Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:17:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you like another coin's bechmark website?
Yes - 45 (90%)
No - 5 (10%)
Total Voters: 50

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU & CPU BENCHMARKS FOR MONERO MINING! (New Domain: monerobenchmarks.info)  (Read 178189 times)
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:55:21 PM

This whole 6x/8x thing made the site difficult to use for no reason whatsoever. What's the point of these? It's not like using more GPUs somehow changes the overall hashrate (per card). People want to know hashrates for particular cards/settings, and not someone's 6x rig's total hashrate. It's extra work at least to divide the results, and in case of different brands/settings it's not even possible to figure out the exact hashrates. Some results are just borderline retarded now like "2X 7950(3GB), 1X 7970(3GB), 1X RX 570(4GB), 2X RX 580(4GB)" or "1X MSI R9 390 + 2X ASUS R9 390X +1X ASUS RX 480 + AMD RYZEN 5 1400". Who thought those would be of any use to anyone?

I kind of understand how it came to this — the site owner probably wanted as many results posted as possible — but it turned the site into a difficult to use mess.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stna1981

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:09:10 PM

It is even more difficult as many people mod or OC their card, but don't mention it in the description. Also the power consumption values are of no use, some just use what is displayed in GPU-Z which has nothing to do with consumption at the wall...
herrdrone (OP)

Activity: 633
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:50:04 PM

This whole 6x/8x thing made the site difficult to use for no reason whatsoever. What's the point of these? It's not like using more GPUs somehow changes the overall hashrate (per card). People want to know hashrates for particular cards/settings, and not someone's 6x rig's total hashrate. It's extra work at least to divide the results, and in case of different brands/settings it's not even possible to figure out the exact hashrates. Some results are just borderline retarded now like "2X 7950(3GB), 1X 7970(3GB), 1X RX 570(4GB), 2X RX 580(4GB)" or "1X MSI R9 390 + 2X ASUS R9 390X +1X ASUS RX 480 + AMD RYZEN 5 1400". Who thought those would be of any use to anyone?

I kind of understand how it came to this — the site owner probably wanted as many results posted as possible — but it turned the site into a difficult to use mess.
It is even more difficult as many people mod or OC their card, but don't mention it in the description. Also the power consumption values are of no use, some just use what is displayed in GPU-Z which has nothing to do with consumption at the wall...

Honestly, the last messages on this site & reddit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxDsWRzc734

this site is +1 year and before people started submitting GPU benchmarks up to 3 cards, Many CPU benchmarks where submitted with 2-4 CPU's in the same rig and there was no complain about it.

Suggestions & improvements are welcome, whining is not.

RAVENCOIN BENCHMARKS-> https://ravencoinhashrate.space/
kyogi14

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:11:46 AM

Sorry dude but the site does suck with all the useless multiGPU stats. I totally agree with wacko. People don't want to see what the highest hashrate someone can hit in a single rig.  They want to know what performance to expect out of a given card to see if that card is meeting the "benchmark" or to see what hashrate they can get out of a card they want to purchase.  If you want to showcase the fastest rigs, put that in a separate page for top rigs or something.

Not whining here, just saying that I would use your site more if it met the needs i'm describing.  Would also be nice to sort or filter by GPU/CPU type.
herrdrone (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:33:54 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2017, 02:46:45 AM by herrdrone

with all the useless multiGPU stats.  

That conversation is over.

Would also be nice to sort or filter by GPU/CPU type.

Guess you haven't checked the 12 different filters related to CPU nor the 11 filters related to GPU available here: http://monerobenchmarks.info/list.php

Edit: added GPU filters.

BSAlex

Activity: 239

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:06:34 PM

Hi!
Please note that CPU search is not working correctly.
I was trying to find "Xeon E3-1220L V3" but the result was "only alphanumeric characters allowed". But many CPU are listed with "-" . If I list all results I can scroll to E3-1220 but it is not a fast thing to do. Please allow "-" in the search pattern or at least prevent usage of it when submitting results.

PS Thanks a lot for your work, really useful
herrdrone (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:18:33 PM

Hi!
Please note that CPU search is not working correctly.
I was trying to find "Xeon E3-1220L V3" but the result was "only alphanumeric characters allowed". But many CPU are listed with "-" . If I list all results I can scroll to E3-1220 but it is not a fast thing to do. Please allow "-" in the search pattern or at least prevent usage of it when submitting results.

PS Thanks a lot for your work, really useful

Fixed, thanks for your suggestion.

Currently working on some improvements, will update website after all is ready.

herrdrone (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:41:39 AM

Hi, I just updated website to improve data view & reduce bandwidth.

GPU & CPU tables are now different on home page (http://monerobenchmarks.info/index.php), changes done:

• By default on both tables, benchmarks will be sorted alphabetically by model (GPU/CPU). Sorting can be changed by clicking on a different column's name.
  • By default on both tables, benchmarks will be sorted by 10 entries and can be changed on top left.
  • By default on both tables, benchmarks can be searched using "search" field on top left.
  • Added date column on all benchmarks.

On "List Benchmarks" section (http://monerobenchmarks.info/list.php) section :

• Added listing by Date on GPU & CPU Benchmarks.

As usual constructive suggestions & improvements are welcome.

Thanks to all who has sent contributions to website's address: 425uMjdim9w29jAR4zwTYZQvwkSPDdLV28Tob6mcrUREhri1f6Psxx54rtK6G1gJut3VAWhsYR5jeGJ fYtpn7bzPARp5e3h

Jpti

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:09:42 AM

Hi,
Constructing a small rig.
With similar priced AMD and NVIDIA, going with AMD would be better?
Please suggest, I find AMD generally have higher hashes on benchmark.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
herrdrone (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:31:47 PM

Hi,
Constructing a small rig.
With similar priced AMD and NVIDIA, going with AMD would be better?
Please suggest, I find AMD generally have higher hashes on benchmark.

Hi, AMD cards perform better on cryptonight mining than NVIDIA cards.

Also, when choosing a GPU/CPU from website, my advice is to average all benchmarks of that hardware (GPU/CPU), and do all math based on that number. I'll have to implement that on website.

You can use this mining calculator to estimate your earnings: https://www.monero.how/monero-mining-calculator

herrdrone (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:25:41 PM

Hi, Here is a benchmark I'd like to add.

I'm running a slightly older mining setup but it works well.

GPU: 8x AMD 7950 (Mixture of cards from XFX, Sapphire and HIS) Core Clock: 1000, Mem Clock: 1250, Temps 30-40 Degrees C
APP: Claymore 10.2
H/s: 3680
TDP: 1100W

I added it to website, keep it mind you can submit GPU Benchmarks here: http://monerobenchmarks.info/submitGPU.php

And CPU Benchmarks can be submitted here: http://monerobenchmarks.info/submitCPU.php

nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:49:49 AM

Honestly, the last messages on this site & reddit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxDsWRzc734

this site is +1 year and before people started submitting GPU benchmarks up to 3 cards, Many CPU benchmarks where submitted with 2-4 CPU's in the same rig and there was no complain about it.

This isn't wining, its the truth.  I actually came here to comment on the multi-gpu submissions but looks like others have recently beat me to the punch.  I don't know if I would use the term "difficult to use for no reason whatsoever" but I would say that if you want to keep multi-gpu submissions then you should make a section for single benchmarks.  A benchmark is supposed to be a point of reference used in comparison.  When the top 3 results are multi Vega 64 rigs, it makes it impossible to see what card is actually the king.  As for multi-cpu systems, that is totally different.  There are different Xeon models that are meant to be used in multi cpu configurations.  It would still be nice to know the single chip performance, but its not as necessary as with the GPUs.

I should just build a new benchmarking site where people can actually see the configurations used to achieve the results.
herrdrone (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:38:28 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2017, 02:48:51 PM by herrdrone

This isn't wining

* whining

I don't accept crap (whining, bitching, trash-talking, offense, childishness) from anyone. Seems like a lot of people have a really bad habit of writing as they think, without checking twice their statements. Guess some toddlers here have lost their pacifiers prematurely.

I accept suggestions as some people on this thread & reddit have done correctly, backing improvements with arguments. I started this website as a project to help community and It will always be like that, and website will keep improving in the same way.

More features (data filters, statistics) are on the way (as It always have been), they will be added when they are finished and properly tested.

BSAlex

Activity: 239

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:16:00 AM

I also don't like a bit multi-gpu data, especially for systems containing different GPU in single rig. I'd like to have option to separate multiple-gpu and single-gpu benchmarks, for example some checkbox (multiple GPU system) and some filter option for already available list options. Much better - an option to save multiple GPU to single rig benchmark with separate data for every GPU or just overall hashrate for the rig. But I understand that resulting input interface need a good piece of work for programming and much more effort from users. Even now many people have a hard time submitting their data (:-)). 
TheDrLucky

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:57:58 PM

Hello,

sorry for my english i am french :X

in http://monerobenchmarks.info/searchCPU.php

I am not found :

- Xeon E6540
- Xeon E5-2403
- Xeon E5-2420
- Xeon E5-2450
- Xeon E7-4820
- Xeon L5520

Here is a non-exhaustive list, do you have any advice on a chosen Xeon?

Thanks a lot
TheDrLucky
fm1984

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:20:38 PM

newbie here, buying home pc (for gaming and other non crypto stuff) that can mine also

how are these specs:

AMD 12x3.5GHz with water cooling (is this good ??), 64GB DDR4-3000, ASUS GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X, 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB HDD, ASUS Zenith X399 (USB3.1, Sound, Intel LAN) Windows 10
cost 5000USD

Thank you so much for your replies up front  Wink
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:31:14 PM

AMD 12x3.5GHz with water cooling (is this good ??)
Not only that's not the CPU's name but the amount of cores multiplied by clocks (which is about the same as saying "i'm buying the car v6*220hp", instead of saying the actual model name), but this is also the wrong thread for this kind of posts. This is about a particular website where monero benchmarks are posted, and not a thread for noobs asking help with choosing their gaming pc.

The cpu in the rig you're describing is AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920x. It is a pretty fast cpu for cryptonight mining. It's not the best choice for gaming though where intel 8700k is noticeably faster. But if you're willing to sacrifice some gaming performance for significantly higher mining performance then sure, go with the 1920x.
fm1984

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:08:16 PM

AMD 12x3.5GHz with water cooling (is this good ??)
Not only that's not the CPU's name but the amount of cores multiplied by clocks (which is about the same as saying "i'm buying the car v6*220hp", instead of saying the actual model name), but this is also the wrong thread for this kind of posts. This is about a particular website where monero benchmarks are posted, and not a thread for noobs asking help with choosing their gaming pc.

The cpu in the rig you're describing is AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920x. It is a pretty fast cpu for cryptonight mining. It's not the best choice for gaming though where intel 8700k is noticeably faster. But if you're willing to sacrifice some gaming performance for significantly higher mining performance then sure, go with the 1920x.

noted! tnx wacko
serhanni

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:48:01 PM

Just a feature suggestion. If a user can submit own bios, it would be good option
herrdrone (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:24:09 AM

Just a feature suggestion. If a user can submit own bios, it would be good option

Nice suggestion  Cool will announce it when It is added to website.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: