Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:22:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Genesis Mining Presents: SGMiner-GM - now with Zawawa's GG! [Updated 17/01/2017]  (Read 140373 times)
OhGodAGirl

Activity: 199
Merit: 108

Look, I'm really not that interesting. Promise.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 08:45:16 AM

XMR support has been added!

Keep in mind folks, this is a pre-release version. Currently, there is a bug with Windows where it crashes upon mining. We're able to reproduce it, but not able to find it.

I'd like to ask the community, though - what coin would you like to see next for SGMiner-GM?

I'm getting steady 30MH/s on each Fury X on stock clocks (1050/500). Claymore's can only get about 28MH.
A 390 at 1040Mhz gets 29Mh, with some overclocking I can surely can 32-33MH, but my cards warm up too much. Definitely the best miner out there.

The only issue I can spot is the CPU usage, which makes this miner basically worthless on weak CPUs. I couldn't run it on a single-core AMD CPU and a friend of mine had his rig crashing with a dual core Celeron installed. most mining rigs have very weak CPUs, and if this miner gets updated to support them, I am sure it will get much more traction.

Has it been determined that this issues running on systems with weak CPUs is real? Is there a fix coming?  I am wondering if this is the problem I am having on my multi-gpu mining rigs.  One GPU run at the right hash rate while the others run at half.  No matter what I do with the settings I cannot resolve this issue.  Both rigs have single core AMD CPUs.  I would love to use sgminer with its RPC capabilities but I am not going to invest in bigger CPUs for it.

Thanks.

If you search Wolf0's post in this thread, you will find that he posted a fix for the CPU usage bug.

Here it is again for those that don't want to look back through the thread.  I can confirm it no longer hogs the CPU on one core.
https://ottrbutt.com/miner/downloads/sgminer-gm/sgminer-gm-wolf-09222016.zip

copy sgminer.exe from the zip to the existing install directory.

I've gone ahead and added Wolf's fixed sgminer.exe to the release page, here: https://github.com/genesismining/sgminer-gm/releases/tag/5.3.0-gm
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 10:51:15 AM

Keep in mind folks, this is a pre-release version. Currently, there is a bug with Windows where it crashes upon mining. We're able to reproduce it, but not able to find it.

I'd like to ask the community, though - what coin would you like to see next for SGMiner-GM?

I'm getting steady 30MH/s on each Fury X on stock clocks (1050/500). Claymore's can only get about 28MH.
A 390 at 1040Mhz gets 29Mh, with some overclocking I can surely can 32-33MH, but my cards warm up too much. Definitely the best miner out there.

The only issue I can spot is the CPU usage, which makes this miner basically worthless on weak CPUs. I couldn't run it on a single-core AMD CPU and a friend of mine had his rig crashing with a dual core Celeron installed. most mining rigs have very weak CPUs, and if this miner gets updated to support them, I am sure it will get much more traction.

Has it been determined that this issues running on systems with weak CPUs is real? Is there a fix coming?  I am wondering if this is the problem I am having on my multi-gpu mining rigs.  One GPU run at the right hash rate while the others run at half.  No matter what I do with the settings I cannot resolve this issue.  Both rigs have single core AMD CPUs.  I would love to use sgminer with its RPC capabilities but I am not going to invest in bigger CPUs for it.

Thanks.

If you search Wolf0's post in this thread, you will find that he posted a fix for the CPU usage bug.

Here it is again for those that don't want to look back through the thread.  I can confirm it no longer hogs the CPU on one core.

I've gone ahead and added Wolf's fixed sgminer.exe to the release page, here: https://github.com/genesismining/sgminer-gm/releases/tag/5.3.0-gm

I bet 97% of the replies to this question will be "Zcash" :p

Wolf's latest .exe indeed works a lot better. Good that it's included.

Greetings

Q_R_V

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

Inactivity: 8963

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 10:56:03 AM

ZCash would be awesome, but i am aware it's highly improbable
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 02:02:27 PM

Thanks.

I would like to see the bugs in the current version fixed. sometimes it just says "found a block" at random times. additionally the miner has a bug where it stops showing the hashrates and shares if click on the miner's window. other than that it's a great miner.

Maybe Zcash? I'm sure it will make it really popular.
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 02:26:34 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2016, 02:43:28 PM by scryptr

Has it been determined that this issues running on systems with weak CPUs is real? Is there a fix coming?  I am wondering if this is the problem I am having on my multi-gpu mining rigs.  One GPU run at the right hash rate while the others run at half.  No matter what I do with the settings I cannot resolve this issue.  Both rigs have single core AMD CPUs.  I would love to use sgminer with its RPC capabilities but I am not going to invest in bigger CPUs for it.

Thanks.

Here it is again for those that don't want to look back through the thread.  I can confirm it no longer hogs the CPU on one core.

SEGMENTATION FAULTS  WITH CRYPTONIGHT--

Segmentation faults and a hard reboot result when attempting to mine CryptoNight under Ubuntu 14.04 with R9 280X GPUs.  The archives on the release page do not contain "cryptonight.cl", and while I was able to dig the file out of the git source, I was not able to mine successfully.

I took the solo Ubuntu binary from the opening page, substituted it in the miner directory, sourced "cryptonight.cl" from git, and was able to boot the miner and generate "bin" files, but then I got a hard hang requiring a reboot.  The error message stated "Error 61...".  Taking a clue from Wolf's other XMR project, I used work sizes of 8 and 16, with xIntensities of 320, 640, and 1024.  Lots of reboots and USB riser jiggling.

A sample configuration file for mining CryptoNight with this miner would be helpful.  I simply adapted the sample Ethereum configuration, setting "cryptonight" algo as default for a single pool.       --scryptr

EDIT:  I am able to mine with Wolf's other XMR project, but not on NiceHash.  NiceHash has specific extranonce requirements for CryptoNight.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
OhGodAGirl

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 03:05:52 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2016, 03:19:55 PM by OhGodAGirl

Has it been determined that this issues running on systems with weak CPUs is real? Is there a fix coming?  I am wondering if this is the problem I am having on my multi-gpu mining rigs.  One GPU run at the right hash rate while the others run at half.  No matter what I do with the settings I cannot resolve this issue.  Both rigs have single core AMD CPUs.  I would love to use sgminer with its RPC capabilities but I am not going to invest in bigger CPUs for it.

Thanks.

Here it is again for those that don't want to look back through the thread.  I can confirm it no longer hogs the CPU on one core.

I would like to see the bugs in the current version fixed. sometimes it just says "found a block" at random times. additionally the miner has a bug where it stops showing the hashrates and shares if click on the miner's window. other than that it's a great miner.

Zcash is not improbable. However, we wouldn't have something available on Zcash's launch. We'll look into it. I can't promise anything, but I can't deny we won't add it, either.

Thanks.

Segmentation faults and a hard reboot result when attempting to mine CryptoNight under Ubuntu 14.04 with R9 280X GPUs.  The archives on the release page do not contain "cryptonight.cl", and while I was able to dig the file out of the git source, I was not able to mine successfully.

I took the solo Ubuntu binary from the opening page, substituted it in the miner directory, sourced "cryptonight.cl" from git, and was able to boot the miner and generate "bin" files, but then I got a hard hang requiring a reboot.  The error message stated "Error 61...".  Taking a clue from Wolf's other XMR project, I used work sizes of 8 and 16, with xIntensities of 320, 640, and 1024.  Lots of reboots and USB riser jiggling.

A sample configuration file for mining CryptoNight with this miner would be helpful.  I simply adapted the sample Ethereum configuration, setting "cryptonight" algo as default for a single pool.       --scryptr

EDIT:  I am able to mine with Wolf's other XMR project, but not on NiceHash.  NiceHash has specific extranonce requirements for CryptoNight.       --scryptr

First: Cryptonight.cl is in the directory.
Second: Intensity of 320 will kill your 280x. Please don't use that. That's a RawIntensity of 32x64x320. That's 655360! That is a hell of a lot of work for your poor GPU.
Third: You're not mining successfully because of your settings. Don't reuse settings from Wolf's other projects with sgminer-gm. They're two separate entities. One is a custom made, stand-alone miner. The other is, well, sgminer.
Fourth: Don't ever use xIntensity. Rawintensity only. Try 448, move upwards from there.

The formula for rawintensity is  #(CUs) x worksize x 4 - so, for a 280x, you'd have 32 x 4 x 4. That gives us 512. Now, keep in mind, memory latency and bandwidth will come into play here, so you will need to tinker.

Here is a sample configuration:

Code:
{
    "pools": [{
        "name": "MoneroWorld",
        "url": "stratum+tcp://pool.minexmr.com:4444",
        "user": "41dPExBcrTjHU5fY41NLeKN3Zm6JFmxcC5BiEzGXC2WH1mj9hQV1VzLVcxeQVxavdURzXNCHmXLSgeH7KEfzLUFhPhidXJB",
        "pass": "x",
        "profile": "xmr"
    }],
    "profiles": [{
            "name": "xmr",
            "algorithm": "cryptonight",
            "rawintensity": "448",
            "worksize": "4",
            "gpu-threads": "2"
    }],
    "default-profile": "xmr",
    "no-extranonce": true
}

scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 04:23:48 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2016, 08:24:22 PM by scryptr

CRYPTONIGHT SUCCESS!!! --

I am successfully mining CryptoNight at about 530H/s per GPU with my R9 280X GPUs.  However, to do this, I had to  copy the entire "kernel" directory cloned from git into the current release folder.  v5.4 (dev) is not a drop-in replacement for v5.3 (final).  Your configuration was solid, I merely substituted my own pool preference and Monero address.

The miner will attempt to compile a binary with ckolivas if it is simply dropped into the v5.3 folder.  This isn't a hard-hang end, but hard hangs will result if the user tries to copy missing *.cl files one-at-a-tiime from the current git "kernel" folder.

With your configuration settings,  sgminer-gm is hashing CryptoNight 30H/s faster than Wolf's other XMR project did for me.  Any suggestions for tweaking?  Worksize of 8?       --scryptr

EDIT:  CRYPTONIGHT FOLLOW-UP--

Below is a summary of mining data from sgminer-gm:

4 R9 280X GPUs mining with sgminer-gm v5.4 (dev) with fglrx drivers under Ubuntu 14.04.

Good results for a half hour!       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
OhGodAGirl

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 04:32:47 PM

CRYPTONIGHT SUCCESS!!! --

I am successfully mining CryptoNight at about 530H/s per GPU with my R9 280X GPUs.  However, to do this, I had to  copy the entire "kernel" directory cloned from git into the current release folder.  v5.4 (dev) is not a drop-in replacement for v5.3 (final).  Your configuration was solid, I merely substituted my own pool preference and Monero address.

The miner will attempt to compile a binary with ckolivas if it is simply dropped into the v5.3 folder.  This isn't a hard-hang end, but hard hangs will result if the user tries to copy missing *.cl files one-at-a-tiime from the current git "kernel" folder.

With your configuration settings,  sgminer-gm is hashing CryptoNight 30H/s faster than Wolf's other XMR project did for me.  Any suggestions for tweaking?  Worksize of 8?       --scryptr

Worksize of 8 can be used, but make sure to change gpu-threads to 1 then (instead of 2). See how that goes for you.

The master branch has been updated to 5.4. All users should be using it, instead of just dropping in the updated sgminer - that doesn't work. Tweaks are made to a lot of files. The easiest way is to download the entirety of the branch, or, use the Linux files that were posted on the release. Always do a 'clean install', so to speak.
lexele

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 09:27:02 PM

hi there,I gave it a go mining xmr (RX 470 1175/2010, rI:1000/WS: 8 )
I wonder if it's expected to have a wide range of fluctuation, with current settings from 600 to 850 H/S ?
tx.
scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 03:02:27 PM

I wonder if it's expected to have a wide range of fluctuation, with current settings from 600 to 850 H/S ?
tx.

MY HASH RATES WERE STEADY--

The hash rates on my four card R9 280X rig stayed close to 530H/s per card during the half-hour mining run reported above.       --scryptr

lexele

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 06:54:15 PM

tx.

MY HASH RATES WERE STEADY--

The hash rates on my four card R9 280X rig stayed close to 530H/s per card during the half-hour mining run reported above.       --scryptr

tx, then I guess I should change my parameters, I already tried lower intensity and lower mem clock, no real change a part for lower hashrate.
Any clue anybody?
OhGodAGirl

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 10:19:42 PM

tx.

Can you try your rawintensity as 512, and set your worksize to 4, and tell me what you get?

Using the formula I posted (which is a reference, but not the rule), you'd be best to work with 1024 - and then, and this applies to everyone - work down in increments of 8, until you stop improving.

So many variables come into play here: cache, latency, overall speed, bandwidth. I know it's frustrating to spend so much time tweaking it. But it's the best advice I can offer you.

You are currently the only user reporting the fluctuating hash rates, so, if anyone else is having this issue, please, speak up!
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 12:03:02 AM

Thanks.

Zcash is not improbable. However, we wouldn't have something available on Zcash's launch. We'll look into it. I can't promise anything, but I can't deny we won't add it, either.

Thanks.

EDIT:  I am able to mine with Wolf's other XMR project, but not on NiceHash.  NiceHash has specific extranonce requirements for CryptoNight.       --scryptr

First: Cryptonight.cl is in the directory.
Second: Intensity of 320 will kill your 280x. Please don't use that. That's a RawIntensity of 32x64x320. That's 655360! That is a hell of a lot of work for your poor GPU.
Third: You're not mining successfully because of your settings. Don't reuse settings from Wolf's other projects with sgminer-gm. They're two separate entities. One is a custom made, stand-alone miner. The other is, well, sgminer.
Fourth: Don't ever use xIntensity. Rawintensity only. Try 448, move upwards from there.

The formula for rawintensity is  #(CUs) x worksize x 4 - so, for a 280x, you'd have 32 x 4 x 4. That gives us 512. Now, keep in mind, memory latency and bandwidth will come into play here, so you will need to tinker.

Here is a sample configuration:

Code:
{
    "pools": [{
        "name": "MoneroWorld",
        "url": "stratum+tcp://pool.minexmr.com:4444",
        "user": "41dPExBcrTjHU5fY41NLeKN3Zm6JFmxcC5BiEzGXC2WH1mj9hQV1VzLVcxeQVxavdURzXNCHmXLSgeH7KEfzLUFhPhidXJB",
        "pass": "x",
        "profile": "xmr"
    }],
    "profiles": [{
            "name": "xmr",
            "algorithm": "cryptonight",
            "rawintensity": "448",
            "worksize": "4",
            "gpu-threads": "2"
    }],
    "default-profile": "xmr",
    "no-extranonce": true
}

I have 270,280,290s would that formula for rawintensity be the same or what would be good to start with also Im running eth with xIntensity 768 should that also be rawintensity instead of xintensity and what to start with Im getting double the HW errors on my 290 and would love to tune all these gpus in but have no clue on what settings to start with than there is TC and powertune any advice on settings would be appreciated thank you
nerdralph

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 01:49:47 AM

Just tested out the new version mining eth on Ubuntu 14.0.4.  I was confused at first since there was no .tgz extension on the file, until I realized it is just the sgminer ELF executable and not the full package including kernel files.  I'm using xI 896 and getting 27Mh from a R9 290x clocked at 950/1000 with a Stilt BIOS.
The 5.3.0 version had just failed again on the DAG change, so in 5 days we'll see if 5.4.0 is better.
OhGodAGirl

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2016, 06:51:54 AM

Just tested out the new version mining eth on Ubuntu 14.0.4.  I was confused at first since there was no .tgz extension on the file, until I realized it is just the sgminer ELF executable and not the full package including kernel files.  I'm using xI 896 and getting 27Mh from a R9 290x clocked at 950/1000 with a Stilt BIOS.
The 5.3.0 version had just failed again on the DAG change, so in 5 days we'll see if 5.4.0 is better.

Drat - I thought we fixed that bug.

Once I get a breather on the weekend, I will look into this; I will also package the files appropriately. It's a pre-release version for testing. Doesn't mean I need to get sloppy! ^^

Apologies for the inconvenience.
lexele

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 09:39:44 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2016, 10:15:08 AM by lexele

tx.

Can you try your rawintensity as 512, and set your worksize to 4, and tell me what you get?

Using the formula I posted (which is a reference, but not the rule), you'd be best to work with 1024 - and then, and this applies to everyone - work down in increments of 8, until you stop improving.

So many variables come into play here: cache, latency, overall speed, bandwidth. I know it's frustrating to spend so much time tweaking it. But it's the best advice I can offer you.

You are currently the only user reporting the fluctuating hash rates, so, if anyone else is having this issue, please, speak up!

Just to be sure I'm reading the right output, it's like that:

(5s): n (avg:) m H/s
GPU0: x / y H/s

n is the one fluctuating in the 200 H/s range. The others are quite stable.

BTW why is there a difference between the two lines, I would have expected them to be equal with one card only, but they're not.
OhGodAGirl

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2016, 11:24:53 AM

tx.

Just to be sure I'm reading the right output, it's like that:

(5s): n (avg:) m H/s
GPU0: x / y H/s

n is the one fluctuating in the 200 H/s range. The others are quite stable.

BTW why is there a difference between the two lines, I would have expected them to be equal with one card only, but they're not.

Oh! The (5s) will fluctuate - it's a five second average across all cards. The second line is your current hashrate.
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 12:58:03 PM

When changing clocks and other settings in a conf file do I need to do each gpu separate or can I use a comma like in a bat file I usually use windows so I use .bat files and only changed settings in .conf files a few times but now I'm trying out pimp and need to change clocks in the conf file
lexele

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 01:03:37 PM

Oh! The (5s) will fluctuate - it's a five second average across all cards. The second line is your current hashrate.

Ok then, sorry.

Next I let it run for a while (like an our per run):

I run several tests decreasing from 1024/8 (1024/4 was bad). The best mark was 750 H/s with rI=1008. But when I came back after trying 1000 and 992 (and lower...), It didn't go over 737...

I tested 512/4 as you asked, very bad hashrate ~500 H/s.

After a while in each run I got HW errors  and the share count decreased. I will try to reproduce something similar under windows mining eth(unless xmr is running now?) to see if there's a correlation with memory errors.

Nota: Wolf's standalone xmr miner give's similar hashrate, but better share count.
OhGodAGirl

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2016, 02:55:03 PM

When changing clocks and other settings in a conf file do I need to do each gpu separate or can I use a comma like in a bat file I usually use windows so I use .bat files and only changed settings in .conf files a few times but now I'm trying out pimp and need to change clocks in the conf file

You can use a comma, or set one global clock for all your GPUs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: