Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:37:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◣XBB◥ Boolberry - attempt at grassroots development movement [Bittrex]  (Read 418935 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
raimch89
Legendary

Activity: 1169
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 03:00:42 PM

bi-weekly update today?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypjunkie

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:32:44 PM

bi-weekly update today?
Yes, it should be today.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:17:05 AM

need more than one dev. xmr have tons of top flight devs working with them.
CZ (guy was hailed as a genius by many on this board)  sad he dumped us....should return by now to help.

1blockologist (OP)

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 07:02:54 AM

Boolberry Network Address January 4, 2017

This is more of a summary of events and what is happening, as there has not been much software development over the holidays.

Poloniex and Seed nodes
Poloniex's Boolberry daemon was down and I messaged them about how to start the daemon with seed nodes. There was information to suggest that Poloniex migrated some daemons to new computational environments last week, and as such their Boolberry daemon likely lacked the ability to connect to peers with its built in seed nodes being offline. The problem is fixed on Poloniex's end now, and this reiterates why the updates I am pursuing to the Boolberry client's seed node resolving is important.

GUI
Monero officially released their GUI and it is written in the QT framework. A few contributors to the Boolberry project have offered designs for a Boolberry wallet that could possibly be reskinned over the Monero GUI, or separate QT GUI project.

Additional C++ Dev
I've been working on getting an additional C++ dev to contribute to the project. We will see soon if the project is right for them.

Market
The Boolberry market has had a low and steady amount of order depth and volume over the last month. Although not rising with the bitcoin rally, the last matched prices remain the same, ultimately increasing the value of BBR supply as it is priced in bitcoin. At some points in time the market seems to have an inverse relationship, but not at this point in time, likely coupled with the confidence that Monero's own rally inspires.

I routinely get messages from people that want to contribute in various capacities, the Boolberry project is getting more and more attention as people see the technology here.

The blockchain is going to soon be too prohibitive for 32-bit systems, and getting that into the database out of RAM is also an ongoing effort.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
CryptoRambler

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:18:06 AM

This is more of a summary of events and what is happening, as there has not been much software development over the holidays.

Poloniex and Seed nodes
Poloniex's Boolberry daemon was down and I messaged them about how to start the daemon with seed nodes. There was information to suggest that Poloniex migrated some daemons to new computational environments last week, and as such their Boolberry daemon likely lacked the ability to connect to peers with its built in seed nodes being offline. The problem is fixed on Poloniex's end now, and this reiterates why the updates I am pursuing to the Boolberry client's seed node resolving is important.

GUI
Monero officially released their GUI and it is written in the QT framework. A few contributors to the Boolberry project have offered designs for a Boolberry wallet that could possibly be reskinned over the Monero GUI, or separate QT GUI project.

Additional C++ Dev
I've been working on getting an additional C++ dev to contribute to the project. We will see soon if the project is right for them.

Market
The Boolberry market has had a low and steady amount of order depth and volume over the last month. Although not rising with the bitcoin rally, the last matched prices remain the same, ultimately increasing the value of BBR supply as it is priced in bitcoin. At some points in time the market seems to have an inverse relationship, but not at this point in time, likely coupled with the confidence that Monero's own rally inspires.

I routinely get messages from people that want to contribute in various capacities, the Boolberry project is getting more and more attention as people see the technology here.

The blockchain is going to soon be too prohibitive for 32-bit systems, and getting that into the database out of RAM is also an ongoing effort.

Thank you for the update and continued work on the project 1blockologist.

I have a few questions:

How is the RPC API coming along? Last we heard a couple mos ago was that it is 70-80% complete.

Is Javajared still working on BBR? What is the additional benefit of adopting the XMR GUI - any enhanced functionality, or just cosmetic improvements?

What other help do you need from the community? I think there are a bunch of folks here that can really help if included
1blockologist (OP)

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 08:32:02 PM

Poloniex and Seed nodes

GUI

Additional C++ Dev

Market

Thank you for the update and continued work on the project 1blockologist.

I have a few questions:

How is the RPC API coming along? Last we heard a couple mos ago was that it is 70-80% complete.

Is Javajared still working on BBR? What is the additional benefit of adopting the XMR GUI - any enhanced functionality, or just cosmetic improvements?

What other help do you need from the community? I think there are a bunch of folks here that can really help if included

As I mentioned in the last bi-weekly, talking with an additional dev that likes crypto, if that falls through I'll let you know what help the effort needs

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:45:28 PM

https://coinopoly.xyz/monero-boolberry-and-the-return-of-crypto_zoidberg/

Interesting link

I wonder if this is true. I mean if CZ returns and masternodes are coming into play then BBR could be in for a very wild ride indeed.

I am obviously hoping this is true but it would seem others are taking this article rather seriously looking at the rise today.

Would be great to see BBR break out of this sub 1M MC that it has been stuck in for an age.

Ergenekon

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:49:37 PM

Where is "Creator of Boolberry"? Did he come back the boolberry developing?
raimch89
Legendary

Activity: 1169
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:52:41 PM

Interesting link

I wonder if this is true. I mean if CZ returns and masternodes are coming into play then BBR could be in for a very wild ride indeed.

I am obviously hoping this is true but it would seem others are taking this article rather seriously looking at the rise today.

Would be great to see BBR break out of this sub 1M MC that it has been stuck in for an age.

3 months old and no news since that
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:56:27 PM

Interesting link

3 months old and no news since that

Opps yep. Just noticed the date. I asked someone the reason for the pump and he sent that. I did not examine the date.

Must be either

1. other news we are not privy too
2. just a pump

hopefully 1.

1blockologist (OP)

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 04:30:04 AM

Boolberry Network Address January 19, 2017

We are ramping up development and need to clarify a couple of things.

Donation Process
This update is primarily around formalizing the donations process.

Sporadically, people have donated to @blockology and that has been very helpful. Although the 1% miner tax has not been a priority incentive, this is still enabled and goes to CZ, voluntary donations would spur development better.

There are several objectives and key results which can be funded directly and this will allow the people that worked on those things to be paid directly without ambiguity.

This too is modeled after Monero’s approach to donations and development funding.

For example, there are several approaches to the seed node solution, and they require owning multiple domain names and setting the A names to stable peers.

The domain names themselves would have a cost and having at least one highly connected node under our control would a cost. And paying for it years into the future would be prudent.

Similarly, binaries, and the LMDB are very high priorities.

I’ll be organizing this more in the coming days, showing what the primary objectives are.

Cryptonote

Monero forked to include RingCT and I’ve been monitoring developments in that front, with Boolberry in mind. RingCT has been on the development roadmap since the first research paper was released, and it would require a hard fork in Boolberry.

For now, if a flaw is found in RingCT then boolberry is a good fallback network. If all goes well we would be looking to have the Boolberry community update via hard fork. There would be no contentious hard forks and there are a lot of improvements to bring over without a hard fork.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
CryptoRambler

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 02:43:34 PM

Donation Process

Sporadically, people have donated to @blockology and that has been very helpful. Although the 1% miner tax has not been a priority incentive, this is still enabled and goes to CZ, voluntary donations would spur development better.

There are several objectives and key results which can be funded directly and this will allow the people that worked on those things to be paid directly without ambiguity.

This too is modeled after Monero’s approach to donations and development funding.

For example, there are several approaches to the seed node solution, and they require owning multiple domain names and setting the A names to stable peers.

The domain names themselves would have a cost and having at least one highly connected node under our control would a cost. And paying for it years into the future would be prudent.

I’ll be organizing this more in the coming days, showing what the primary objectives are.

Cryptonote

Monero forked to include RingCT and I’ve been monitoring developments in that front, with Boolberry in mind. RingCT has been on the development roadmap since the first research paper was released, and it would require a hard fork in Boolberry.

For now, if a flaw is found in RingCT then boolberry is a good fallback network. If all goes well we would be looking to have the Boolberry community update via hard fork. There would be no contentious hard forks and there are a lot of improvements to bring over without a hard fork.

@1blockologist,

Is the new developer going to remain anonymous, or will we recognize them from other projects?
1blockologist (OP)

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 05:54:42 PM

Donation Process

Cryptonote

@1blockologist,

Is the new developer going to remain anonymous, or will we recognize them from other projects?

The one in mind probably won't be anonymous, not related to cryptocurrency

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
crypjunkie

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 08:33:27 PM

For anyone interested in joining in on the chat about the recent update and funding please feel free to join the slack @  https://boolberry.herokuapp.com
riskyfire

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 11:55:38 PM

I created a video guide for anyone looking to get started mining Boolberry

https://youtu.be/_O561rvz7Mo

Tripjammer

Activity: 394

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:54:38 AM

Cant get the wallet to sync, it wont connect to any of the node. I am able to mine on a supernova pool but i need the wallet to work.

I am using the windows wallet...

WishFinanceAlternative lending platform for SMEs
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Oct, XX Crowdsale  |  Aim for +YY% bonus!      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬       
[ WishFinance tread ]  ●  [ Whitepaper ]  ●  [ Telegram ]
maxmad_x

Activity: 546

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 05:25:07 AM

I was just watching your video Lee! Thanx for bringing it to my notice. Smiley
Btw is there a good calculator for it? TIA
maxmad_x

Activity: 546

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 06:23:56 AM

My daemon cant connect to any peers. The blockchain / bin file is not syncing. Can anyone tell me the solution?

Please write a step by step guide on the first page itself. Thank you
siagirl

Activity: 180

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 01:16:08 PM

Hi I want to ask you do you have mining calculator? Thank you in advance.
crypjunkie

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:20:56 PM

Nice job mate, i posted the link to this on the slack last night from your steemit page. Getting good amount of views too, well done.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: