Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:40:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC/USD down from top, getting ready to drop?  (Read 2265 times)
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:47:01 AM

But right now, the actual utility of Bitcoin does not justify the price leap.

This is the only point of your entire post that was right.  The utility doesn't justify the price leap, because it actually justifies a much bigger one than we are experiencing. 

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
yokosan

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:48:16 AM

We are near the top. It's not going to be a pop it's just going to hover up and down with an increasing downward force over the next 6 months.
Ichthyo

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:50:25 AM

But right now, the actual utility of Bitcoin does not justify the price leap.

This is the only point of your entire post that was right.  The utility doesn't justify the price leap, because it actually justifies a much bigger one than we are experiencing.  

you provide us with a nice example what "anticipation" means.

"right now" means today, at easter 2013
right now you can buy a bit more than alpacka socks and weed, so more than $5 is OK
but thats much about it.

Anything beyond? Better utility? Better security? Scalability solved? Readily available debit cards? ...

Answer: "coming soon"  Grin
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:57:21 AM

Not true, you can buy cocaine, PCP, and a pistol, all while paying a premium to a third party to place an order for pizza on your behalf. Stop being so short sighted.

Elon Krusky
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 02:41:35 AM

Attentively observing the facts, but I keep my stance.
Expensify -  yet another "might be a bit deal" if it takes off
Bridgewalker - yet another nifty Bitcoin wallet, which could take off when bitcoin would be in more widespread use

So clearly you haven't looked at Bridgewalker, in any depth.  It isn't another nifty bitcoin wallet.  Not even close.  It's a dollar wallet - that uses bitcoin as the transaction network.  Big difference.  You can get someone to install it if you owe them a few bucks, send them the dough, and they say: "cool!"  And then you say: "oh, yeah... that's bitcoin, by the way".

As for Expensify, they're literally everywhere in the corporate world.  They are not a bitcoin effort, and they already - as you put it - 'took off'.  The point is that they've added bitcoin.  It isn't Amazon-level - but it beats the hell out of WordPress.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 03:25:12 AM

Bridgewalker - yet another nifty Bitcoin wallet, which could take off when bitcoin would be in more widespread use

So clearly you haven't looked at Bridgewalker, in any depth.  It isn't another nifty bitcoin wallet.  Not even close.  It's a dollar wallet - that uses bitcoin as the transaction network.  Big difference.  You can get someone to install it if you owe them a few bucks, send them the dough, and they say: "cool!"  And then you say: "oh, yeah... that's bitcoin, by the way".

At what point does the person who is owed money say, "wtf am I supposed to do with bitcoins? How do I get my usd out of this damn app?"

perhaps i missed that part on the app's website.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 04:30:24 AM

At what point does the person who is owed money say, "wtf am I supposed to do with bitcoins? How do I get my usd out of this damn app?"

perhaps i missed that part on the app's website.

They don't - as you already know.  You can always take the transaction back.  But people are very curious about bitcoin these days.  And this app gives you the opportunity to let them fall a little further into the rabbit hole.  I've done this more than once now, and the dawning light is fascinating.

It's not like you do this with a stranger, you know.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
hacknoid

Activity: 418
Merit: 252

Proud Canuck

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 05:19:35 AM

right now you can buy a bit more than alpacka socks and weed, so more than $5 is OK
but thats much about it.

So, I'm curious...

Right now bitcoinwatch is showing about 1.6 million bitcoins transferred in the past 24 hours. With only a few tens of thousands of those coming from exchanges, where were the other million plus going? Seriously... Or did I miss something?

If those numbers are right then it seems to indicate there is a large economy in action there. We're talking over $100 million / day in equivalent cash being transferred about.

BitcoinRunner : Side scroller game powered entirely by Bitcoin! 
Game (alpha): http://hacknoid.ca/bitcoinrunner
Discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=907618.0
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 03:21:50 AM

but thats much about it.

So, I'm curious...

Right now bitcoinwatch is showing about 1.6 million bitcoins transferred in the past 24 hours. With only a few tens of thousands of those coming from exchanges, where were the other million plus going? Seriously... Or did I miss something?

If those numbers are right then it seems to indicate there is a large economy in action there. We're talking over $100 million / day in equivalent cash being transferred about.

satoshi dice prob represents 50% or higher of that?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: