Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:56:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ZCash Mining Guide  (Read 22731 times)
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 10:55:52 PM

Great! I've found this mining guide to be very interesting and a good way to learn how to mine the next anon cryptocurrency ZCash. Can't wait for the official release of ZCash this October 28, 2016 as I would get to mine them right away with my GPU mining rig. Also, I'm considering buying a contract over at Genesis Mining to mine ZCash which would save me all the hassle of setting up the rig properly, maintenance, and other factors. Thanks so much for this guide!  Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cacapzarg

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:47:21 AM

Great! I've found this mining guide to be very interesting and a good way to learn how to mine the next anon cryptocurrency ZCash. Can't wait for the official release of ZCash this October 28, 2016 as I would get to mine them right away with my GPU mining rig. Also, I'm considering buying a contract over at Genesis Mining to mine ZCash which would save me all the hassle of setting up the rig properly, maintenance, and other factors. Thanks so much for this guide!  Cheesy

Does it work well on the AMD 7970 or the 280X? These are the very popular cards a few years ago.
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 10:50:53 AM

Can people post their benchmarks?

I get around 6 sol at 2H/s using an Intel Core i7 6700 HQ
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 05:04:54 PM

Does it work well on the AMD 7970 or the 280X? These are the very popular cards a few years ago.

Well, I've only tested it for a short time doing the mining process on an AMD 7970 but haven't quite started full time mining ZCash with it so the results may vary. But since ZCash's mining algorithm is Equihash, it is more based on the amount of RAM that you have rather than depending more on GPU power.

Just in case, you can check out more info about it here: https://z.cash/blog/why-equihash.html

Now, I would also give a shot at Genesis Mining since they will be having contracts to mine ZCash. It is also a good choice if you prefer to skip setting up the mining rig, and giving it maintenance (also paying electricity costs). But, still as of today mining could be seen more as a hobby since it is not very profitable at all.  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Cajulasa

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 05:28:00 PM

Well, I've only tested it for a short time doing the mining process on an AMD 7970 but haven't quite started full time mining ZCash with it so the results may vary. But since ZCash's mining algorithm is Equihash, it is more based on the amount of RAM that you have rather than depending more on GPU power.

Just in case, you can check out more info about it here: https://z.cash/blog/why-equihash.html

Now, I would also give a shot at Genesis Mining since they will be having contracts to mine ZCash. It is also a good choice if you prefer to skip setting up the mining rig, and giving it maintenance (also paying electricity costs). But, still as of today mining could be seen more as a hobby since it is not very profitable at all.  Smiley

The Genesis mining contract is too expansive. The 60H costs $2600. With 2x 390x you can get 60H yourself.
Dolmater

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 06:01:45 PM

The Genesis mining contract is too expansive. The 60H costs $2600. With 2x 390x you can get 60H yourself.

The 390x costs about $400 at the moment. That is just 15% of the Genesis mining cost, and you can sell the 390x later.
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 07:21:59 PM

Yeah. I've had the same thought too. In this case, I would be earning more with my rig rather than depending on a cloud mining contract. If ZCash had an ICO, I would've bought plenty of coins in order to sell them later for profit. But, it seems that ZCash won't have an ICO so the only chance to get some coins would be via mining upon its release or buying a few coins on an exchange quickly before price starts to rise.  Grin

The 390x costs about $400 at the moment. That is just 15% of the Genesis mining cost, and you can sell the 390x later.

Thanks mate. This actually makes a lot more sense than spending more money on a contract in which it can reduce your chances of getting profit at all. I expect to reach ROI from within a year once I start mining ZCash with my rig.  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Tmdz

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 09:21:53 PM

Those cloud mining contracts are a total joke, only the providers will make money on them.  I doubt they will ever roi...

I think a bunch of rx470s is the sweet spot for watts to sol/s, you can get almost 20 sol/s with 1375 straps currently.  It is also likely there will be future improvement to make the miner faster and rx 470 is only $200.
4K-kun

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 09:25:28 PM

Great guide (with pictures!), thank you for your work.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kanoptx (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

www.cryptocompare.com

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 11:59:36 PM

Great guide (with pictures!), thank you for your work.

Thank you!

Ostonian

Activity: 912
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 08:09:04 AM

Those cloud mining contracts are a total joke, only the providers will make money on them.  I doubt they will ever roi...

I think a bunch of rx470s is the sweet spot for watts to sol/s, you can get almost 20 sol/s with 1375 straps currently.  It is also likely there will be future improvement to make the miner faster and rx 470 is only $200.

I agree with that totally. The cloud mining contract are 5 times over expensive. But people will still buy that.
superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 08:20:27 AM

For those interested to setup a ZCash miner on Windows here is a simple guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVNGcF37jM4
I tested and working on my W7 64 bits.

charles99

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 08:33:11 AM

Is this the new hot coin to mine?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 09:58:32 AM

For those interested to setup a ZCash miner on Windows here is a simple guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVNGcF37jM4

yes but it does not work right with multiple gpu, i'm getting a very low hashrate
superiorus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 10:10:53 AM

yes but it does not work right with multiple gpu, i'm getting a very low hashrate

Did you set the number of cores in the batch file (-t x)?

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:23:19 AM

no, i need to modify the config? what is the line to add exactly?
superiorus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 10:39:58 AM

this one:  
nheqminer_x64_SSE2.exe -l usa -u yourbtcaddress.Worker_name -t x
where x = number of your cores

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:57:49 AM

this one:  
nheqminer_x64_SSE2.exe -l usa -u yourbtcaddress.Worker_name -t x
where x = number of your cores

mmh no, i didn't add this, cpu has somethign to do witht he performance? i just have a dual core there like everyone else runnign a six gpu rig
Vin
Legendary

Activity: 1166
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 04:29:29 PM

Nice guide. Thanks

Benchmark shows

Speed: 4.9965 H/s
Speed: 9.993 S/s

Xeon 5680
Bannedseller

Activity: 581
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 04:40:19 PM

Watched yesterday. Good tutorial
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: