Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:13:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymous PayPal accounts  (Read 19326 times)
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 12:15:05 AM

They are not a bank, they are not a governmental entity,
They are a "card issuer" per 15 USC 1602(o).

therefore there is no legal ramifications that come along with using "stealth accounts."
Except that you're not the person authorized to use the account. See 18 USC 1030(a)(2)(A).

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:36:06 AM

They are not a bank, they are not a governmental entity,
They are a "card issuer" per 15 USC 1602(o).

therefore there is no legal ramifications that come along with using "stealth accounts."
Except that you're not the person authorized to use the account. See 18 USC 1030(a)(2)(A).

Card issuer is not a bank. Plus, stealth users do not use the PayPal Debit Mastercard. There are ways of cashing out that do not require obtaining a card.

As for 18 USC 1030(a)(2)(A)...

I think you may be overlooking the most important word of my sentence you quoted, which is "stealth." A properly used stealth account cannot be traced to any other person. This means going through several steps to ensure PayPal does not link you. There is a whole e-book written on this topic, which I have read. I am familiar with everything you typed. Thus, if you cannot be connected to your stealth account, there are no legal ramifications.

PayPal's TOS calls for account termination of anyone who uses "untrue" info to sign up. No jail time for using stealth accounts folks.

"Registration Information. You agree to provide true, accurate and complete registration information and to maintain and promptly update your information as applicable. You agree not to impersonate any other person or use a name that you are not authorized to use. If any information you provide is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, without limiting other remedies, PayPal has the right to terminate your use of the Service and PayPal, its agents, suppliers, and subcontractors have the right to recover from you any costs or losses incurred as a direct or indirect result of the inaccurate or incomplete information. If your application is for a Premier or Business account, you may be required to furnish more detailed information in order to be in compliance with VISA/MasterCard rules. If any information you provide is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, without limiting other remedies, Wells Fargo and the VISA/MasterCard associations have the right to require that PayPal terminate your account."

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:50:20 AM

There is nothing illegal about lying to PayPal. They lie to their customers all the time. They are not a bank, they are not a governmental entity, therefore there is no legal ramifications that come along with using "stealth accounts." The most that will happen is they will find out you are using one if you are sloppy, then they will suspend your account.

PayPal's financial services licences require them to comply with AML and other financial reporting requirements.  They will report accounts suspected of being opened with fake credentials, and regulators may well view the offering for sale of the means to obscure true ownership of PayPal accounts as facilitating money-laundering activity, tax evasion, etc. 

Purchase "stealth" accounts at your own peril.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
No 1

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Ad Infinitum Et Ultra

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:51:12 AM

>PayPal
>Anonymous

I don't think these two words should be together in the same sentence, unless you want to say, "PayPal is not anonymous".

^lol true true..

12wqXQuExLnWoWWQy7j35hzBEW91bUz1YS
LcbBQ5oXtTjyKK4V8iaDqgUAAtahv9nsHR
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:39:52 AM

There is nothing illegal about lying to PayPal. They lie to their customers all the time. They are not a bank, they are not a governmental entity, therefore there is no legal ramifications that come along with using "stealth accounts." The most that will happen is they will find out you are using one if you are sloppy, then they will suspend your account.

PayPal's financial services licences require them to comply with AML and other financial reporting requirements.  They will report accounts suspected of being opened with fake credentials, and regulators may well view the offering for sale of the means to obscure true ownership of PayPal accounts as facilitating money-laundering activity, tax evasion, etc.  

No doubt. Money services have a legal obligation to KYC/AML.

But I know of several people successfully using stealth accounts, mainly for eBay sales. Many of them have hundreds of accounts.

And most have never had a stealth account limited/suspended. And zero of them have ever been to prison for money laundering, or even suspected of it for that matter. Point is, if you use it correctly, you cannot be caught. There are certain activites that draw attention to your PayPal account and using a stealth account is based upon knowing those activities & patterns and avoiding them. Someone with much experience and knowledge has written a book on this and his practices are proven to work.

All the OP is doing is marketing a service for people who may want to use it. Being familiar with this, I felt like weighing in. Didn't think I'd be in here debating with people.
mateo

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:08:23 PM

PayPal's financial services licences require them to comply with AML and other financial reporting requirements.  They will report accounts suspected of being opened with fake credentials, and regulators may well view the offering for sale of the means to obscure true ownership of PayPal accounts as facilitating money-laundering activity, tax evasion, etc.  

No doubt. Money services have a legal obligation to KYC/AML.

But I know of several people successfully using stealth accounts, mainly for eBay sales. Many of them have hundreds of accounts.

And most have never had a stealth account limited/suspended. And zero of them have ever been to prison for money laundering, or even suspected of it for that matter. Point is, if you use it correctly, you cannot be caught. There are certain activites that draw attention to your PayPal account and using a stealth account is based upon knowing those activities & patterns and avoiding them. Someone with much experience and knowledge has written a book on this and his practices are proven to work.

All the OP is doing is marketing a service for people who may want to use it. Being familiar with this, I felt like weighing in. Didn't think I'd be in here debating with people.

That's true and most people who use Paypal anonymously don't do anything illegal, it's mostly to overcome eBay limits, but one shouldn't rely on somebody else to create their Paypal accounts for them. That's a huge security risk, because even if you change your password, he could still try to blackmail you later on by threatening to rat you out. If you want anonimity, it's best to create a Stealth PayPal yourself. I personally have used these anonymous reloadable debit cards for Stelath PayPal. They work like a charm with PayPal and show up as debit cards, not prepaid.

BTC to the moon!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: