Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:46:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-09-06] TR.COM| Five big myths about the Bitcoin blockchain  (Read 504 times)
eye4bd (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 07:41:29 PM

Five big myths about the Bitcoin blockchain

The blockchain is eternal. Every transaction logged to the encrypted and open public ledger technology is cryptographically locked, frozen in an inalterable public record. The code is the foundation of much-hyped cryptocurrency Bitcoin, as well a number of fascinating, if speculative, startups. The business and cultural potential of the blockchain excited business and developer communities, but technological reality of the code is often misunderstood....

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/five-big-myths-about-the-bitcoin-blockchain/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Das

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 02:46:49 AM

I agree that the bitcoin blockchain is still evolving with new features added from time to time but those "myths" are not actually myths. They are verifiable facts.
eye4bd (OP)

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 09:38:12 PM

I agree that the bitcoin blockchain is still evolving with new features added from time to time but those "myths" are not actually myths. They are verifiable facts.

Hi
Yes, you are right! I'm totally agree with your thinking.
Actually few years back mainstream media was very sad about blockchain. The editor never felt in needs of assigning even a reporter to cover the topic. Now that sort of things change unanimously for every leading media of the world. So give them little a bit more time to digest the myths!

Thanks!     
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 10:24:16 PM

New features being added to the blockchain? How so? The blockchain right now isn't any different from how it was years ago. You can exactly do the same with it, however, with the upcoming block size increase you can even add more transactions/data in a single block. The only "downside" will be that the blockchain will grow much faster in size.
a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 11:00:29 PM

the blockchain is decentralized. even if the nodes number is declining. it is still spread all over the world. check https://bitnodes.21.co/  map for example
Dinki

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

Incent

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 02:37:52 PM

New features being added to the blockchain? How so? The blockchain right now isn't any different from how it was years ago. You can exactly do the same with it, however, with the upcoming block size increase you can even add more transactions/data in a single block. The only "downside" will be that the blockchain will grow much faster in size.

Some of the new features being included is the lightning network for faster transactions and anonymity option and the likes.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 06:20:52 PM

Some of the new features being included is the lightning network for faster transactions and anonymity option and the likes.

I am not talking about what will be included at some point in the future. I was more referring to what has already been added as a significant feature.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: