Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:42:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Conductive Cu/Ni Fabric - Let's make Faraday cages  (Read 21590 times)
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 05:08:20 PM

Certain individuals have shown sensitivity to this EM radiation.

Nowhere is there a paper published in a peer-reviewed journal that says anything like this.

I suggest you take some of that fabric you purchased and make yourself an "EM radiation cap of protection."

Also known as one of these...

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yourstruly (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 06:35:37 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2013, 12:38:00 AM by yourstruly

Nowhere is there a paper published in a peer-reviewed journal that says anything like this.

I suggest you take some of that fabric you purchased and make yourself an "EM radiation cap of protection."

First of all that is a terrible terrible show with terrible writing. Americans seem to like the worst sci-fi.

Second there are peer-reveiwed articles that suggest there may be a link between cell phone radiation and cancer. Its very hard to prove links to cancer conclusively due to the nature of cancer.

It would be reckless to just assume this new technology is harmless because of humanities track record of thinking things are harmless and finding out way later they are not. Like Asbestos, lead in gasoline, cigarettes, radium (was even put in condoms at one point), DDT and the list goes on so long I don't have time. Cellphones have been popular for less than two decades, so its hasn't even been long to prove anything conclusively, one way or the other.

If you want to talk about the subject like adults who read scientific articles I would be more than happy too but it looks like you are only interested in trolling my thread, and unforunately for me you aren't very good at it.

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 01:51:34 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2013, 02:06:45 AM by TECSHARE

Certain individuals have shown sensitivity to this EM radiation.

Also known as one of these...
Spoken from a place of true ignorance. Certainly our body driven by electrical impulses sent by the brain can't be effected by electrical fields! That is madness! Do the world a favor and keep your cell phone in your front pocket.
DobZombie

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:02:54 AM

Second there are peer-reveiwed articles that suggest there may be a link between cell phone radiation and cancer.

Please link them. I'm serious.  So much FUD on this subject has been spread it has been ingrained into everyone's dictionary of knowledge.

It would be reckless to just assume this new technology is harmless because of humanities track record of thinking things are harmless and finding out way later they are not. lead in gasoline, cigarettes, radium...

Lead in Gasoline was known to cause deleterious affects not long after it's discovery. Like asbestos it was an uphill battle to get it removed from popular products due to political influence etc.

You cannot compare radium and mobiles.  Mobile phones emit Non-ionizing radiation by definition CANNOT cause cancer. Radium emits ionizing radiation, which absoloutly CAN cause cancer.

you are only interested in trolling my thread, and unforunately for me you aren't very good at it.

I am absolutely not trying to troll your thread!

I just hate it when people spread FUD, and un-truths.  I used to believe in so many subjects (conspiracies etc)!  When that moron Jenny McCarthy started spreading stupid information about immunizations I did some research and realised that her misinformation is actually killing people! I've since been a champion for Critical Thinking on subjects such as these. 

I love Faraday cages and the things you can do with them.  I lot of people are concerned with the potential with RFID info being nicked (stolen) from your credit card and I believe it is a genuine concern.
The fabric you are selling is a super awesome material! The many types of items you stated in your OP are really cool and I hope you do really well in your endeavours to sell them!    Grin

First of all that (Tv Show Fringe) is a terrible terrible show with terrible writing. Americans seem to like the worst sci-fi.

THEMS FIGHTIN WORDS! (Fringe is my favourite show, also I'm not an americain!)

Cool

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 02:08:53 AM

My suggestion to the OP is not to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
DobZombie

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:11:21 AM

Spoken from a place of true ignorance. Certainly our body driven by electrical impulses sent by the brain can't be effected by electrical fields!

The brain can be affected by magnetic fields, but you said people can be affected by EM radiation, which IS untrue.  You should brush up on your physics.

Do the world a favor and keep your cell phone in your front pocket.

You know what's funny? I had a fertility test a few weeks ago, and I'm more virile now than I was when I had the test 10 years ago when I was 20!

and I've always kept my mobile in my front pocket!!

Wink

TECSHARE : Just because you say it is, doesn't make it true. That will be the last I say on the subject and I will let the OP get back to selling this amazing material and I wish him good luck in his selling endeavours.

EtherDais

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:02:58 PM

Can you try to confirm that NFC tags cannot be read through your material?  It might be nice to have a little bag for something like this:  https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/20291-3d-printed-nfc-enabled-bitcoin-simulacra
yourstruly (OP)

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 01:14:04 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2013, 01:29:57 AM by yourstruly

Can you try to confirm that NFC tags cannot be read through your material?  It might be nice to have a little bag for something like this:  https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/20291-3d-printed-nfc-enabled-bitcoin-simulacra

It will definitely block NFC which is usually around 13.56MH, the fabric should block that with about 80-90 dbi resistance, which should be more than enough to block signals. You could also double layer it for more protection too.

Thank you for your great question. Ill look into what it would take to make bags for that.

yourstruly (OP)

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 05:56:09 PM

I am working on some bag designs this weekend. I will report back with results soon as I can.

yourstruly (OP)

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 04:15:05 PM

I made some good prototypes but I want to remake them with better fabric. I'm waiting for that to come in the mail. When those are made I will have picture and start taking orders.

EtherDais

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:17:45 AM

I wouldn't mind ordering some myself perhaps.  Do PM me when your new stuff comes in. 

Best,
-ED
yourstruly (OP)

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 09:47:22 PM

I wouldn't mind ordering some myself perhaps.  Do PM me when your new stuff comes in. 

Best,
-ED

Are you referring to bags when you say new stuff? I have plenty of fabric if you are interested in that - but I still working all the prototypes for my bags and I have a full time job as well so it may be another week.

EtherDais

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:31:18 PM

I made some good prototypes but I want to remake them with better fabric. I'm waiting for that to come in the mail. When those are made I will have picture and start taking orders.

You referred to 'better fabric', which was the 'new stuff' I was talking about. 
yourstruly (OP)

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 11:46:07 PM

You referred to 'better fabric', which was the 'new stuff' I was talking about. 

Oh I apologize, I should have been more clear.

I have been making my prototypes with scraps so they don't look good, but it works for testing my designs to see if they block signals as expected. I use the same conductive fabric I sell, and have no plans to use different conductive fabric. By better fabric I meant I'm buying rolls of regular non-conductive fabric to make looking bags instead of using scrap fabric.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 07:30:54 AM

I'll just leave this here:
IARC CLASSIFIES RADIOFREQUENCY ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS ASPOSSIBLY CARCINOGENIC TO HUMANS
www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2011/pdfs/pr208_E.pdf
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:54:19 PM

I take it there was a setback in your designs?  Sad

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
kderaymond

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:55:02 PM

I'd be interested to see what you came up with as well.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 07:51:58 PM

IARC CLASSIFIES RADIOFREQUENCY ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS ASPOSSIBLY CARCINOGENIC TO HUMANS
context: other substances classified as "possibly carcinogenic" http://monographs.iarc.fr/ENG/Classification/ClassificationsGroupOrder.pdf

notable mentions:
Caffeic acid (found in coffee)
Acetaldehyde (occurs naturally in coffee, bread, and ripe fruit)
Bitumens (Asphalt)
"Carpentry and joinery" (whatever that means)
Cobalt and cobalt compounds
Coffee
Nickel, metallic and alloys

you better be scared!

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 12:40:42 PM

context: other substances classified as "possibly carcinogenic" http://monographs.iarc.fr/ENG/Classification/ClassificationsGroupOrder.pdf

notable mentions:
Caffeic acid (found in coffee)
Acetaldehyde (occurs naturally in coffee, bread, and ripe fruit)
Bitumens (Asphalt)
"Carpentry and joinery" (whatever that means)
Cobalt and cobalt compounds
Coffee
Nickel, metallic and alloys

you better be scared!
Oooor like a rational human being with self preservation instincts you could just limit your exposure. Not everything is a conspiracy to sell crap.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:50:26 PM

Oooor like a rational human being with self preservation instincts you could just limit your exposure. Not everything is a conspiracy to sell crap.
My point was that there are other things more mundane that are classified as "POSSIBLY CARCINOGENIC".

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: