Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:12:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◣XBB◥ Boolberry - attempt at grassroots development movement [Bittrex]  (Read 418938 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 10:09:27 AM

you can mine at suprnova

You can, but your miners will be stuck at some point requiring manual redownload of scratchpad. Dunno it doesn't work automatically like with other pools.

The problem is actually that the clients don't really redownload the scratchpad.bin via http but rather they request more and more blocks via json-rpc, via the miner connection from the pool with every round. At some point this request is so big that is bogs down the pool connection because every miner is requesting > 100 blocks via RPC rather than via http...

This is also the problem which other pools considered as "DDoS"... It's no DDoS, it's just a sloppy written miner Smiley

On Suprnova you can request max 50 old blocks via RPC, if you request more your connection gets dropped and you have to redownload the scratchpad.bin which is then good for the next 50 Blocks if the miner program doesn't handle the updates well.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 10:16:49 AM

you can mine at suprnova

You can, but your miners will be stuck at some point requiring manual redownload of scratchpad. Dunno it doesn't work automatically like with other pools.

The problem is actually that the clients don't really redownload the scratchpad.bin via http but rather they request more and more blocks via json-rpc, via the miner connection from the pool with every round. At some point this request is so big that is bogs down the pool connection because every miner is requesting > 100 blocks via RPC rather than via http...

This is also the problem which other pools considered as "DDoS"... It's no DDoS, it's just a sloppy written miner Smiley

On Suprnova you can request max 50 old blocks via RPC, if you request more your connection gets dropped and you have to redownload the scratchpad.bin which is then good for the next 50 Blocks if the miner program doesn't handle the updates well.

If I get it right, we need someone to patch the miner, so it stops flooding JSON-RPC. It's no good for miners to produce invalid shares or just do nothing waiting for auth.

BTW why the miner can't download scratchpad from your pool if it's old or non-existent? Have to do that myself.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 10:39:24 AM

you can mine at suprnova

If I get it right, we need someone to patch the miner, so it stops flooding JSON-RPC. It's no good for miners to produce invalid shares or just do nothing waiting for auth.

BTW why the miner can't download scratchpad from your pool if it's old or non-existent? Have to do that myself.

Yep, right.

That's actually THE question Smiley It would be ideal if the miner would just re-download the scratchpad.bin on a regular basis.. like when it's older than X days or so

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 10:46:33 AM

Just i precise i am not dev, just i help dev for manage Bountie!! Smiley

Thanks Yassin54, I'm back now

Look forward to the bi-weekly update later this week, aiming for Wednesday
Welcome back my friend!!  Smiley
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 02:25:25 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2016, 07:50:47 PM by killerjoegreece

Bitvalak sent 100 BBR for Indonesian translation and posting of BBR announcement

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1617254
thanks, BBR received on my wallet dev..good progress

I can complete the Greek Translation for the same bounty. Check inbox if that might be of interest. Thanks

Is there a bounty on this guys?? inbox me if this is needed.
mbe24

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 06:34:19 PM

Hey guys,

I've just taken a look at the commits to the new github repo (here: https://github.com/BlockchainDevelopmentCompany/boolberry/commits/master)
And there is not much happening, yet. Besides some version renaming, that introduces rune, and some new checkpoints.

I like the spirit here, but I really would like to see some new code. I assume github will not just be used for showcasing/transparency, but also for the active development?

clintar2

Activity: 202
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:39:43 PM

you can mine at suprnova

Yep, right.

That's actually THE question Smiley It would be ideal if the miner would just re-download the scratchpad.bin on a regular basis.. like when it's older than X days or so
At startup, miner checks scratchpad age and re-downloads if it is older than 3 days.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:40:31 PM

Hey guys,

I've just taken a look at the commits to the new github repo (here: https://github.com/BlockchainDevelopmentCompany/boolberry/commits/master)
And there is not much happening, yet. Besides some version renaming, that introduces rune, and some new checkpoints.

I like the spirit here, but I really would like to see some new code. I assume github will not just be used for showcasing/transparency, but also for the active development?

Have you looked at the code?  It's not just as simple as pulling in some commits from other cryptonote coins.  CZ made some very significant changes to the original bytecoin code.  Boolberry is an entirely different beast.  It's definitely not an insignificant task to alter the code.  But I do agree that there should be some development beyond just creating a github account and adding checkpoints.  It's still too early to tell whether or not this is a serious attempt to develop Boolberry or just smoke and mirrors to pump the coin.  I'm holding off judgement for now and will watch what transpires over the next month or so.  
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:46:31 PM

It wouldn't be a bad idea to enlist CZ to do some changes, if needed. After all he stills gets his fee, and it would benefit him if that fee is higher in price due to development.
clintar2

Activity: 202
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 08:05:46 PM

It wouldn't be a bad idea to enlist CZ to do some changes, if needed. After all he stills gets his fee, and it would benefit him if that fee is higher in price due to development.
He's planning on incorporating a lot of things from his other project, so I'm not sure if current course is prudent.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 08:27:32 PM

He's planning on incorporating a lot of things from his other project, so I'm not sure if current course is prudent.

I was wondering about that as well.  CZ has stated that he's not abandoned BBR and will be incorporating changes in the future.  This "takeover" seems premature.
mbe24

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 08:31:44 PM

Hey guys,

Have you looked at the code?  It's not just as simple as pulling in some commits from other cryptonote coins.  CZ made some very significant changes to the original bytecoin code.  Boolberry is an entirely different beast.  It's definitely not an insignificant task to alter the code.  But I do agree that there should be some development beyond just creating a github account and adding checkpoints.  It's still too early to tell whether or not this is a serious attempt to develop Boolberry or just smoke and mirrors to pump the coin.  I'm holding off judgement for now and will watch what transpires over the next month or so.  

I was only referring to the changes made in 2016. But of course you're right, this is a non-trivial task.
There's another point that got my attention. 1blockologist was asked about his personal github account, in order to assess his coding capabilities, but he never answered that question. Is there anything new on this? I would be happy to see some previous cryptocoin related projects - be it technical or non-technical ones.
ph4nt0m

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 10:15:16 PM

you can mine at suprnova

Yep, right.

At startup, miner checks scratchpad age and re-downloads if it is older than 3 days.

My other mining rigs run for weeks without restarts unless there is a power outage or something like. It's not the same for Boolberry by far.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 10:35:06 PM

There's another point that got my attention. 1blockologist was asked about his personal github account, in order to assess his coding capabilities, but he never answered that question. Is there anything new on this? I would be happy to see some previous cryptocoin related projects - be it technical or non-technical ones.

The paper that 1blockologist published is mostly financial/pump material with a few simple technical stuff. I doubt he's an expert coder, but that doesn't mean anything: One can hire a coder. I mean if you are going to go for a multi-million valuation, what's gonna stop you from tapping the resources that you need? 5-10-20k usd?
ph4nt0m

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 10:45:36 PM

The paper that 1blockologist published is mostly financial/pump material with a few simple technical stuff. I doubt he's an expert coder, but that doesn't mean anything: One can hire a coder. I mean if you are going to go for a multi-million valuation, what's gonna stop you from tapping the resources that you need? 5-10-20k usd?

You don't want any coder for this kind of job. You want someone way above average. $250k/yr is what a smart coder makes full time in Silicon Valley. Ok, it can be part time and no taxes since it's crypto, but you're looking at a $50k budget most likely.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:42:12 AM

You don't want any coder for this kind of job. You want someone way above average. $250k/yr is what a smart coder makes full time in Silicon Valley. Ok, it can be part time and no taxes since it's crypto, but you're looking at a $50k budget most likely.

If the stated target for the marketcap is 50mn USD, it should not be an issue for 1blockologist.
1blockologist (OP)

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 02:49:01 AM

If the stated target for the marketcap is 50mn USD, it should not be an issue for 1blockologist.

Very practical, right? Just make the improvements and be satisfied with a 5,000% ROI without creating delusions about a reserve currency or e-commerce leader

We are practically turning Boolberry into a dividend producing asset with the masternode plan, we've seen this story before

Just keep reminding people that create unrelated qualifications for achieving this plan.

Aiming for our first bi-weekly missive later this week

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
crypjunkie

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 08:48:46 AM

Will we see the first bi-weekly missive today?
Embat

Activity: 1204

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 09:01:16 AM

We expecting it today. The interest is growing

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 09:02:11 AM

We expecting it today. The interest is growing

Why does "later this week" have to mean today?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: