.
All headless nodes need to npm update to update to the latest core version and restart.
The updated version is scheduled to be activated at MCI 5530000 which is expected around July 18. This is the deadline for the upgrade.

Also in this release:
- improved translations
- added human readable display of some smart contract clauses used by PolloPollo

https://github.com/byteball/obyte-gui-wallet/releases

thanks, I have light Win 10 client and upgraded it  after downloading the .exe file from github. Yeah, it is digitally signed but why it is not accompanied by the hash sum? Sometimes the file may be corrupted even in the course of download  and that thing every time  bothering me.

Isn't the idea of digitally signing something that it also verifies that the file is a whole and not modified some way? Only thing that isn't digitally signed is the AppImage for Linux, which has a hash written down on release notes. All the digitally signed ones should warn you automatically if the file is corrupted or modified, so what good will an extra hash do? What's the point of additional hashes if verifying the executables is already built-into the OS.

Also, if you get tricked into downloading from fake Github, what would stop the fake Github from having fake hashes too? What you should look for instead is that the installer is signed by verified publisher: Byteball Foundation
wudackprod

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 12:38:17 PM

We are continuing new integrations. A few days ago, Gbyte was added to the Finexbox exchange, liquidity is just starting to gain momentum, why don't you join its support?

Look for a pair of Gbyte / BTC: https://www.finexbox.com/
More exchanges you can find on the official website: https://www.obyte.org
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2020, 08:06:27 AM

DECENTRALIZATION is here! Obyte is the first DAG to become fully DECENTRALIZED!

The 7th Poll has ended and the chosen new Order Provider is the Institute For the Future (IFF) of the University of Nicosia.

Now 7 out of 12 Order Provider nodes are independent.

Thank you Rogier Eijkelhof, Fabien Marino, Bosch Connectory Stuttgart, PolloPollo, Bind Creative, Cryptoshare,  University of Nicosia, and everyone who voted in order provider polls for getting us here!

https://medium.com/obyte/obyte-achieves-full-decentralization-by-adding-university-of-nicosia-as-an-independent-order-baaef0505392

Simplicity is beauty
wudackprod

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 03:26:45 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2020, 07:17:33 PM by wudackprod

Not so long ago we released new site: https://madeonobyte.org/
We want to remind you that the PolloPollo project has already opened a crowdfunding on the Feedback module!

You can find it here - https://madeonobyte.org/funding/pollopollo-feedback-module-14qaq3qqzze
Also, you can start crowdfunding for your project on the platform - information is here - https://madeonobyte.org/news/howto-create-crowdfunding-campaign-9lx85qapzqp
wudackprod

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 04:02:46 PM

Are you a developer or are interested in building an app or project on Obyte?🖥

Check out Obyte Github and find docs, tutorials, code and comments from Obyte's devs and collaborators.
Link: https://github.com/byteball
Discord: http://discord.obyte.org/

wudackprod

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 07:51:36 PM

Obyte's Public Native Currency is "Bytes" ...but, Do you know Why?
The amount you pay is equal to the amount of data you want to store. Obyte's transaction fees are very low and accesible to everyone.

https://wiki.obyte.org/Overview#Native_currencies
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 05:13:12 PM

I've been a fan of Obyte for over 3 years now, and it surely is one of the most interesting projects out there.
However, I still have doubts about its resilience. It should be government-resistant.
What would happen if a government would sent 12 agents to take care of the 12 Order Providers simulaneously? Could it bring down the network and maybe rewrite the history of the DAG?
I hope not, but I'd need to hear a convincing answer on why not. It's a question that deserves an answer.

tarmo888

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2020, 06:18:49 PM

I've been a fan of Obyte for over 3 years now, and it surely is one of the most interesting projects out there.
However, I still have doubts about its resilience. It should be government-resistant.
What would happen if a government would sent 12 agents to take care of the 12 Order Providers simulaneously? Could it bring down the network and maybe rewrite the history of the DAG?
I hope not, but I'd need to hear a convincing answer on why not. It's a question that deserves an answer.

Obyte is tyrannic government resistant, which means that unless all governments suddenly agree on something, there is no danger. The breaking point is actually 6-7 Order Providers, not 12 because if you take 6 out then there is no longer majority. If they take out 7 then they have the majority.
Getting all the governments suddenly co-operate with each other and agree on something like that is quite far fetched, especially when there is nothing illegal in what the full nodes are doing. Today, we no longer have majority of Order Proviers in one jurisdiction, so Obyte doesn't have a single-point failure https://stats.obyte.org/witnesses.php

If 6 governments indeed get simultaneously agents to knock on doors of 6 Order Providers then which judges are going to sign that? These 6 people should all have to be breaking some law for the agents to break in. So, Obyte is not in danger if one of the governments loses it's mind or one of the Order Providers is accused in something criminal. Running a full node is not criminal, posting transactions on cryptocurrency platform is not criminal either. Order Providers don't decide whose transaction is valid or not, the whole network does. Bitcoin is protected against same thing - multiple governments going mad, but Bitcoin miners actually decide whose transactions get confirmed, Obyte Order Providers doesn't. https://medium.com/obyte/from-blockchain-to-dag-getting-rid-of-middlemen-28afa7563545

In terms of what will happen if government seizes the machines, if it's even located in the same place as the Order Provider himself - the worst thing they can do is shut the machines down because if there is no majority of Order Providers posting anymore, no new transactions will get stable (confirmed). People could still post new transactions, but the part of the DAG with unstable transactions will not become stable. They could also modify the code and post transactions out of order, but that would just signal everyone that Order Provider is acting bad. They can't change the history, that's blockchain feature, not Obyte's.

If they somehow would get hands on majority of Order Providers (7) and make those post transactions out of order then that would just break the whole network and the community would need to hard-fork.

There is more about exact this thing on Obyte blog https://medium.com/obyte/dag-vs-blockchain-6d2d99f10bd9
cuarc001

Activity: 103

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 02:18:13 PM

This has probably been mentioned several times in the past, but I am not finding good and organized information that covers it clearly. When I try to send a payment in the wallet, I keep getting the message that I don't have enough spendable funds. My wallet consists of the rewards from running WCG. When I look in my history transactions, they all state that they are confirmed in the finality. How can I check in the wallet what my actual spendable amount is exactly? I did try transferring a much smaller amount and it went through. However, trying to send the bulk of it gives me the error. I'm sure if I clicked send all minus fees it would work, but a friend of mine saw that it didn't send all of his balance in one transaction.So, I'm assuming there is still something not fully spendable that isn't blatantly clear in the wallet. Can someone shine some light on how the wallet behaves and how to find your actual spendable amount?
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 03:12:45 PM

This has probably been mentioned several times in the past, but I am not finding good and organized information that covers it clearly. When I try to send a payment in the wallet, I keep getting the message that I don't have enough spendable funds. My wallet consists of the rewards from running WCG. When I look in my history transactions, they all state that they are confirmed in the finality. How can I check in the wallet what my actual spendable amount is exactly? I did try transferring a much smaller amount and it went through. However, trying to send the bulk of it gives me the error. I'm sure if I clicked send all minus fees it would work, but a friend of mine saw that it didn't send all of his balance in one transaction.So, I'm assuming there is still something not fully spendable that isn't blatantly clear in the wallet. Can someone shine some light on how the wallet behaves and how to find your actual spendable amount?

Are you talking about the bytes or WCGpoints? Because WCGpoints are not transferable, they are like gratitude tokens, which other bots can use to determine your status or discount.

You should be able to send out all the bytes in your wallet, just make sure your Order Providers (Witness) list is up to date because if it can't find a suitable parent for your transaction then it can't spend these funds either, but that usually gives different error.
There is also a limit of unspent outputs it can use at once (120), so maybe you have so many incoming payments that it can't send out all at once, try to consolidate smaller batches into different wallet and then send all from there.
cuarc001

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 04:01:04 PM

Are you talking about the bytes or WCGpoints? Because WCGpoints are not transferable, they are like gratitude tokens, which other bots can use to determine your status or discount.

You should be able to send out all the bytes in your wallet, just make sure your Order Providers (Witness) list is up to date because if it can't find a suitable parent for your transaction then it can't spend these funds either, but that usually gives different error.
There is also a limit of unspent outputs it can use at once (120), so maybe you have so many incoming payments that it can't send out all at once, try to consolidate smaller batches into different wallet and then send all from there.
Thank you for the quick reply. I am not talking about WCG points. I'm talking about the actual bytes. The only transactions to the wallet are the somewhat daily rewards for my WCG contributions. So, there shouldn't be much in the ways of transactions. My order providers is set to automatic update in the wallet and the wallet is always open. And to be clear, I just have the one wallet address.

When you say there is a limit on unspent outputs, what exactly does that mean? As I mentioned above, the only transactions are when I receive the WCG payments and is at most once a day if not every couple of days. Sometimes it takes up to 4 days to get the award.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 06:04:32 PM

When you say there is a limit on unspent outputs, what exactly does that mean? As I mentioned above, the only transactions are when I receive the WCG payments and is at most once a day if not every couple of days. Sometimes it takes up to 4 days to get the award.

I meant, there is a limit of how many inputs (MAX_INPUTS_PER_PAYMENT_MESSAGE) and outputs (MAX_OUTPUTS_PER_PAYMENT_MESSAGE) can be in one transaction. I double checked that it's 128, so if you have rewards set each day for year then all of these unspent outputs doesn't fit into a new transaction. But that should give different error message too, which is odd.

I would try to sent half of the amount to other wallet (you can create multiple wallets within app), if that didn't work, half of that. If it did work, then try full amount again. You could try to send to same wallet too, but I am not sure if that will fix the problem.

Can you join Obyte Discord server and ask further support from #helpdesk channel? https://obyte.org/discord
cuarc001

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 07:06:49 PM

I meant, there is a limit of how many inputs (MAX_INPUTS_PER_PAYMENT_MESSAGE) and outputs (MAX_OUTPUTS_PER_PAYMENT_MESSAGE) can be in one transaction. I double checked that it's 128, so if you have rewards set each day for year then all of these unspent outputs doesn't fit into a new transaction. But that should give different error message too, which is odd.

I would try to sent half of the amount to other wallet (you can create multiple wallets within app), if that didn't work, half of that. If it did work, then try full amount again. You could try to send to same wallet too, but I am not sure if that will fix the problem.

Can you join Obyte Discord server and ask further support from #helpdesk channel? https://obyte.org/discord
Using that invite link gives me a message saying that I have been banned. No idea why.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 07:14:41 PM

Using that invite link gives me a message saying that I have been banned. No idea why.

We sometimes we get waves of spam, maybe yours got accidentally banned with others. What's your name on Discord?
cuarc001

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 07:18:22 PM

We sometimes we get waves of spam, maybe yours got accidentally banned with others. What's your name on Discord?

Coleslaw
cuarc001

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 07:53:35 PM

Coleslaw

Working now. Thank you.
tranthidung
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 3933

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2020, 01:14:30 PM

Good to know your perspective on Obyte (formerly called as Byteball) and good to see you still wearing Byteball signature. A very good free support from you but as a long time supporter of the project, you would have known that the project is rebranded from Byteball to Obyte. It takes you a few seconds to edit your signature code and change Byteball to Obyte.

Did you forget to edit it? Or do you simply want to keep the initial name of the project, as Byteball?

Proof:
Byteball is now Obyte

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Pages: « 1 ... 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 [1110] 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: