Bitcoin Forum
October 22, 2017, 08:52:53 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How much do you pay for electricity?  (Read 71128 times)
andy847

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 12:10:23 PM

we are in 2016, you are wasting your time ... I think the best way to easily generate bitcoin: www.duckbit.com
I think everyone agrees, and you have nothing to lose, it's free  Wink Wink Wink


View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
awesome31312

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 12:14:54 PM

I pay absolutely nothing! That's right, $0 for electricity. Get on my level.

we are in 2016, you are wasting your time ... I think the best way to easily generate bitcoin:
I think everyone agrees, and you have nothing to lose, it's free  Wink Wink Wink


Nice spam. Just kidding, it's annoying.

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
doomistake

Activity: 532

🌟ATLANT ICO ENDING SOON🌟

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 07:01:53 AM

It depends on the how I use my electricity actually, but the amount of electricity that we pay here in the Philippines is 10 pesos per kWh I think if I'm not mistaken. Obviously the more you have appliances using, the more the electricity you pay. Like those who are mining bitcoin, since mining bitcoin requires full time running of your PC to mine bitcoins, well it only depends if you're gonna turn your computer on all night and day I'm sure you're gonna pay electricity a little big compare to those who don't mine bitcoin.

arwin100

Activity: 630

❤ Filipino Translator ❤

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 10:01:40 AM

I thought it might be neat to go around and share how much we all pay for electricity (or the equivalent at a hoster facility, etc)

I'll start:

11.0 cents / kWh    (Washington state)
Our KWH here from our country and ineed to use solar system for my house and i cant afford to pay my monthly electricity bill , Well i can use now my walley to pay these bills of mine every month well thats better now evendo i pay high for my electricity.

In my country also the electricity cost is so high and it cannot really gaurantee ua to earn on mining industry, and i don't see any people operating some hardware in here since people know that electricity bills are more higher than our profits in mining but i think if they run a solar panel source of electricity well they can get some profit since they can pay less on this thing, but i am not sure if it is really profitable upon using solar well let see and wait for another comments.

Solar panel source of electricity is very good source of electricity, but it all depends on the flow of air around the area, if their is good flow of air then you will get good amount of electricity, and this will give you more benefit in mining and in cost also.

I am paying very less in the sense of payment in usd but here as it is not legal to use bitcoin so we cannot start the mining work.

But the very bad thing is we don't have any space where solar pannel can be place with our area is compress and we can't trust neighboors since they might stole it if we left it unattended in some place. So overall even though sollar mining would still not work in our place and thats the reason i don't bother to have any hardwares since its unusefull to me.

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.UTRUST.▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
eaLiTy

Activity: 560

Anonymous bitcoin mixer

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 10:17:16 AM

if you need cheap electricity you have to move your mining farm to developing countries where you can benefit the low costs allround,China,india ,Bhutan all have cheap electricity charges compared to the rest of the world.that is why majority of the mining farms are located in china,because the weather also suits big mining farms

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
th3nolo

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 05:31:57 AM

0.01$ kW in my country have electricity is practically free, that's one of the things I like least. whatever it takes to have  people be happy and the cost to have is so huge for the state obviously.

QuintLeo

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:10:07 AM

Most of India has high electric rates.
Most "developing" countries have high electric rates AND very unreliable infrastructure where they have electric at ALL.

Most of the bigger Chinese farms are associated with a mining gear manufacturer, or are in an area where the power is crazy-cheap because the government went WAY overboard on a few major hydro projects and didn't think about how to get the power to somewhere USEFULL.

Central Washington state happens to be a place with some large farms - despite more "governmental oversight" in the form of zoning restrictions, needed business registration stuff, etc, than most or all "developing countries" - due to very very low electric cost, and the weather here is quite suitable for mining as well (not REAL cool year-round, but very dry when it's NOT cool so evap cooling works VERY well indeed) - and the infrastructure for power and internet is EXCELLENT on availability and reliability compared to almost anywhere in ANY "developing" country.

China is not a "developing country" to any real degree any more.
Docnaster

Activity: 490

Buying Paypal i have bitcoin 15% Preev rate PM!

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2016, 01:39:22 PM

I thought it might be neat to go around and share how much we all pay for electricity (or the equivalent at a hoster facility, etc)

I'll start:

Our KWH here from our country and ineed to use solar system for my house and i cant afford to pay my monthly electricity bill , Well i can use now my walley to pay these bills of mine every month well thats better now evendo i pay high for my electricity.

In my country also the electricity cost is so high and it cannot really gaurantee ua to earn on mining industry, and i don't see any people operating some hardware in here since people know that electricity bills are more higher than our profits in mining but i think if they run a solar panel source of electricity well they can get some profit since they can pay less on this thing, but i am not sure if it is really profitable upon using solar well let see and wait for another comments.
Well you can't just say that electricity in your country is so much high because if you really want to mine and build a mining rig then you should find ways how to do it? You can also buy Solar Power System that can really support your hardware to do mining every 10hours and nowadays i think bitcoin miner is not really profitable.

▄███████████████████████
    ▄█████████████   █████████
  ▄███████████████▄▄▄█████████
▄█████████████████████████████
██   ███   ███████████████████
██▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████████████████
█████████████████████████▀▀▀██
█████████████████████████   ██
██████████████████████████████
██▀▀▀███▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██   ███   █████████   ██   ██
██████████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██████████████   ███   ██   ██
.primalbase.

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                  ▀██▄
  ▄█▀                      ▀██
 ██▀                        ▀██
▐█▌                          ▐█▌
██ ██ ██ ▐█ ██ ██ ▐█ ██ ██  █ ██
██  █▄█▐▌█▌  █▄█▐▌█▌  █▄█▐▌█▌ ██
██  ▐█  ██   ▐█  ██   ▐█  ██  ██
 ██                          ██▀
 ▀██                        ██▀
   ██▄                    ▄██
    ▀██▄▄               ▄██▀
       ▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

arwin100

Activity: 630

❤ Filipino Translator ❤

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 01:07:29 PM

I'll start:

Well you can't just say that electricity in your country is so much high because if you really want to mine and build a mining rig then you should find ways how to do it? You can also buy Solar Power System that can really support your hardware to do mining every 10hours and nowadays i think bitcoin miner is not really profitable.

Solar power mining is good but i don't have any idea about it on how it works can you advice me or can you send any links of tutorials about it? And i am afraid to mine know since mining comes to my knowledge is unprofitable scheme for now, But i think also that solar power might be costly since the maintenance for it might gonna take more money.

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.UTRUST.▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
eduaro66

Activity: 319

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 02:37:08 PM

I'll start:

Solar power mining is good but i don't have any idea about it on how it works can you advice me or can you send any links of tutorials about it? And i am afraid to mine know since mining comes to my knowledge is unprofitable scheme for now, But i think also that solar power might be costly since the maintenance for it might gonna take more money.

There are special firms that install solar panels. for example Wholesale Solar . They do everything you tell and show how it works
Mkmanik

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 03:50:35 PM

$1-$2 in bangladesh Wink

leowonderful

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 10:36:42 PM

I'll start:

11.0 cents / kWh    (Washington state)

There are special firms that install solar panels. for example Wholesale Solar . They do everything you tell and show how it works
The only major issue to solar based mining is that it is incredibly inefficient and a terrible way to try to mine. In most cases, those panels will require lots of maintenance and such, and you'll need to repair and replace them a lot, as well as pay for the panels themselves as well as installation (which is actually quite easy). There's plenty of evidence for this; iirc there was an entire thread about solar mining here and all it proved was that it was not effective at all.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
bestluck

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 10:39:51 PM

in my country it is from 0.03 to 0.12 . it depends on the value of electricity we spend like if we spend a defined minimum amount then we will have to pay in that smaller amount while those who spend higher will have to pay in that higher value.

▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
      ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
          ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
             ▄█████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             █████████████▀
             █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             ▀▀▀
Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
   ▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
isoneguy

Activity: 448

!Master Ω's §§.

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 12:58:54 AM

The only major issue to solar based mining is that it is incredibly inefficient and a terrible way to try to mine. In most cases, those panels will require lots of maintenance and such, and you'll need to repair and replace them a lot, as well as pay for the panels themselves as well as installation (which is actually quite easy). There's plenty of evidence for this; iirc there was an entire thread about solar mining here and all it proved was that it was not effective at all.

Solar is getting really cheap, you could probably build a system that would power an s9 "indefinitely" for 500-1000 bucks depending on your skill level in constructing such things yourself. After the initial purchase of batteries(if you need em) and infrastructure...it's not that expensive to just add more panels.

If you already have a solar system then it's a decent payout for your extra electricity.

Teraboy

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 06:02:30 AM

Solar is getting really cheap, you could probably build a system that would power an s9 "indefinitely" for 500-1000 bucks depending on your skill level in constructing such things yourself. After the initial purchase of batteries(if you need em) and infrastructure...it's not that expensive to just add more panels.

If you already have a solar system then it's a decent payout for your extra electricity.
I don't even think if the solar system is really really cheap, please let me know about the evidence if the solar system is really cheap. I should wanna to say if that is a real cheap too many people is already own their solar system in their house at this time. the solar system is expensive in my mind. and for configuring the solar system in my house isn't only need for providing the solar panels, also need a battery... and just a little solar panels with not giving a much electricity... except you're living in the developing countries.... but especially in AU a lot of the house of civilians is already having a solar panels in their roof.

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
isoneguy

Activity: 448

!Master Ω's §§.

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 07:32:20 AM

some power companies will allow you to set up a grid-tie inverter and store your solar harvest as credit in their system.

and you can buy 300W solar panels on ebay for like 90 bucks

maydna

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 11:55:32 AM

i am really don't know how much per kW/h in my country but in a month i pay electricity fee in around $30-$35 and i don't understand how to calculate the fee, i only know the fee in a month.

████████████████
                           ████████████████████████
                    ████████                      ██████
                   █████                █████       ███████
               █████                 █████████            ███
            ████   █████   ██████████████████████           ████
           ████   █████████████████████████████████          ████
         ███      ███████████         █████████████████         ████
         ██       ███████████        ██████████     ████████████  ███
       ███        ████████████████████       ██       ██████████   ███
      ████      █████████       ██████       ████     ███████████   ██
     ████     ████    ██     ███     ██████████████████████████     ███
     ██       ████   ███     ████    ██████    ███    █████████      ███
   ███      ████     ████████████████████████  ███      ████████      ███
   ███   ███████████████     ███████████████████████   ███   ███      ███
  ████ █████████████   ██   ██████████████████ ███████████   ████     ████
  ████ ███████████     ███████████        ████████    ████   ████       ██
  ████ ███████████     █████ ████          ███████    █████  ████       ██
  ████   ██████████  ████████████          ████████████   ██████████    ██
  ████    █████   ██████   ██████          ████  █████    ███████████   ██
  ████     ████    █████   ███████       █████████████     ██████████ ████
   ███     ████    ██████████ ███████████████████  ███    ███████████ ████
   ███      ████   ██    ██████████████████  ██    ████████████████   ███
   ████     █████████    ████████████████████████ ██████    █████     ███
     ██     █████████      ██    ████████ ████████████     ████      ███
      ███   ████████████████████████████  ████     ███    ███       ██
      ████  ██████████████████████   ████████      ███ █████       ███
       ████ ███████████      ███      █████████████████████      ████
         ███████████████     ████    █████   ██████████████      ███
          ████         ███████████████        ██████████████   ████
           ████         ████████████████     ██████████████  ████
              █████         ███████████████████       ██  █████
               █████         █████████████              █████
                   ██████       ██████             ███████
                        ██████████████  ████████████
                            ██████████████████████
Gaze Coin

BLOCKCHAIN-VR/AR TOKEN 

=
  [Facebook][Twitter][Telegram]
[Reddit] [Steemit]
Daisy14

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 11:05:27 AM

$0.08 - 0.09/Kwh here in Nigeria, but we do not have a steady supply. So we fill up the gap with generators/inverters and most recently solar panels.
Iegion

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 08:11:41 PM

I thought about solar but the ROI is just way too slow, plus I would need a ton to run all my miners. I am paying .015/kw here in the summer and in the winter I am paying .0808/kw up to 1KWH and 1/2 price after that. So I downsize in the summer selling old rigs and buying new ones on the winter.
mettalmag

Activity: 742

≡v≡

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 10:45:25 AM

0.13GEL/Kwh it's around 0.06USD and in some regions like Svaneti, Mestia electricity is free, yeap totally free
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.