Bitcoin Forum
December 13, 2017, 12:42:12 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What about Hong Kong Independance?  (Read 1166 times)
virtualx

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 11:05:31 AM

I am not sure whether there is enough support for a complete separation from China in Hong Kong. Most of the people are afraid that if they push too hard, then the Chinese will just annex them and cancel the special powers.
Hong Kong is surrounded by China. I don't think they have enough power to declare total independence. They may have to fight the entire Chinese military. They could be supported by other countries, which may give them a chance, but at what cost?

Unless Chinese politicians decide to let it go, independence won't happen for Hong Kong. It is too small an area to withstand any conflict with China and they have ownership of it now. The best you can hope for is to keep the courts and laws independent from the mainland. Those were part of the reason it became so powerful in that part of the world, because a judge wasn't afraid to embarrass even the highest politicians if they did wrong.
I agree that it's not likely but why does it work for Taiwan and not Hong Kong? Is the reason because Taiwan is surrounded by water? It's very close to mainland China. I know that the CCCP does not accept Taiwans independence but they act like an independent country.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sithara007
Legendary

Activity: 938

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 11:16:45 AM

I am not sure whether there is enough support for a complete separation from China in Hong Kong. Most of the people are afraid that if they push too hard, then the Chinese will just annex them and cancel the special powers.

They could always invite the Brits and their allies back.

Wink

The Brits are no longer a major military power. They could ask for the American support, but I really doubt whether the Americans would risk war with China at this point of time.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 11:38:38 AM

Wink

The Brits are no longer a major military power. They could ask for the American support, but I really doubt whether the Americans would risk war with China at this point of time.

U.S. FORGES AHEAD WITH INCURSIONS INTO S.CHINA SEA DISPUTED WATERS

Sputnik reports The United States will continue its presence in the East China and South China seas. The United States will continue its presence in the East China and South China seas to the extent allowed by the international law allows, President Barack Obama said Tuesday.

U.S. FORGES AHEAD WITH INCURSIONS INTO S.CHINA SEA DISPUTED WATERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgvyASRdmVg

Read more at http://nextnewsnetwork.com/u-s-forges-ahead-with-incursions-into-s-china-sea-disputed-waters/.

Cool
virtualx

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 11:49:06 AM

Wink

The Brits are no longer a major military power.
They could ask for the American support, but I really doubt whether the Americans would risk war with China at this point of time.
The Brits are actively working together with all of their former colonies. The Americans celebrate the 4th of July, but they went to Iraq together with the Brits. This is not some strange kind of paradox. The Brits are actively working on restoring their old world empire. They are a major military power, they have nuclear missiles and they have major influence in all of their former colonies.

we should have given them british citizenship and let them hold a referendum 20 years ago
First Brexit and then HongKongin ? I don't think the people from Hong Kong will get a British citizenship.

Masha Sha

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 08:13:10 PM

Better to have the locusts on shopping spree than on a firing spree Smiley.

I saw a good clip on the rebel village of China... Those corrupt officials stealing land from Chinese people and selling it for their own benefits deserve to be inquired... And then what happen if guilty is automatic. Bye bye...

The most important thing for China is to fight and guarantee the integrity of the communist party... The more the corruption the closer the end is... And it's quite an unknown what a transition might bring... Because if you believe Middle East is problematic... It's because you have no idea about China's history.

Peace, stability, harmony, honesty, sustainability; safety, liberty and love.

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1409

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 10:21:34 PM

I'm curious, would it really be better for Hong Kong to be independent or should it to continue to be a part of China and try to influence the rest of the country into stopping their bad policies?

I'll admit I'm not very well-versed on what has been going on, but I am interested because there are a lot of Bitcoin miners and pools that are based out of the mainland.

OrganofCorti's Neighbourhood Pool Watch - The most informative website on blockchain health
virtualx

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 11:30:43 PM

I'm curious, would it really be better for Hong Kong to be independent or should it to continue to be a part of China and try to influence the rest of the country into stopping their bad policies?

I'll admit I'm not very well-versed on what has been going on, but I am interested because there are a lot of Bitcoin miners and pools that are based out of the mainland.
Suppose it was possible without war. A transactions will have a lot of changes that are required. Hong Kong would need to do everything on its own and such a change may take a while to stabilize. Brexit is a perfect example, many changes are required before a region can be independent. It's not something that can occur overnight but a long (1,2 years) process. I don't know if Hong Kong can be self-sustainable at this point.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.