Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:36:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Genesis Mining Presents: SGMiner-GM - now with Zawawa's GG! [Updated 17/01/2017]  (Read 140372 times)
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 04:16:59 AM

I saw that solo-mining zcash was possible with version 5.5.4 but I cannot get it to work.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brian_notgrr

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 04:22:17 PM

Looking for advice tuning my 480's for XMR.

Rig:
-Gigabyte ga-970a, phenom IIx4, 4g RAM.  
-Xubuntu 16.04LTS (running from console), AMDGPU-PRO 16.60
-4x sapphire rx 480 nitro 4gb elpida, stock bios.  Stock clocks are 1143/1750

Hashrate is hovering in the mid 500's.

Settings:
- w8 g1 (haven't seen much difference going with w4 g2)
- ri currently 1088 (started at 1152, not much difference backing down as low as 1024)
- I've tried adjusting the gpu clock between 800 and 1300 and the memclock as high as 2200, and can't say any of those change a durn thing.

Had the same experience with my sapphire 470/4gb (elpida) cards.  I could occasionally get em up to 600 in windows by flogging the memclock, never got above 550 in linux until I did a memory strap (1500 copied up), and now I'm getting solid 600 on stock settings.  They run pretty hot but I think that's due to crappy reference design fan.

Not eager to flash the ROM on the 480's.  No bios switch.  Polaris bios editor doesn't work with these cards. Tempted to just live with it, in lieu of downloading a bios off the internet.  I'm open to suggestion.

By the way, these cards are on sale at Newegg for ~180.  Net of everything it was probably a decent deal, it was worth the extra 10 bucks over a 470 to get some decent fans on there.  If I can squeeze a little more out of them, it'll be a great deal.  
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 04:48:03 PM

Rig:

Settings:
- ri currently 1088 (started at 1152, not much difference backing down as low as 1024)
- I've tried adjusting the gpu clock between 800 and 1300 and the memclock as high as 2200, and can't say any of those change a durn thing.

Had the same experience with my sapphire 470/4gb (elpida) cards.  I could occasionally get em up to 600 in windows by flogging the memclock, never got above 550 in linux until I did a memory strap (1500 copied up), and now I'm getting solid 600 on stock settings.  They run pretty hot but I think that's due to crappy reference design fan.

Not eager to flash the ROM on the 480's.  No bios switch.  Polaris bios editor doesn't work with these cards. Tempted to just live with it, in lieu of downloading a bios off the internet.  I'm open to suggestion.

By the way, these cards are on sale at Newegg for ~180.  Net of everything it was probably a decent deal, it was worth the extra 10 bucks over a 470 to get some decent fans on there.  If I can squeeze a little more out of them, it'll be a great deal.  

suggest you use ri 1008 and w 8; try it you will be surprised.

IMHO, XMR is not memory intensive algo like ETH or ZEC, so you need raw GPU power, no use modding your memory clocks - so getting 470 instead of 480 for example will be an outright downgrade.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
m0bilitee

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 06:41:26 PM

Hi, everybody! After I have been disappointed in Claymore's GPU miner (who was too lazy to backup GNU/Linux sources and too greed to buy a secure online storage, like, for example, lessauthority). I started too look for an open source GNU/Linux-compatible alternative. SGMiner looks decent enough. I was able to run the v5.5.5 binary for Ubuntu (and not able to build from sources yet).

What I don't understand is how to view GPU's temperature and FAN speed? When I run "sgminer_ubuntu64 --ndevs" it shows me:
"Unable to load ATI ADL library". I found the library is being loaded by the function:
Code:
dlopen( "libatiadlxx.so", RTLD_LAZY|RTLD_GLOBAL)
AMD ADL API docs says the file must reside in the following directory:
Linux 64-bit Runtimes (64-bit OS):
/usr/X11R6/lib64/Libatiadlxx.so
But the file is not found anywhere on the system!
I have the driver "amdgpu-pro-16.60" from the official site under Ubuntu 16.04.

Also, where I can find the meaning of the environment variables which are being complained to?:
WARNING: GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT is not specified!
WARNING: GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS is not specified!

I have the same challenges with the ATI ADL library missing on my system, but found Radeon-Profile to be a good GUI substitute for viewing GPU temp and being able to control fan speeds manually. I run this as root.  https://github.com/marazmista/radeon-profile and it works reasonable well for me.  On my MSI Rx480 I am unable to change clock speeds even though this app leads me to believe I might be able to.  I'm on Ubuntu 16.04 like yourself.

brian_notgrr

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:31:12 PM

@galaxySuser: I'm pretty new to the game too, so I have more empathy than knowledge but perhaps that will be helpful.

The ADL issues are discussed at length here and on github, there's a lot to wrap one's head around; here are the basic issues as I understand them --

- When you're compiling, you have to copy the libraries into .../sgminer-gm/ADL_SDK (there's a readme file in there that explains)
- Personally I haven't found that the temp monitoring works from console (either under AMDGPU-PRO or fglrx)
- Temp monitoring works just fine for me in the graphical environment running fglrx, but there have been issues with AMDGPU-PRO, for example ADL and OpenCL sometimes disagree about which graphics card is which.  

The developers are working on it, and there are solutions (scroll up a bit) but keep in mind there are a mind-boggling number of moving parts here, mostly coming from the fact that Radeon woke up one morning about three months ago and found out their drivers were incompatible with pretty much every linux distro in the world.  Right about the time the RX 400 series hit the market. Legacy support is really good right now, but 400 series support is still a work in progress.

For a casual hobbyist, there's an argument I think for 2nd or 3rd gen cards running under xubuntu 14.04 and fglrx, closest thing to hitting the easy button there is.  With the 400 series, good news is, they hash OK with low power use right out of the box.  Bad news is, to squeeze the most out of them, you have to bring anywhere from some, to a heck of a lot of expertise to the table depending on what equipment you're using.  

Me, I bought a bunch of fans.  Seems to be working.

@citronik:  hey, not bad.  I am surprised.  Still haven't cracked 600.  Getting close tho.  I get the feeling it's about architecture, quality of components, and memory timing.  Not sure I'm gonna make much more headway until I optimize the timing.  Clock speed seems like kind of a blunt instrument.
UnclWish

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 12:25:10 AM

Rig:

Settings:

suggest you use ri 1008 and w 8; try it you will be surprised.

IMHO, XMR is not memory intensive algo like ETH or ZEC, so you need raw GPU power, no use modding your memory clocks - so getting 470 instead of 480 for example will be an outright downgrade.

I don't know about 470 or 480, but on my 270X and 280X memory clocks is very important for XMR speed and not important for ZEC and ETH at all. For ZEC and ETH on these cards increasing GPU clocks make something for speed, but memory clocks changes speed less then 1%.
On XMR 270X&280X memory clocks can add up to 10-20% for XMR speed.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:29:28 AM

@citronik:  hey, not bad.  I am surprised.  Still haven't cracked 600.  Getting close tho.  I get the feeling it's about architecture, quality of components, and memory timing.  Not sure I'm gonna make much more headway until I optimize the timing.  Clock speed seems like kind of a blunt instrument.

Currently I am mining ZEC because its most profitable to mine now.

However when XMR was hot a few weeks ago, I use sgminer-gm-v5.5.5-8-Nicehash on Linux (ri 1008 w Cool, selling hash at Nicehash Cryptonight marketplace.

In most cases, my RX480 rigs perform well on ETH mining.

While my R9 Nano Fury rigs performs best for ZEC and XMR.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 01:39:05 AM

ZEC Mining Really go well today!

I got 0.11004xx Zcash from my GPU miners and 0.13476398  from Genesis Mining (Cloud mining).

Happy day`s!

Smiley

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
galaxy5user

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 07:34:28 AM

...never got above 550 in linux until I did a memory strap (1500 copied up), and now I'm getting solid 600 on stock settings.  They run pretty hot but I think that's due to crappy reference design fan.
I have ~570h/s on 2 cards and 630h/s on the 3rd. Didn't use overclocking yet. What tool did you use to change the memory strap? Do you experience crashes like  "GPU DEAD" or system hangs after a couple of hours?

The problem with ADL is the absense of the file 'libatiadlxx.so' which is nowhere to find and which (according to ADL API docs) must be supplied with AMDGPU driver in: "Linux 64-bit Runtimes (64-bit OS): /usr/X11R6/lib64/Libatiadlxx.so". To monitor sensors I use 'watch -n 5 sensors'.

How to run 'sgminer' as a daemon AND monitor it's state? I've tried to run it detached from a terminal (with "&" at the end) and redirecting the stdout to a text file. But the file happens to be filled with a crap. It seems like 'sgminer' sends there a positioning symbols which are good for text-based GUI, but looks crappy in a text file.
Umister

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 08:22:02 AM

RX480 with HW error  about 1HW/min.. how to fix? -rawintensity 504 -w 4 -g 2  win7.

You need to reduce the intensity or clock frequency.
Dobmaster

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 08:48:44 AM

where to download sgminer-gm-v5.5.5-8?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
galaxy5user

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 08:58:20 AM

Try using screen.

Of course terminal screen works. But the question is: how to run 'sgminer' as a daemon AND monitor it's state? I don't want to have 'sgminer' always be bound to my laptop. And all unix daemons have the ability to write logs or at least check their status with "status" signal ('systemctl status' command).
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 12:22:10 PM

NICEHASH MODIFIED SGMINER-GM--

The version you want is a NiceHash modification of the open-source SGminer-GM.  You will find it with the other NiceHash softwares, just look a he NiceHash website.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
Dobmaster

Activity: 464

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 01:32:31 PM

The version you want is a NiceHash modification of the open-source SGminer-GM.  You will find it with the other NiceHash softwares, just look a he NiceHash website.       --scryptr

Do you mean https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer/releases

I only saw 5.5.0a, sgminer v5.6.0, not the sgminer-gm-v5.5.5-8

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 01:51:10 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sgminer-gm+nicehash
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 03:09:43 PM

This version v5.5.5-8 works well with Nicehash.

Previous versions have this awful issue with high or 100% rejects.

ri 1008 w 8.... seems to be best settings.

Run sgminer in Linux for best performance and stability

Kevinatin

Activity: 612

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 06:28:39 PM

What is the required driver version? I tried that with the 15.12 or 16.9.2 for my R9 390, it does not work. It just showed the first two lines of commands.
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 08:58:55 PM

NICEHASH SGMINER-GM--

Yes, NiceHash has modified their own classic SGminer as well, but NH specifically has a branch of SGminer-GM.  Here is the official link:  https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer-gm/releases .

I apologize for the confusion. There are many branches of SGminer by various coders.  SGminer-GM has been modified by NiceHash, and the NH staff has retained its name.  The latest NH version is still v5.5.5-8.  The latest version of Wolf0's work for Genesis Mining is v5.5.5.

Hope your mining efforts are successful!       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 09:07:03 PM

What is the required driver version? I tried that with the 15.12 or 16.9.2 for my R9 390, it does not work. It just showed the first two lines of commands.

Try with the -no-adl flag.
galaxy5user

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 10:39:59 PM

Oh, try -T - will disable the curses output and log regularly to stdout.
It helped, thanx!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: